First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
signs of your drama addiction...
9860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Living in the US...
Offline
Posted 9/25/08
--you are eager to finish the drama despite of what time it is
--you talk about dramas ALL THE TIME to people who doesn't like it =DD
--people call you a drama addict
--you start admitting you're drama addict!
--always searching for new dramas to watch

well, these are all coming from a first hand drama addict! lol.
75 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / US
Offline
Posted 9/25/08
I am a certified drama addict and my summer break drama symptoms are
1. i was thinking of studying ahead but then i was addicted to watching dramas so im just like later,tommorrow,next week, next month until it was the night b4 the first day of school.
2. when i wake up i jump hurry and take a bath without opening my eyes do some stuff then cook food (i do all this in about an hour) and bring it in front of my laptop and watch until i sleep.
3. when the drama ended i would feel so depressed and watch another drama then another then another then watch it again
4. whenever my mom will ask me to go shopping( that's like the thing i want to do the most until my drama addiction) i would say NO!
5. i keep saying i will stop at this episode then watch the next tommorrow but i watch it anyway and until i get to sleep im still thinking about it

in school time i suffer a lot bcoz i need to really control myself
school time drama syndrome
1. i would rush to do my homework just to watch like when we need to write 100 words i just rephrase the things i already said!
2. as soon as school ends im home in a heartbeat
3. i will watch dramas in half window and do my project reasearch in another half window but i end up just watching the drama
4. i would speak to myself in the mirror using the japanese/mandarin dialouges in the drama
5. i will tell my friends about the drama even they dont know what does drama mean
Posted 9/25/08
i agree with almost all your symptoms...

i watch until my eyes ache...if its a weekend i watch until morning, pretend i just woke up and just started watching again...otherwise i would be scolded (by my husband!)...if during weekdays i can sleep only for 2hrs (and be like walking zombie in the ofc)...

i skip work so that i can finish a drama...i did that to a couple of times...

i can finish a drama in 2-3days (and i still need to go to work and do some chores)...

i search for my next drama in the ofc (since i still have some ethics not to watch dramas there)...and read forums...it helps me decide on the nxt drama to watch...

i brag to my friends that i just finish this drama and recommends if its really good...and they actually watch it (sort of drama guru to my friends)...

i'm not interested with american series even if i bought alot of dvds...same goes with american movies...it doesn't appeal to me anymore (i wonder why)...

hmp...did i miss something?

20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/25/08 , edited 9/25/08
I don't watch TV anymore, i'm always in front of my PC everynight.
I go to bed after 12mid. even I have to work the next day.
I listen to Imeem.com here at work for all drama songs like full house, goong, etc.
I downloaded all the songs so i can play it while i'm driving home.
my daughter asked me last night if i can speak korean yet!!

4844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / CALIFORN-I-A
Offline
Posted 9/25/08
hmm.. five signs.
1. after finished watching a couple eps of japanese drama, i get stuck in... "japanese mode". my brain does this thing where it kinda tries to learn the language, so i pick up on the language while listening and reading the subs. so when my parents, siblings, or friends talk to me, it takes a while for me to comprehend because it's not in japanese.
2. i watch all dramas on my laptop. and as we all know, there's that crappy screensaver thing and for some reason, i can't turn mine off. so while watching dramas, i need to click on the mouse or move it or something so that the screensaver won't pop up. it's become a habit of mine, so when i watch tv, i have a tendency to look for a mouse, thinking a screensaver will pop up at any moment.
3. when watching any non-asian movie on tv, i get really sleepy and usually fall asleep in front of the tv. (and that's why i don't watch tv anymore ><)
4. you google the actors/actresses in the dramas you really like and try to learn more about them.. then generally turn into a super-fan.
5. you sit in front of the comp all day just watching dramas and you get irritated when people ask you questions or want to tell you something during your drama because you have to pause it and it's at a critical moment and when the person's done talking, the mood's ruined. (i actually hate this the most. my family seems to be able to sense all the critical moments and choose the best times to interrupt. OMG-THIS-PERSON'S-ABOUT-TO-DIE-AND-------- "DINNERTIME!" crap. mood ruined.)

well, those are my five, although there are TONS more ><
561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/25/08

ayeshun wrote:

1. I try to finish a drama in one sitting(and put off studying to watch dramas, my sleeping patterns become weird)
2. I know general phrases in korean and japanese (even though i'm viet and don't speak either...i even took korean101 as a general paper at uni to help me understand more )
3. I'm up to date with all the korean gossip
4. I have spread my addiction to my friends(at first they thought i was weird but then they got hooked.i did warn them about the addiction :P)
5. I have a craving for the food they eat on the dramas(bimibap etc :D)
I should try to stop and concentrate on finishing my degree but i might get withdrawal symptoms


I have to say amen to the food part but not when they are eating octopus...ewwww
561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/25/08 , edited 9/25/08

taylor-t wrote:

hmm.. five signs.
1. after finished watching a couple eps of japanese drama, i get stuck in... "japanese mode". my brain does this thing where it kinda tries to learn the language, so i pick up on the language while listening and reading the subs. so when my parents, siblings, or friends talk to me, it takes a while for me to comprehend because it's not in japanese.
2. i watch all dramas on my laptop. and as we all know, there's that crappy screensaver thing and for some reason, i can't turn mine off. so while watching dramas, i need to click on the mouse or move it or something so that the screensaver won't pop up. it's become a habit of mine, so when i watch tv, i have a tendency to look for a mouse, thinking a screensaver will pop up at any moment.
3. when watching any non-asian movie on tv, i get really sleepy and usually fall asleep in front of the tv. (and that's why i don't watch tv anymore ><)
4. you google the actors/actresses in the dramas you really like and try to learn more about them.. then generally turn into a super-fan.
5. you sit in front of the comp all day just watching dramas and you get irritated when people ask you questions or want to tell you something during your drama because you have to pause it and it's at a critical moment and when the person's done talking, the mood's ruined. (i actually hate this the most. my family seems to be able to sense all the critical moments and choose the best times to interrupt. OMG-THIS-PERSON'S-ABOUT-TO-DIE-AND-------- "DINNERTIME!" crap. mood ruined.)

well, those are my five, although there are TONS more ><


HAH...
I understand to everything you said......It's like I'm the another you!........(awkward)

and for the screensaver part, you need to go your desktop settings (where it changes your background pic) and change it....you can never have that screensaver again... I think

Hope that helps
561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/25/08

rem45 wrote:

I don't watch TV anymore, i'm always in front of my PC everynight.
I go to bed after 12mid. even I have to work the next day.
I listen to Imeem.com here at work for all drama songs like full house, goong, etc.
I downloaded all the songs so i can play it while i'm driving home.
my daughter asked me last night if i can speak korean yet!!



lol....and what did you say?
1202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 9/25/08
1. i'm in my own world whenever i watch dramas...
2. after finishing a drama series i usually watch it over again...
3. dramas make me cry.. and i get angry with those villains...
4. i learned to use some of their words...and some of their gestures and traditions...
5. i have the actors pics as wallpapers...
871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / i dont need stalk...
Offline
Posted 9/25/08
1. knows the actors/actress full name.. first, middle, and last name.
2. the only thing that you think about until you finish watching that drama/movie.
3. wait each week for every espiode to come out. and you're the first one to watch.
4. i go come straight home from school/work and watch a drama until 11 or 10 at night without eating
then go straight to sleep... without feeling hungry.
5. lastly,... if all of them are true... then you're an addict... (i think im one)
871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / i dont need stalk...
Offline
Posted 9/25/08

taylor-t wrote:

hmm.. five signs.
1. after finished watching a couple eps of japanese drama, i get stuck in... "japanese mode". my brain does this thing where it kinda tries to learn the language, so i pick up on the language while listening and reading the subs. so when my parents, siblings, or friends talk to me, it takes a while for me to comprehend because it's not in japanese.
2. i watch all dramas on my laptop. and as we all know, there's that crappy screensaver thing and for some reason, i can't turn mine off. so while watching dramas, i need to click on the mouse or move it or something so that the screensaver won't pop up. it's become a habit of mine, so when i watch tv, i have a tendency to look for a mouse, thinking a screensaver will pop up at any moment.
3. when watching any non-asian movie on tv, i get really sleepy and usually fall asleep in front of the tv. (and that's why i don't watch tv anymore ><)
4. you google the actors/actresses in the dramas you really like and try to learn more about them.. then generally turn into a super-fan.
5. you sit in front of the comp all day just watching dramas and you get irritated when people ask you questions or want to tell you something during your drama because you have to pause it and it's at a critical moment and when the person's done talking, the mood's ruined. (i actually hate this the most. my family seems to be able to sense all the critical moments and choose the best times to interrupt. OMG-THIS-PERSON'S-ABOUT-TO-DIE-AND-------- "DINNERTIME!" crap. mood ruined.)

well, those are my five, although there are TONS more ><


okkay... thats funny. ahahahahha... every word of it!! ahaha. its true though.
i dont even watch tv... unless if it's the news. and i do get stuck in a "mode".
like if i watch a really good kdrama,.. ill get stuck in "k" mode.
or "j" mode... you know?? ahaha. GREAT MINDS THNIK ALIKE.
4844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / CALIFORN-I-A
Offline
Posted 9/25/08

Sad_movie_lover wrote:


taylor-t wrote:

hmm.. five signs.
1. after finished watching a couple eps of japanese drama, i get stuck in... "japanese mode". my brain does this thing where it kinda tries to learn the language, so i pick up on the language while listening and reading the subs. so when my parents, siblings, or friends talk to me, it takes a while for me to comprehend because it's not in japanese.
2. i watch all dramas on my laptop. and as we all know, there's that crappy screensaver thing and for some reason, i can't turn mine off. so while watching dramas, i need to click on the mouse or move it or something so that the screensaver won't pop up. it's become a habit of mine, so when i watch tv, i have a tendency to look for a mouse, thinking a screensaver will pop up at any moment.
3. when watching any non-asian movie on tv, i get really sleepy and usually fall asleep in front of the tv. (and that's why i don't watch tv anymore ><)
4. you google the actors/actresses in the dramas you really like and try to learn more about them.. then generally turn into a super-fan.
5. you sit in front of the comp all day just watching dramas and you get irritated when people ask you questions or want to tell you something during your drama because you have to pause it and it's at a critical moment and when the person's done talking, the mood's ruined. (i actually hate this the most. my family seems to be able to sense all the critical moments and choose the best times to interrupt. OMG-THIS-PERSON'S-ABOUT-TO-DIE-AND-------- "DINNERTIME!" crap. mood ruined.)

well, those are my five, although there are TONS more ><


HAH...
I understand to everything you said......It's like I'm the another you!........(awkward)

and for the screensaver part, you need to go your desktop settings (where it changes your background pic) and change it....you can never have that screensaver again... I think

Hope that helps



haha i know how to turn it off, it's already on "none" but it still pops up ><

4844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / CALIFORN-I-A
Offline
Posted 9/25/08

weelai wrote:


taylor-t wrote:

hmm.. five signs.
1. after finished watching a couple eps of japanese drama, i get stuck in... "japanese mode". my brain does this thing where it kinda tries to learn the language, so i pick up on the language while listening and reading the subs. so when my parents, siblings, or friends talk to me, it takes a while for me to comprehend because it's not in japanese.
2. i watch all dramas on my laptop. and as we all know, there's that crappy screensaver thing and for some reason, i can't turn mine off. so while watching dramas, i need to click on the mouse or move it or something so that the screensaver won't pop up. it's become a habit of mine, so when i watch tv, i have a tendency to look for a mouse, thinking a screensaver will pop up at any moment.
3. when watching any non-asian movie on tv, i get really sleepy and usually fall asleep in front of the tv. (and that's why i don't watch tv anymore ><)
4. you google the actors/actresses in the dramas you really like and try to learn more about them.. then generally turn into a super-fan.
5. you sit in front of the comp all day just watching dramas and you get irritated when people ask you questions or want to tell you something during your drama because you have to pause it and it's at a critical moment and when the person's done talking, the mood's ruined. (i actually hate this the most. my family seems to be able to sense all the critical moments and choose the best times to interrupt. OMG-THIS-PERSON'S-ABOUT-TO-DIE-AND-------- "DINNERTIME!" crap. mood ruined.)

well, those are my five, although there are TONS more ><


okkay... thats funny. ahahahahha... every word of it!! ahaha. its true though.
i dont even watch tv... unless if it's the news. and i do get stuck in a "mode".
like if i watch a really good kdrama,.. ill get stuck in "k" mode.
or "j" mode... you know?? ahaha. GREAT MINDS THNIK ALIKE.


hahah so i'm not alone on this one then! my sister always thinks i'm weird when she asks me a question and i'm like wait-- say that again? and my brain's all trying to translate it or something ><
561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/25/08

taylor-t wrote:


Sad_movie_lover wrote:


taylor-t wrote:

hmm.. five signs.
1. after finished watching a couple eps of japanese drama, i get stuck in... "japanese mode". my brain does this thing where it kinda tries to learn the language, so i pick up on the language while listening and reading the subs. so when my parents, siblings, or friends talk to me, it takes a while for me to comprehend because it's not in japanese.
2. i watch all dramas on my laptop. and as we all know, there's that crappy screensaver thing and for some reason, i can't turn mine off. so while watching dramas, i need to click on the mouse or move it or something so that the screensaver won't pop up. it's become a habit of mine, so when i watch tv, i have a tendency to look for a mouse, thinking a screensaver will pop up at any moment.
3. when watching any non-asian movie on tv, i get really sleepy and usually fall asleep in front of the tv. (and that's why i don't watch tv anymore ><)
4. you google the actors/actresses in the dramas you really like and try to learn more about them.. then generally turn into a super-fan.
5. you sit in front of the comp all day just watching dramas and you get irritated when people ask you questions or want to tell you something during your drama because you have to pause it and it's at a critical moment and when the person's done talking, the mood's ruined. (i actually hate this the most. my family seems to be able to sense all the critical moments and choose the best times to interrupt. OMG-THIS-PERSON'S-ABOUT-TO-DIE-AND-------- "DINNERTIME!" crap. mood ruined.)

well, those are my five, although there are TONS more ><


HAH...
I understand to everything you said......It's like I'm the another you!........(awkward)

and for the screensaver part, you need to go your desktop settings (where it changes your background pic) and change it....you can never have that screensaver again... I think

Hope that helps



haha i know how to turn it off, it's already on "none" but it still pops up ><


ohhh okay...well than keep moving the mouse....lol
180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 9/25/08
1)sometimes i compare the people i know with characters on dramas

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.