First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Introverts
2672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / planet earth
Offline
Posted 9/26/08

xxfangirlxx wrote:

Haha...I think in a topic like this you just have to keep an open mind and express what you feel. There are always two sides to a debate. I really don't believe that a world full of introverts is as TERRIBLE as everyone makes it out to be.


That's the idea. There is no reason for anyone to get angry over this topic as everyone is entitled to their own opition. James, I am often considered to be an extrovert (though on tests I seem to come out smack dab in the middle exactly), my dad is probably what you might consider to be an extreme extrovert, but my mom and brother are both introverts. To James- one of the reasons that there are extroverts running government is because it takes a certain type of personality to WANT to be in those types of leadership positions. Most introverts I have met either would rather be told what to do in a group (my mom's words exactly) or, like my brother, would rather do their own thing. Telling others what to do and getting everyone to cooperate never seems to be high on the list of things they want to do (that is not to say introverts can't do these things, they can I have seen them and they are often better than many extroverts. The problem is that they usually don't want to). To everyone else who seems to be slamming introverts, the world needs introverts to provide balance. Generally speaking extroverts like attention focused on them (reason why I keep scoring half introvert). However, if everyone wants attention then no one can get it. Also, I think the reason why introverts have such an intellectual representation is not because they are smarter (I don't think that intellegence is relevant to this topic) but because they devote more time to their studies or whatever else they focuse on. Haveing a social life takes up a lot of time which does not allow for focused studies (this is not saying that you can't get good grades if you have a social life, only that generally speaking you can get better ones if you spend more time on your work and almost none on socializing-reason why I have no social life). I think that both types are needed in this world and one isn't necessarily better than the other. THere are all types of people in this world and this diversity is needed to keep the world interesting. Wow, I wrote a lot...
2672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / planet earth
Offline
Posted 9/26/08
note: introvert doesn't mean anti-social, just that they generally need to be more comfortable with a person before they initiate conversation.
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 9/26/08
I Smell a troll thread here...

OT: Exterminate the extroverts? Are you joking? The world will be totally boring without them, heck, I'm an introvert but I can still mingle with the extroverts.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/26/08 , edited 9/27/08

o0James0o wrote:


drunk_ghost wrote:

i don't care about awkward people, that make no effort to be sociable...


yes yes.... thats how the society is.... but who made your life better or worse?..... scientists, and thinkers are usually introverts... ungrateful extroverts... heck we should just exterminate all of them... i mean.... theyre flies that buzz to your ears... and since humans exterminate flies, why not exterminate extroverts?!... makes sense...


just chill man stop trying to put yourself on a platform and be humble

and fyi im an introvert 2
so dont waste time telling me things i already know

god why do you have to have the same name as me i feel shamed now

needles down my neck this is why i dont socialize much in rl to avoid the ppl that are arrogant
Posted 9/27/08
A world without extroverts? You've got to be kidding me. That would suck bigtime.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/08

i wont be able to sleep w/o posting this
to what extent are you in introvert?
what im saying is what do you do to avoid ppl?

i know what i do and i just want to compare
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 9/27/08 , edited 9/27/08

moratorium wrote:

i wont be able to sleep w/o posting this
to what extent are you in introvert?
what im saying is what do you do to avoid ppl?

i know what i do and i just want to compare


based on the tests ive taken... it should b around 90-98%...

what i do to avoid people?... hmm i dont really know... or maybe its because im a INTJ that people are naturally avoiding me... :o

13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 9/27/08

zendude wrote:

I don't really care. I just wanted to post.
Believe what you want to believe, as that is your decision.

One question though, are you merely doing this to find someone else like you or for attention, or a little bit of both?
You do know that your efforts would be futile, as this is the internet, meaning no one really cares.


i think i am doing this for the sake of showing the people in the forum that us Introverts are a minority....

as to find someone like myself?.. well ive already have one..... a forum where us INTJs can talk freely and share interests....
1453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/27/08
I don't think introverts are a minority. The world is full of people who need alone time.

I also think that this thread got off to an extremely aggressive and bitter start.

I'm definitely an introvert. A self-titled hermit, most of the time, but I have friends and do go out... I don't want to exterminate extroverts, rather, I like to surround myself with them as friends because two introverts together don't make for very good conversation.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 9/27/08

zendude wrote:

So you would rather talk to imaginary people with the same similarities?
From you profile, I can see that you have some buddies, which would show some inconsistency to your so called character. Are you just using introversion as a label to define yourself, due to the reason that you are confuse and such?

Or are you just doing this for the "LOLZ?"

Please add in mores things that you want to say.


aye.

well, im chattin with you here (some imaginary person that i dont know in real life?) with some topic of similar interest?

yes i indeed do have buddies... but its online buddies.... it is easier for a person like me to express my feelings online.... i mean... i dont have to speak or anything... easier... way easier...

and no... i do not label myself as introvert because im just confused or doing it for the lol... i mean... my offline personality is those of a pure introvert... and online... well... how can one judge a person's online personality well?..

please tell me what you want me to say?...
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/08

o0James0o wrote:


moratorium wrote:

i wont be able to sleep w/o posting this
to what extent are you in introvert?
what im saying is what do you do to avoid ppl?

i know what i do and i just want to compare


based on the tests ive taken... it should b around 90-98%...

what i do to avoid people?... hmm i dont really know... or maybe its because im a INTJ that people are naturally avoiding me... :o



the reason that it took so long to reply is that i had to revise it over and over again to make it SFW

so far that i can tell you dont how the world wrx
y ppl are needed for this that the other etc

your not an introvert man ppl just avoid you because you have a crappy personality
and
at least you can treat ppl with common courtesy
even if you dont wanna talk to them, saying stuff like imma start a friggin genocide\ WTH?
talking about ppl like that is just ignorant man
not intelligent at all not humble or anything
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 9/27/08

moratorium wrote:

the reason that it took so long to reply is that i had to revise it over and over again to make it SFW

so far that i can tell you dont how the world wrx
y ppl are needed for this that the other etc

your not an introvert man ppl just avoid you because you have a crappy personality
and
at least you can treat ppl with common courtesy
even if you dont wanna talk to them, saying stuff like imma start a friggin genocide\ WTH?
talking about ppl like that is just ignorant man
not intelligent at all not humble or anything


i believe i know how teh world works better than you....

i do not say stuff like ill start a genocide... all i said is creating an utopia...

ignorant?.. me?... my oh my...

my my my...
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 9/27/08

zendude wrote:

Imaginary people indeed.

- So, you use to internet, your anonymous persona, to express your feelings, which to you is easier; again, this goes back to you yearning for someone like you in the realm of faces. That says a lot about you already.
- In someway, you are using the internet to compensate for some of the things that you can't get so easily in the real life, and so does everybody.
- There are several factors on why you started this thread, and I am not going into that as you already know why- consciously and subconsciously.
- You try to define yourself with your profile, maybe subconsciously, as most of the people in this site or other social sites. Defining doesn't usual equate to the truth, but it does say something about that person, maybe something that they want.


i define myself with my profile?... well, im a radical.... (not the political radical left or radical right... theyre basically the same and are nothing like a radical [root])
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/08

o0James0o wrote:


moratorium wrote:

the reason that it took so long to reply is that i had to revise it over and over again to make it SFW

so far that i can tell you dont how the world wrx
y ppl are needed for this that the other etc

your not an introvert man ppl just avoid you because you have a crappy personality
and
at least you can treat ppl with common courtesy
even if you dont wanna talk to them, saying stuff like imma start a friggin genocide\ WTH?
talking about ppl like that is just ignorant man
not intelligent at all not humble or anything


i believe i know how teh world works better than you....

i do not say stuff like ill start a genocide... all i said is creating an utopia...

ignorant?.. me?... my oh my...

my my my...

u just dont u dont know even when you say you d you dont know
im done with this its just too painful
if i never log back on guys just know ive died of a Aneurysm you just dont know how my brain is screaming in pain literal pain
thank god ill never meet you in RL ,man thank god im an introvert
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 9/27/08 , edited 9/27/08

moratorium wrote:

u just dont u dont know even when you say you d you dont know
im done with this its just too painful
if i never log back on guys just know ive died of a Aneurysm you just dont know how my brain is screaming in pain literal pain
thank god ill never meet you in RL ,man thank god im an introvert


my, even among the introverts im a rare type...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.