First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
What do you think of boys band acting?
53 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 9/28/08

sukiday wrote:


koi_jap wrote:

hmmmm...I'm okay with it


but in one condition...



that they should not mess it up..and make sure that the movie or series will be a hit...


and that they will not murder the character...hahahahahaha




A drama/movie where Yamapi is killed... Oh yes please!!! I will support it with all my heart!

(Don't be mad fans, I just think it would be fun and different to see it... in real life, I would be very sad if something like that would happen)



Ahhh then you should be really satisfied ne. Yamapi died in his movies and dramas many times before. A dying yamapi is nothing new.
-----

And about leejunki, I remember him say, "hey i'm an actor. Why do I have to sing and dance too?" He also do get why he has to do it. It's not his fault.
923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F
Offline
Posted 9/28/08
As long as they can act, I am fine with it. There are some that should stick to just singing but there are quite a few that can act as well. In my opinion one of Japan's best actors is Kimura Takuya from SMAP so if he just stuck to singing that would be a great loss.
6802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the netherlands
Offline
Posted 9/28/08

_myimmortalinsanity_ wrote:


mushrie wrote:

I don't mind it but yeah, some of them should just stick to one or the other.


yup, i agree with you ><
it's hard to find a celebrity that is good at acting AND singing...


i agree with both of you
6802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the netherlands
Offline
Posted 9/28/08

sukiday wrote:


koi_jap wrote:

hmmmm...I'm okay with it


but in one condition...



that they should not mess it up..and make sure that the movie or series will be a hit...


and that they will not murder the character...hahahahahaha




A drama/movie where Yamapi is killed... Oh yes please!!! I will support it with all my heart!

(Don't be mad fans, I just think it would be fun and different to see it... in real life, I would be very sad if something like that would happen)


i get the feeling that you don't like yamapi i am not a big fan of him i think he is just ok
sometimes what makes me crazy is that he is the talk of chrunchyroll there isn't a day that goes by without
someone talking about him or saying how hot he is
12588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 9/28/08 , edited 9/28/08
I'm ok with them trying....it's everyone's right to try things and experiment but if you stink at it I's say stick with what you know...with boy bands I think they pick them really talented cause a lot of them know how to act(and looking so hot while doing it) and be awesome performers...

JE is full of talented guys(just think Kimura Takuya,Ohno Satoshi,Kamenashi Kazuya,Ikuta Toma etc) so I say let them act for the sake of all the fan girls in this world
5252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/28/08

lys46 wrote:



JE is full of talented guys(just think Kimura Takuya,Ohno Satoshi,Kamenashi Kazuya,Ikuta Toma etc) so I say let them act for the sake of all the fan girls in this world



hehehe -agrees-

1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / katy, texas
Offline
Posted 9/28/08
when i first watched japanese and korean movie and drama
i don't know that some lead actors like yamapi, jun , jun ki , shun, so on....
are singers or from boy band....

so it's OK for me....
and beside i don't understand what they singing....
unless they sing English so i can understand...

607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Paris, France
Offline
Posted 9/29/08 , edited 9/29/08

babyfuuchan wrote:
Ahhh then you should be really satisfied ne. Yamapi died in his movies and dramas many times before. A dying yamapi is nothing new.


I know Yamapi dying is not supposed to be funny, but the phrase "dying _____" makes me think of the famous ballet solo "The Dying Swan" (I'm a dancer, so yeah) so I have this ridiculous mental image of Yamapi in a white tutu hopping around like a demented ballerina and pretending to die LOL

But all silliness aside, I say if you're good at both, why should the world deny you of your chance to show it? There are the ones who are not successful, but for every factory-made idol that can't sing and/or act, there's a talented crew of entertainers doing good musicals and such.

(Of course, the key here is to know your limitations. If you CAN'T do it all, you don't HAVE to.)
758 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Manila, Philippines
Offline
Posted 9/29/08
at first when i started watching jdrama's i didn't know that most of the lead actors are from a boyband.. so i think it's ok for me.
but for koreans I only like Eric of Shinhwa when he starred in any dramas, but for some...i don't think so...
But i like the movie Attack of the Pin-up Boys of Super Junior (since im a big SJ fan) But I think they'll mostly do well on musicals, like what Heechul and Kangin doing now.
868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / France / Japan
Offline
Posted 9/29/08 , edited 9/29/08

agentduckiechan wrote:


babyfuuchan wrote:
Ahhh then you should be really satisfied ne. Yamapi died in his movies and dramas many times before. A dying yamapi is nothing new.


I know Yamapi dying is not supposed to be funny, but the phrase "dying _____" makes me think of the famous ballet solo "The Dying Swan" (I'm a dancer, so yeah) so I have this ridiculous mental image of Yamapi in a white tutu hopping around like a demented ballerina and pretending to die LOL

But all silliness aside, I say if you're good at both, why should the world deny you of your chance to show it? There are the ones who are not successful, but for every factory-made idol that can't sing and/or act, there's a talented crew of entertainers doing good musicals and such.

(Of course, the key here is to know your limitations. If you CAN'T do it all, you don't HAVE to.) :)


For me Yamapi isn't funny at all so it would not make me laugh seing him in a white tutu but someone else like Oguri Shun or another talented actor would be very funny

Anyway, the thing that people didn't understand here, it's that I don't care if they do both, the thing is that usually I think they are very bad at acting (and singing for Yamapi )

I also think it's strange the fact they want to be everywhere: acting, singing, dancing, advertising, political and so on... The consequence is that I'm really fed up seeing them


But yeah, if they were good at both, why not? But you know, things that are rare are more precious...


In France the artists that you see very few but they work so hard to do ONE thing, are the best.
2764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Singapore
Offline
Posted 9/29/08
wooaa.. you guys forgot about hongkong... hongkong has lots of really good singers turned good actors or actors who can really sing very well.. actually.. this is the asian culture.. or at least it happens to the chinese, jp annd kr.. they go sourcing around for possibilities.. if they don't outsource, in our culture, you get eliminated easily.. thats the cruel reality..
868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / France / Japan
Offline
Posted 9/29/08

xeroxeven wrote:

wooaa.. you guys forgot about hongkong... hongkong has lots of really good singers turned good actors or actors who can really sing very well.. actually.. this is the asian culture.. or at least it happens to the chinese, jp annd kr.. they go sourcing around for possibilities.. if they don't outsource, in our culture, you get eliminated easily.. thats the cruel reality..


Oh yes you're right!!! and the worst thing is that I discovered HK (or chinese) movies a long time ago before Korean and Japanese ones... (but now I use to watch japanese and korean movies)

I also know that most of them are singers and actors (and I used to love them) like Ekin Chen, Nicholas Tse, Jay Chou (I LOVED HIM for both) and even Jackie Chan used to sing...

I don't know why it didn't affect me back then; I guess I found them good at both...
2764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Singapore
Offline
Posted 9/29/08

sukiday wrote:


xeroxeven wrote:

wooaa.. you guys forgot about hongkong... hongkong has lots of really good singers turned good actors or actors who can really sing very well.. actually.. this is the asian culture.. or at least it happens to the chinese, jp annd kr.. they go sourcing around for possibilities.. if they don't outsource, in our culture, you get eliminated easily.. thats the cruel reality..


Oh yes you're right!!! and the worst thing is that I discovered HK (or chinese) movies a long time ago before Korean and Japanese ones... (but now I use to watch japanese and korean movies)

I also know that most of them are singers and actors (and I used to love them) like Ekin Chen, Nicholas Tse, Jay Chou (I LOVED HIM for both) and even Jackie Chan used to sing...

I don't know why it didn't affect me back then; I guess I found them good at both...


jay chou's from taiwan anyways.. and.. he can't sing.. but he's really good at songwriting.. he's really brilliant in songwriting tho.. directing music videos and a movie.. he's really imaginative but he really can't sing.. tho i really love his songs..

people like andy lau, jacky cheung, leslie cheung, anita mui and so on.. they are good in both... and yeah, ekin and nicholas tse too..
868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / France / Japan
Offline
Posted 9/29/08 , edited 9/29/08

xeroxeven wrote:


sukiday wrote:


xeroxeven wrote:

wooaa.. you guys forgot about hongkong... hongkong has lots of really good singers turned good actors or actors who can really sing very well.. actually.. this is the asian culture.. or at least it happens to the chinese, jp annd kr.. they go sourcing around for possibilities.. if they don't outsource, in our culture, you get eliminated easily.. thats the cruel reality..


Oh yes you're right!!! and the worst thing is that I discovered HK (or chinese) movies a long time ago before Korean and Japanese ones... (but now I use to watch japanese and korean movies)

I also know that most of them are singers and actors (and I used to love them) like Ekin Chen, Nicholas Tse, Jay Chou (I LOVED HIM for both) and even Jackie Chan used to sing...

I don't know why it didn't affect me back then; I guess I found them good at both...


jay chou's from taiwan anyways.. and.. he can't sing.. but he's really good at songwriting.. he's really brilliant in songwriting tho.. directing music videos and a movie.. he's really imaginative but he really can't sing.. tho i really love his songs..

people like andy lau, jacky cheung, leslie cheung, anita mui and so on.. they are good in both... and yeah, ekin and nicholas tse too..


you are breaking my heart! I really loved Jay Chou songs (I love the way he sings in his album8th dimension) but I think it's good that people have different ideas than mine

Edit: The thing is that in this post, I'm focusing on Boys band (except Lee Jun Ki that I really don't like )
678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / center of the EARTH
Offline
Posted 9/29/08
as long as they're good at both, i don't mind~
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.