First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
GURREN LAGANN DUB!!!
258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Somewhere in this...
Offline
Posted 9/27/08
Well i dunno how the DUB sounds like. But i have a strong dislike to DUBS in gerenal. Maybe its good maybe it sucks but for all i care i'd rather watch in jap.
917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / my house?
Offline
Posted 9/27/08

Sleepneeded127 wrote:


GoPlayGo wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


holy_may wrote:

The japanese has always owned the english dubbing by 120%


Ladies and Gentleman, we have our winner V_V


tell that to the director of cowboy bebop
Watanabe said that the the whole cast was better so no it is not always better
Dragon Ball Z is another one that is widely considered better in Eng both by fan and the creator


a small portion of those ppl who have only seen the english version of it does not speak for every1 else


no but the majority of fan who have seen both versions of DBZ say the Eng was better Goku most of all
and u cant argue with the creator of the show


Yes you can.............
36029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/27/08 , edited 9/27/08

Sleepneeded127 wrote:


GoPlayGo wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


holy_may wrote:

The japanese has always owned the english dubbing by 120%


Ladies and Gentleman, we have our winner V_V


tell that to the director of cowboy bebop
Watanabe said that the the whole cast was better so no it is not always better
Dragon Ball Z is another one that is widely considered better in Eng both by fan and the creator


a small portion of those ppl who have only seen the english version of it does not speak for every1 else


no but the majority of fan who have seen both versions of DBZ say the Eng was better Goku most of all
and u cant argue with the creator of the show


lol i can help but to get a feeling u just pulled that outta ur ass. like majority? good luck proving that. and of course u can argue with the creator. are u stupid?
103965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 9/27/08
If people like the english of kamina. I'll say this and only this, " If you are so tone deaf on how much kamina fails, go watch a fandubbed, because from what is stated or will be stated. It sounds like you can't tell between the tone of the japanese kamina and the english one."
Posted 9/27/08
Seriosly, if I can edit your fcking post, ill change the title into the moar nice way. With no 'all caps'.
44654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / My own little wor...
Offline
Posted 9/27/08 , edited 9/27/08
crazy guns? CRAZY GUNS!?!?!? Kamina did not even know what the fuck a gun was.... I have not seen any of this.... dubb..... but I sure as hell remember the shitty dubb trailers.
8969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 9/27/08

AnimeKami wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


The amount of anime getting dubbed these days are slim to none.


thats dumb sure there r some bad dubs out there but they're certainly more then wat ur saying. fact is everyone as their opinion respect other's opinions if u want the same in kind

i personally prefer dubbed anime, in most cases even if there r baddly dubbed thats only cuz i dont rly want to read subs....it distracts me from the action/ anime in total and no i wont learn jap.....more like cant at this time


-_- thats saying i want world peace or something which will not happen, but i wont get into that

if you put it that way you make it seem you do not watch subs at all, leading to the fact that you havent experienced something better.

But since you said it takes action out because you read you must of seen some sort of subbed -_-

and like i said to others licensing is not always dubbing of anime.

i give this fact 80 percent of the people who heard "this anime is getting licensed" will say another dub is about to be underway


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


jadasmiles wrote:

its not that bad..at least its not on adult swim.


QFT

[as] Schedule is so fucked up. Seriously.





ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

yet another great anime destroyed by yet another dubbing V_V


Did you actually listen to the dub. Yeah that's what I thought. *cough* BIASED!*cough*


cough* double post. cough*

If you think about it logically, logically. The chances of a good dub is 3 percent. I am basing this on facts, not being biased. Don't go assuming things without facts.


*cough* Idothatalot *cough*

Well not these days sir. Maybe you could say that for the 80's and early to mid 90's but almost every new dub out is good these days.


right... that is the most retarded statement i have heard all day.

The amount of anime getting dubbed these days are slim to none.


have u been in a cave fir the past 20 years?? dubs now are good or better. with one or two voices being off.

the only company that still putts out unwatchable ones id 4kids but the like of bandai and funmation put out really good one now


licensing does not equal dubbing, grasp that concept first.


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


jadasmiles wrote:

its not that bad..at least its not on adult swim.


QFT

[as] Schedule is so fucked up. Seriously.





ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

yet another great anime destroyed by yet another dubbing V_V


Did you actually listen to the dub. Yeah that's what I thought. *cough* BIASED!*cough*


cough* double post. cough*

If you think about it logically, logically. The chances of a good dub is 3 percent. I am basing this on facts, not being biased. Don't go assuming things without facts.


*cough* Idothatalot *cough*

Well not these days sir. Maybe you could say that for the 80's and early to mid 90's but almost every new dub out is good these days.


right... that is the most retarded statement i have heard all day.

The amount of anime getting dubbed these days are slim to none.


Really? Hmmm you must not get out much. =/

Name some for me chief, since you're ALL knowing.


again with the assumption what, what i said to that guy getting licensed doesn't mean they will be dubbed missy. They are just subbed by the producers. TTGL on the hand was popular enough or whatever the facts that lead to its dubbing to get dubbed.

ps have you heard kamina? -_- his tone of voice is not even close to the japanese.


It's what you say is what makes me assume bud.

Yet you didn't answer my question. You're off subject. Plus I don't get what you're trying to say.
Okay why do we have to sound EXACTLY to the original...why can't we be original with our VAs?


what? i clearly answered your question " the amount of anime getting dubbed is less". gurren dubbed and dubbing in general is relative, so no i am not off tangent. -_-

because the original cast is what sounded the best, and its from japan I don't know about you but in japan their native language japanese not english


I asked which dubbed shows.

I'm talking about why can't we differ from the Japanese. Ours can be better not that you would admit that since your so gung-ho about Japan.
Posted 9/27/08
Well... I forgot to watch it- which I'm not going to piss and moan about because ,honestly, I can count the amount of spectacular dubs I've seen on one hand -_____-
Posted 9/27/08

I asked which dubbed shows.

I'm talking about why can't we differ from the Japanese. Ours can be better not that you would admit that since your so gung-ho about Japan.


Better then the original? So basically, the original will be changed to suit America? Doesn't that pretty much mean your changing the 'artistic' quality of the original?

Differ from Japanese? It's thier work, their art, their story. I do not understand the need to change it to 'make it better'

You said in another discussion that your watching anime, not wanting to read it (IE Sub) But if you change it to suit Americans, then it's just a cartoon right? Everything that made it japanese anime is gone save the pictures right?
114162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 9/27/08

GoPlayGo wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


The amount of anime getting dubbed these days are slim to none.


thats dumb sure there r some bad dubs out there but they're certainly more then wat ur saying. fact is everyone as their opinion respect other's opinions if u want the same in kind

i personally prefer dubbed anime, in most cases even if there r baddly dubbed thats only cuz i dont rly want to read subs....it distracts me from the action/ anime in total and no i wont learn jap.....more like cant at this time


lol. tell me what part of dub do you like? The inferior voices? The failure to express emotion as well? edit of epic scenes? changing of character's name? or is it completely killing the opening theme?

It is just you who cant read fast enough and enjoy the action at the same time. plus usually there wont be much dialog in fight scenes anyways.



inferior? ha! i think some voices fit the characters better in english (some.... i do admit certain voices sound wierd on certain characters or dont fit at all but hey, they cant b perfect).... failure the express emotion? so long has they get it more or less in the correct emotion for the situation im kool with it, epic scenes?.....depends i dont know wat u mean by "epic scenes"..... changing their names isnt a big problem to me. i dont listen to the OTs so they can butcher them in anyway they want....

uhhhh i never said i couldnt read fast enough and enjoy the action..... i meant i like to have ALL my attention on the anime itself and not worry bout subs comming up at anytime. besides thats why anime we get off the internet can b paused or rewound at our convenience

103965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 9/27/08

ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


The amount of anime getting dubbed these days are slim to none.


thats dumb sure there r some bad dubs out there but they're certainly more then wat ur saying. fact is everyone as their opinion respect other's opinions if u want the same in kind

i personally prefer dubbed anime, in most cases even if there r baddly dubbed thats only cuz i dont rly want to read subs....it distracts me from the action/ anime in total and no i wont learn jap.....more like cant at this time


-_- thats saying i want world peace or something which will not happen, but i wont get into that

if you put it that way you make it seem you do not watch subs at all, leading to the fact that you havent experienced something better.

But since you said it takes action out because you read you must of seen some sort of subbed -_-

and like i said to others licensing is not always dubbing of anime.

i give this fact 80 percent of the people who heard "this anime is getting licensed" will say another dub is about to be underway


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


jadasmiles wrote:

its not that bad..at least its not on adult swim.


QFT

[as] Schedule is so fucked up. Seriously.





ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

yet another great anime destroyed by yet another dubbing V_V


Did you actually listen to the dub. Yeah that's what I thought. *cough* BIASED!*cough*


cough* double post. cough*

If you think about it logically, logically. The chances of a good dub is 3 percent. I am basing this on facts, not being biased. Don't go assuming things without facts.


*cough* Idothatalot *cough*

Well not these days sir. Maybe you could say that for the 80's and early to mid 90's but almost every new dub out is good these days.


right... that is the most retarded statement i have heard all day.

The amount of anime getting dubbed these days are slim to none.


have u been in a cave fir the past 20 years?? dubs now are good or better. with one or two voices being off.

the only company that still putts out unwatchable ones id 4kids but the like of bandai and funmation put out really good one now


licensing does not equal dubbing, grasp that concept first.


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


jadasmiles wrote:

its not that bad..at least its not on adult swim.


QFT

[as] Schedule is so fucked up. Seriously.





ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

yet another great anime destroyed by yet another dubbing V_V


Did you actually listen to the dub. Yeah that's what I thought. *cough* BIASED!*cough*


cough* double post. cough*

If you think about it logically, logically. The chances of a good dub is 3 percent. I am basing this on facts, not being biased. Don't go assuming things without facts.


*cough* Idothatalot *cough*

Well not these days sir. Maybe you could say that for the 80's and early to mid 90's but almost every new dub out is good these days.


right... that is the most retarded statement i have heard all day.

The amount of anime getting dubbed these days are slim to none.


Really? Hmmm you must not get out much. =/

Name some for me chief, since you're ALL knowing.


again with the assumption what, what i said to that guy getting licensed doesn't mean they will be dubbed missy. They are just subbed by the producers. TTGL on the hand was popular enough or whatever the facts that lead to its dubbing to get dubbed.

ps have you heard kamina? -_- his tone of voice is not even close to the japanese.


It's what you say is what makes me assume bud.

Yet you didn't answer my question. You're off subject. Plus I don't get what you're trying to say.
Okay why do we have to sound EXACTLY to the original...why can't we be original with our VAs?


what? i clearly answered your question " the amount of anime getting dubbed is less". gurren dubbed and dubbing in general is relative, so no i am not off tangent. -_-

because the original cast is what sounded the best, and its from japan I don't know about you but in japan their native language japanese not english


I asked which dubbed shows.

I'm talking about why can't we differ from the Japanese. Ours can be better not that you would admit that since your so gung-ho about Japan.


wow... simply wow... you are truely not a die hard fan are you?
8969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 9/27/08

AnimeKami wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


The amount of anime getting dubbed these days are slim to none.


thats dumb sure there r some bad dubs out there but they're certainly more then wat ur saying. fact is everyone as their opinion respect other's opinions if u want the same in kind

i personally prefer dubbed anime, in most cases even if there r baddly dubbed thats only cuz i dont rly want to read subs....it distracts me from the action/ anime in total and no i wont learn jap.....more like cant at this time


-_- thats saying i want world peace or something which will not happen, but i wont get into that

if you put it that way you make it seem you do not watch subs at all, leading to the fact that you havent experienced something better.

But since you said it takes action out because you read you must of seen some sort of subbed -_-

and like i said to others licensing is not always dubbing of anime.

i give this fact 80 percent of the people who heard "this anime is getting licensed" will say another dub is about to be underway


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


jadasmiles wrote:

its not that bad..at least its not on adult swim.


QFT

[as] Schedule is so fucked up. Seriously.





ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

yet another great anime destroyed by yet another dubbing V_V


Did you actually listen to the dub. Yeah that's what I thought. *cough* BIASED!*cough*


cough* double post. cough*

If you think about it logically, logically. The chances of a good dub is 3 percent. I am basing this on facts, not being biased. Don't go assuming things without facts.


*cough* Idothatalot *cough*

Well not these days sir. Maybe you could say that for the 80's and early to mid 90's but almost every new dub out is good these days.


right... that is the most retarded statement i have heard all day.

The amount of anime getting dubbed these days are slim to none.


have u been in a cave fir the past 20 years?? dubs now are good or better. with one or two voices being off.

the only company that still putts out unwatchable ones id 4kids but the like of bandai and funmation put out really good one now


licensing does not equal dubbing, grasp that concept first.


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


jadasmiles wrote:

its not that bad..at least its not on adult swim.


QFT

[as] Schedule is so fucked up. Seriously.





ChApPy_APriL wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

yet another great anime destroyed by yet another dubbing V_V


Did you actually listen to the dub. Yeah that's what I thought. *cough* BIASED!*cough*


cough* double post. cough*

If you think about it logically, logically. The chances of a good dub is 3 percent. I am basing this on facts, not being biased. Don't go assuming things without facts.


*cough* Idothatalot *cough*

Well not these days sir. Maybe you could say that for the 80's and early to mid 90's but almost every new dub out is good these days.


right... that is the most retarded statement i have heard all day.

The amount of anime getting dubbed these days are slim to none.


Really? Hmmm you must not get out much. =/

Name some for me chief, since you're ALL knowing.


again with the assumption what, what i said to that guy getting licensed doesn't mean they will be dubbed missy. They are just subbed by the producers. TTGL on the hand was popular enough or whatever the facts that lead to its dubbing to get dubbed.

ps have you heard kamina? -_- his tone of voice is not even close to the japanese.


It's what you say is what makes me assume bud.

Yet you didn't answer my question. You're off subject. Plus I don't get what you're trying to say.
Okay why do we have to sound EXACTLY to the original...why can't we be original with our VAs?


what? i clearly answered your question " the amount of anime getting dubbed is less". gurren dubbed and dubbing in general is relative, so no i am not off tangent. -_-

because the original cast is what sounded the best, and its from japan I don't know about you but in japan their native language japanese not english


I asked which dubbed shows.

I'm talking about why can't we differ from the Japanese. Ours can be better not that you would admit that since your so gung-ho about Japan.


wow... simply wow... you are truely not a die hard fan are you?


I'm not a fan because I watch dubbed? What you said before my friend assumptions.
Posted 9/27/08
I see arguments in this thread, and I laugh.
8969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 9/27/08

jagoss312 wrote:


I asked which dubbed shows.

I'm talking about why can't we differ from the Japanese. Ours can be better not that you would admit that since your so gung-ho about Japan.


Better then the original? So basically, the original will be changed to suit America? Doesn't that pretty much mean your changing the 'artistic' quality of the original?

Differ from Japanese? It's thier work, their art, their story. I do not understand the need to change it to 'make it better'

You said in another discussion that your watching anime, not wanting to read it (IE Sub) But if you change it to suit Americans, then it's just a cartoon right? Everything that made it japanese anime is gone save the pictures right?


NOT the art, dubbing. Read the discussion.
Posted 9/27/08
Dub isn't that bad, but it just sucks the epic-ness right out of it....XPXP
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.