First  Prev  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  Next  Last
Post Reply English Dubs!
496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 5/15/12
i'm more of a dub man myself, however i CAN see why some people would sometimes prefer anime subbed, but i personally just find it easier to watch dubbed anime, plus, hey, if i wanted to read then i would just read a god-damned manga, or light novel (though i haven't read much of those, like, spice and wolf and one page of baccano [then i quit because i REALLY freaking hate reading fan translations, seriously some company should translate baccano NOW])
anyway, there are a few anime where really watching sub is okay, or even mandatory for me (though mostly cuz dubs arent available)
like zetsubou sensei or bake/nisemonogatari.
however for the most part, dubs ARE mandatory, and honestly, you have to admit now that funimation is all badass they really don't have too many BAD english dubs any more.
oh and also, i will say this: There are alot of people who say that subs are infinitely better because the japanese put more feeling into acting it out, uh that's bull, if you don't understand a language you can't really say that, can you?
hell i can name a bunch of good dubs off the top of my mind
cowboy bebop goes without saying
hellsing
baccano
welcome to the NHK
beck mongolian chop squad
fullmetal alchemist
mushi shi
durarara
chobits
spice and wolf
death note
bleach (IMO JYB is a MUCH better ichigo than whatshisname)
great teacher onizuka
ghost stories
trigun
code geass
the funimation dub of one piece
kenshin
soul eater


65660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Morroωιɴd
Offline
Posted 5/16/12
Most times I enjoy subs over dubs. I just find a lot of American voice acting hard for me to listen to >.< I do enjoy Bebop and a handful of others dubbed, but it's all personal preference. Also - I don't understand the people that say those who enjoy dubs aren't true anime fans ...makes no sense

Whatever floats your boat or sinks your Titanic I say!
1092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ohio USA
Offline
Posted 5/23/12
Dubs are for those who are new to anime. Hardcore anime watchers watch subs only.
The Wise Wizard
72348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 5/23/12

Tununias wrote:

Dubs are for those who are new to anime. Hardcore anime watchers watch subs only.

I've been watching anime since before you were born, so your "new to anime" argument is already disproven.

405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/23/12
The problem with Johnny is that he is in everything!

There is only so many voices you can make as a person, so Johnny's voice ends up sounding like several of the other roles he has played. I've a preconception about dubs, they are going to suck. Once in a while I may be proven wrong, however, they are very rare and far in between. Besides, hasn't this topic been discussed recently?
31069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Dayton, Ohio
Offline
Posted 5/24/12
Honestly my theory has always been that japanese voice acting sounds good most of the time (same with japanese singing for that matter) because you don't understand the words. So much of the quality of speaking has to do with the way you say words in the context of your point. The problem with thinking poorly of people who watch dubs tho is that subs require your full attention, a lot of people know how to give enough attention to a TV show but do something else at the same time (like post on a forum)...you can't do that nearly as well with a sub. So there's a trade off.

(And by the way, best english dub is Slayers )
30814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / WORLD OF KLAC
Offline
Posted 5/25/12
give reasons why english dubs to hear anime in other languages also type of accent to hear in other sounds voices.

besides english dubs roster are 4 sets area yet they did try their best to give good dubs showing & translate they can to anime heard in other worldwide voices.

cause if seen dubs anime from like romeo x juliet really that dub is one of best i've ever hear in my life.
gex00 
11071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Online
Posted 5/25/12
Its just that I feel like watching a Disney movie whenever an anime gets english dubbed
20431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tallahassee,Flori...
Offline
Posted 5/26/12

Tununias wrote:

Dubs are for those who are new to anime. Hardcore anime watchers watch subs only.




This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read .
There is no right way to watch anime,all there's only the way you want to watch anime & this varies from person to person.Someone who been watching anime for 20 years could enjoy dubs,doesn't this make them as much of a hardcore fans as some person who been watching anime for 2 years sub only?
So as I said,there's no specific way for people to watch anime.Just because of bunch of people who did what you think anime fans should do,doesn't mean everyone should.
1016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 5/26/12 , edited 5/26/12
I think it's unfair to say that all English dubs are bad.
A few series have had very good dubs but unfortunately anime with bad dubs seem to outnumber the good ones.

Just to be safe I tend to stick with English subs!
1092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ohio USA
Offline
Posted 5/26/12

Wolf-D-Jeddy wrote:


Tununias wrote:

Dubs are for those who are new to anime. Hardcore anime watchers watch subs only.




This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read .
There is no right way to watch anime,all there's only the way you want to watch anime & this varies from person to person.Someone who been watching anime for 20 years could enjoy dubs,doesn't this make them as much of a hardcore fans as some person who been watching anime for 2 years sub only?
So as I said,there's no specific way for people to watch anime.Just because of bunch of people who did what you think anime fans should do,doesn't mean everyone should.


I never said there was a right or wrong way to watch anime. From my experience, most people who watch dubs are either new to watching anime or they will watch it watch it causally on tv like any other tv show. Not to mention dubs are limited to only the most popular series'.
46119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/26/12 , edited 5/26/12

Tununias wrote:


Wolf-D-Jeddy wrote:


Tununias wrote:

Dubs are for those who are new to anime. Hardcore anime watchers watch subs only.




This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read .
There is no right way to watch anime,all there's only the way you want to watch anime & this varies from person to person.Someone who been watching anime for 20 years could enjoy dubs,doesn't this make them as much of a hardcore fans as some person who been watching anime for 2 years sub only?
So as I said,there's no specific way for people to watch anime.Just because of bunch of people who did what you think anime fans should do,doesn't mean everyone should.


I never said there was a right or wrong way to watch anime. From my experience, most people who watch dubs are either new to watching anime or they will watch it watch it causally on tv like any other tv show. Not to mention dubs are limited to only the most popular series'.


Well I don't think dubs are limited to only the most popular series'. Would you mean popular to Western audiences or?
Posted 5/26/12
I tend to watch dubs if they are available, but there are some that I just can't watch. I don't complain if there are only subs available though.
20431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tallahassee,Flori...
Offline
Posted 5/26/12

Tununias wrote:


Wolf-D-Jeddy wrote:


Tununias wrote:

Dubs are for those who are new to anime. Hardcore anime watchers watch subs only.




This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read .
There is no right way to watch anime,all there's only the way you want to watch anime & this varies from person to person.Someone who been watching anime for 20 years could enjoy dubs,doesn't this make them as much of a hardcore fans as some person who been watching anime for 2 years sub only?
So as I said,there's no specific way for people to watch anime.Just because of bunch of people who did what you think anime fans should do,doesn't mean everyone should.


I never said there was a right or wrong way to watch anime. From my experience, most people who watch dubs are either new to watching anime or they will watch it watch it causally on tv like any other tv show. Not to mention dubs are limited to only the most popular series'.


Limited to popular series?Yeaa-NO.Just because you think only popular anime get dubs doesn't mean it's true.In fact,it's the bloody opposite.
1092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ohio USA
Offline
Posted 5/26/12

Wolf-D-Jeddy wrote:


Tununias wrote:


Wolf-D-Jeddy wrote:


Tununias wrote:

Dubs are for those who are new to anime. Hardcore anime watchers watch subs only.




This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read .
There is no right way to watch anime,all there's only the way you want to watch anime & this varies from person to person.Someone who been watching anime for 20 years could enjoy dubs,doesn't this make them as much of a hardcore fans as some person who been watching anime for 2 years sub only?
So as I said,there's no specific way for people to watch anime.Just because of bunch of people who did what you think anime fans should do,doesn't mean everyone should.


I never said there was a right or wrong way to watch anime. From my experience, most people who watch dubs are either new to watching anime or they will watch it watch it causally on tv like any other tv show. Not to mention dubs are limited to only the most popular series'.


Limited to popular series?Yeaa-NO.Just because you think only popular anime get dubs doesn't mean it's true.In fact,it's the bloody opposite.


Oh silly me. It's the obscure and less popular anime's that companies spend extra money on dubbing. That certainly would explain why all those popular anime's like DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, Yugioh and Pokemon are only subbed and not dubbed and shown on television.
This has gone on long enough, and since I wasn't t he one who started this dumb argument, I'm ending it. I won't be replying to this anymore.
First  Prev  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.