First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Final Fantasy VIII
2675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Chicago
Offline
Posted 2/17/08
i didn't really like the whole draw thing
but as far as the story line goes, its my favorite
2424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/17/08
i like the song
34281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 2/17/08
Honestly I find it better than FF VII, because you can see from the start of how the main character became from a distance person who's only goal was to finish the mission, to I am going to save the one I love no matter what character. That is good character development IMO. When it comes down to everyone else.... it is good but there is not much involvement for the others. They are just there to help the story along have almost nothing to do with the main story directly. Sure (insert villian) burn/killed/stole something of theirs, but that is about where it stops.

FF VII on the other hand, falls prey to this too. Sure you had a failed clone living the memory of another person, but to me that was just a sad attempt to create a background for him, let alone it falls in the I have no memory hero that saves the world storyline.

The best thing I have to say about both FF 7 and 8 is that the magic systems for both was really nice. It was easier in the beginning on 7 to get the desired effect, but on 8 it took a while to really get the magic system to work for you better.
Posted 2/17/08
FF8 > FF7....I think that VII is so overrated...they just care about big guy Cloud pounding the crap out of Sephirot....while cold Squall turns from lone wolf to a softie, and it's quite funny how we don't get to meet Ultimecia until it's time to kill her.....NOW FF8 ROCKED THAT PART! GO FFVIII!!!! lol
1762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Somewhere between...
Offline
Posted 2/17/08
Squall did not died in the end. If you play the game, there is a ending credits that show Squall and Rinoa on the bridge. How can the hero of the game die??
45569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/17/08
how can you say that?!

i don't know why but this post is making me sad had you ever played any other final fantasy games if not then i will understand ... thats probably it you never did play other final fantasy games except number 8!
3096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 2/17/08

n0odle wrote:

You must have very low standards if you think FF8's story is anywhere near decent. I rather play Barbie's Horseback Adventure then this POS.



Well the same goes for you since you think FF8 is "the Worst game ever"


Most people didnt like FF8 because it sorta diverted away from the "Fantasy" factor evident in the past ff titles (black mages,white mages etc etc ) and the new junction system, but it still was a game that had its FF features. I really enjoyed the game and probably have played it more then 10 times.


But personally i find FF6 to be the best so far, Gau and locke dancing in the fields was just hilarious. The worst Final Fantasy game simply exist. Everyone has different tastes and some ff titles appeal to some and some dont. IT doesnt mean if u dont like a certain FF title you claim it to be the Worst....

247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Columbia
Offline
Posted 2/17/08

azrael910 wrote:

I don't really think Squal is dead because of the "hidden" (as in not really hidden at all) movie in the credits that show them goofing off with a camera.
Where did you get Squall was dead from? He's obviously alive since the ending shows him and Rinoa together at the end.

Um...as for the game itself, right behind FF6, it's definitely my favorite game in the series.

8438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/17/08
play the game
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 2/17/08

SaiChan wrote:


azrael910 wrote:

I don't really think Squal is dead because of the "hidden" (as in not really hidden at all) movie in the credits that show them goofing off with a camera.
Where did you get Squall was dead from? He's obviously alive since the ending shows him and Rinoa together at the end.

Um...as for the game itself, right behind FF6, it's definitely my favorite game in the series.



PROTIP: READING THE FUCKING OP

OP mentioned "theories" (gods only know where they came from) that Squall may have died. I disputed it for THE SAME FUCKING REASON YOU DID.

Read your post again and tell me how you don't sound like an illiterate mentally handicapped jackass. Just don't quote my ass again so I can be spared reading your tripe.

THIS is why I've dropped out of the CR forums.
247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Columbia
Offline
Posted 2/17/08

azrael910 wrote:


SaiChan wrote:


azrael910 wrote:

I don't really think Squal is dead because of the "hidden" (as in not really hidden at all) movie in the credits that show them goofing off with a camera.
Where did you get Squall was dead from? He's obviously alive since the ending shows him and Rinoa together at the end.

Um...as for the game itself, right behind FF6, it's definitely my favorite game in the series.



PROTIP: READING THE FUCKING OP

OP mentioned "theories" (gods only know where they came from) that Squall may have died. I disputed it for THE SAME FUCKING REASON YOU DID.

Read your post again and tell me how you don't sound like an illiterate mentally handicapped jackass. Just don't quote my ass again so I can be spared reading your tripe.

THIS is why I've dropped out of the CR forums.


Goofing around with the camera and the ending with himself and Rinoa are two different things and if I'm right, to be an illiterate mentally handicapped jackass, I would have downed myself to a noob and misspelled just about every word along with being totally off subject of what you were talking about as well as the game. So much for proving a point as you didn't really add anything at all. I wasn't attacking you with what I was saying, I was asking where did it come from since I never saw a hint of it in the game. I can't completely deny what someone else saw if I saw something from only my point of view. Chill the fuck out.
760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Somewhere.....
Offline
Posted 2/18/08
Good storyline... The song is nice too... Nice graphics...
The only thing i dun really like is when i have to draw the magic from enemies... Take a lot of time...
And too bad there's no knight of the round GF... It's my favourite GF so far in all the series...
44 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/08
I thought FF8 was pretty great. It pretty much got lost in all the hype. Its not even comparable to FF7, because well, FF7 almost singlehandedly made the PS1 survive the console war. I thought it was an overall good game worthy of its Final Fantasy name. Oh just to follow the trend of posts I see on crunchy roll: I XD love XD FF8 XD.
That is all.
2674 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / California
Offline
Posted 2/18/08
I think 8 was pretty good but if only the graphics were a little better >.<"
711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/18/08
wow quite a few say that FF7 is overrated and FF8 was great thats weird.....my opinion is that FF7 is the best of all time u pretty much can do almost anything and its not a game that u can just skip through some stuff to get to the final boss

in FF7, i'd say the only thing wrong was the technology at the time (block people WTF!!!) it was lame to have block people thats the only thing i find wrong with it. its the first FF game to have a Limit Break (Limit in FF8, Trance in FF9, Overdrive in FFX, etc) if u play FF7 and try to beat the final boss being a 50 lvl or under u will find it impossible, and i say that by not using any cheat or the Limit Break cheat (mime+counter, mime+counter, mime+counter, mime+counter, mime+counter, etc) and even that wud be hard, hell its hard enough to kill Ruby Weapon without it

in FF8 Squalls last Limit was consistant with Clouds (lots of combo). and wth mobs dont drop any dime?? u have to go up in ranks to earn money, plus the card system was confusing (a noob then, 9 was better) i beat the game at lvl 40 or so and i didn't have ALL the summons or cards or weapons. the only thing i like about FF8 is that there was no block people lol

overall, if FF8 is as good as every1 says, y didn't square make any sequal??? they did for FF7 (a few) but y not FF8. im not hating on FF8 (i still play it, also FF7) i just think 7 was better
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.