First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
PS3 Worries
1685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 4/11/07
I already have a 360 but have no games right now, i did have NBA Street Homecourt, dont get it...

anyways this summer im gettin a job and plannen on getting the wii before the fall from the job, shoot i might have enough for PS3 too by then, the thing is my parents hate video games with a passion so they arnt gonna help me out at all so i gotta do this all by myself
23587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Toronto, CA
Offline
Posted 4/11/07
For now, the PS3 (High-Price and lack of need-to-get launch date titles) is losing this console war, but it is far from over. Its going to be an exciting generation. Surprises all around: Microsoft launching the 360 nearly a year earlier than others, Nintendo with the uniqueness of the Wii and Sony with its high-end graphics. There has already been a price cut in UK btw, not much but its a start. Only time will tell. The war has already begun...
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 4/11/07
^ Couldn't agree with you more. Also Ngox. The break even strategy of Sony is a real heart stopper. As for game titles, I haven't been receiving much news these days. What good titles are there, anyway, for the PS3?
Posted 4/11/07
I honestly think the ps3 is going to wind up in the dust on this one....mainly because the titles that made most people soo into the PS console are not being non exlcusiove to that console...devil may cry is going to the 360 and there in talks for having the FF series also going multi platform soo the things that really made the ps3 hold wany weight with me are slowly dwindling away...not to mention the ps3 online pretty much blows right now :(
...my ps3 has been played exactly 4 times in the past 5 months.....i havent touched it since i think feburary when i watched taladega nights

i dont have a wii but i play my roomates sometimes and its fantastic!
i have a 360 and its honestly my favorite....esp when ff finally takes the jump to microsoft as well.


Trevor (OP)
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 4/11/07
PS3 is losing alot of exclusives. Assassin's Creed was a PS3 exclusive but now's its on the 360. There are even rumors that MGS4 might be on 360 too. I'll start a riot if FF gets on a x-gay-box.
11728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/11/07
yeah, my friend is regretting that he brought the PS3 when it came out, it's just sitting there, and all he plays are PS2 games and other DVD's...gotta wait till summer for some of em good games to come out....2008...hopefully GT5 will come out!!
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 4/11/07

kyocool wrote:

I honestly think the ps3 is going to wind up in the dust on this one....mainly because the titles that made most people soo into the PS console are not being non exlcusiove to that console...devil may cry is going to the 360 and there in talks for having the FF series also going multi platform soo the things that really made the ps3 hold wany weight with me are slowly dwindling away...not to mention the ps3 online pretty much blows right now :(
...my ps3 has been played exactly 4 times in the past 5 months.....i havent touched it since i think feburary when i watched taladega nights

i dont have a wii but i play my roomates sometimes and its fantastic!
i have a 360 and its honestly my favorite....esp when ff finally takes the jump to microsoft as well.


Trevor (OP)


Doesn't Sony pretty much own Square after bailing them out after they bombed with Spirits Within? Or is that ancient history now? I have a hard time beleiving they'll be able to jump ship too easily, but I suppose it's possible. FFXI is on the 360 after all.

If that happens, Sony is pretty much screwed. I can't think of too much else they have left since normally Sony exclusive titles seem to be jumping ship on them.
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 4/11/07
^ that's kinda true. Right that group of Hironobu Sakaguchi (I forget the name) decided to make titles exclusively for the 360?
Posted 4/11/07

Xrn_the_Nigma wrote:

I haven't really played my PS3 because they don't have very many titles out for it and the online does suck pretty badly.......
I might just sell it because I jacked mine from the store and I'll still make a profit off of it.........

I think 360 is going to do better in the long run as Trevor said with many games that were exclusive to the PS going to 360 and FF going multi-platform and then there is Halo 3 which is going to stab the PS3 in the throat...........and Fable 2 being released as well......


Yes, those two titles you previously mentioned (halo and fable ) are going to wreack havok upon sony...too bad im not a real big fan of either of those games...
Not to mention i can now download extra guitar hero songs (which rules) and 8 new playable characters (including hulk and venom) for Ultimate Alliance....i have no need for my ps3...

Trevor (OP)
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 4/11/07
Nintendo came up with the motion sensor. Sony copied it. Do you remember the first prototype PS3 controller? The ugly boomarang shaped silver ones? Those had vibration. Sony later ditched vibration in favor of motion sensors.
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 4/11/07
Nintendo did



Yes, the original power glove was motion sensitive similar to the Wii... you even hooked up motion sensors to the TV much like you do with the Wii.

Aside from that, it's pretty obvious the motion sensitive controller for the PS3 is an after thought. At least they ditched the "bat-erang" idea they earlier.
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 4/12/07

azrael910 wrote:

Nintendo did



Yes, the original power glove was motion sensitive similar to the Wii... you even hooked up motion sensors to the TV much like you do with the Wii.

Aside from that, it's pretty obvious the motion sensitive controller for the PS3 is an after thought. At least they ditched the "bat-erang" idea they earlier.



O YEA THE POWER GLOVE!!!! OMFG HOW CAN I FORGET THE POWERGLOVE!!!!!

My parents wouldn't buy it for me back then and I am glad they didn't because of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYDuy7wM8Gk
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 4/12/07
Yeah it was more of an experiment than anything else. Waaaaay ahead of it's time, though there were a couple of games it works well with. I keep meaning to get one off ebay for the hell of it, but I never seem to get around to it.
5449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / CALIFORNIA
Offline
Posted 4/12/07
the games are going to get so good i need to buy the best system ever
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 4/12/07

n0odle wrote:


azrael910 wrote:

Nintendo did



Yes, the original power glove was motion sensitive similar to the Wii... you even hooked up motion sensors to the TV much like you do with the Wii.

Aside from that, it's pretty obvious the motion sensitive controller for the PS3 is an after thought. At least they ditched the "bat-erang" idea they earlier.



O YEA THE POWER GLOVE!!!! OMFG HOW CAN I FORGET THE POWERGLOVE!!!!!

My parents wouldn't buy it for me back then and I am glad they didn't because of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYDuy7wM8Gk



Oh God, it's got "I'm an 80's dude" written all over it!

Funny, I don't remember this thing.

There was also another controller back on the first Playstation that featured tilt technology. I think it was called the G-Force Boomerang. It looked like a boomerang, and the point was to tilt it as you would a steering wheel to a car or airplane. The titles you could play with it were very limited, and the controller sucked, period.:P

As for the wireless thing, I believe both use different technologies, so in "court talk", you can't sue sony for "copying" the idea. Nintendo uses a type of infrared motion sensor - sony uses a gyroscope internally placed in the controller. Each style has it's own draw backs. Nintendo's is that you have to be at a certain distance for it to work optimally. Sony's is that you can't install a rumble pack (hello! Another thing everyone copied from nintendo!) in the controller, or else it will muck up the motion sensors.

I don't know if sony figured a way yet to put the rumble feature back in. In fact, a friend just told me that that's one of the reasons she won't get a PS3. Hmm...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.