First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Rice Cooker
49717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Unreachable Dream...
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 9/19/09

I had to edit this thread due to some users' stupidity. Please be cordial, respectful, and mannered while viewing this thread. Do NOT use profanity nor FLAME anyone!

Problem/Topic/Point:
It is quite unfortunate that not many people can comprehend an easy, and self-explanatory word such as "rice-cooker". Many are unaware that such thing exists. I had a conversation with fellow students. I opened the topic about rice cookers, and they simply asked, "What is a rice cooker?"

Discussion: (Do you really need a question and answer portion in order to say something? )
1. What are your opinions/thoughts of the people that are oblivious of the meaning of the thing called "rice cooker."
2. Do you have a rice cooker? Do you feel that it is an important factor in your life?
3. Does the brand or the value of the rice cooker matter to you? Do you prefer other ways of cooking rice?
5. Discuss anything that is related, but do NOT go overboard with discussing rice.


Interesting STUFF:
1. Do you wanna have one? Which is it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Zojirushi ZUTTO Collection NS-DAC10 Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker)
This rice Cooker costs $219.99 and it's the sale price.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A very expensive rice cooker that costs $830.00 or more presented by Toshiba.


If you really like rice and have a spare 100,000 yen ( US$ 830) to spend you are now in luck as Toshiba’s rice cooking R&D unit has brought us a machine that utilizing vacuum pressure cooking, diamonds, silver and all kinds of electronics is able to produce, well rice. ” More than four years ago, Japan’s Toshiba Corp. began working on a top-secret electronic device…Toshiba’s creation is the “Vacuum Pressure Cooker,” the company’s most expensive rice cooker ever. The pressure makes it possible to boil the water in the cooker at a higher temperature.” (excerpt at WSJ, sub required for more, message board at Cooks Illustrated has a bit more of it and some fun censoring..)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A more expensive rice cooker (price unknown but its more expensive than the thing above)

Some stuff about it:


The “Mitsubishi IH rice cooker, Wclass NJ-WS10. Solid black skin hides a solid black inner pot, too. This pot, with its average thickness of 7.5mm, is a real sight because it was shaved from a solid carbon ingot. The ingot is sent to China, and there, skilled lathe turners shape the pot one by one, with its serial number proudly embossed. IH (induction heating) heats up the pot directly by electromagnetic induction, without a medium of heat conduction. To receive the induction heating, the pot has to be made of ferromagnetic material or, at least, be coated with it. But the solid carbon! Mitsubishi has manufactured a lot of IH rice cookers with ferromagnetic inner pot coated by a carbon layer. On this” (from CNet Asia “The deadly weapon for rice war“)



Read this also first before further comments:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-34221/Rice-Cooker.html?pg=7#5055478
11579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 12/1/07

1. Thats so lame
2. Obviously..even if u have never seen it or heard of it before..u know it cooks rice from the name of it...
3. Obviously...am i going to cook rice with a frying pan?!
4. No..
5941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Hidden Leaf Village
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 4/13/08
my friend's grandma have a rice cooker but they dont use it instead they cook rice the hard way

thats so dumb dont you think
1731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 4/13/08
Yea I know what a rice cooker is
Yes I have one---my mom has like 6 dont know why though
Yup a couple of my friends and my brother in law didnt know what a rice cooker was
I like it cause not only does it cook rice but i use it as steamer to steam mando(?)
29965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 4/13/08
o_O i think everyone on cr knows the existance of a rice cooker. This is gonna be locked
2145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / London
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 4/13/08
~ Do you know what a rice cooker is?

LOL yes my parents use it everyday ^_^

~ Do you have one?

yup yup

~ Do you know anyone who doesnt know a rice cooker?

hmmm my non 'south-east asian' friends so basically anyone who aint south east asian that i know has not got a rice cooker

~ Discuss anything you want about it.

rice cookers are sxy

~ Do you think of it as a convenience or a hassle?

convenience, rice is nice lool


- i have like 4 rice cookers at home :/
6406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / in ur dreams
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 4/13/08
who doesn't know what a rice cooker is how else do you cook rice i have one i eat rice like almost every night you can eat rice with any thing or just have it by it's self that would be a meal i thought every one had one
2145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / London
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 4/13/08

Sonicslam101 wrote:

who doesn't know what a rice cooker is how else do you cook rice i have one i eat rice like almost every night you can eat rice with any thing or just have it by it's self that would be a meal i thought every one had one


your stupid if you think 'everyone' has one
3158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / ny
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 4/13/08
a rice cooker cooks rice
lol ppl actually ask wuts a rice cooker
6406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / in ur dreams
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 4/13/08

m_ownage wrote:


Sonicslam101 wrote:

who doesn't know what a rice cooker is how else do you cook rice i have one i eat rice like almost every night you can eat rice with any thing or just have it by it's self that would be a meal i thought every one had one


your stupid if you think 'everyone' has one



how the hell am i stupid like i said you can eat rice with any thing and don't be mean i'm just a kid i don't know better so don't pick on me

49717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Unreachable Dream...
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 4/13/08

Sonicslam101 wrote:


m_ownage wrote:


Sonicslam101 wrote:

who doesn't know what a rice cooker is how else do you cook rice i have one i eat rice like almost every night you can eat rice with any thing or just have it by it's self that would be a meal i thought every one had one


your stupid if you think 'everyone' has one



how the hell am i stupid like i said you can eat rice with any thing and don't be mean i'm just a kid i don't know better so don't pick on me



~ Umm, can you guys please dont start that.... ~

3358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / In my pants. No,...
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 4/13/08
Sonicslam101: A kid? You're 13, big boy.
Oh, I have a rice cooker at home, I've eaten rice since I was a squirt.
I think it's totally convenient. And I don't mess up when I'm making rice... IT HAS NEVER FAILED ME ONCE!!
((the stove failed me a gamillion times)) You dun wanna know how much things I've burnt.
6406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / in ur dreams
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 4/13/08

LovelesslyInPain wrote:

Sonicslam101: A kid? You're 13, big boy.
Oh, I have a rice cooker at home, I've eaten rice since I was a squirt.
I think it's totally convenient. And I don't mess up when I'm making rice... IT HAS NEVER FAILED ME ONCE!!
((the stove failed me a gamillion times)) You dun wanna know how much things I've burnt.


yes i'm 13 meaning i'm a kid not big boy and please don't call me big boy i find that creepy


4512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / SMILY♥LAND
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 4/13/08
I know what a rice cooker is because I have one. (:
6203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/07 , edited 4/13/08
:l
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.