First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Dear America...check your frikin' facts.
75 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / On the edge of sa...
Offline
Posted 10/9/08
You people are acting as if LYING and POLITICS together is a new thing


Read between the lines, then vote.
646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / just around that...
Offline
Posted 10/9/08

h4x0rz wrote:

I pity American voters. Choosing between Obama-McCain is like choosing between the Electric Chair and Lethal Injection


i'm not american but i totally agree with u.. thier using u to achieve thier goals there going to start off with good things but then they will turn to something completely different than the things they promiced to do before bieng a president

so as u sa.... thyere the same
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 10/9/08

SeraphAlford wrote:


raja613 wrote:


Blah Blah.....lol I don't wanna get into a back and forth now Obama is gonna win........thats all!


Well, of course you don’t. You’d have to actually defend Obama if we debated our points. Which, you’re almost certainly incapable of-considering that 90% of Obama’s supporters are nothing more than puppets dancing their jig.


I'm capable of debating any facts........but quite frankly i've just grown tired of debating with people on why Obama is qualified, and even if you did debate me and brought up some facts.....I could care less because I'm still voting for Obama lol! And yes when Obama wins his supporters will dance a jig and move on with our lives.........as you should
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 10/9/08

SeraphAlford wrote:


taka_hakase wrote:
I agree that Obama's ideal is too "fantasy-like" to me and that we should be payed for performance.
Also i like how u wrote an essay on it. It really impressed me.

btw u remind me of my history teacher. :D


That’s because Obama doesn’t do anything but talk about revolution. When he presents me with concrete plans-real numbers-I’ll believe him. However, it’s highly unlikely that he’ll be able to keep his campaign promises. Throw in the fact that he’s got a history of blatant dishonesty and is the latest in a line of corrupt politicians… Well, you can do the math. McCain’s no Regan, but he’s a better choice than Obama is or Bush was.

I’m glad I remind you of your history teacher. I’m not sure what I’ll do with my life, but I’m considering becoming a history or government professor.


Then you should become a history or a government professor. I can tell you're really knowledgeable about these things. I hope you can become one in the future.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/08 , edited 10/9/08

raja613 wrote:
I'm capable of debating any facts........but quite frankly i've just grown tired of debating with people on why Obama is qualified, and even if you did debate me and brought up some facts.....I could care less because I'm still voting for Obama lol! And yes when Obama wins his supporters will dance a jig and move on with our lives.........as you should


You demonstrate my point so very perfectly. While we’re over here, “dancing jigs,” to salt the wound of humiliation into one another, people are dying. We’re too busy bickering about party politics to check ourselves. I’ll move on with my life, just like I did when Bush got re-elected.

But, while I go on living, I’m supporting-you’re supporting-America is supporting the slaughter of innocent men and women in the middle east. Once Obama gets into office we’ll be supporting the systematic genocide of anybody the democratic cult defines as subhuman. People are dying-and we’re to blame.

Because regardless of the facts presented you’re voting for Obama and I’m voting for McCain. Case and point-you’re a puppet, I’m a puppet, we’re all puppets to our own obstinacy.
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 10/9/08

SeraphAlford wrote:


raja613 wrote:
I'm capable of debating any facts........but quite frankly i've just grown tired of debating with people on why Obama is qualified, and even if you did debate me and brought up some facts.....I could care less because I'm still voting for Obama lol! And yes when Obama wins his supporters will dance a jig and move on with our lives.........as you should


You demonstrate my point so very perfectly. While we’re over here, “dancing jigs,” to salt the wound of humiliation into one another, people are dying. We’re too busy bickering about party politics to check ourselves. I’ll move on with my life, just like I did when Bush got re-elected.

But, while I go on living, I’m supporting-you’re supporting-America is supporting the slaughter of innocent men and women in the middle east. Once Obama gets into office we’ll be supporting the systematic genocide of anybody the democratic cult defines as subhuman. People are dying-and we’re to blame.

Because regardless of the facts presented you’re voting for Obama and I’m voting for McCain. Case and point-you’re a puppet, I’m a puppet, we’re all puppets to our own obstinacy.


Wow........what was your point exactly? To alert me to the injustices of the world? To point out that Obama will generate genocide? To tell me how we are puppets because of our personal views? To tell me that Democrats are evil scum here to help Obama create genocide?

I'm sorry if I missed it please inform me of your point..........
3498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Nowheresville, MI
Offline
Posted 10/9/08
The thing really up for grabs are the swing voters, those who can still be swayed. I know who I'm voting for as do many of you. So, it comes down to who is the better salesman. After all they're just selling voters a bill of goods, saying what they have to in order to get the votes needed to win the electoral college. Yes, that last statement is quite cynical. I'm not wild about my choice, but the person I went with more closely aligns with my ideology. So, I guess I bought his bill of goods(sucker!). And just like buying a car from a shady dealer, as soon as you leave the lot, the warranty expires. Just like the promises made by the winner. Whom ever it may be. May the better salesman win.............
1678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/08




SPOILER ALERT: NO U.

believe me, this will make sense.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 10/10/08 , edited 10/10/08

raja613 wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


raja613 wrote:
I'm capable of debating any facts........but quite frankly i've just grown tired of debating with people on why Obama is qualified, and even if you did debate me and brought up some facts.....I could care less because I'm still voting for Obama lol! And yes when Obama wins his supporters will dance a jig and move on with our lives.........as you should


You demonstrate my point so very perfectly. While we’re over here, “dancing jigs,” to salt the wound of humiliation into one another, people are dying. We’re too busy bickering about party politics to check ourselves. I’ll move on with my life, just like I did when Bush got re-elected.

But, while I go on living, I’m supporting-you’re supporting-America is supporting the slaughter of innocent men and women in the middle east. Once Obama gets into office we’ll be supporting the systematic genocide of anybody the democratic cult defines as subhuman. People are dying-and we’re to blame.

Because regardless of the facts presented you’re voting for Obama and I’m voting for McCain. Case and point-you’re a puppet, I’m a puppet, we’re all puppets to our own obstinacy.


Wow........what was your point exactly? To alert me to the injustices of the world? To point out that Obama will generate genocide? To tell me how we are puppets because of our personal views? To tell me that Democrats are evil scum here to help Obama create genocide?

I'm sorry if I missed it please inform me of your point..........


Honestly Raja dont even respond anymore because after I read him saying once Obama gets into office we will be supporting genocide this is when you stop. As if Mccain isnt supporting genocide, (Palestine Israel situation). Mccain on Georgia side for killing civilains in South Ossetia. I would not respond anymore if I were you. You are not a dancing jig Raja you understand both candidates is corrupt and as always America has to vote for the lesser of two evils due to how brainwashed the mass is. This is how it will be always untill the mass is more educated. So to sit here and say if you vote for Obama your supporting genocide and Mccain is some kind of saint who doesnt agree with negotiating unless pre conditioned which proves as a failure he is all for peace and no genocide. This is very absurd.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/08

drizza wrote:
Honestly Raja dont even respond anymore because after I read him saying once Obama gets into office we will be supporting genocide this is when you stop. As if Mccain isnt supporting genocide, (Palestine Israel situation). Mccain on Georgia side for killing civilains in South Ossetia. I would not respond anymore if I were you. You are not a dancing jig Raja you understand both candidates is corrupt and as always America has to vote for the lesser of two evils due to how brainwashed the mass is. This is how it will be always untill the mass is more educated. So to sit here and say if you vote for Obama your supporting genocide and Mccain is some kind of saint who doesnt agree with negotiating unless pre conditioned which proves as a failure he is all for peace and no genocide. This is very absurd.


Did you even read the rest of my posts? The whole point is that neither of these candidates are progressive. We -are- having to vote for the lesser of two evils. Why? Because party politics.

McCain supports genocide in the middle east.

Obama supports genocide of unborn babies-because according to him they’re subhuman, and apparently he gets to decide who is and isn’t human.


10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/08

ShroomInferno wrote:


drizza wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:

Old news...politicians were always liars. Really, nothing new. Politics is filled with lies and false hopes. All you need to do is look at the politicians, they all look the "same". Same crap. The ones who have good intentions will never get into an important position, because they are simply not made for this fake crap. Dishonest people win, and honest ones can gtfo in politics.

Just vote for the better liar.




Lol this is soo true. If you speak too much truth you enlighten the public too much then the governement wont be able to get away with half the shit they get away with now. Patriotic politicians see right through the propoganda even the fear driven proganda of the $700 bailout all of our news outlets was trying to scare us into believeing this is the only way and there is no alternative. Mccain offers no alternative, Obama offers no alternative and these are the two idiots we have to vote for which is sad because the number one issue, the economy, they both are incredible weak on it and would probably go along with even more bailouts rather then alternative solutions thus destroying the dollar value even more.

Untill America gets a mainstream outlet not owned by big corporations then we can see real news and elect wiser other then that expect more slants, disinformation, more fear to get our support, and 2012 two more presidents offering change which we will never see.


I thought that boycotting the presidential elections would solve the issue. If you persuade more than 60% of the voters not to go vote...then they shouldn't be able to pick the new president. Well, I'd need to take a deeper look into the election system of the USA. But they shouldn't be able to pick a new president if more than half of the voters don't vote. Somehow there should be a way to start new elections with new/other candidates, if more than half of the population of the USA doesn't agree with neither of the current candidates.




You know that George Bush lost the popular election of 2000 but still became president? We have an electoral college that decides who gets into office. The popular polls are just to influence them, but ultimately they decide whose going to get into the presidential office-not the public. This being said, the electoral college members are selected by congress, and we directly choose the members of congress-so we indirectly choose our electoral college members, and by extension the president. So, we’re still technically a republic. Still, when it comes to the president, our votes don’t matter.

We choose the candidates-in this case we chose Obama and McCain. After that, the electoral college has complete control.

Besides, you couldn’t boycott the presidential elections.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/08 , edited 10/10/08

raja613 wrote:

Wow........what was your point exactly? To alert me to the injustices of the world? To point out that Obama will generate genocide? To tell me how we are puppets because of our personal views? To tell me that Democrats are evil scum here to help Obama create genocide?

I'm sorry if I missed it please inform me of your point..........


No, democrats are just people. I don’t believe any individual person is evil, but I do know that we’re evolutionarily programmed towards a mob-mentality. We loose our sense of individuality when we feel included in a group. On one hand, this is good, but on the other hand it’s dangerous.

People aren’t puppets because of their personal views. They’re puppets because they’re giving up their personal views. They’re letting the Republican party, the Democratic party, make up their minds for them.

They’re no longer considering the alternative. It’s the same reason I dislike organized religious institutions. People stop thinking for themselves and let somebody else do it for them.

Then, people die.

So, my point is the same as it was when I started the thread. That we-as individuals, on large scale but as individuals-need to start thinking for ourselves. We need to distance our-self from a sense of rivalry. We need to separate our desire to prove the ‘other side’ wrong from our desires to better the world.

This system of party politics has Americans bickering amongst themselves. There shouldn’t be republicans and democrats, only Americans. We should have our own personal opinions. But, most of us don’t.

Even if it’s indirect party politics is closing our minds. You showed this yourself. Look, you can sit with petty comments all you like. But, try and at least consider my point.

As far as genocide, I was talking about abortion. It’s technically genocide.

13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 10/11/08

SeraphAlford wrote:


raja613 wrote:

Wow........what was your point exactly? To alert me to the injustices of the world? To point out that Obama will generate genocide? To tell me how we are puppets because of our personal views? To tell me that Democrats are evil scum here to help Obama create genocide?

I'm sorry if I missed it please inform me of your point..........


No, democrats are just people. I don’t believe any individual person is evil, but I do know that we’re evolutionarily programmed towards a mob-mentality. We loose our sense of individuality when we feel included in a group. On one hand, this is good, but on the other hand it’s dangerous.

People aren’t puppets because of their personal views. They’re puppets because they’re giving up their personal views. They’re letting the Republican party, the Democratic party, make up their minds for them.

They’re no longer considering the alternative. It’s the same reason I dislike organized religious institutions. People stop thinking for themselves and let somebody else do it for them.

Then, people die.

So, my point is the same as it was when I started the thread. That we-as individuals, on large scale but as individuals-need to start thinking for ourselves. We need to distance our-self from a sense of rivalry. We need to separate our desire to prove the ‘other side’ wrong from our desires to better the world.

This system of party politics has Americans bickering amongst themselves. There shouldn’t be republicans and democrats, only Americans. We should have our own personal opinions. But, most of us don’t.

Even if it’s indirect party politics is closing our minds. You showed this yourself. Look, you can sit with petty comments all you like. But, try and at least consider my point.

As far as genocide, I was talking about abortion. It’s technically genocide.



Well I can definitely agree with you on the sense of thinking for one self and breaking away from bickering over menial things! I too hate organized religious instituions that border cults..........but it's always easier to let someone or something else control your life.........it's just human nature and a matter of emotion. This election season has generated alot of emotions for people, from Hillary, McCain, and Obama, i've never seen so much energy put into politics this year.

I'll admit I do get caught up in "over-supporting" my candidate because I have a passion for his message and what he stands for but I do not ignore his negative behavior or lies.

True enough the division of parties is tearing us apart now, because whoever wins the election someone is going to hate the next president..............

And lastly abortion is not genocide, its a woman's choice, not a man's, but a woman's choice I don't think systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group has anything to do with abortion...............
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/11/08 , edited 10/11/08

raja613 wrote:

Well I can definitely agree with you on the sense of thinking for one self and breaking away from bickering over menial things! I too hate organized religious instituions that border cults..........but it's always easier to let someone or something else control your life.........it's just human nature and a matter of emotion. This election season has generated alot of emotions for people, from Hillary, McCain, and Obama, i've never seen so much energy put into politics this year.

I'll admit I do get caught up in "over-supporting" my candidate because I have a passion for his message and what he stands for but I do not ignore his negative behavior or lies.

True enough the division of parties is tearing us apart now, because whoever wins the election someone is going to hate the next president..............

And lastly abortion is not genocide, its a woman's choice, not a man's, but a woman's choice I don't think systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group has anything to do with abortion...............


I’m glad we could find some common ground. You see, the reason I started this argument was to show you what that political zealotry is like. Telling somebody they’re sadly mistaken doesn’t contribute to anything-as I demonstrated.

As far as abortion, my religious view of a fetus is that it’s not human. I feel no personal strife about abortion-but the political concept irritates me to no end!

I support separation of church and state. I don’t believe that people should decide what characteristics make us human. The KKK decided that it was skin-pigments. The Nazis decided that is was Aryan heredity. Today, ‘liberals’ have decided that it’s our cognitive abilities-and I agree.

In the Judeo/Christian/Muslim theology the soul is defined as the source of thought, our sense of self, our cognitive passions. A fetus doesn’t have a fully developed brain. It’s not completely cognitive. By my religious definition it’s not a human.

However, I don’t consider my religious views in politics-nor should anybody else. I consider that we’ve got laws to be followed for whatever reason. These laws protect people. So, it’s our job to uphold our laws.

This being said, nobody has the right to decide who is and isn’t human. Only science gets to define a species of creature-and law, as a secular institution, revolves around science. You see, ever species of animal has a unique genetic signature. We define horses by their signature, dogs by theirs, and cats by theirs.

Every breed of horse has the same signature. Every race of human shares the same signature. This being said, your signature is present in every stage of life. It’s there when you’re a zygote and there when you’re an old man about to croak.

Scientifically we define organisms by the genetic signature.

It’s not abortion itself that I hate. It’s that people are using religious sentiments to define one another rather than secular institutions such as biology and genetics.

I don’t believe that any one individual’s rights supersede another’s. I don’t believe that anyone gets to decide who is and isn’t human.

This being said, people are allowed to preserve their lives at any and all costs. So, if the mother’s in medical danger -then- I support abortion. (When I say medical I’m including psychological damage.) Under no other circumstances, however, do I support abortion.

10636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / business class
Offline
Posted 10/11/08
oh lol...those are kindda weird...some arent true..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.