First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Dear America...check your frikin' facts.
Posted 10/11/08

SeraphAlford wrote:
You know that George Bush lost the popular election of 2000 but still became president? We have an electoral college that decides who gets into office. The popular polls are just to influence them, but ultimately they decide whose going to get into the presidential office-not the public. This being said, the electoral college members are selected by congress, and we directly choose the members of congress-so we indirectly choose our electoral college members, and by extension the president. So, we’re still technically a republic. Still, when it comes to the president, our votes don’t matter.

We choose the candidates-in this case we chose Obama and McCain. After that, the electoral college has complete control.

Besides, you couldn’t boycott the presidential elections.

w/e, no veto then?
well, assassination always worked so far.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/11/08

ShroomInferno wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:
You know that George Bush lost the popular election of 2000 but still became president? We have an electoral college that decides who gets into office. The popular polls are just to influence them, but ultimately they decide whose going to get into the presidential office-not the public. This being said, the electoral college members are selected by congress, and we directly choose the members of congress-so we indirectly choose our electoral college members, and by extension the president. So, we’re still technically a republic. Still, when it comes to the president, our votes don’t matter.

We choose the candidates-in this case we chose Obama and McCain. After that, the electoral college has complete control.

Besides, you couldn’t boycott the presidential elections.

w/e, no veto then?
well, assassination always worked so far.


The senate can remove a president after he's in office if they get a 2/3rds vote. But, that never has and never will happen. Why? Because republicans will never remove a republican president and democrats will never remove a democrat president.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 10/11/08

ShroomInferno wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:
You know that George Bush lost the popular election of 2000 but still became president? We have an electoral college that decides who gets into office. The popular polls are just to influence them, but ultimately they decide whose going to get into the presidential office-not the public. This being said, the electoral college members are selected by congress, and we directly choose the members of congress-so we indirectly choose our electoral college members, and by extension the president. So, we’re still technically a republic. Still, when it comes to the president, our votes don’t matter.

We choose the candidates-in this case we chose Obama and McCain. After that, the electoral college has complete control.

Besides, you couldn’t boycott the presidential elections.

w/e, no veto then?
well, assassination always worked so far.


Dude only presidents who dont bow down to the elites and bring around real change gets assinated.
Posted 10/11/08
^^
Who elects the President of the United States?
- The Electoral College -

The Electoral College is not a place or a school. It is a process that was designed by the writers of the Constitution to select presidents. It came from a compromise between the President being elected directly by the people and the President being chosen by Congress. Combining these ideas, the American people vote for a "college" of electors, who then meet to choose the President. Today, the people of each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia vote for the electors in November. The electors then officially vote for the President in December.


After, watching Round 2 of the jdrama Liar Game, it surely be a hassle if a "minority vote" determines a win and not a "majority vote," ne? XD (hypothetical question)

>3<
Posted 10/12/08

drizza wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:
You know that George Bush lost the popular election of 2000 but still became president? We have an electoral college that decides who gets into office. The popular polls are just to influence them, but ultimately they decide whose going to get into the presidential office-not the public. This being said, the electoral college members are selected by congress, and we directly choose the members of congress-so we indirectly choose our electoral college members, and by extension the president. So, we’re still technically a republic. Still, when it comes to the president, our votes don’t matter.

We choose the candidates-in this case we chose Obama and McCain. After that, the electoral college has complete control.

Besides, you couldn’t boycott the presidential elections.

w/e, no veto then?
well, assassination always worked so far.


Dude only presidents who dont bow down to the elites and bring around real change gets assinated.


well, i am sure that the racial prejudice is still very relevant in the usa, so being obama, i'd be shitting my pants knowing that there are quite a lot of racist fags around in this world.

and when it comes to mccain, i guess talking to the cook to make mccain's dinner a bit more greasy, more cholesterol in it, will surely show it's effect on his old heart very soon O_O

kk, i am kidding.
8769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 10/20/08
lol have you ever watched an american presidential debate before the 2008 one before?

yeah they're all like that. it's not just this one. you should watch the tv commercials. they're both just hating on each other
1034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / new york
Offline
Posted 10/20/08 , edited 10/20/08
i believe obama might get shot if he dosent keep to his promises, there have been racial issues about him besides other things. after all martin luther king and malcom x didnt stand a chance (if you get what im saying) they were both killed the same year but none the less obama is the ROBIN HOOD so ill go with him
300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / small gays ass town
Offline
Posted 10/27/08
for me i would choose mccain. i dont really like either of them to b onist but obama seems to b kind of mr.hollywood to me. i might just think that cause im prolife and such, but that can't b helped. i agree with some stuff on each of there sides, but i also think there lying half the time, which is really to bad for us. im glad that im to young to vote.
1288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
A small place in...
Offline
Posted 10/27/08

diazragu08 wrote:

i believe obama might get shot if he dosent keep to his promises, there have been racial issues about him besides other things. after all martin luther king and malcom x didnt stand a chance (if you get what im saying) they were both killed the same year but none the less obama is the ROBIN HOOD so ill go with him


Whether he keep his promise or not, the chances that people are thinking or trying to assassinate him is possible. Thats how much he has change and influence this elections. From what we see of the reactions of people due to the US elections, people are uncomfortable just having him as a president just because of his name. Maybe if his name is KissMYass or something that might be an issue but even despite a country of multi race and religion and background, yet people are uncomfortable just because it's Islamic and he is black. We even see people bringing Monkey dolls and shirts into rallies. Its hard to say this but in terms of maturity and thinking things through, America is far far behind.

PS 1: Just type in "Obama assassinated" in Yahoo answers and you have 173 searches, forums are already up discussing the possibility, and a believed to be Obama assassination plot halted.

PS 2: Go to 2008 Presidential Hopefuls and keep the thread going.

18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 10/27/08

SeraphAlford wrote:

This so called debate looked to me like a political slap-fest. It’s the kind of stuff typical of freshmen in college. The difference is that one of these two lying douche bags is going to be our president. So, let’s take a quick glance at the verbal sewage from the last “Presidential Debate.”


Obama:



http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_obama.html

McCain:





http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_mccain.html




http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_debate_no_1.html

What we saw was a series of fabrications, lies, and intentionally misleading terminology. Both candidates were dishonest at best. That's hardly the end of it. Look at some of the attacks Obama is making against Palin. (I wanted a list of attacks against both VP choices, but nobody is attacking Obam's guy. I wonder if that's because he's a white male...)

Palin:



http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html

Some other false attacks from each side:

In a radio-ad Obama says that McCain wants to end federal spending for stem-cell research. This is opposite the truth. McCain supports stem-cell research.

The NRA says that Obama wants to ban hunting amo and guns. This isn't true, Obama wants regulations, not bans.

Obama claimed that McCain wants to ban abortion even in cases of rape or incest. McCain has long supported abortion in case of rape, incest, or molestation. He also fights to allow abortion in cases where the mother is at risk!

It just goes on and on. Now, I'm not trying to pick on Obama here but it's even easier to find where he's lying or contradicting himself.

Some other lies:
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/obama_and_infanticide.html
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/the_whoppers_of_2008.html
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/saddleback_bloopers.html
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_obama.html

#1 Ridiculous Attack on Obama:



#1 Ridiculous Attack on McCain:



My point is that these men are liars. My point is that we had good candidates from both sides. However, we booted the qualified and honest candidates in favor of Obama and McCain. I credit this to America’s laziness. In other words, do some research next time!

Opinions, comments, ext.



Sorry Not voting for the two main piles of shit.

I am a free thinker and so I will vote for who will do are country good. Not for the lesser of to evils. So can you guess what one of the four people in the third party I am voting for?
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/08

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

Sorry Not voting for the two main piles of shit.

I am a free thinker and so I will vote for who will do are country good. Not for the lesser of to evils. So can you guess what one of the four people in the third party I am voting for?


Doesn't matter, you're more or less throwing your vote away anywho...
20924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 10/27/08

Northboundsnow wrote:


diazragu08 wrote:

i believe obama might get shot if he dosent keep to his promises, there have been racial issues about him besides other things. after all martin luther king and malcom x didnt stand a chance (if you get what im saying) they were both killed the same year but none the less obama is the ROBIN HOOD so ill go with him


Whether he keep his promise or not, the chances that people are thinking or trying to assassinate him is possible. Thats how much he has change and influence this elections. From what we see of the reactions of people due to the US elections, people are uncomfortable just having him as a president just because of his name. Maybe if his name is KissMYass or something that might be an issue but even despite a country of multi race and religion and background, yet people are uncomfortable just because it's Islamic and he is black. We even see people bringing Monkey dolls and shirts into rallies. Its hard to say this but in terms of maturity and thinking things through, America is far far behind.

PS 1: Just type in "Obama assassinated" in Yahoo answers and you have 173 searches, forums are already up discussing the possibility, and a believed to be Obama assassination plot halted.

PS 2: Go to 2008 Presidential Hopefuls and keep the thread going.



i wonder why people dont like Obama till they plans to assasssinated him(even though its fake). Because of him is "black"? thats not America way of thinking....
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 10/27/08

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:

This so called debate looked to me like a political slap-fest. It’s the kind of stuff typical of freshmen in college. The difference is that one of these two lying douche bags is going to be our president. So, let’s take a quick glance at the verbal sewage from the last “Presidential Debate.”


Obama:



http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_obama.html

McCain:





http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_mccain.html




http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_debate_no_1.html

What we saw was a series of fabrications, lies, and intentionally misleading terminology. Both candidates were dishonest at best. That's hardly the end of it. Look at some of the attacks Obama is making against Palin. (I wanted a list of attacks against both VP choices, but nobody is attacking Obam's guy. I wonder if that's because he's a white male...)

Palin:



http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html

Some other false attacks from each side:

In a radio-ad Obama says that McCain wants to end federal spending for stem-cell research. This is opposite the truth. McCain supports stem-cell research.

The NRA says that Obama wants to ban hunting amo and guns. This isn't true, Obama wants regulations, not bans.

Obama claimed that McCain wants to ban abortion even in cases of rape or incest. McCain has long supported abortion in case of rape, incest, or molestation. He also fights to allow abortion in cases where the mother is at risk!

It just goes on and on. Now, I'm not trying to pick on Obama here but it's even easier to find where he's lying or contradicting himself.

Some other lies:
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/obama_and_infanticide.html
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/the_whoppers_of_2008.html
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/saddleback_bloopers.html
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_obama.html

#1 Ridiculous Attack on Obama:



#1 Ridiculous Attack on McCain:



My point is that these men are liars. My point is that we had good candidates from both sides. However, we booted the qualified and honest candidates in favor of Obama and McCain. I credit this to America’s laziness. In other words, do some research next time!

Opinions, comments, ext.



Sorry Not voting for the two main piles of shit.

I am a free thinker and so I will vote for who will do are country good. Not for the lesser of to evils. So can you guess what one of the four people in the third party I am voting for?


I dont blame you man because I thought the same way. I am voting Obama even though I disagree with him on probably 70% of his issues but it is better then Mccain whom I disagree with him on probably 95% of his issues. Dont feel discourage about anyone telling you your vote is wasted because this is the main problem right here. I believe you waste your vote voting for a candidate who you have very little agreement with and I am doing this with Obama only because this will inspire many more minorities they can be whatever they want and also goodness I cannot live another 8 years of the say failing war mongering policies.

This also shows another flawed part in our voting systems. To keep Americans from voting third parties they tell us they are just a waste of vote. Also they give third parties very, I mean extremely little air time and will not let them into debates. It is even funny for the media to suggest because of Ralph Nadar Gore lost some votes against Bush. This kind of talk just keeps the masses ignorant as if the mainstream media is insiciting that third parties only run to distract rather then run to actually bring real change that neither the Republicrats done so far. It is almost as if our system was built only for the replubricrats who keep this country going in a downward spiral. Why are we Americans always criticzing how badly our government has been running on foriegn policy and economic issues but vote for the same 2 parties who continue to make it worse. Why do we sit here like cattle and believe everything the government tells us about foriegn policy and the economy after they repeaditly lie to us every time?

This will be the last time I waste my vote on the evils because as Jesse Ventura said even though you voting on the lesser of two evils you are still voting evil. If I can take a wild guess who your third party would be would it be Chuck Baldwin? If I was to vote 3rd party it would be him.

8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 10/27/08
id still go for obama, i think he did really good in the first debate but not so well int he second debate (well they both screwed up in the second one)
20924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 10/28/08
Lets have Change! Obama/Biden '08!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.