First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Is the boondocks an anime?
Posted 10/2/08

riavan wrote:


TimeHollow wrote:

By the definition of merriam-webster.com, no, it is not an anime.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anime

a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes

And before you make a comment such as, "Not all animes have fantastic/futuristic themes", I'd like to point out that the word "often" is there for a meaning.


And before you get too carried away, it states anime is a style originating in Japan. So yes, Boondocks has this style even if it didn't originate in Japan, therefore it is an anime.

The true meaning of anime is obviously just the Japanese word for animation, because they like to cut things and make them smaller, like super market is just "su-pa". But yes, anime is obviously a style now as well.



Ahh, I apologize for my rashness of quickly reading through the article. But I'd like to point out that anime can be referred to as Japanimation as well.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/japanimation
Or so stated by dictionary.com.

4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/2/08

TimeHollow wrote:


riavan wrote:


TimeHollow wrote:

By the definition of merriam-webster.com, no, it is not an anime.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anime

a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes

And before you make a comment such as, "Not all animes have fantastic/futuristic themes", I'd like to point out that the word "often" is there for a meaning.


And before you get too carried away, it states anime is a style originating in Japan. So yes, Boondocks has this style even if it didn't originate in Japan, therefore it is an anime.

The true meaning of anime is obviously just the Japanese word for animation, because they like to cut things and make them smaller, like super market is just "su-pa". But yes, anime is obviously a style now as well.



Ahh, I apologize for my rashness of quickly reading through the article. But I'd like to point out that anime can be referred to as Japanimation as well.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/japanimation
Or so stated by dictionary.com.



And it still says "a Japanese style."
How are you not getting this?

Posted 10/2/08 , edited 10/2/08

riavan wrote:


TimeHollow wrote:


riavan wrote:


TimeHollow wrote:

By the definition of merriam-webster.com, no, it is not an anime.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anime

a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes

And before you make a comment such as, "Not all animes have fantastic/futuristic themes", I'd like to point out that the word "often" is there for a meaning.


And before you get too carried away, it states anime is a style originating in Japan. So yes, Boondocks has this style even if it didn't originate in Japan, therefore it is an anime.

The true meaning of anime is obviously just the Japanese word for animation, because they like to cut things and make them smaller, like super market is just "su-pa". But yes, anime is obviously a style now as well.



Ahh, I apologize for my rashness of quickly reading through the article. But I'd like to point out that anime can be referred to as Japanimation as well.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/japanimation
Or so stated by dictionary.com.



And it still says "a Japanese style."
How are you not getting this?



I'm referring to this part:

The true meaning of anime is obviously just the Japanese word for animation

I already introduced the point that I read through the definition without much thought give to it. So, I think a regular person would be able to have the ability to deduce such an easy post, personally speaking.
Never the less, the negative has pointed out a flaw in my case.
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
YEs since Anime in Japan is ANY ANIMATED work
plus the 2nd season is animated by MADHOUSE a Japanese anime studio.

as for the definition of"a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes"
it refers to the style being from Japan(that is is based off of) not the work it self
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/2/08 , edited 10/2/08

Sleepneeded127 wrote:

YEs since Anime in Japan is ANY ANIMATED work
plus the 2nd season is animated by MADHOUSE a Japanese anime studio.

as for the definition of"a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes"
it refers to the style being from Japan(that is is based off of) not the work it self


Yes, it refers to a style originating from Japan. I don't get how people don't understand it.

Posted 10/2/08 , edited 10/2/08

riavan wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:

YEs since Anime in Japan is ANY ANIMATED work
plus the 2nd season is animated by MADHOUSE a Japanese anime studio.

as for the definition of"a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes"
it refers to the style being from Japan(that is is based off of) not the work it self


Yes, it refers to a style originating from Japan. I don't get how people don't understand it.



I'm sorry, but are you referring to me? If so, you seriously need to see my post again. I've actually "got it" from your first reply. My reply was giving out evidence that the so-called "anime meaning" theory in Japan, in other words anime meaning animation, could have not been true, as I already presented a new theory in which that anime could have been referred to as Japanimation.
801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Marine City, MI
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
No the Boondocks is not an anime but it influenced by anime
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/2/08

joseph4616 wrote:

No the Boondocks is not an anime but it influenced by anime


what makes it not anime then

by definition of the word it is
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
in japan all animation is anime
but if what u say is true then all animes from countrys like korea are not animes and should be stopped calling them because they are form countries outside of japan
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
same thing with mangas
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
i've had family members living in japan and plan to live there for a time myself
so learn something about a coulture u devote so much time to loving what comes from it
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
and to stamp out the japanamation argument japanamation is a term origionally coming from outside japan as an incorrect and foolish interpritation of anime from idiots like u time hollow
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
and as for style jesus h christ anime has more styles and types than postions ur mother and i have done
Posted 10/2/08 , edited 10/2/08

jerseyboyjem wrote:

and to stamp out the japanamation argument japanamation is a term origionally coming from outside japan as an incorrect and foolish interpritation of anime from idiots like u time hollow


Can you read? I put "could" for a reason. I can't see how presenting a theory is considered foolish, as theories can be proven wrong.
I'm incredibly ashamed of this "anime section". It has changed way too much since I last visit.

My suggestion for your case is to actually start reading. And no, that was not an argument, that was a pointer.

Also, you can't f*cking triple post.

I can't see how this crowd can't even comprehend the fact that I was merely stating a theory, in which that the term anime can be referred to as japanimation and also that I've admitted my rash nature in which I already stated that I misread, and thus opinionized the wrong thing. I can't see the reason why people cannot even see this! Is this really that hard to comprehend? Or am I mistaken?

My whole post was that...
Opposing side make a statement that Anime means animation in Japan, I presented a theory in which that might not have been the case.
Theory: Anime can be also referred as Japanimation
Support: Animes means the same as Japanimation, or so stated by dictionary.com

In the main reply though, I already admitted that I was wrong, in my first post!
Statement: Boondocks =/= Anime
Proved wrong: I admitted that in my first post.

I don't see why I should prolong my being here, as nobody seems to even see what I'm trying implicate. I don't see anyone using a simple deduction such as this. I shall now rest my case, and thus leave. The auidence may decide who's "right" and who's "wrong" in this endless babble about my posts.
1121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Where ever you whant
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
No its not its a cartoon
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.