First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Is the boondocks an anime?
2669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Right there
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
no its not... but still bloody awesome

417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Eh?
Offline
Posted 10/2/08


Way to scare a noob, hohohoho. XD

Anyway, I don't think it's anime because the idea is that the word really is derived to be "animation from Japan" or Japanimation. If you want more information, try dear ol' Wiki (type in anime) and click on their links below, you'll see XD (don't bother reading the content there just scroll down).

However, the animation of boondocks is certainly anime-influenced, despite it not being anime.
292 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Delano, Californi...
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
animation was mainstream by 1985 and japanimatin was shortened to anime but i do understand what your say and i would understand why you say that. and it's not mainstream in because it's not on public television, it's becomes main stream when it's accepted and imported to our country and makes profit. Thundercats, Samuri Pizza Cats, are just a few examples of anime from japan which were mainstream on television during ur time period of supposed none mainstream
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
saasaa is "dear ol' Wiki" really ur number 1 source of information, if so just wow
lets rely on a site that can be edited by everyone and there 6 year old brother
Posted 10/2/08
don't know
but i think no
1946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
103 / F / Ji Sung's dreams!
Offline
Posted 10/2/08

solarstar101 wrote:

i wouldnt consider it 1

but it is funny as hell thought XD


I agree with the funny as hell part, but i think is still and anime.
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/2/08

lilweewee wrote:

animation was mainstream by 1985 and japanimatin was shortened to anime but i do understand what your say and i would understand why you say that. and it's not mainstream in because it's not on public television, it's becomes main stream when it's accepted and imported to our country and makes profit. Thundercats, Samuri Pizza Cats, are just a few examples of anime from japan which
were mainstream on television during ur time period of supposed none mainstream


1 Thundercats was made in the US. with contracted out animation (it could be considered anime like say the boondocks can be)
2 anime was far from mainstream in 85. it was still an underground movement. and not very profitable then ether. and it becomes mainstream when the majority of people know about it.

and japanimation and anine are not the same.
in Japan all animated works are called anime.
the term japanimation was 1st used form works form japan by outsiders but now it the other way around and more used by the Japanese for Japanese works
1946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
103 / F / Ji Sung's dreams!
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
people lets no argue, just say yes or no. that anime is funny as hell though!!!!!! Riley......ah to be young. lmfao (sigh)
292 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Delano, Californi...
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
thus is why america called it japanimation then turned into anime or even Japanese animation. and Thundercats was made by Pacific American Corespondents but was a Japaneses company.

off note it's good to talk to someone knowledgeable on here ^_^
417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Eh?
Offline
Posted 10/2/08 , edited 10/2/08

jerseyboyjem wrote:

saasaa is "dear ol' Wiki" really ur number 1 source of information, if so just wow
lets rely on a site that can be edited by everyone and there 6 year old brother


Who says that's my source of information, dear jerseyboyjem?

I believe it's a hole of discovery. I say never read the content but click on the links that may happen to end in .org or .edu if you want your real shit :)

Please look over my post carefully again.

371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Billings, MT
Offline
Posted 10/2/08 , edited 10/2/08
Acually, anime is a japanese term, boondocks is american made so it would be considered animation. you can say it "has the same style" and whatever but it's still american made
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/2/08 , edited 10/2/08

lilweewee wrote:

thus is why america called it japanimation then turned into anime or even Japanese animation. and Thundercats was made by Pacific American Corespondents but was a Japaneses company.

off note it's good to talk to someone knowledgeable on here ^_^


the animation was down by Japanese company but the production was Rankin/Bass an American
it was called japanimation in the US but that not the root of Anime.
the term Anime comes from the short form of the American word Animation before it was even know to the US.

and yes it nice to talk to some one who knows what they are saying
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
i think it may be safe to assume at this point that over there they may regard it as anime
whilst over on this side of the big blue wet thing many consider it just another cartoon
but in japan they don't have cartoons because that is an english word and one with no derivatives in japanese
so they call animation anime
so it is what it is a kick as show made solely for entertainment, call it what u will but the show is doing its job and gaining viewers, and keeping up its ratings while staying funny as hell and pretty fresh too
60 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 10/2/08
boondocks is an american cartoon, although it is influenced by some animes cowboy bebop and others. Its animations are good, but arent really "anime" style.
2671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 10/2/08

riavan wrote:


TimeHollow wrote:

By the definition of merriam-webster.com, no, it is not an anime.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anime

a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes

And before you make a comment such as, "Not all animes have fantastic/futuristic themes", I'd like to point out that the word "often" is there for a meaning.


And before you get too carried away, it states anime is a style originating in Japan. So yes, Boondocks has this style even if it didn't originate in Japan, therefore it is an anime.

The true meaning of anime is obviously just the Japanese word for animation, because they like to cut things and make them smaller, like super market is just "su-pa". But yes, anime is obviously a style now as well.

You can cover your ears and scream "no no no no no" all you want, but it's still an anime, that's a fact, even if you don't consider it/want it to be true.



^ This ^

People saying its an American Animation but look at the first 5 letters in animation =\ anima just take the a and add the e and BAM Anime
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.