Different voice actors for anime and CD
1501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
home
Offline
Posted 10/3/08 , edited 10/3/08
So why do they have different voice actors specifically for anime and CD?
Do they make any difference?
2449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / 支仓
Offline
Posted 10/3/08
CD is different because it's like a prototype before final adjustments.
1501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
home
Offline
Posted 10/3/08

Skeithcruor wrote:

CD is different because it's like a prototype before final adjustments.


How does that relate to the voice actors? I've never seen anime that uses the same seiyuu for both anime and CD..

Oh~ CD is a prototype?? O.O I never knew..I thought it's the final thing.

15367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Philadelphia, Pa
Offline
Posted 10/3/08 , edited 10/3/08
I'm pretty sure CD comes after the anime is aired on TV, so it's the final version. I don't think they change voice actors though. Unless it's in a different language.
Edit: Unless you're talking about drama cds, then yes.
1501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
home
Offline
Posted 10/3/08

BetaKiller wrote:

I'm pretty sure CD comes after the anime is aired on TV, so it's the final version. I don't think they change voice actors though. Unless it's in a different language.


They do..
except Code Geass..they sticked to Jun Fukuyama.
But most anime I've seen changes the seiyuu for CD and anime.

2449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / 支仓
Offline
Posted 10/3/08

uzuke wrote:


Skeithcruor wrote:

CD is different because it's like a prototype before final adjustments.


How does that relate to the voice actors? I've never seen anime that uses the same seiyuu for both anime and CD..

Oh~ CD is a prototype?? O.O I never knew..I thought it's the final thing.



No, the CD and the Anime don't always have the same voice actors it's just to show 'Does this voice actor fit this character?'

13688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/3/08
I've heard a few animes where they didn't change the voice actors from the transition of the CD, but true enough, it is few. It sometimes bothers me when I get so used to having a certain voice actor and then when they make the anime it changes, but for the most part it doesn't happen often, since I don't own as many CDs as I'd like to (the shipping cost is so much!), but sometimes I just get the torent off the internet X)
11733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/30/09
~ Outdated thread.
34529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / Undisclosed Location
Offline
Posted 7/30/09
Outdated thread,

Locked.
You must be logged in to post.