First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply What's Coming Out Like?
Member
557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Honolulu, HI
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
i came out for the first time with my gay best friend. I told him I was bi. And all he said was "ok" and we had dinner and everything was normal our entire relationship. I came out to my mom accidentally..I was jokingly saying that I wanted to find a beautiful wife and I'd be happy haha..and she was like..UH OH..because the religion she follows damns all homosexuals..but she never got mad at me..she just still jokes around with it..calling me "lesbian lesbian" hehe.. but I'm still attracted to guys.. but I find myself more with women. By Dad has no problem with it..he isn't embarrased of me..and if someone asks..he tells them straight up. So I guess my coming out was easy. And I moved on from telling every single one of my friends, and they all treat me just fine. I'm very fortunate.
Member
357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
I came out at the start of sixth form and im so much happier now i have (wasnt coming out in secondary, fear for life im sad to say). My friends were all really nice about it and some of them a bit shocked. Of course it was a really bad feeling when it came to actuly saying it, but once it's out i felt so much better. One of them gave me a chocolate bar because i was so brave, i think thats reason enough!!!

Now all thats important is trying to get the word 'gay' not to mean a bad thing (some of my friends still slip up but then i get to act all sly for a while ) I still haven't got around to telling one of my really close friends that i love him, but thats a different matter...

Coming out to my parents wasnt so fun... they were fine with it but still it was strange actuly coming out and saying it. Worse thing is my mums always like: "so is he your boyfriend?", its embarassing stuff
Only annoying thing is continuly telling people your gay, too many times you people with the 'oh' expression and people thinking you go out with a girl because your good friends with them Just cos i like my hugs!

Anyways i hope this all helps
Posted 1/21/08

Karok


I still haven't got around to telling one of my really close friends that i love him, but thats a different matter...

I can relate...trust me. It's hard, and I'm still trying to get used to being around him while he's with his girlfriend. I've told him already how I felt about him, and he was completely fine with it. So are you ever going to bring it up with him?
Member
357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/22/08

Mortales wrote:


Karok


I still haven't got around to telling one of my really close friends that i love him, but thats a different matter...

I can relate...trust me. It's hard, and I'm still trying to get used to being around him while he's with his girlfriend. I've told him already how I felt about him, and he was completely fine with it. So are you ever going to bring it up with him?


Hmm im not sure when im going to tell him, all i know is i will tell him... Everytime i think i might tell him he gets a new girlfriend, not that he does a lot with them (kissing is about as far as its gone)... damn him and his straightness . The main reason i havent told him is i really dont want to lose him as a friend or weaken our friendship, but on the other hand it could pay off big time
Posted 1/22/08

Karok
Hmm im not sure when im going to tell him, all i know is i will tell him... Everytime i think i might tell him he gets a new girlfriend, not that he does a lot with them (kissing is about as far as its gone)... damn him and his straightness . The main reason i havent told him is i really dont want to lose him as a friend or weaken our friendship, but on the other hand it could pay off big time


Yes, well, Gerrick, the guy whom I am "liking strongly" has lost his virginity with his girlfriend. It's hard for me....
And I completely know where you're coming from.
Maybe he is "secretly" curious, and wants to experience other things....just be patient...it might happen....
Posted 2/8/08
I have a problem..

I have known ever since I was like, 8 years old that I was gay.
But I haven't really talked to anyone about it. It feels really hard and I know I'm young but I need to talk to someone?
I think my mum would be okay with it, my dad I don't know.. And my friends, well lets just say that I don't know anyone who has come out before and I don't wanna be the first among my friends to come out cause then it would be like, "ohh you mean that lesbian friend of yours?".. or so I think..
Well please talk to me
Posted 2/8/08
I am not gay, but where i live there are lot of bi and gay people, especially in my group of friends. I don't care if someones gay. I treat them as equal as i would treat all my other friends. I must say i like the bi guys more then the normal ones sometimes because they have that just like charm to them. well Let's just say i'll take a bullet for my friends!!!! :P
Posted 2/9/08 , edited 2/2/09
....


Member
357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/9/08

Merliz wrote:

I have a problem..

I have known ever since I was like, 8 years old that I was gay.
But I haven't really talked to anyone about it. It feels really hard and I know I'm young but I need to talk to someone?
I think my mum would be okay with it, my dad I don't know.. And my friends, well lets just say that I don't know anyone who has come out before and I don't wanna be the first among my friends to come out cause then it would be like, "ohh you mean that lesbian friend of yours?".. or so I think..
Well please talk to me


Wow you knew pretty early on... about 4 years on me
Well its really up to how you feel about coming out. Your true friends really won't care at all, they should all see it took you a lot of courage to tell them. I'd be surprised if you are know as "that lesbian", i don't think i've been once refered to as "the gay guy". People tend to see you for who you are, well people i know do at least...
oming out to your parents is difficult (sorry to put you off), but both of mine were really supportive so i can't give you a worst case scenario thing :S
Member
16241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/10/08
My story of coming out was actually pretty stupid -__-; (i'm not completely out yet)

All of my close friends know i'm lesbian though ._. My crush was the first person ever to know (she's my bestfriend at the same time)

I was calling her that night, it was late, we talked for almost two hours (now, isn't that typical of girls?) Then for some odd reason, it hit me, I realized that i was gay, right there...then I asked her about it...then i asked her "What if...what if i'm lesbian? or what if i'm bisexual?" she replied "......" Lol...then I keep on blabbing...then I moved the phone away from my ears, hid under the table..and said to her "sandy...I think i'm in love with you.."

After that, like two mins...i talked to her again...and then apparently she told me "oh, lol, I knew that before you even told me..." -__-; and then that was it, nothing changed...lol....other than I try to hug her a lot more often, and i get rejected a lot more often (hell, she rejects me every time) and then get "slapped, kicked, stabbed, pinched, pushed, bite, punch" after the attempted hug...

and as for the rest of my friends, i told them early this year, back in sept....I was at church, and I was so happy because I got over the crush on my bestfriend, because I fell in love with a "girl" online (irony) and then I told them about it (I can't/couldn't help it) and I kept blabbing until one of the friends at church asked me for her name...o_o; and then I was pushed in to a corner and I told them..."The person I like isn't even a guy..."

*laughs* and that was the whole drama...o_o; i was pushed in to a corner of a CHURCH, and i told them...>_< it was only four friends, and three of them was a close friend. Lol...yeah, that was all..*coughs*

now, all/most of my friends know i'm gay, and nothing have changed, they still threat me the same way, and when ever i tease/hug them, i get rejected and/or slapped *cries* I get use to it though *lol* (btw, i was 13 back then....now i'm 14, only been like four months though lol)

as for my parents, I didn't come out to them yet, but I asked them if i was gay what will they do, my mom told me she would kill her self right in front of me if I was ever to marry a girl...*cough* and I'm lesbian, not bisexual, so the odds of marrying a guy is very very low...right now, as for my future, i'm planing to move out when ever I get the chance, and when i do want to get married...I'll face the problem then...-__-; probably secretly getting married without my parents knowing =P or i'll tell them, and then tell them my whole life story to why i'm gay as well...(oh, the drama, i can't wait)
Creator
70633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/10/08
OMG Omok! You're like the scariest lesbian I know (guys hide your penises...somehow) Although militant lesbians will come in handy in the future... I believe the phrase is "shock troops" (and your pretty shocking) lol

I'm sill amazed how young all of you were... brave little campers I must just be dense. However if this code works that officially makes me the gayest one here. ...the code didn't work... you'd at least think that they'd insert normal bbcode.


Omok wrote:

*laughs* and that was the whole drama...o_o; i was pushed in to a corner of a CHURCH, and i told them...>_< it was only four friends, and three of them was a close friend. Lol...yeah, that was all..*coughs*


In a Church? And you weren't struck down? Must make a note of that... :P

Omok wrote:
now, all/most of my friends know i'm gay, and nothing have changed, they still threat me the same way, and when ever i tease/hug them, i get rejected and/or slapped *cries* I get use to it though *lol* (btw, i was 13 back then....now i'm 14, only been like four months though lol)


Your profile says 17...


Just a note to everyone: I'm not planning some sort of queer coup... I'm just trying to be funny.
Member
16241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/10/08

Tyrfing wrote:

OMG Omok! You're like the scariest lesbian I know (guys hide your penises...somehow) Although militant lesbians will come in handy in the future... I believe the phrase is "shock troops" (and your pretty shocking) lol

I'm sill amazed how young all of you were... brave little campers I must just be dense. However if this code works that officially makes me the gayest one here. ...the code didn't work... you'd at least think that they'd insert normal bbcode.


Omok wrote:

*laughs* and that was the whole drama...o_o; i was pushed in to a corner of a CHURCH, and i told them...>_< it was only four friends, and three of them was a close friend. Lol...yeah, that was all..*coughs*


In a Church? And you weren't struck down? Must make a note of that... :P

Omok wrote:
now, all/most of my friends know i'm gay, and nothing have changed, they still threat me the same way, and when ever i tease/hug them, i get rejected and/or slapped *cries* I get use to it though *lol* (btw, i was 13 back then....now i'm 14, only been like four months though lol)


Your profile says 17...


Just a note to everyone: I'm not planning some sort of queer coup... I'm just trying to be funny.


Lol..my profile DOESN'T say i'm 17! =O READ my profile, like the 2nd paragraph, it say i'm 14 *giggles*

I have a good reason to say i'm 17 too, because people would think i'm too young for debates and what not *points to the homosexual arguments that i had* people would respect me less, for being younger. xD

and, i like 1990 better than 1993...so if anyone took their time to READ my profile, they would know i'm only 14 =P

and how am i shocking?!?! *cries* I'm just...Omok...*shrugs* how am i shocking?!?! i really don't see that! *pokes* meanie.
Creator
70633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/10/08
Ok not "profile" the ... whatever it is you filled in to get you a/s/l under your name.

*poked* full formed Misandry? From a fourteen year old?

I was shocked.
Posted 2/11/08
it hard to come out becuz only my older sis knows but she thinks it a just phase and my sister in law knows and my lil sis knows and my friends but my 2 older bros will freak out and my parents will freak out too so i havent told them yet
Posted 2/21/08
It was the scaryes't thing i have ever done!
My dad got all psyko and he pointed a gun in my face! O_O
My mother, she cryed for days, But later told me that she love me no mater what! ^^
But, I had to go back in the closet for my dad. Cause he hated me so much.
What my dad don't know, Dosen't hurt him.

But every one else know's that im lesbian. I think hole Norway know's haha
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.