First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
why is it that most anime based on school life??
680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/6/08

MizPerfect0011 wrote:



One without a school would be prefered if you think school is that boring
but to be fair some animes only work if the story is in a school


I look animes which are related to everything .. school animes aren t all the same, but some of them are just duplicants of other school animes just with other characters and names ...

1840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 10/6/08

Myuri wrote:


MizPerfect0011 wrote:



One without a school would be prefered if you think school is that boring
but to be fair some animes only work if the story is in a school


I look animes which are related to everything .. school animes aren t all the same, but some of them are just duplicants of other school animes just with other characters and names ...



Yeah thats true

2623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Brampton, Ontario
Offline
Posted 10/6/08
i dunno lol >.>....probably cuz education is important and that young ppl should stay in school rofl =]
108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/6/08
anime = japanese cartoon...basically
so if it was like...more in the adult, it wouldnt be really be anime ( hentai? lmfao?)
then theres another where its just fantasy :] like...tsubasa chronicles(the only one i can think of at the moment xD).
and yes, since teenagers mostly watch anime, we can somewhat understand more of whats going on since were in school ourselves o_o
11164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / hmmmm that is for...
Offline
Posted 10/6/08
because if they based it on like jobs it would be kinda boring
40 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 10/6/08
school going kids = main target audience
4170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / somewhere ur eyes...
Offline
Posted 10/6/08

Higeru wrote:


yamada_ryosuke93 wrote:

for me, it's probably because mostly teenagers read or watch manga/anime. It's mostly their fantasies/dreams to recreate their boring school lives.


I agree with you


u guys read my mind
Posted 10/6/08
Is it because the main target fors the school-life-based animes are school children? I think it makes sense...
40 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 10/6/08
i never had a boring school life
1822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Orange Planet
Offline
Posted 10/6/08

eesyam wrote:

for examples School Days, Code Geass & others....

i was juz wondering,why??...can any1 give me an answer.....

even if it wasn't totally school life,why is it that in ANY anime there'll be at least 1 or 2 characters that is still in their adolescence......

**tell me if this is a duplicate~~~


Because It is easy for the author to write the setting of the school.

For instance,
there are various events such as entrance, graduation, a physical education
festival, a cultural festival, Christmas, Valentine day, club, the travel, Transfer student,
and summer vacation.
And, characters can meet mutually every day.
7215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/6/08
School life is only boring if you let be boring. You got to do what you can to make it fun. But as I said earlier, a good majority of Anime deals with school because the main characters are school students. And yes, I do agree that a good majority of those who watch Animes are school student.
2671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 10/6/08 , edited 10/6/08
huh... i tot most anime ideas were from visual novels games instead or other games. out of 10 only around 2-3 is pure idea one i guess. But if they were based on school life, maybe they want us to noe that school life can be fun too
38880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / Far
Offline
Posted 10/6/08
japanese schools are much harsher than schools in US, especially in High school, all there is is study, I guess anime with happy school theme serves as a visualized wish, which gives them more viewers
7215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/6/08

renevatia wrote:

japanese schools are much harsher than schools in US, especially in High school, all there is is study, I guess anime with happy school theme serves as a visualized wish, which gives them more viewers :o


It's more than just High School. They have to take exams after their fifth year of primary school to find which Junior school they would go and than they would have to take it 2 more times to figure out which High School and which College to go to. Education in Japan is very important to them.
38880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / Far
Offline
Posted 10/6/08

ktv1990 wrote:


renevatia wrote:

japanese schools are much harsher than schools in US, especially in High school, all there is is study, I guess anime with happy school theme serves as a visualized wish, which gives them more viewers :o


It's more than just High School. They have to take exams after their fifth year of primary school to find which Junior school they would go and than they would have to take it 2 more times to figure out which High School and which College to go to. Education in Japan is very important to them.


ya..but the one at elementary lvl isnt that bad, the one at jr high lvl is a bit of hell
and the one at highschool ->college makes hell looks like a playground ..its the same in taiwan(where i am familiar with)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.