First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Gundam 00 Episode 1 Impressions
8277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Las Islas Filipinas
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

blackordus wrote:



Another thing, does anyone seem to notice that there is some similarity with Gundam Z? Like those A-Laws lol


Titans?

I'm getting Cyber-Newtype vibes from Louise, for some reason.
1384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

valnavatthe1st wrote:


blackordus wrote:



Another thing, does anyone seem to notice that there is some similarity with Gundam Z? Like those A-Laws lol


Titans?

I'm getting Cyber-Newtype vibes from Louise, for some reason.


Yeah, they do resemble Titans and lol yeah Louise = Four

Now the only thing missing is the anti-government resistance to be named *cough*AEUG*cough*
Member
762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Virtual World
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

UofO wrote:

who was the guy at the end sitting on the chair and that girl who came to talk to Libbons...I thought she was Marina Ishmail but then they showed her in the scene right after.


Klaus? Idk really
About that girl, I think it's Wang Liu Mei maybe..

I want Saji to be pilot though
Member
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/7/08 , edited 10/7/08

blackordus wrote:


valnavatthe1st wrote:


blackordus wrote:



Another thing, does anyone seem to notice that there is some similarity with Gundam Z? Like those A-Laws lol


Titans?

I'm getting Cyber-Newtype vibes from Louise, for some reason.


Yeah, they do resemble Titans and lol yeah Louise = Four

Now the only thing missing is the anti-government resistance to be named *cough*AEUG*cough*


they have on its called Kantaron (or Cantaron depending on the Sub)
1384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

Sleepneeded127 wrote:


blackordus wrote:


valnavatthe1st wrote:


blackordus wrote:



Another thing, does anyone seem to notice that there is some similarity with Gundam Z? Like those A-Laws lol


Titans?

I'm getting Cyber-Newtype vibes from Louise, for some reason.


Yeah, they do resemble Titans and lol yeah Louise = Four

Now the only thing missing is the anti-government resistance to be named *cough*AEUG*cough*


they have on its called Kantaron (or Cantaron depending on the Sub)


Oh yeah, that was mentioned too around the quarter of the show, my bad. Still... AEUG anyone?

2634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/7/08 , edited 10/7/08
"Gundam that can destroy a Gundam" Ownageness.

Saji and Louise will probably meet on the battlefield and they'll both get all emo and confused. Thats generally what happens.

I miss the kill first and ask questions later motif in the Gundam Series ._.
284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 10/7/08
the first episode was pretty cool - well paced and interesting throughout. it looks quite hopeful but there are a few things that look rather predictable like a terrible event between Saji and Louis? That to me looks like its on the road towards a zeta/char's counter attack tragedy - im thinking of a mix between tragedy of four murasame and quess paraya? who knows...

but anyways, i still thought it was good and the highlights for me were:

1. Setsuna comes out of nowhere with zombie Exia and kicks butt
2. Seravee destroys like 4 aheads effortlessly
3. Louis is with a bad crowd.......
4. Alleluja/Halleluja looks insanely badass in the 1 second that you even get to see him
5. Sergei?.......a daddy?
6. Sumeragi....well......that was expected

this still felt a little too much Gundam wing-ish though.....there are definitely parallels between Setsuna and Heero...but i like the pacing so far, i give it a 9/10.....

for now
Member
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

hybridalter wrote:

2. Seravee destroys like 4 aheads effortlessly


the Seravee only took out 1 GN-XIII with the Beam Saber and there was only 1 Ahead in the fight that left with the 2nd GN-XIII
284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

Sleepneeded127 wrote:


hybridalter wrote:

2. Seravee destroys like 4 aheads effortlessly


the Seravee only took out 1 GN-XIII with the Beam Saber and there was only 1 Ahead in the fight that left with the 2nd GN-XIII


lol dramatization there.....

but still doesnt change the fact that Seravee is glorious beast
Member
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

hybridalter wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:


hybridalter wrote:

2. Seravee destroys like 4 aheads effortlessly


the Seravee only took out 1 GN-XIII with the Beam Saber and there was only 1 Ahead in the fight that left with the 2nd GN-XIII


lol dramatization there.....

but still doesnt change the fact that Seravee is glorious beast


that it does i really want to know more about the face on the back

284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

Sleepneeded127 wrote:


hybridalter wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:


hybridalter wrote:

2. Seravee destroys like 4 aheads effortlessly


the Seravee only took out 1 GN-XIII with the Beam Saber and there was only 1 Ahead in the fight that left with the 2nd GN-XIII


lol dramatization there.....

but still doesnt change the fact that Seravee is glorious beast


that it does i really want to know more about the face on the back



so far it looks like the cliche giant back pack where the solar furnace probably is, and another camera since that pilot in the Ahead was surprised and mentioned it could see in the back.................and pulling the beam sword from "under the sleeve" was a pretty badass move too
Member
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

hybridalter wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:


hybridalter wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:


hybridalter wrote:

2. Seravee destroys like 4 aheads effortlessly


the Seravee only took out 1 GN-XIII with the Beam Saber and there was only 1 Ahead in the fight that left with the 2nd GN-XIII


lol dramatization there.....

but still doesnt change the fact that Seravee is glorious beast


that it does i really want to know more about the face on the back



so far it looks like the cliche giant back pack where the solar furnace probably is, and another camera since that pilot in the Ahead was surprised and mentioned it could see in the back.................and pulling the beam sword from "under the sleeve" was a pretty badass move too


but if u look when Seravee boosted the GN field the face opens more and lights up around the mouth
284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

Sleepneeded127 wrote:


hybridalter wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:


hybridalter wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:


hybridalter wrote:

2. Seravee destroys like 4 aheads effortlessly


the Seravee only took out 1 GN-XIII with the Beam Saber and there was only 1 Ahead in the fight that left with the 2nd GN-XIII


lol dramatization there.....

but still doesnt change the fact that Seravee is glorious beast


that it does i really want to know more about the face on the back



so far it looks like the cliche giant back pack where the solar furnace probably is, and another camera since that pilot in the Ahead was surprised and mentioned it could see in the back.................and pulling the beam sword from "under the sleeve" was a pretty badass move too


but if u look when Seravee boosted the GN field the face opens more and lights up around the mouth


yeah....that was cool, so it looks like after he turned the GN field on, the cheek-like vents on the back face was pouring out more GN particles, but yeah - interested to see what the true purpose of having another "face" on the back is, cant wait for next episode
Member
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 10/7/08 , edited 10/7/08

valnavatthe1st wrote:


blackordus wrote:



Another thing, does anyone seem to notice that there is some similarity with Gundam Z? Like those A-Laws lol


Titans?

I'm getting Cyber-Newtype vibes from Louise, for some reason.


my god !!

Now that I think about it, those A-laws do remind of those stupid Titans

I just hope Louise doesnt end up like another Four wannabe failure *cough* stella *cough* and Saji does indeed become a pilot... I hope he doesnt become a gundam pilot or it'll ruin the series for me ...
8277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Las Islas Filipinas
Offline
Posted 10/8/08

andydono wrote:

my god !!

Now that I think about it, those A-laws do remind of those stupid Titans

I just hope Louise doesnt end up like another Four wannabe failure *cough* stella *cough* and Saji does indeed become a pilot... I hope he doesnt become a gundam pilot or it'll ruin the series for me ...


Lol, 'A-Laws'. (Isn't it s'posed to be 'Arrows'?)

Hey, you gotta admit, no matter how douche-y and asshole-ish the Titans may be, they got some of the most likeable MSes, and they've got some cool color schemes, too. [/titansfanboy]

Saji is already being a sucky kid. There has to be some way to make him better.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.