First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Opening song - does it affect.....?
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 4/13/07
Usually, the songs are just placed there for commercial reasons of promoting the artist. They don't necessarily have to have anything to do with the anime. These type of opening songs, I don't really like (but sometimes, they are good tracks. :D). For those songs that are somewhat related to the series, they're pretty good too.
4194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 4/14/07
one piece 2nd opening was really good
12190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 4/14/07
op openings were gd, esp brand new world, believe n kokoro smth
gs n gsd openings were gd s well : ignited, pride, realise
e endings were gr8 too
FTO
4181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / 大阪、日本
Offline
Posted 4/14/07
Letss see, i overall like rock and rap so here are my favorites

Tenjo Tenge - nice rap for anime i must say
Air Gear - Loved OP
D. Gray-Man - Innocent Sorrow is very nice
Pumpkin Scissor - OP with some german, very nice haha
Posted 4/15/07

edsamac wrote:

Usually, the songs are just placed there for commercial reasons of promoting the artist. They don't necessarily have to have anything to do with the anime. These type of opening songs, I don't really like (but sometimes, they are good tracks. :D). For those songs that are somewhat related to the series, they're pretty good too. :)



Eeeh, no the opening songs isnt there for commercial reasons.
They are there to make the watcher comfterable watching and the opening song reflects the animes contents.


18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 4/15/07

plutie wrote:
Eeeh, no the opening songs isnt there for commercial reasons.


Yes they are. They're used to promote an artist's single/album.
Posted 4/15/07

lokita wrote:


plutie wrote:
Eeeh, no the opening songs isnt there for commercial reasons.


Yes they are. They're used to promote an artist's single/album.



Like w00t many animes got their own songs dgv , any examples?

3928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Jersey
Offline
Posted 4/15/07

hunterxkira wrote:

op openings were gd, esp brand new world, believe n kokoro smth
gs n gsd openings were gd s well : ignited, pride, realise
e endings were gr8 too


I'm sorry but I can't understand a word you're saying. Are you talking about Gundam Seed and Destiny?

A lot of artists become known through anime openings. That's how they get a lot of their big breaks so they are in there for commercial reasons, but I'd like to think that they are carefully chosen to go with the mood of the series.
Posted 4/15/07

jamehze wrote:
but I'd like to think that they are carefully chosen to go with the mood of the series.


I hope they do

18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 4/15/07

plutie wrote:

Like w00t many animes got their own songs dgv , any examples?



I don't know what the hell you're asking. Are you asking for examples of OPs that actually are about the anime (which is the case for a ton of older shows)? Or are you asking for examples of songs used just for the promotion of the artist?
1589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia,USA
Offline
Posted 4/15/07
To me, the song opening song itself doesn't have any effect on what I think of an anime. I think the OP song should have some sort of mood that just flows for the OP of an anime and the ED song should too. If the song is really bad, I might just skip over it and watch the anime itself.

Example of what I consider to be a bad OP song:

What's Up People-Maximum The Hormone (Death Note OP) This song totally sucked to me but DN is one of the best animes I've ever seen so it really doesn't matter.
107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / My house
Offline
Posted 4/15/07
Wsdklfjsld! Not that many people like the 2nd opening of Death Note.

I like it because it's different and it's the only anime series I've seen with a more crazy/grindcore-ish/dark feel in the song.
I think it goes well with the series because it was totally unexpected.

But maybe I just like it because I'm a Maximum the Hormone fan.
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 4/15/07

SamuraiGirl2003 wrote:
Example of what I consider to be a bad OP song:

What's Up People-Maximum The Hormone (Death Note OP)


A lot of people will agree with you on that.
1909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/15/07
Every single song in The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi is PERFECT
The opening for Kamisama Kazoku is pretty good too.
Oh, and Cardcaptor Sakura openings!
and... and... One Piece opening songs are awesome
39308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / canada
Offline
Posted 4/15/07
sore ga ai deshou spiral's opening n lots

hmm the opening 4 soul link is nice but the anime is crap
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.