First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Why do you believe in God?
2957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / england
Offline
Posted 10/8/08

shiro2142 wrote:


alrissa wrote:

I can't really say that I believe. I'm agnostic and on the brink of being an Atheist.


Being an atheist is the same as being an adherent to a religion. The difference is that one has to be more arrogant to state that his material being and his /her grasp of science is the end all be all of existence.

Ladies and gentlemen, all among you is capable of being a spiritual being and a scientist at the same time. I am not talking about sceintology. I.e. my cousin in law is a senor biologist at Dupont as well as a youth organizer in a mainstream protestant Church. He is substanitally more educated than many self-proclaimed atheists ever will be.



I'm not a scientologist nor do I strongly believe it. What I said was that I'm on the brink of being an Atheist, meaning someone who doesn't believe in God. And you don't have to believe scientology to be an Atheist, right?
142
8794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/8/08

Cuddlebuns wrote:
stuff


Well, if you changed the question. What do you want to believe in? Wouldn't you want your heaven after death since you have been a good person and lived such a wonderful life?
142
8794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/8/08 , edited 10/8/08

alrissa wrote:


I'm not a scientologist nor do I strongly believe it. What I said was that I'm on the brink of being an Atheist, meaning someone who doesn't believe in God. And you don't have to believe scientology to be an Atheist, right?


They don't believe in no god, they just want to rip you off of your money by cleansing your "thetan" (greedy bastards ).
2957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / england
Offline
Posted 10/8/08 , edited 10/8/08

142 wrote:


alrissa wrote:


I'm not a scientologist nor do I strongly believe it. What I said was that I'm on the brink of being an Atheist, meaning someone who doesn't believe in God. And you don't have to believe scientology to be an Atheist, right?


They don't believe in no god, they just want to rip you off of your money by cleansing your "thetan" (greedy bastards ).


Ha! That's why I don't believe in anything about spirits and God, well, nearly, but on the other hand, religious groups can also be greedy by asking you for donations, and in exchange, they'll do something good for your soul.
142
8794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/8/08 , edited 10/8/08

alrissa wrote:


142 wrote:


alrissa wrote:


I'm not a scientologist nor do I strongly believe it. What I said was that I'm on the brink of being an Atheist, meaning someone who doesn't believe in God. And you don't have to believe scientology to be an Atheist, right?


They don't believe in no god, they just want to rip you off of your money by cleansing your "thetan" (greedy bastards ).


Ha! That's why I don't believe in anything about spirits and God, well, nearly, but on the other hand, religious groups can also be greedy by asking you for donations, and in exchange, they'll do something good for your soul.


Don't base you generalisations of religions on this crazy sect - these guys don't even have beliefs with morals. Donations? Like who?
2957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / england
Offline
Posted 10/8/08

142 wrote:


alrissa wrote:


142 wrote:


alrissa wrote:


I'm not a scientologist nor do I strongly believe it. What I said was that I'm on the brink of being an Atheist, meaning someone who doesn't believe in God. And you don't have to believe scientology to be an Atheist, right?


They don't believe in no god, they just want to rip you off of your money by cleansing your "thetan" (greedy bastards ).


Ha! That's why I don't believe in anything about spirits and God, well, nearly, but on the other hand, religious groups can also be greedy by asking you for donations, and in exchange, they'll do something good for your soul.


Don't base you generalisations of religions on this crazy sect - these guys don't even have beliefs with morals. Donations? Like who?


I do believe that the Roman Catholic church asks for donations.
142
8794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/8/08 , edited 10/8/08

alrissa wrote:



I do believe that the Roman Catholic church asks for donations.


Yeah, those catholics : "The pope's gods apostle, so they must respect his ass" Well, what I'm saying is that it's the morals of the story you should listen to, not specifically to take the events themselves as truth.
2957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / england
Offline
Posted 10/8/08

142 wrote:


alrissa wrote:



I do believe that the Roman Catholic church asks for donations.


Yeah, those catholics : "The pope's gods apostle, so they must respect his ass" Well, what I'm saying is that it's the morals of the story you should listen to, not specifically to take the events themselves as truth.


I agree, I do listen to the morals of the story, but I can't help to wonder if I should really listen to some of them.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 10/8/08

142 wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:
stuff


Well, if you changed the question. What do you want to believe in? Wouldn't you want your heaven after death since you have been a good person and lived such a wonderful life?


No, I'd rather believe that the unicorn society knows the secret to immortality, and if I find them I can live happily forever. But of course if I believe that I'm just crazy, yet believing in some big invisible guy who came from nowhere and created everything that exists makes perfect sense to a lot of people for some reason.
142
8794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/8/08

Cuddlebuns wrote:

Stuff


Whateaver, but you're telling me that you don't want a paradise in your afterlife?
142
8794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/8/08

Cuddlebuns wrote:

Stuff


Whateaver, but you're telling me that you don't want a paradise in your afterlife?
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 10/8/08

142 wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:

Stuff


Whateaver, but you're telling me that you don't want a paradise in your afterlife?


Actually, if I believed in an afterlife, I'd like to believe that I don't need to be threatened with eternal punishment/reward to be a good person, like I'm some little kid.
142
8794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/8/08

Cuddlebuns wrote:


Actually, if I believed in an afterlife, I'd like to believe that I don't need to be threatened with eternal punishment/reward to be a good person, like I'm some little kid.


But do you think people would listen otherwise?
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 10/8/08

142 wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


Actually, if I believed in an afterlife, I'd like to believe that I don't need to be threatened with eternal punishment/reward to be a good person, like I'm some little kid.


But do you think people would listen otherwise?


Of course most people wouldn't, that's why I believe religion is a necessary evil.
729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / earth---west coast
Offline
Posted 10/8/08

Cuddlebuns wrote:


garbo8426 wrote:

dude........your being too extreme........
ex. i dont violence, but i do believe in punishment....
dude.......you gotta open your eyes just a little wider.........

i believe in science that can be proved, and god to stand for the inexplainable........

god is out there, you've just never seen him.....do be so narrow minded.........


P.S...dont hate me.



I have no idea what you're talking about, or if it even has anything to do with what I posted, but how did you get the idea that I was close minded? Usually when someone asks a question, they do it so they can learn something, which is quite the opposite of close-minded.

Also, why should I believe in something that I've never seen/heard/felt/whatever? If I'm going to do that, then I might as well believe in any crazy crap that I can think of. I can believe that all matter is composed of really small garden gnomes, that there is a secret society of unicorns somewhere on the planet that contains all of the truths in the universe, that Tupac and Elvis never really died, they just drilled a hole to the center of the Earth and they've been spending every day there partying with Hitler and Socrates and the black Michael Jackson. Is that open-minded enough for you?


haha.......you're funny.......but still close mind and too extreme..............
and i did point out what i was saying was an example......
asking questions doesn't make open minded either..........
from what i can tell, you are just getting a confirmation of what you think is right.........(just a guess)
but dude, you are funny about being extreme..........


P.S. you cant get me angry, but you do seem pissed off.....have some tea and chill..........hehe
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.