New Concepts And IDeas on MMORPG
4018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Over there ------->
Offline
Posted 10/12/08
Thread for giving ingenius original ideas that can be added on to MMORPGs

my ideas

-Visual Novel Type Chatting
Lets say you want i one on one chat with a character in a field, u simply right click the character and choose
1 0n 1 Chat, your screen then goes to a visual novel like setting were you write the responses and you can control your characters Emotions/Expressions with hot keys or a provided chart.
character appearnces can be chosen as yopu pick your class and lets say there are 3 appearances for each class(eg. Swordsman look 1, Swordsman Look 2 etc.) and color for more uniqe looks and background and varies from place to place, Music can be changes as MOOds and so on
This is only an add on to the current MMORPG gameplay we have now we still do quest and fight monsters but if we have this would have a little more cummunication with players.


-One of a Kind Legendary Items
Items that are absolutely ONE in a game., can be given iin events or such. can be use to finish an epic reward quest that one lucky player may only get.


-MMORPGs that actualy ENDS
wouldnt it be nice if an MMORPG had an actual interesting story line? alot of game designers have tried this but failed, because of the fact that NO GOOD STORY LAST FOREVER. story lines where the Roaming Characters are actualy players. To have a long lasting MMORPG why not have a single main plot but have different Main Characters, You Start at the first MAIN HERO and stop mid way of his Story then you Play off a couple of other Characters (2-5 might do) but you still have the characters you used/already played in your party. The Stories of All Characters should Intwine Creatively and will end up at one final End
1704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/12/08
I'm pretty sure idea one and two are already in certain games or implemented in some form or another, and idea three is just not going to happen; the entire point of MMORPG's is that they have no end. Otherwise everyone would just go pick up a singleplayer RPG. Or if you crave story-making, pick up like, Neverwinter Nights or something. It'd probably work out alot better.
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / 大迷宮
Offline
Posted 10/12/08
^ Yep.

Also, # 1 was already introduced in The Sims, and if you're going to implement that in an MMORPG, then that would lose the value that it's an MMORPG in the first place.
But I think I've seen a game like that in Korea; I don't know, and I'm not sure about that, though.


#2 would be pretty awkward; If a really powerful player gets the certain powerful item, then there's no way that you can stop that character, since the chances that you can defeat that powerful player is to obtain the legendary item, which is in his hands.. Hence, defeating him would be impossible.
1296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / phil.
Offline
Posted 10/12/08

DKangN3 wrote:

I'm pretty sure idea one and two are already in certain games or implemented in some form or another, and idea three is just not going to happen; the entire point of MMORPG's is that they have no end. Otherwise everyone would just go pick up a singleplayer RPG. Or if you crave story-making, pick up like, Neverwinter Nights or something. It'd probably work out alot better.


soo true
4018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Over there ------->
Offline
Posted 10/12/08

Nakapagpabagabag wrote:

^ Yep.

Also, # 1 was already introduced in The Sims, and if you're going to implement that in an MMORPG, then that would lose the value that it's an MMORPG in the first place.
But I think I've seen a game like that in Korea; I don't know, and I'm not sure about that, though.


#2 would be pretty awkward; If a really powerful player gets the certain powerful item, then there's no way that you can stop that character, since the chances that you can defeat that powerful player is to obtain the legendary item, which is in his hands.. Hence, defeating him would be impossible.


(please dont mind the caps, its my way of underlining things)
I must apologize, failed to make it clear that that item is A KEY THAT OPENS AN EVENT that will only be available to one person
and after that event that item is either removed or greatly weakened so it will serve more as a trophy
Posted 10/12/08
maybe....hmmmmm.... world of starcraft?
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / 大迷宮
Offline
Posted 10/12/08

faithkiller wrote:


Nakapagpabagabag wrote:

^ Yep.

Also, # 1 was already introduced in The Sims, and if you're going to implement that in an MMORPG, then that would lose the value that it's an MMORPG in the first place.
But I think I've seen a game like that in Korea; I don't know, and I'm not sure about that, though.


#2 would be pretty awkward; If a really powerful player gets the certain powerful item, then there's no way that you can stop that character, since the chances that you can defeat that powerful player is to obtain the legendary item, which is in his hands.. Hence, defeating him would be impossible.


(please dont mind the caps, its my way of underlining things)
I must apologize, failed to make it clear that that item is A KEY THAT OPENS AN EVENT that will only be available to one person
and after that event that item is either removed or greatly weakened so it will serve more as a trophy


Understandable.

and it makes more sense. So I agree.
You must be logged in to post.