First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
Christianity a copy cat religion?
125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Reality Of Th...
Offline
Posted 6/5/12
Moses What an instigator. Christianity is what happens when you try to teach a bunch of ignorant people an ancient religion. Lmfao
2271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 6/6/12
http://www.truthbeknown.com/dionysus.html


Dionysus: Born of a Virgin on December 25th, Killed and Resurrected after Three Days
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 6/7/12 , edited 6/7/12

shinto-male wrote:

http://www.truthbeknown.com/dionysus.html


Dionysus: Born of a Virgin on December 25th, Killed and Resurrected after Three Days


Dionysus was born of Semele, who was a lover of Zeus, and hardly a virgin. She was beguiled by Hera, the Queen of Gods, to ask Zeus to swear by an ineffiable oath that he should reveal his true form to him, but, as mortals cannot see the glory of Zeus, she perished in a fire from the Aegis bearing one's splendour. However, as her child, Dionysus, was divine, he did not perish, but was sewn onto Zeus' thighs, where he was born again, thus, he was 'twice-born', the dates and time of all this is not specified.

If you are going to copy and paste, at least make sure it is accurate.
125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Reality Of Th...
Offline
Posted 6/9/12
All religions are created equal. On a certain level of ignorance is any religion believed. Its all about controlling the common people.
Ignorance is not bliss. And knowledge is truly powerful.
Posted 6/10/12
Christianity is basically a melting pot of all the ancient beliefs preceding it. Then everything after Christianity tried to promote itself as the rightful successor: Islam, Bahai Faith, Mormonism, Divine Principle, etc. It's just different bunches of people trying to claim global authority over mankind every couple centuries or so. Seriously, when is all this ridiculousness going to end?
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 6/21/12

ATHEIST-ANARCHIST wrote:

All religions are created equal. On a certain level of ignorance is any religion believed. Its all about controlling the common people.
Ignorance is not bliss. And knowledge is truly powerful.



How is religion ignorance and how exactly does it control the common people? To simply assert it is not to prove this statement.
125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Reality Of Th...
Offline
Posted 7/2/12
I didn't say that religion is ignorance. I said that a person can believe in any religion if that person is on a certain level of ignorance. Facts disprove religion all the time. And though religion is helpful to people with insecurity, it is not necessary. Fact is that religions are mostly the same.
And religion is used by those in power to keep the common people well behaved. Persons in political positions of power should not
promote any religion, but its done all the time. If a person with less intelligence can be convinced that a person with endless power is
able to see them and every other person on earth at the same time, and is capable of punishing each person for disobedience
then you have a sure way to keep most people in their place. All religions are man made. All religions are full of absurdities.
Everyone should just stay obedient, know your place, allow those with money and power to tell you what to believe. Never stand up
for yourself. Be a complete tool till the day you die. It helps the economy. It allows the rich to get richer. Do your part, to do nothing.
God is an imaginary being. And so is the devil. Heaven doesn't exist. Hell doesn't exist. And I wont receive a lightening bolt upon my
head for saying such things. We shouldn't need to be told by any religion that we should value life.
26322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/6/12

ATHEIST-ANARCHIST wrote:

I didn't say that religion is ignorance. I said that a person can believe in any religion if that person is on a certain level of ignorance. Facts disprove religion all the time. And though religion is helpful to people with insecurity, it is not necessary. Fact is that religions are mostly the same.
And religion is used by those in power to keep the common people well behaved. Persons in political positions of power should not
promote any religion, but its done all the time. If a person with less intelligence can be convinced that a person with endless power is
able to see them and every other person on earth at the same time, and is capable of punishing each person for disobedience
then you have a sure way to keep most people in their place. All religions are man made. All religions are full of absurdities.
Everyone should just stay obedient, know your place, allow those with money and power to tell you what to believe. Never stand up
for yourself. Be a complete tool till the day you die. It helps the economy. It allows the rich to get richer. Do your part, to do nothing.
God is an imaginary being. And so is the devil. Heaven doesn't exist. Hell doesn't exist. And I wont receive a lightening bolt upon my
head for saying such things. We shouldn't need to be told by any religion that we should value life.


So a person can believe in any religion if that person is on a certain level of ignorance, eh? What about the countless examples of some of the most brilliant minds in history or even today who are theists or ascribe to some religion. Just where is the bar set for "a certain level ofignorance" then? Can you give some concrete examples of "facts" "disproving" religion? Can you also philosophically demonstrate how "facts" could disprove any religion entirely in the first place? I have a serious problem with this bolded statement. It just doesn't make sense at all. A cursory reading of a comparative religion textbook demonstrates that that simply isn't true at all. One could perhaps get away with saying that all religions have similarities but saying that they are all the same is laughable. You can't possibly think that the three major theistic religions (Christianity in all its forms- Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, "Old Catholics" and other schismatics, Protestantism; Islam; and Judaism) are "the same" as Eastern religions or any other major or Indigenous religions for that matter? Most of the rest of your post comes as no surprise, since it is nothing more than the old stuff about religion being the "opiate of the masses" so I don't even feel compelled to argue. But as for the very last statement, of course one "doesn't need religion to know to value life" because that would fall under the natural law, since all humans, being made in the image of God, are basically good.
26322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/6/12

ATHEIST-ANARCHIST wrote:

All religions are created equal. On a certain level of ignorance is any religion believed. Its all about controlling the common people.
Ignorance is not bliss. And knowledge is truly powerful.


In what way are knowledge and religion incompatible?
125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Reality Of Th...
Offline
Posted 7/9/12
For a person to truly believe in any religion they must be ignorant to all the historical and scientific facts that disprove religious
story's. Either all together ignorant of these facts or willfully ignorant. Knowledge of the history of the worlds religions is proof enough
that its all foolishness. Christians today are even embracing evolution and saying that evolution was the way that god created. Why is
christianity today changing its base teachings ?? If the teachings of the bible are inaccurate then the claim that its the word of god is
also inaccurate. A person must be ignorant of fact in order to believe fiction.
26322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/11/12 , edited 7/11/12

ATHEIST-ANARCHIST wrote:

For a person to truly believe in any religion they must be ignorant to all the historical and scientific facts that disprove religious
story's. Either all together ignorant of these facts or willfully ignorant. Knowledge of the history of the worlds religions is proof enough
that its all foolishness. Christians today are even embracing evolution and saying that evolution was the way that god created. Why is
christianity today changing its base teachings ?? If the teachings of the bible are inaccurate then the claim that its the word of god is
also inaccurate. A person must be ignorant of fact in order to believe fiction.


But absolutely none of that is true. This whole paragraph is nonsense because current scientific knowledge has nothing to do with the purpose of the writings that make up the Old and New Testament. The teachings of the Bible aren't "inaccurate" because the Bible is not a history or science textbook. Christianity hasn't changed its teachings. Christianity follows the teachings of Jesus. You'll have to forgive me if I'm forgetting the part where Jesus said "Behold, the Earth is NOT billions of years old, all of Genesis must be read literally, and living things do not change over time." Why shouldn't Christians embrace evolution as a concept? Theistic evolution doesn't contradict the Bible theologically. And historical facts don't disprove "religious stories" either.
125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Reality Of Th...
Offline
Posted 7/14/12
I love u jesus, dude, have you read thru this whole conversation ?? Nothing but facts thru this whole thing disproving christianity. The ancient religions that moses would have been taught in egypt that obviously predate him prove that Judaism and christianity are copy-cat religions. If moses did exist, and was raised in the palace then he would have been taught that there were 12 gods, hence the 12 tribes of israel. Every story told of moses and jesus have been told prior in pagan religions. History itself disproves religions, especially any christian religion. Moses was not put in a river in a basket. That story predates him. I encourage you to do a lil research on ancient religions.
Not only that but morally do you personally believe that genocide is acceptable ?? Moses said that god told him that it was. And slavery. And owning female sex slaves. All in the bible. Even fucking your own daughters while drunk is in the bible. But we are told as christians, who are we to question gods methods ?? Science, history, and reason prove the bible to be inaccurate. Most of what moses wrote is retold stories of prior religions. Do your homework.
125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Reality Of Th...
Offline
Posted 7/14/12
Swine flu. Example of evolution ??
46439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M & F / New Ameri...
Offline
Posted 7/14/12
One thing I was pondering about creationism is how Christianity itself did more to disprove creationism than science ever did. And by that I mean that they came up with Intelligent Design. It is literally impossible to believe in both Creation and Intelligent Design but that was a step The Church had to take to avoid admitting God's existence is false. The belief that the earth was created 6000 years ago was expendable, but God absolutely wasn't. Maybe this is why Catholicism supports evolution; Christians refute referring to Christianity as "The Church." That designation almost always seems to exclusively mean Catholicism. But I still stand by my labeling of mainline Protestantism as "The Church."
125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Reality Of Th...
Offline
Posted 7/15/12
Well said. How could a person embrace evolution and still believe in genesis. 6 days of creation and adam named every creature. LMFAO
I wonder what adam would have thought about the Galapagos islands. genesis 2:7 says that the human body is made of dust. Science
says that the human body is 90% microbial. The human body is home to trillions of bacteria. The bible is full of shit and hypocrisy. II Kings chapter 2 verses 23 and 24 say that 42 little children were killed for mocking Elisha. Elisha with help of god took 42 children's lives. Isaiah 13:15-18 condone genocide, child and baby murder, and also rape. The bible is filled with murder and genocide and rape and the laws in
those days gave women no justice. jesus once called a woman a dog because of her race (racism). Even slavery is ok in the eyes of god. The jews even had laws made up for slaves and slave owners. Supposedly the arabs are descendants of a slave that was used for sex.
How could any rational person be a christian ??
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.