First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Christianity a copy cat religion?
1493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/1/08

JJT2 wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


JJT2 wrote:

It doesnt matter if the Bible's stories are all lies. So what if Jesus never existed? The morals it teaches is were the ultimate truth comes in. Like not killing people and feeding the hungry. These are aesthetics truths.God and Jesus and Biblical stories dont have to be real to prove this. People who are not even religious often have similar moral values...thats all im trying to say...peace over war


That is where I can not agree with you.

1. Everyone even animals have a sense of Morality, example: there are two mice every time one of the Mice eat the other one is zapped. After a wile and the mouse eating learns that every time he eats the other mouse is in pain, the mouse that mouse stopped eating it would rather starve than eat and have the other mouse suffer for it.
(thats from a real study!)

2. Religion allows people to get around that commonsense factor. : Its ok to crash a plane into a building killing people, because its gods will! (people who are brainwashed into religion believe religion, and are able to trick them selves into doing things that is not very Moral.) Or believing in unhealthy things, such as not bringing there kids to get help from doctors because they think they think god will heal there kid if the kid really believes in him. Sometimes people will denounce facts because it may go agents what there bible said! Such as the fact Evolution, or its Scientific theory of evolution! Look up the word "Scientific theory."
"Religion and Morality really do not fit well together."

3. In the end most if not all religion has down more damage to the world than good!, it has also did more damage than "Anything" else. Its easy to see by just using a history book.


1) your point?
2)not all religous people fall under that category- those r what u call extremists.Religious people are capable of logical thinking like ne body else.Theories are not facts- laws are facts.Religion is meant to teach morality. But people tend to do currupted things in the name of God, but were does it say that in the Bible?
3)srry, but I dont aggree with that logic. Early Europeans have used religion as a form of currupted political power.No where in the bible does it have ne thing to do with politics.Thats more accross the line of Currupted Europeans using Religion as a tool. Chrsitianity started off in the Middle East, not Europe. btw, have you read all of my comments posted on this topic? im sure i have posted answers to all of these quesions, there is no point in me argueing the same thing with two different people on the same forum topic.


"(((ps... Do not use the idea that god can not be disproved! The fact is nothing that is not real can be disproved, Santa Clause can not be disproved, Godzilla can not be disproved, Aliens can not be disproved, Bigfoot can not be disproven. Does that make them any more real???)))"

If there is an alive Santa Clause there is a dead one, if there is an alive Godzillas, there is a dead one, Aliens....eh...could be....
those are well known myths created by people for fun.
Those r not religions and cant be confused with religions. God is not a physical being and is not of the physical world. He cant be proven or disproven by sciece because science deals with the physical world. Sciece takes a nuetral position on God, it has nothing to do with science and cant be proven by the scientific method. To compare religion with well known myths and superstions and down right disrespectful and trying to use science to disprove any thing without using the scientific method is unscientific...peace over war





makix wrote:


JJT2 wrote:
"That is if you're assuming Jesus existed in the first place."
Who started Chrstianity then? please enlighten me


JJT2 wrote:
It doesnt matter if the Bible's stories are all lies. So what if Jesus never existed?


Okay... so you don't even know which stance you are nor do you know your own religion. So basically I just wasted time arguing against you and your horrible grammar/spelling mixed with annoying smiley faces. You are a spectacular representative of religious people (/sarcasm).


JJT2 wrote:
"The problem that exists in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."-Albert Einstein
pay close attention to Einstein's quote

Please don't ever quote Einstein or any scholar from now on without understanding what the hell the quote means. Einstein is crying in his grave right now.

If you understand anything about the quote, it implies that you can't solve problem A with A, which is exactly what religion does over and over again. In fact, this favors more towards my argument because the whole "solve A with A" is exactly what's so inane about religion.


I'd be doing better arguing against a dog or a rock.


To the people on page 6, calm down, will you, neither is correct nor wrong, religion is undeniably attractive however no real proof supports them, science is merely an observation of the environment so it cannot be classified as the absolute truth for it is severely limited. Now shall we tone down the criticism and make our writing more concise perhaps? Other people have to enjoy your posts, they don't want some two unintelligible mutts yapping at each other.
1493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/1/08

digs wrote:

The One True God says He doesn't enjoy the death of the wicked. Eze 18:26 If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin, he will die for it; because of the sin he has committed he will die. 27 But if a wicked man turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he will save his life. 28 Because he considers all the offenses he has committed and turns away from them, he will surely live; he will not die. 29 Yet the house of Israel says, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Are my ways unjust, O house of Israel? Is it not your ways that are unjust? 30 "Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live! God clearly says that He does not take pleasure in the death of anyone, even the wicked. But, because God is Holy, the wicked will be judged. All of the Bible is inspired by God's Holy Spirit. To understand and know God, you have to take all scripture into account, when the Lord judges people and they die, it doesn't please Him, and He doesn't enjoy having to do it. It is my God Who is Holy and just. We as man have sinned and deserve hell, yet my God is merciful to all who repent. This is the goodness of God, and it cannot be understood until one softens their heart and listens to the conviction of the Holy Spirit.


God him/herself must be face palming, for he probably never written that. Remember, sins are just fabricated by men/women, and there are thousands of other religions using "sins" so please, please exempt this thread from useless, irrelevant quotes from the books that was made by men/women.
2066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 11/1/08
every religion copies each other

dont feel bad christians
Posted 11/1/08 , edited 11/1/08

mikejacobs wrote:

Check many old gods such as Dionysus, lots of similarities such as virgin birth, same date etc.


Wasnt dionysus born from the leg of his father,zeus after hera killed his mother and zeus could only save the baby?

on topic,many religions have taken elements from others,one of the most obvious example being how the romans enveloped many conquered religions into theirs,such as the marriage of Jupiter to a celtic mother godess,and as i believe that history repeats itself,it is possible that both mithra and christianity are true and they both happened and are merely similar,or neither happened for that matter,are as the saying goes that great minds think alike,maybe two people who wanted to get followers or unite their people made up a religion and they both thought of the same thing,or maybe god had two sons and since the first one didnt get it right he sent him back,maybe mithras got locked in a cave for a while and came back when he was saved by israelite shepards and became jesus,who knows?
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / M
Offline
Posted 11/1/08 , edited 11/1/08

mikejacobs wrote:

To the people on page 6, calm down, will you, neither is correct nor wrong, religion is undeniably attractive however no real proof supports them, science is merely an observation of the environment so it cannot be classified as the absolute truth for it is severely limited. Now shall we tone down the criticism and make our writing more concise perhaps? Other people have to enjoy your posts, they don't want some two unintelligible mutts yapping at each other.


Don't act like a mediator who has no position whatsoever. You're like an annoying woman who can't decide on anything. Go troll some other forum; this is no place for annoying gnats like you.

"Science is merely an observation"? You're even dumber than the person whom I arguing against.

1493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

makix wrote:


mikejacobs wrote:

To the people on page 6, calm down, will you, neither is correct nor wrong, religion is undeniably attractive however no real proof supports them, science is merely an observation of the environment so it cannot be classified as the absolute truth for it is severely limited. Now shall we tone down the criticism and make our writing more concise perhaps? Other people have to enjoy your posts, they don't want some two unintelligible mutts yapping at each other.


Don't act like a mediator who has no position whatsoever. You're like an annoying woman who can't decide on anything. Go troll some other forum; this is no place for annoying gnats like you.

"Science is merely an observation"? You're even dumber than the person whom I arguing against.



Hmm, I'm starting to like this trolling business :p ^^
16049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway - Oslo
Offline
Posted 11/2/08
Jesus wasn't actually born in december at all. They just made up the date, so that they could convert people to christianity more easily. Before the christianity came to Norway, the vikings celebrated a winter festival called "yule" or "yuletide", which was celebrated at the same time as Jesus was "born". Christians tried to push their "kristmesse" upon the vikings, even so, the name for christmas in Scandinavia is still "jul".
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/08
Actually, Christmas was declared on December 25 because Constantine ordered it. Back then the pagans had a holiday for the sun god on that day, so Constantine chose to change it to a day where we celebrate Jesus' Birth. Most historians believe Jesus to have been born in April (others argue fall, but regardless it was probably not on December 25) Most Christians believe that Jesus was not born on December 25, but we use the day as a reminder to reflect upon Jesus' birth and what that means for the world.
17958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

Snowreven wrote:

Jesus wasn't actually born in december at all. They just made up the date, so that they could convert people to christianity more easily. Before the christianity came to Norway, the vikings celebrated a winter festival called "yule" or "yuletide", which was celebrated at the same time as Jesus was "born". Christians tried to push their "kristmesse" upon the vikings, even so, the name for christmas in Scandinavia is still "jul".




While it is impossible to nail down an exact date, Jesus was likely born in June. Why? Luke 2:8 describes Jesus's birthplace as "In that region there were shepherds living in the fields, keeping watch over the flock by night." That sure doesn't sound like December, does it? Gardner writes that shepherds slept with their sheep from June to November, and that June was known as the month men traditionally fed their flocks the remains of the wheat harvest.
To this day there is still no real evidence for this person that supposable did such great things. How is such a great man that can rise from the dead not ever talked about? No evidence for him has ever been found.
17958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

TsuruyaSan wrote:

every religion copies each other

dont feel bad christians


Stories of gods born of virgins are to be found in nearly every age and country. There have been many virgin mothers, and Mary with her child is but a recent version of a very old and universal myth. In China and India, in Babylonia and Egypt, in Greece and Rome, "divine" beings selected from among the daughters of men the purest and most beautiful to serve them as a means of entrance into the world of mortals. Wishing to take upon themselves the human form, while retaining at the same time their "divinity," this compromise -- of an earthly mother with a "divine" father -- was effected. In the form of a swan Jupiter approached Leda, as in the guise of a dove, or a Paracletug, Jehovah "overshadowed" Mary.
A nymph bathing in a river in China is touched by a lotus plant, and the divine Fohi is born.

In Siam, a wandering sunbeam caresses a girl in her teens, and the great and wonderful deliverer, Codom, is born. In the life of Buddha we read that he descended on his mother Maya, "in likeness as the heavenly queen, and entered her womb," and was born from her right side, to save the world." [Stories of Virgin Births. Reference: Lord Macartney. Voyage dans 'interview de la Chine et en Tartarie. Vol. I p. 48. See also Les Vierges Meres et les Naissance Miraculeuse. P. Saintyves. p. 19, etc.] In Greece, the young god Apollo visits a fair maid of Athens, and a Plato is ushered into the world.

In ancient Mexico, as well as in Babylonia, and in modern Corea, as in modern Palestine, as in the legends of all lands, virgins gave birth and became divine mothers. But the real home of virgin births is the land of the Nile. Eighteen hundred years before Christ, we find carved on one of the walls of the great temple of Luxor a picture of the annunciation, conception and birth of King Amunothph III, an almost exact copy of the annunciation, conception and birth of the Christian God. Of course no one will think of maintaining that the Egyptians borrowed the idea from the Catholics nearly two thousand years before the Christian era. "The story in the Gospel of Luke, the first and second chapters is," says Malvert, "a reproduction, 'point by point,' of the story in stone of the miraculous birth of Amunothph."

Sharpe in his Egyptian Mythology, page 19, gives the following description of the, Luxor picture, quoted by G.W. Foote in his 'Bible Romances,' page 126: "In this picture we have the annunciation, the conception, the birth and the adoration, as described in the first and second chapters of Luke's Gospel." Massey gives a more minute description of the Luxor picture. "The first scene on the left hand shows the god Taht, the divine Wolrd or Loges, in the act of hailing the virgin queen, announcing to her that she is to give birth to a son. In the second scene the god Kneph (assisted by Hathor) gives life to her. This is the Holy Ghost, or Spirit that causes conception. ... Next the mother is seated on the midwife's stool, and the child is supported in the hands of one of the nurses. The fourth scene is that of the adoration. Here the child is enthroned, receiving homage from the gods and gifts from men." [Natural Geneses. Massey, Vol. II, p. 398.] The picture on the wall of the Luxor temple, then, is one of the sources to which the anonymous writers of the Gospels went for their miraculous story. It is no wonder they suppressed their own identity as well as the source from which they borrowed their material.

Not only the idea of a virgin mother, but all the other miraculous events, such as the stable cradle, the guiding star, the massacre of the children, the flight to Egypt, and the resurrection and bodily ascension toward the clouds, have not only been borrowed, but are even scarcely altered in the New Testament story of Jesus.

That the early Christians borrowed the legend of Jesus from earthly sources is too evident to be even questioned. Gerald Massey in his great work on Egyptian origins demonstrates the identity of Mary, the mother of Jesus, with Isis, the mother of Horus. He says: "The most ancient, goldbedizened, smoke-stained Byzantine pictures of the virgin and child represent the mythical mother as Isis, and not as a human mother of Nazareth. [Vol. II, p. 487.] Science and research have made this fact so certain that, on the one hand ignorance, and on the other interest only, can continue to claim inspiration for the authors of the undated and unsigned fragmentary documents which pass for the Word of God. If, then, Jesus is stripped of all the borrowed legends and miracles of which he is the subject; and if we also take away from him all the teachings which collected from Jewish and Pagan sources have been attributed to him -- what will be left of him? That the ideas put in his mouth have been culled and compiled from other sources is as demonstrable as the Pagan origin of the legends related of him.

Nearly every one of the dogmas and ceremonies in the Christian cult were borrowed from other and older religions. The resurrection myth, the ascension, the eucharist, baptism, worship by kneeling or prostration, the folding of the hands on the breast, the ringing of bells and the burning of incense, the vestments and vessels used in church, the candles, "holy" water, -- even the word Mass, were all adopted and adapted by the Christians from the religions of the ancients. The Trinity is as much Pagan, as much Indian or Buddhist, as it is Christian. The idea of a Son of God is as old as 'the oldest cult. The sun is the son of heaven in all primitive faiths. The physical sun becomes in the course of evolution, the Son of Righteousness, or the Son of God, and heaven is personified as the Father on High. The halo around the head of Jesus, the horns of the older deities, the rays of light radiating from the heads of Hindu and Pagan gods are incontrovertible evidence that all gods were at one time -- the sun in heaven.
2066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

Stories of gods born of virgins are to be found in nearly every age and country. There have been many virgin mothers, and Mary with her child is but a recent version of a very old and universal myth. In China and India, in Babylonia and Egypt, in Greece and Rome, "divine" beings selected from among the daughters of men the purest and most beautiful to serve them as a means of entrance into the world of mortals. Wishing to take upon themselves the human form, while retaining at the same time their "divinity," this compromise -- of an earthly mother with a "divine" father -- was effected. In the form of a swan Jupiter approached Leda, as in the guise of a dove, or a Paracletug, Jehovah "overshadowed" Mary.
A nymph bathing in a river in China is touched by a lotus plant, and the divine Fohi is born.

In Siam, a wandering sunbeam caresses a girl in her teens, and the great and wonderful deliverer, Codom, is born. In the life of Buddha we read that he descended on his mother Maya, "in likeness as the heavenly queen, and entered her womb," and was born from her right side, to save the world." [Stories of Virgin Births. Reference: Lord Macartney. Voyage dans 'interview de la Chine et en Tartarie. Vol. I p. 48. See also Les Vierges Meres et les Naissance Miraculeuse. P. Saintyves. p. 19, etc.] In Greece, the young god Apollo visits a fair maid of Athens, and a Plato is ushered into the world.

In ancient Mexico, as well as in Babylonia, and in modern Corea, as in modern Palestine, as in the legends of all lands, virgins gave birth and became divine mothers. But the real home of virgin births is the land of the Nile. Eighteen hundred years before Christ, we find carved on one of the walls of the great temple of Luxor a picture of the annunciation, conception and birth of King Amunothph III, an almost exact copy of the annunciation, conception and birth of the Christian God. Of course no one will think of maintaining that the Egyptians borrowed the idea from the Catholics nearly two thousand years before the Christian era. "The story in the Gospel of Luke, the first and second chapters is," says Malvert, "a reproduction, 'point by point,' of the story in stone of the miraculous birth of Amunothph."

Sharpe in his Egyptian Mythology, page 19, gives the following description of the, Luxor picture, quoted by G.W. Foote in his 'Bible Romances,' page 126: "In this picture we have the annunciation, the conception, the birth and the adoration, as described in the first and second chapters of Luke's Gospel." Massey gives a more minute description of the Luxor picture. "The first scene on the left hand shows the god Taht, the divine Wolrd or Loges, in the act of hailing the virgin queen, announcing to her that she is to give birth to a son. In the second scene the god Kneph (assisted by Hathor) gives life to her. This is the Holy Ghost, or Spirit that causes conception. ... Next the mother is seated on the midwife's stool, and the child is supported in the hands of one of the nurses. The fourth scene is that of the adoration. Here the child is enthroned, receiving homage from the gods and gifts from men." [Natural Geneses. Massey, Vol. II, p. 398.] The picture on the wall of the Luxor temple, then, is one of the sources to which the anonymous writers of the Gospels went for their miraculous story. It is no wonder they suppressed their own identity as well as the source from which they borrowed their material.

Not only the idea of a virgin mother, but all the other miraculous events, such as the stable cradle, the guiding star, the massacre of the children, the flight to Egypt, and the resurrection and bodily ascension toward the clouds, have not only been borrowed, but are even scarcely altered in the New Testament story of Jesus.

That the early Christians borrowed the legend of Jesus from earthly sources is too evident to be even questioned. Gerald Massey in his great work on Egyptian origins demonstrates the identity of Mary, the mother of Jesus, with Isis, the mother of Horus. He says: "The most ancient, goldbedizened, smoke-stained Byzantine pictures of the virgin and child represent the mythical mother as Isis, and not as a human mother of Nazareth. [Vol. II, p. 487.] Science and research have made this fact so certain that, on the one hand ignorance, and on the other interest only, can continue to claim inspiration for the authors of the undated and unsigned fragmentary documents which pass for the Word of God. If, then, Jesus is stripped of all the borrowed legends and miracles of which he is the subject; and if we also take away from him all the teachings which collected from Jewish and Pagan sources have been attributed to him -- what will be left of him? That the ideas put in his mouth have been culled and compiled from other sources is as demonstrable as the Pagan origin of the legends related of him.

Nearly every one of the dogmas and ceremonies in the Christian cult were borrowed from other and older religions. The resurrection myth, the ascension, the eucharist, baptism, worship by kneeling or prostration, the folding of the hands on the breast, the ringing of bells and the burning of incense, the vestments and vessels used in church, the candles, "holy" water, -- even the word Mass, were all adopted and adapted by the Christians from the religions of the ancients. The Trinity is as much Pagan, as much Indian or Buddhist, as it is Christian. The idea of a Son of God is as old as 'the oldest cult. The sun is the son of heaven in all primitive faiths. The physical sun becomes in the course of evolution, the Son of Righteousness, or the Son of God, and heaven is personified as the Father on High. The halo around the head of Jesus, the horns of the older deities, the rays of light radiating from the heads of Hindu and Pagan gods are incontrovertible evidence that all gods were at one time -- the sun in heaven.



do u really think im gonna read all that? lol
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/08
Technically, dating back thousands of years B.C. when the Prophets prophesied about the Messiah, the prophesied about the Christ (Messiah) coming into the world through a virgin birth. The difference between Christianity and mythical religions, is that Christianity has prophets from the beginning of time who prophesied about the Messiah, and the Messiah (Jesus) fulfilled all of them to the very word. Christianity was not simply made up on a whim, but is the fulfillment of the Law (the Old Testament Law that was given through Moses and the prophets) Jesus was prophesied about thousands of years before His birth, and each one was fulfilled to the very word.
17958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 11/2/08 , edited 11/2/08

TsuruyaSan wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

Stories of gods born of virgins are to be found in nearly every age and country. There have been many virgin mothers, and Mary with her child is but a recent version of a very old and universal myth. In China and India, in Babylonia and Egypt, in Greece and Rome, "divine" beings selected from among the daughters of men the purest and most beautiful to serve them as a means of entrance into the world of mortals. Wishing to take upon themselves the human form, while retaining at the same time their "divinity," this compromise -- of an earthly mother with a "divine" father -- was effected. In the form of a swan Jupiter approached Leda, as in the guise of a dove, or a Paracletug, Jehovah "overshadowed" Mary.
A nymph bathing in a river in China is touched by a lotus plant, and the divine Fohi is born.

In Siam, a wandering sunbeam caresses a girl in her teens, and the great and wonderful deliverer, Codom, is born. In the life of Buddha we read that he descended on his mother Maya, "in likeness as the heavenly queen, and entered her womb," and was born from her right side, to save the world." [Stories of Virgin Births. Reference: Lord Macartney. Voyage dans 'interview de la Chine et en Tartarie. Vol. I p. 48. See also Les Vierges Meres et les Naissance Miraculeuse. P. Saintyves. p. 19, etc.] In Greece, the young god Apollo visits a fair maid of Athens, and a Plato is ushered into the world.

In ancient Mexico, as well as in Babylonia, and in modern Corea, as in modern Palestine, as in the legends of all lands, virgins gave birth and became divine mothers. But the real home of virgin births is the land of the Nile. Eighteen hundred years before Christ, we find carved on one of the walls of the great temple of Luxor a picture of the annunciation, conception and birth of King Amunothph III, an almost exact copy of the annunciation, conception and birth of the Christian God. Of course no one will think of maintaining that the Egyptians borrowed the idea from the Catholics nearly two thousand years before the Christian era. "The story in the Gospel of Luke, the first and second chapters is," says Malvert, "a reproduction, 'point by point,' of the story in stone of the miraculous birth of Amunothph."

Sharpe in his Egyptian Mythology, page 19, gives the following description of the, Luxor picture, quoted by G.W. Foote in his 'Bible Romances,' page 126: "In this picture we have the annunciation, the conception, the birth and the adoration, as described in the first and second chapters of Luke's Gospel." Massey gives a more minute description of the Luxor picture. "The first scene on the left hand shows the god Taht, the divine Wolrd or Loges, in the act of hailing the virgin queen, announcing to her that she is to give birth to a son. In the second scene the god Kneph (assisted by Hathor) gives life to her. This is the Holy Ghost, or Spirit that causes conception. ... Next the mother is seated on the midwife's stool, and the child is supported in the hands of one of the nurses. The fourth scene is that of the adoration. Here the child is enthroned, receiving homage from the gods and gifts from men." [Natural Geneses. Massey, Vol. II, p. 398.] The picture on the wall of the Luxor temple, then, is one of the sources to which the anonymous writers of the Gospels went for their miraculous story. It is no wonder they suppressed their own identity as well as the source from which they borrowed their material.

Not only the idea of a virgin mother, but all the other miraculous events, such as the stable cradle, the guiding star, the massacre of the children, the flight to Egypt, and the resurrection and bodily ascension toward the clouds, have not only been borrowed, but are even scarcely altered in the New Testament story of Jesus.

That the early Christians borrowed the legend of Jesus from earthly sources is too evident to be even questioned. Gerald Massey in his great work on Egyptian origins demonstrates the identity of Mary, the mother of Jesus, with Isis, the mother of Horus. He says: "The most ancient, goldbedizened, smoke-stained Byzantine pictures of the virgin and child represent the mythical mother as Isis, and not as a human mother of Nazareth. [Vol. II, p. 487.] Science and research have made this fact so certain that, on the one hand ignorance, and on the other interest only, can continue to claim inspiration for the authors of the undated and unsigned fragmentary documents which pass for the Word of God. If, then, Jesus is stripped of all the borrowed legends and miracles of which he is the subject; and if we also take away from him all the teachings which collected from Jewish and Pagan sources have been attributed to him -- what will be left of him? That the ideas put in his mouth have been culled and compiled from other sources is as demonstrable as the Pagan origin of the legends related of him.

Nearly every one of the dogmas and ceremonies in the Christian cult were borrowed from other and older religions. The resurrection myth, the ascension, the eucharist, baptism, worship by kneeling or prostration, the folding of the hands on the breast, the ringing of bells and the burning of incense, the vestments and vessels used in church, the candles, "holy" water, -- even the word Mass, were all adopted and adapted by the Christians from the religions of the ancients. The Trinity is as much Pagan, as much Indian or Buddhist, as it is Christian. The idea of a Son of God is as old as 'the oldest cult. The sun is the son of heaven in all primitive faiths. The physical sun becomes in the course of evolution, the Son of Righteousness, or the Son of God, and heaven is personified as the Father on High. The halo around the head of Jesus, the horns of the older deities, the rays of light radiating from the heads of Hindu and Pagan gods are incontrovertible evidence that all gods were at one time -- the sun in heaven.



do u really think im gonna read all that? lol


In short I was agreeing with you.


298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / -
Offline
Posted 11/5/08

makix wrote:


mikejacobs wrote:

To the people on page 6, calm down, will you, neither is correct nor wrong, religion is undeniably attractive however no real proof supports them, science is merely an observation of the environment so it cannot be classified as the absolute truth for it is severely limited. Now shall we tone down the criticism and make our writing more concise perhaps? Other people have to enjoy your posts, they don't want some two unintelligible mutts yapping at each other.


Don't act like a mediator who has no position whatsoever. You're like an annoying woman who can't decide on anything. Go troll some other forum; this is no place for annoying gnats like you.

"Science is merely an observation"? You're even dumber than the person whom I arguing against.



My definition for science is that it is everything that is happening around us in our daily life .However,religion is needed because it gives us some hope,teach us important values etc.Anything can be harmful if it is used in the wrong way.So creation of weapon is also part of science and also causes death.I dont understand why people are arguing over such matters since all religion's main goal is to clearer define what is right and wrong. There are also limitations in science,some things like "time" is difficult to research on.
1393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
Good job people, you have now given proof that most if not all religions are based on some sort of past paganism stuff and mythology. You have proven that everything that nearly the whole world believes are all a bunch of lies. Finally someone did it,lol.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.