First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Christianity a copy cat religion?
1687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41
Offline
Posted 11/13/08

MEMPHADON wrote:

i did a research essay on pagan influences on christianity, focusing on the roman mystery cults for my senior paper in highschool. it was a pretty fun essay to write. it was 8 pages long (the requirement was only 4) and i could have gone on a lot longer if i wanted. i'll probably continue it for my anthropology of religion class that i have now.


anyways, christianity is almost totally unoriginal. i'm amazed at how they got away with it so long, and how the commoners believed the lame excuse the papacy gave them (that satan travelled through time and created those similar religions in order to confuse people and make them stray from the true path once jesus was born).


dont you mean that god created other false religions and beliefs to see if we have chosen the "right" religion? pick wrong you go to hell, pick right, you still go to hell, because you doubted other religion, since god created that belief. FYI its sarcasm, dont spaz out hehe
1687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41
Offline
Posted 11/13/08

digs wrote:

Technically, dating back thousands of years B.C. when the Prophets prophesied about the Messiah, the prophesied about the Christ (Messiah) coming into the world through a virgin birth. The difference between Christianity and mythical religions, is that Christianity has prophets from the beginning of time who prophesied about the Messiah, and the Messiah (Jesus) fulfilled all of them to the very word. Christianity was not simply made up on a whim, but is the fulfillment of the Law (the Old Testament Law that was given through Moses and the prophets) Jesus was prophesied about thousands of years before His birth, and each one was fulfilled to the very word.

you mean to tell me that adam or eve had a prophecy, even before the "original" sin, before the reason for the adam and eve to be expelled from the Eden, before the need of the messiah to take away the sins of the earth?
1687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41
Offline
Posted 11/13/08

digs wrote:

Evidence that is accurate? Or evidence that is manufactured to bring about a desired outcome? The fact is, is that the Historical accounts of the Bible are supported through archeology.


how is the historical account of the bible supported theough archelogy...when the so called event that surrounds the time of the Bible was current event....not ancient times? couldnt you also say the same thing to the bible, that you can manufacture or twist and rewrite the wording to make the desired outcome? for example, jesus was born from virgin birth...oops scientifically impossible....he was born from married virgin mother < not technically married, since they didnt consummated their marriage> due to grace of god...so mary committed adultery with god......no it was not god...it was his holy spirit...no make that his angel, yeah angel...etc
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/08 , edited 11/13/08
Here is a link with some archeological evidence supporting the historical fact of the Exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt. http://www.bibleandscience.com/archaeology/exodus.htm

And Mary was impregnated by the Holy Spirit (not through sex, bust through a miracle) Luk 1:35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called* the Son of God.

Adam and Eve did receive prophecy about the Messiah, but this was after the fall of man (after sin) Here are some links that talks more about Messianic prophecies. http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/m_prophecies.shtml http://www.godonthe.net/evidence/messiah.htm
12330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Fluffly Land =D
Offline
Posted 11/13/08

BlargTheCat wrote:

Blasphemy! What does that exactly prove? Nothing! (I'm exaggerating...but still...what does a bunch of fibs prove?)


well u never know what it proves...maybe we should try researching from the christian side point of view and see how things go...currently this thread is going from the other side. =0
1687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41
Offline
Posted 11/13/08

digs wrote:

Here is a link with some archeological evidence supporting the historical fact of the Exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt. http://www.bibleandscience.com/archaeology/exodus.htm

And Mary was impregnated by the Holy Spirit (not through sex, bust through a miracle) Luk 1:35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called* the Son of God.

Adam and Eve did receive prophecy about the Messiah, but this was after the fall of man (after sin) Here are some links that talks more about Messianic prophecies. http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/m_prophecies.shtml http://www.godonthe.net/evidence/messiah.htm


so does that mean the freek and roman mythology is true, that zeus/jupiter and 11 other major gods and goddess, and other minor deity exists, since all that occured is supported by archologist and factual histories?


Scientist Moderator
digs 
38031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/08
No, and I don't know or understand how that applies to what I posted.
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 11/13/08

redfinger1 wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:

i did a research essay on pagan influences on christianity, focusing on the roman mystery cults for my senior paper in highschool. it was a pretty fun essay to write. it was 8 pages long (the requirement was only 4) and i could have gone on a lot longer if i wanted. i'll probably continue it for my anthropology of religion class that i have now.


anyways, christianity is almost totally unoriginal. i'm amazed at how they got away with it so long, and how the commoners believed the lame excuse the papacy gave them (that satan travelled through time and created those similar religions in order to confuse people and make them stray from the true path once jesus was born).


dont you mean that god created other false religions and beliefs to see if we have chosen the "right" religion? pick wrong you go to hell, pick right, you still go to hell, because you doubted other religion, since god created that belief. FYI its sarcasm, dont spaz out hehe


no, the official papal reasoning was that satan travelled back in time to create religions similar to christianity to make christians doubt the word of god and thereby go to hell. speaking of which, i always found it funny that satan travelled through time to become the snake that tempts adam and eve, even though that time is before satan had fallen from grace in the first place.
1687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41
Offline
Posted 11/13/08

MEMPHADON wrote:


redfinger1 wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:

i did a research essay on pagan influences on christianity, focusing on the roman mystery cults for my senior paper in highschool. it was a pretty fun essay to write. it was 8 pages long (the requirement was only 4) and i could have gone on a lot longer if i wanted. i'll probably continue it for my anthropology of religion class that i have now.


anyways, christianity is almost totally unoriginal. i'm amazed at how they got away with it so long, and how the commoners believed the lame excuse the papacy gave them (that satan travelled through time and created those similar religions in order to confuse people and make them stray from the true path once jesus was born).


dont you mean that god created other false religions and beliefs to see if we have chosen the "right" religion? pick wrong you go to hell, pick right, you still go to hell, because you doubted other religion, since god created that belief. FYI its sarcasm, dont spaz out hehe


no, the official papal reasoning was that satan travelled back in time to create religions similar to christianity to make christians doubt the word of god and thereby go to hell. speaking of which, i always found it funny that satan travelled through time to become the snake that tempts adam and eve, even though that time is before satan had fallen from grace in the first place.


hehe really? where can i get the go to look at that document? i want to read it
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 11/13/08

redfinger1 wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:


redfinger1 wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:

i did a research essay on pagan influences on christianity, focusing on the roman mystery cults for my senior paper in highschool. it was a pretty fun essay to write. it was 8 pages long (the requirement was only 4) and i could have gone on a lot longer if i wanted. i'll probably continue it for my anthropology of religion class that i have now.


anyways, christianity is almost totally unoriginal. i'm amazed at how they got away with it so long, and how the commoners believed the lame excuse the papacy gave them (that satan travelled through time and created those similar religions in order to confuse people and make them stray from the true path once jesus was born).


dont you mean that god created other false religions and beliefs to see if we have chosen the "right" religion? pick wrong you go to hell, pick right, you still go to hell, because you doubted other religion, since god created that belief. FYI its sarcasm, dont spaz out hehe


no, the official papal reasoning was that satan travelled back in time to create religions similar to christianity to make christians doubt the word of god and thereby go to hell. speaking of which, i always found it funny that satan travelled through time to become the snake that tempts adam and eve, even though that time is before satan had fallen from grace in the first place.


hehe really? where can i get the go to look at that document? i want to read it


tbh, i don't know what document. i read it on a website concerning connections between christianity and paganism a while back, sorry.
1687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41
Offline
Posted 11/13/08
does that mean, satan also went back in time to corrupt the past satan, and causing him to be fallen angel?
hehe i can see it now, in the background music of back to the future....hehe
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/13/08
there is no Biblical evidence of Satan going back in time -_- but I believe he does know God's plan and will try and stop it in advance (he does not know they future though)
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 11/19/08

digs wrote:

there is no Biblical evidence of Satan going back in time -_- but I believe he does know God's plan and will try and stop it in advance (he does not know they future though)


'There is no Biblical evidence of Satan going back in time, you know what else there is no Evidence for, 0%!
Jesus being a real person, and not just a made up story. Look for the evidence you not find a non-religious or forged documented source for him.'

"God!" There has been about 10,000 religions before the birth of Christianity, or even the pagan religions. How can you say all the ones that came before and after your religion is wrong and yours is wright? (you think you randomly chose the right religion. Hell I do not see your God appearing or speaking so what proof you have yours is right, not that it makes sense at all that there is some magical sky mage, that created everything just because one day he was tired of being alone something he been since forever all of a sudden he just upped and said lets make something humans! Illogical by far! Its not logical and makes no sense!)
13782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 11/19/08

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


digs wrote:

there is no Biblical evidence of Satan going back in time -_- but I believe he does know God's plan and will try and stop it in advance (he does not know they future though)


'There is no Biblical evidence of Satan going back in time, you know what else there is no Evidence for, 0%!
Jesus being a real person, and not just a made up story. Look for the evidence you not find a non-religious or forged documented source for him.'

"God!" There has been about 10,000 religions before the birth of Christianity, or even the pagan religions. How can you say all the ones that came before and after your religion is wrong and yours is wright? (you think you randomly chose the right religion. Hell I do not see your God appearing or speaking so what proof you have yours is right, not that it makes sense at all that there is some magical sky mage, that created everything just because one day he was tired of being alone something he been since forever all of a sudden he just upped and said lets make something humans! Illogical by far! Its not logical and makes no sense!)


Magical Skye Mage.......LMAO!!!!!!!! Wow thats funny.....i'm sorry I just had to tell you it was funny!
12458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/08 , edited 11/19/08
It seems that most Early "Christian" Europeans have really made Christianity look bad in many people's eyes, due to their corruption. If those Europeans truly read the Bible with a Christian understanding, they would have realized how wrong they were going about the spread of Christianity. They really did use it as a tool.

Nowhere in the Bible does God say "make everyone Christian, whether they like it or not".

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.