First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Ever wonder what happen to idols in boyband after they grow old?
Posted 10/17/08
You know, what is wrong with being a fangirl? I can understand if you are against extreme fans who go all out to defend or stalk their idols, but what is wrong with just liking the band and their songs? I don't think you are being very magnanimous if THAT irks you, because I'm sure that you have or used to have favourite singers too! If you don't, at least try and respect other people.
And even if you are THAT offended by infatuated fans calling DBSK 'gods' (which I see no reason for you to be, seeing as it doesn't affect you in any way), I certainly do not think that it is very nice of you to go around retorting sarcastic comments. It does get rather annoying, you know.
I don't want to argue with you any longer. Just, you know, TRY to make your comments more considerate, PLEASE?
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 10/17/08

yonomi333 wrote:

You know, what is wrong with being a fangirl? I can understand if you are against extreme fans who go all out to defend or stalk their idols, but what is wrong with just liking the band and their songs? I don't think you are being very magnanimous if THAT irks you, because I'm sure that you have or used to have favourite singers too! If you don't, at least try and respect other people.
And even if you are THAT offended by infatuated fans calling DBSK 'gods' (which I see no reason for you to be, seeing as it doesn't affect you in any way), I certainly do not think that it is very nice of you to go around retorting sarcastic comments. It does get rather annoying, you know.
I don't want to argue with you any longer. Just, you know, TRY to make your comments more considerate, PLEASE?


why dont you go read the comments posted by your fellow fangirls first before you start telling me about showing respect? if you want others to respect you, respect them first. bite me and i'll definitely bite back. show me an attitude, and i'll give it back to you. i wasnt against any fangirls of dbsk initially too. i just dislike chunella... okay, that's not the point. but after spending more time here and reading how your fellow beloved dbsk fangirls dissing other celebs, cursing other users to die/threatening to murder them when they claimed that they dont really like dbsk, infatuatedly(if there is such a word) listing down a million and one reason why the whole world should worship dbsk because they so so so so so so so wayyy more talented/hardworking than other celebs and etc, i really grow to detest them. perhaps it's just a few black sheeps lurking around here in cr/youtube etc, but who to blame? my unluckiness for keep bumping into them?
there's nothing wrong with fangirling. i fangirl with my friend too, over her YUNHO(YES DBSK'S LEADER U-KNOW YUNHO) and my... you dont have to know who.
i didnt specifically get offended by crazily infatuated fangirls labelling dbsk as gods. but how they go on to diss other celebs and making them look so inferior as compared to dbsk so much so that they as worthy as shit is totally irksome.
for example, the FAMOUS flh case over here.
and i rmb reading one comment somewhere... perhaps it's youtube or here, i forgot. when someone kinda compared dbsk to namie amuro, your fellow fangirl went: HOW DARE(COULD) YOU COMPARE THEM WITH NAMIE AMURO? DONT YOU KNOW IT'S SO MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO HARMONISE WHEN THEY'RE A GROUP etc....
like, come on! Namie Amuro deserves her title as Queen of Hip Pop too okay, though i'm not her fan either.
get my point now?
Posted 10/17/08
well shinhwa seems to be doing well, & they've been around for like forever right?

& F4 or JVKV, whatever they're calling themselves now, as well. don't think F4 has disbanded, but they did go & do separate things for a while...

i mean, it's not something i necessarily think about. i'll be sad if one of the groups that i like disbands, but it's kind of difficult to keep churning out albums & stuff as a group. people grow up & apart & develop new interests. even if they don't, i'm sure they want to have more "normal" lives at some point.
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 10/17/08

mleung wrote:

well shinhwa seems to be doing well, & they've been around for like forever right?

& F4 or JVKV, whatever they're calling themselves now, as well. don't think F4 has disbanded, but they did go & do separate things for a while...

i mean, it's not something i necessarily think about. i'll be sad if one of the groups that i like disbands, but it's kind of difficult to keep churning out albums & stuff as a group. people grow up & apart & develop new interests. even if they don't, i'm sure they want to have more "normal" lives at some point.


yup true (about shinhwa part)....
but you cant deny the fact that as boyband grows older their popularity decreases too... i guess boybands are meant to be BOYS? erm, no puns intended.
and some boybands go on hiatus forever and after like soooo many years decided to make a comeback... like BOYZONE. (provided you are old enough to know who they are) Gosh, i used to love them sooo much. but i got a rude shock when i saw their album cover.
ps. i'd still prefer f4 as f4 instead of jvkv. it's a mouthful and so hard to rmb. LOL
3337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Asia
Offline
Posted 10/17/08 , edited 10/17/08
I've thought of the possibilitues, but following their talents I've made my own predictions of the disband outcome~

Predictions:
Junsu will have a solo album
Yunho will have a dance studio
Jaejoong will have a cooking show ( edit: or maybe a solo album as well but I want oppa to teach me how to cook! )
Changmin will have a gym
Micky will go back to USA ( probably have a music studio )

Not all of them can make it solo- - -

Junsu has the unique and charismatic charm that can catch your attention with his voice~
Yunho has the coolness in his dance moves which hypnotize you!
Jaejoong has such great taste in food that having a cooking show once-a-week can boost his skills [and ours too!]
Changmin has such a buff body that he can put up a gym and can train people [like us fangirls] personally :P
Micky has the chance to go back to Virginia to be with his family and make money by opening a music studio for potential artists


but it doesn't mean I want them to disband !!!

I will support all 5 members of DBSK to whatever they decide

I will support all 13 members of SuJu to whatever they decide


( my #1 SuJu prediction, Shindong becomes a comedian...he reminds me of Hyun Dong )
Posted 10/17/08

ringo_seijin wrote:


yonomi333 wrote:

You know, what is wrong with being a fangirl? I can understand if you are against extreme fans who go all out to defend or stalk their idols, but what is wrong with just liking the band and their songs? I don't think you are being very magnanimous if THAT irks you, because I'm sure that you have or used to have favourite singers too! If you don't, at least try and respect other people.
And even if you are THAT offended by infatuated fans calling DBSK 'gods' (which I see no reason for you to be, seeing as it doesn't affect you in any way), I certainly do not think that it is very nice of you to go around retorting sarcastic comments. It does get rather annoying, you know.
I don't want to argue with you any longer. Just, you know, TRY to make your comments more considerate, PLEASE?


why dont you go read the comments posted by your fellow fangirls first before you start telling me about showing respect? if you want others to respect you, respect them first. bite me and i'll definitely bite back. show me an attitude, and i'll give it back to you. i wasnt against any fangirls of dbsk initially too. i just dislike chunella... okay, that's not the point. but after spending more time here and reading how your fellow beloved dbsk fangirls dissing other celebs, cursing other users to die/threatening to murder them when they claimed that they dont really like dbsk, infatuatedly(if there is such a word) listing down a million and one reason why the whole world should worship dbsk because they so so so so so so so wayyy more talented/hardworking than other celebs and etc, i really grow to detest them. perhaps it's just a few black sheeps lurking around here in cr/youtube etc, but who to blame? my unluckiness for keep bumping into them?
there's nothing wrong with fangirling. i fangirl with my friend too, over her YUNHO(YES DBSK'S LEADER U-KNOW YUNHO) and my... you dont have to know who.
i didnt specifically get offended by crazily infatuated fangirls labelling dbsk as gods. but how they go on to diss other celebs and making them look so inferior as compared to dbsk so much so that they as worthy as shit is totally irksome.
for example, the FAMOUS flh case over here.
and i rmb reading one comment somewhere... perhaps it's youtube or here, i forgot. when someone kinda compared dbsk to namie amuro, your fellow fangirl went: HOW DARE(COULD) YOU COMPARE THEM WITH NAMIE AMURO? DONT YOU KNOW IT'S SO MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO HARMONISE WHEN THEY'RE A GROUP etc....
like, come on! Namie Amuro deserves her title as Queen of Hip Pop too okay, though i'm not her fan either.
get my point now?


For goodness sake, PLEASE STOP REFERRING TO THE CRAZY FANGIRLS AS MY 'FELLOW FANGIRLS'!
It's not like I'm trying to speak up for them, it's just that it is really not fair to the MAJORITY of the fans who are calm and rationale when you constantly make such sweeping statements and mean stereotypes. I think that what you say sometimes are more hurtful than all the empty threats issued by obsessive fangirls. You really don't have to treat ALL fans who try to defend DBSK as your enemies!
And maybe, instead of always doing the 'eye for an eye' thing, you should try to be more magnanimous and just ignore the extreme fans. If everyone tried to rebutt the illogical and unreasonable remarks they give, I think CR and youtube will become REALLY chaotic. Just chill and stop being spiteful to everyone whom you think is trying to go against you.
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 10/17/08

sakurafan318 wrote:

I've thought of the possibilitues, but following their talents I've made my own predictions of the disband outcome~

Predictions:
Junsu will have a solo album
Yunho will have a dance studio
Jaejoong will have a cooking show
Changmin will have a gym
Micky will go back to USA ( probably have a music studio )

Not all of them can make it solo- - -

Junsu has the unique and charismatic charm that can catch your attention with his voice~
Yunho has the coolness in his dance moves which hypnotize you!
Jaejoong has such great taste in food that having a cooking show once-a-week can boost his skills [and ours too!]
Changmin has such a buff body that he can put up a gym and can train people [like us fangirls] personally :P
Micky has the chance to go back to Virginia to be with his family and make money by opening a music studio for potential artists


but it doesn't mean I want them to disband !!!

I will support all 5 members of DBSK to whatever they decide

I will support all 13 members of SuJu to whatever they decide


( my #1 SuJu prediction, Shindong becomes a comedian...he reminds me of Hyun Dong )


nah, i'd prefer youngwoong jaejoong to release solo album...
specifically, a rock-ish solo album.
2846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / s'pore
Offline
Posted 10/17/08



hmm... Hiro did make it into the oricon chart a few times, but definitely not like topping the chart like how Speed did with a min of 500k for each and every single.
sighz... but they're back now! with a single to be released soon!
must support! =) hahaha... this thread is about boyband and yet we're talking about speed!


yeah i will definitely support it! haha oops yeah right so lets go back to boy bands.
i'm now thinking what will happen to NEWS after 7 years..

Posted 10/17/08 , edited 10/17/08

ringo_seijin wrote:



yup true (about shinhwa part)....
but you cant deny the fact that as boyband grows older their popularity decreases too... i guess boybands are meant to be BOYS? erm, no puns intended.
and some boybands go on hiatus forever and after like soooo many years decided to make a comeback... like BOYZONE. (provided you are old enough to know who they are) Gosh, i used to love them sooo much. but i got a rude shock when i saw their album cover.
ps. i'd still prefer f4 as f4 instead of jvkv. it's a mouthful and so hard to rmb. LOL


well, naturally. there's always going to be someone new popping up & like i said before, it's got to be hard coming up with new stuff all the time. & in regards to the term "boy band" - i wonder when a group ceases to be a "boy band" & becomes just a "band." can't imagine if the rolling stones or any other really long-lasting group was ever referred to as a "boy band." it seems to be a relatively new phenomena.

& i prefer f4 as f4 too - much easier & faster to say.
2846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / s'pore
Offline
Posted 10/17/08 , edited 10/17/08

sakurafan318 wrote:

I've thought of the possibilitues, but following their talents I've made my own predictions of the disband outcome~

Predictions:
Junsu will have a solo album
Yunho will have a dance studio
Jaejoong will have a cooking show
Changmin will have a gym
Micky will go back to USA ( probably have a music studio )

Not all of them can make it solo- - -

Junsu has the unique and charismatic charm that can catch your attention with his voice~
Yunho has the coolness in his dance moves which hypnotize you!
Jaejoong has such great taste in food that having a cooking show once-a-week can boost his skills [and ours too!]
Changmin has such a buff body that he can put up a gym and can train people [like us fangirls] personally :P
Micky has the chance to go back to Virginia to be with his family and make money by opening a music studio for potential artists


but it doesn't mean I want them to disband !!!

I will support all 5 members of DBSK to whatever they decide

I will support all 13 members of SuJu to whatever they decide


( my #1 SuJu prediction, Shindong becomes a comedian...he reminds me of Hyun Dong )


yeah i agree!
ultimately we will still support whatever decisions they made.
SuJu and DBSK fighting!
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 10/17/08

yonomi333 wrote:


ringo_seijin wrote:


yonomi333 wrote:

You know, what is wrong with being a fangirl? I can understand if you are against extreme fans who go all out to defend or stalk their idols, but what is wrong with just liking the band and their songs? I don't think you are being very magnanimous if THAT irks you, because I'm sure that you have or used to have favourite singers too! If you don't, at least try and respect other people.
And even if you are THAT offended by infatuated fans calling DBSK 'gods' (which I see no reason for you to be, seeing as it doesn't affect you in any way), I certainly do not think that it is very nice of you to go around retorting sarcastic comments. It does get rather annoying, you know.
I don't want to argue with you any longer. Just, you know, TRY to make your comments more considerate, PLEASE?


why dont you go read the comments posted by your fellow fangirls first before you start telling me about showing respect? if you want others to respect you, respect them first. bite me and i'll definitely bite back. show me an attitude, and i'll give it back to you. i wasnt against any fangirls of dbsk initially too. i just dislike chunella... okay, that's not the point. but after spending more time here and reading how your fellow beloved dbsk fangirls dissing other celebs, cursing other users to die/threatening to murder them when they claimed that they dont really like dbsk, infatuatedly(if there is such a word) listing down a million and one reason why the whole world should worship dbsk because they so so so so so so so wayyy more talented/hardworking than other celebs and etc, i really grow to detest them. perhaps it's just a few black sheeps lurking around here in cr/youtube etc, but who to blame? my unluckiness for keep bumping into them?
there's nothing wrong with fangirling. i fangirl with my friend too, over her YUNHO(YES DBSK'S LEADER U-KNOW YUNHO) and my... you dont have to know who.
i didnt specifically get offended by crazily infatuated fangirls labelling dbsk as gods. but how they go on to diss other celebs and making them look so inferior as compared to dbsk so much so that they as worthy as shit is totally irksome.
for example, the FAMOUS flh case over here.
and i rmb reading one comment somewhere... perhaps it's youtube or here, i forgot. when someone kinda compared dbsk to namie amuro, your fellow fangirl went: HOW DARE(COULD) YOU COMPARE THEM WITH NAMIE AMURO? DONT YOU KNOW IT'S SO MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO HARMONISE WHEN THEY'RE A GROUP etc....
like, come on! Namie Amuro deserves her title as Queen of Hip Pop too okay, though i'm not her fan either.
get my point now?


For goodness sake, PLEASE STOP REFERRING TO THE CRAZY FANGIRLS AS MY 'FELLOW FANGIRLS'!
It's not like I'm trying to speak up for them, it's just that it is really not fair to the MAJORITY of the fans who are calm and rationale when you constantly make such sweeping statements and mean stereotypes. I think that what you say sometimes are more hurtful than all the empty threats issued by obsessive fangirls. You really don't have to treat ALL fans who try to defend DBSK as your enemies!
And maybe, instead of always doing the 'eye for an eye' thing, you should try to be more magnanimous and just ignore the extreme fans. If everyone tried to rebutt the illogical and unreasonable remarks they give, I think CR and youtube will become REALLY chaotic. Just chill and stop being spiteful to everyone whom you think is trying to go against you.


i dont care if anybody is going against me. they are the ones who cared, that i'm going against them.
and i'm not a wimp.
so when they bite me, i'll bite back.
it's as simple as that.
so maybe, THEY can be more magnanimous and ignore my comments rather than keep on quoting me(like..... cough cough cough) and insisting on changing my opinions/telling me how great/noble/worship-able dbsk is. oh wait, you're saying i shld be more magnanimous and ignore their remarks... so why are you not doing the same to mine? *ponders*
right?
practice what you preach.
and if you've really never noticed, crazy dbsk fangirls have already inhabited cr.
ps. there's no further need for you to quote this again.
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 10/17/08

tingest wrote:




hmm... Hiro did make it into the oricon chart a few times, but definitely not like topping the chart like how Speed did with a min of 500k for each and every single.
sighz... but they're back now! with a single to be released soon!
must support! =) hahaha... this thread is about boyband and yet we're talking about speed!


yeah i will definitely support it! haha oops yeah right so lets go back to boy bands.
i'm now thinking what will happen to NEWS after 7 years..



hmm. somehow i think only yamapi can make it? as what koyama himself has said: they're nothing without yamapi.
hahaha! i'm jk. but he's so cute when he actually said that!
i think koyama is cute, but still.... if only one in news can make it, it's definitely yamapi. the rest are too nasal for me...
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 10/17/08

mleung wrote:


ringo_seijin wrote:



yup true (about shinhwa part)....
but you cant deny the fact that as boyband grows older their popularity decreases too... i guess boybands are meant to be BOYS? erm, no puns intended.
and some boybands go on hiatus forever and after like soooo many years decided to make a comeback... like BOYZONE. (provided you are old enough to know who they are) Gosh, i used to love them sooo much. but i got a rude shock when i saw their album cover.
ps. i'd still prefer f4 as f4 instead of jvkv. it's a mouthful and so hard to rmb. LOL


well, naturally. there's always going to be someone new popping up & like i said before, it's got to be hard coming up with new stuff all the time. & in regards to the term "boy band" - i wonder when a group ceases to be a "boy band" & becomes just a "band." can't imagine if the rolling stones or any other really long-lasting group was ever referred to as a "boy band." it seems to be a relatively new phenomena.

& i prefer f4 as f4 too - much easier & faster to say.


but somehow when i see band, i'll think to more of the rock-ish/jamming kind?
perhaps group can be a better word?
hahaha...
and so boyzone is now a band/group and not a boyband anymore huh... (once again, no puns intended)
ps. rolling stones and boybands doenst match. hahaha! not at all!
2846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / s'pore
Offline
Posted 10/17/08 , edited 10/17/08

ringo_seijin wrote:


tingest wrote:




hmm... Hiro did make it into the oricon chart a few times, but definitely not like topping the chart like how Speed did with a min of 500k for each and every single.
sighz... but they're back now! with a single to be released soon!
must support! =) hahaha... this thread is about boyband and yet we're talking about speed!


yeah i will definitely support it! haha oops yeah right so lets go back to boy bands.
i'm now thinking what will happen to NEWS after 7 years..




hmm. somehow i think only yamapi can make it? as what koyama himself has said: they're nothing without yamapi.
hahaha! i'm jk. but he's so cute when he actually said that!
i think koyama is cute, but still.... if only one in news can make it, it's definitely yamapi. the rest are too nasal for me...


HUH?!BUT I LIKE THE REST TOO!haha!
actually,no offences,but i dont really like pi.
i mean he's okay but he just isnt my fave.
i think RYO will make it far too,after all he has KANJANI 8 and he really can act!
TEGOSHI might make it too cause of his erotic personality..
KOYAMA will make it as an MC?
however,its true that if Pi leave NEWS,it'll be hard to stay as a grp anymore.
they can go their separate ways but i am not sure how massu and shige are gonna survive...(my poor massu )
but still,NEWS is one of the best, to me.
Posted 10/17/08 , edited 10/17/08

ringo_seijin wrote:




but somehow when i see band, i'll think to more of the rock-ish/jamming kind?
perhaps group can be a better word?
hahaha...
and so boyzone is now a band/group and not a boyband anymore huh... (once again, no puns intended)
ps. rolling stones and boybands doenst match. hahaha! not at all!


i know it doesn't match, but i couldn't think of any other group that has been around for ages that is still intact - the beatles, maybe? i guess they were kind of like one but they are no longer in existence & i still wouldn't really call them a boy band...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.