First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Why are live performances worse than recorded versions?
3180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / ChocoTown, Oregon
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

courtknee wrote:

Muse does really good lives.
They're kind of better than the recorded song.


I AGREE!!!! Muse is outstanding live!
393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / a little Pacific...
Offline
Posted 12/1/08
it all depends on the artist's stamina and talent singing live. performing anything live requires a great amount of both because not only do you need to be able to make an entire piece without a break [and most songs run anywhere from 3-6 minutes], but you need to have the ability to perform the same way live as a recording. recording in a studio gives anyone an opportunity to rerecord not-so-great notes. and technology has progressed so much that computers can fix flat or sharp notes for you.
2798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

car_lne wrote:

technology make everything..sure u also can sing better in recorded version..
but if they really talented,yup sure they can sing well in live or in recorded version..


Yup! Just like SNSD!!!
2798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

Mikkay23 wrote:


courtknee wrote:

Muse does really good lives.
They're kind of better than the recorded song.


I AGREE!!!! Muse is outstanding live!


Definitely. No doubt. And for all of you that dont know muse.....you make me sad...
2703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 12/1/08
Wow... I could explain it all, but nothing your average tech book couldn't tell ya.

Simply put, You can do alot more with a recorded track then you can live. The equipment used is different, the venue itself, the type of equipment used, the eq for the venue. Then you got recorded tracks which can have 2 tracks or 6 tracks for each person/instrument, plus effects and obviously a lot more time to properly eq the tracks. That's all it is. Really, a good tech can make you sound great live but a lot of techs are just awful. No idea what they are doing and no patience.
16058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/1/08

DeniseHaruhi wrote:

I was watching some Aya Hirano music videos and live performances and realised that her lives are really bad compared to the recorded versions. When I listened to Yui Horie's music videos and lives it was just about the same thing. In fact many of the singers I listen to generally sing better in the recorded versions of the songs. Why do you think this is so?


because the recorded version are generally a compilation of the best parts of many different recordings.... and you can redo things part by part.

but if they are good enough singers, lives can be better than recordings










16316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/1/08
in live performances, the peformers have to be careful that they wont make a mistake.. but in the recorded ones, its okay if they make a mistake. its almost like plays/movies being compared.
3789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere??
Offline
Posted 12/6/08

SNSD123 wrote:


car_lne wrote:

technology make everything..sure u also can sing better in recorded version..
but if they really talented,yup sure they can sing well in live or in recorded version..


Yup! Just like SNSD!!!


mmm..can i disagree (just a little disagree) some of them can sing well tho..
2798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 12/6/08

car_lne wrote:


SNSD123 wrote:


car_lne wrote:

technology make everything..sure u also can sing better in recorded version..
but if they really talented,yup sure they can sing well in live or in recorded version..


Yup! Just like SNSD!!!


mmm..can i disagree (just a little disagree) some of them can sing well tho..


I see your point. and also i like ur little message at the bottom of your response. Every moment give thanks to God. Good job.
2798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 12/6/08

twilight_rockz wrote:

in live performances, the peformers have to be careful that they wont make a mistake.. but in the recorded ones, its okay if they make a mistake. its almost like plays/movies being compared.


I agree. Totaly. Thats why im always nervous when I perform a musical or a play of some sort. The last musical i did, on the opening night i tripped and fell on the riser and we had to quickly improvising. Thats why you also have to think fast and be aware of ur surroundings.
1031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 12/6/08

moua2 wrote:

Well I think because like for example, Wonder Girls, they sound better in their recording but when they sing live, it's not that good. I think it's because they have to do dance moves at the same time and when they're not singing, they dance and then when it's their turn to sing, they get out of breath by dancing when they weren't singing...do you get me?^^

Love Wonder Girls!! They rock!^^


Not to burst your bubble or anything, Wonder Girls' singing ability just isn't too great. But they're really really improving, so that's something to look forward to.

Singing well live takes a lot of control, and familiarity with different pitches and tones. Because lives are extremely loud, it is extremely difficult because singers can hardly hear themselves. You see singers wear those earphone things... I'm not quite sure what they are for, but I'm sure it's to help them.

And yes, singing is extremely hard to do while dancing, but large music agencies such as SM will put their singers through courses to help them learn the correct way of breathing while singing and dancing.

Overall, it comes down to singing abilities, but singers who have good abilities sound better live because they are able to put more emotion into their singing, and lives allow room for ad-libs; the atmosphere is very good as well, something recordings restraint from artists.

Being a singer is hard ^__^;
1265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / outer space...yeah
Offline
Posted 12/6/08
because during lives, there is sometimes dancing involved and its REALLY hard to sing while doing that....and also when recording, there are multiple takes till perfection
Posted 12/6/08
Well, they are probably in their best conditions when they record and live performances they could have a flu or anything. And besides they edit the song and make it perfect before they sell it.
3789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere??
Offline
Posted 12/6/08

SNSD123 wrote:

I see your point. and also i like ur little message at the bottom of your response. Every moment give thanks to God. Good job.


thanks

3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 12/6/08
that's because when you're recording in a studio you can do it over and over for the best results. and when you're performing, that doesn't happen. plus, in most songs there is dancing and some kind of movement, which is more tiring than just sitting there and singing. and celebrities are probably still a little nervous, even after getting used to it..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.