First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
The double standard behind double standards…
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/07






n0odle said:
Oh now that's bullshit. We all know women can't drive. I am not being sexist I am being real. I will not get in a car if the driver is a woman.


Rather you like it or not, it's a fact sweet cheeks. I'm not happy about it either.



a1q2s3 said:
I completely agree, and just for the record I'm African-American


Well, if that is the case, then you're also very mature. (Not to say you would be immature for thinking otherwise but...well, you get it.)



endohmichyo said:
It's also a statistical fact that men drive men more than women. This has been proven by a couple of studies and human observations. Think about when you take a girl out on a date; who normally drives? I know it depends on whose car you're taking but most of the time it's the guy. I know some years ago your insurance depended on how many miles you drove and your premiums were based on that. This practice still continues on today. If I remember right the formula was for every 1 mile a woman drove a guy drove like 10 to 15 more. (I had family in the business. That's how I found out about that).


Yes, but looking at it from a neutral point of view that doesn't matter. What matters is this group gets into more accidents than this one; therefore, we are more likely to have to cover for this group than the latter. So, the former gets charged more. They do the same thing for people who drive red cars, sports cars, and/or live in a bad area. However, this is all being taken out of context. I never said men were worse drivers than women. That's certainly not true. (Though n0odle's just sexist. It's a matter of the individual. My mother happens to drive WAY better than my father. My uncle drives better than my aunt.)



Eros said:

Honestly I'm confused by what caused this one. There are four parties, whore men, whore women, non whore men, non whore women. the non whore men and women don't like the whore men and women.

There are a few reasons I can figure.
1) Whore men want non whore women, and vice versa. Men have more power so they can enforce this better, thus supporting the double standard.
2)There are euqal numbers of nonwhore men and nonwhore women, but nonwhore men dont speak out against the whore men in public, while the non whore women do.
Perhaps its just an imballanced situation:
3)Men who favor whoring are simply in the majority of men, while whore women who favor whoring are not in the majority. Thus, when whore men are around men it is ok, while when whore women are around whore women it is not.

Biological considerations: man having more then one woman is clear, the women and babies are basically his as long as he can take care of them. Woman having more then one man. Well, this seems to have more potential problems to me baby wise. You think the non-father wants to take care of some other man and his womans baby?

Anyway let me know what you think.


I saved yours for last because I have the most to say in return to yours, Eros. Okay, let us see.

That first thing you gave was false from my point of view. Most men want a whore woman, very few want anything less than a mute nymphomaniac with big bouncy boobs and a liquor store. Also, women can enforce their desires in a man just as much as the vice-versa. Unless the man physically forces her into something, in which case that is rape and a different subject entirely.

Number two was also false if you ask me. There are most likely, (though this is diffidently a changing wind) more men who are loose sex addicts than women. However, the other half of it is something that I find to be correct in most circumstances. Now of course you find your really moral people, and your preachers, and their sorts who speak out. However, most men mind their own on this. Women tend to frown upon sexual immorality more than men and thus are more extroverted about their downing of whores. Yet, this leaves me with a question. Why is it that women jump down other women’s throats for being whores, but not men’s?

As for three…another one I half agree with. Though I must comment that I think that in our culture men are encouraged to be sexual studs to a degree. Thus, they are almost proud of their overly active sex life. Women, on the other hand, are (and this here is where you find the -true- double standard behind the veil of indirect discriminations) expected to be more prudent. Usually. Thus I think the true reason behind this is less that there are more man whores than moral men, and more because the man whores are usually proud of themselves for being skanky. Also, men have a tendency (this is another statistic) to be more emotionally secure. Thus the men who aren’t whores are not phased by being called something they know they are not, where as prudent women are still offended by being called a whore. Even though their not.

Now for the “biological” side of your argument. First, that has very little to do with actual biology and more to do with culture. Second, it’s false. My mom has my dad by the balls and he knows it. She controls him. He makes the money, provides for the family, but the only thing that makes him do this is her. She orders him around, for he is so clingy that all she has to do is say, “I’ll leave you!” and then he’ll conform to her will. Also, there are families out there where the mother is the sole provider. Hints “stay at home father.” This is certainly a rare thing. Why? Because in our culture men who don’t work are treated like bums, where as women are not judged for relying on men. Thus most men have been raised up to feel ashamed of relying on their wife to support for them. Personally I support this.

Now for women having more than one man: Right, well… That does hurt things baby wise. Watch Jerry Springer for evidence of this… Well, the same can go the other way. It’s just not as common because single men who get a woman pregnant usually chicken out and abandon her. (This is actually something that the Christian bible says will be a horrible habit and grow to be more common until the end of times. Just a fun fact that seems related to the topic.) Also, women are typically more empathetic and willing to take in the child than a man would be. (This is, of course, a generalization. In fact, a lot of what I’ve said is.)

I know I’m forgetting something but, like Jam up there, *points* I’m getting a case of the lazys!

Also, please use better grammar in the future.
EDIT:



hopchow said
Oh I could go all day but I'll only post one. The grand toilet seat argument. Women pee with the toilet seat down, men pee with the toilet seat up. Women moan and complain if we leave it up and they have to put it down, but when is the last time you've heard a guy complain about having to put the toilet seat up? I understand that sitting down and having your butt hit the water isn't a pleasant sensation but I've also been told that women are more observant than men. Has the idea of "looking before you sit" ever crossed your mind? Beyond that in terms of sheer physics its easier to put the seat down than it is to pull it up. Either put the toilet seat up for us when you're done] , or stop complaining when we leave it up ourselves.


LMAO! Also, that's a lie, women are not more observant than us! (Actually, they may generally be, but not in my life exp.)
37756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / アメリカ
Offline
Posted 4/19/07

n0odle wrote:


For example: Here in America men are expected to pay more for car insurance. (A few states have abolished this because it -is- sexist) And yes, it makes sense that we do. Why? Cuz we historically and statistically get into more car accidents.


Oh now that's bullshit. We all know women can't drive. I am not being sexist I am being real. I will not get in a car if the driver is a woman.


dude i completely agree you are right on. though the sad thing is if i were to post something like this no one would read so thank you for posting! ps dude THAT IS SEXIST saying that women cant drive like men cant drive is one thing but saying you wont even get into a car with one is just bullshit
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/07

dude i completely agree you are right on. though the sad thing is if i were to post something like this no one would read so thank you for posting! ps dude THAT IS SEXIST saying that women cant drive like men cant drive is one thing but saying you wont even get into a car with one is just bullshit


Am I the only one who saw that post as highly self contradictory?
37756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / アメリカ
Offline
Posted 4/19/07
hmmm probubly was haha kinda true though from my experiences
3928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Jersey
Offline
Posted 4/19/07

SeraphAlford wrote:


dude i completely agree you are right on. though the sad thing is if i were to post something like this no one would read so thank you for posting! ps dude THAT IS SEXIST saying that women cant drive like men cant drive is one thing but saying you wont even get into a car with one is just bullshit


Am I the only one who saw that post as highly self contradictory?


Life is full of contradictions. Anyway, I'm a lazy free loader, so I always jump at the chance for a girl to drive me. No problem for me.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/07

Jamehze


SeraphAlford wrote:


dude i completely agree you are right on. though the sad thing is if i were to post something like this no one would read so thank you for posting! ps dude THAT IS SEXIST saying that women cant drive like men cant drive is one thing but saying you wont even get into a car with one is just bullshit”

Am I the only one who saw that post as highly self contradictory?


Life is full of contradictions. Anyway, I'm a lazy free loader, so I always jump at the chance for a girl to drive me. No problem for me.


Aye, I'm with you. I also try to date chicks with lots of money... I was just speaking in generalizations. Most men seem uncombfortable with such things.
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 4/19/07
Lucky I got my own car eh?
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/07
...*Chuckles* Www.dumblaws.com. Noodle, there is a city made just for you it seems! I forgot where already, but there is some place where an old law still lingers saying: "Women are not allowed to drive unless a male is running in front of the car and waving a red flag to warn oncoming motorists and pedestrians."
843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Cambridge
Offline
Posted 4/19/07
Edited: Lolz! Its 1am>>lame excuse..i know!
I basically agree with some things u wrote eros...

But there are also definitely numerous girls out there who got pregnant at an early age coz they slept around and has the nerve to call other girls they dislike "whores" and "bitches">>> Ive heard it firsthand! and i was like "WTF?"-don't they look at themselves 1st before they even open their mouths???

And I have also observed,as SeraphAlford has,that coloured people are actually the Most racist when it comes to conversations!!!

Im surrounded by international people all the time and my black mates diss the white caucasian people and even their neighbouring countries more than anybody else's: i.e. ghanians hate nigerians and vice versa.

And sumtyms based on my personal observations,black people hate other blacks if they are surrounded by mostly white friends!!! They think that its traitorous againts their race? C'mon! if they live in a predominantly white populated area then of course they will have white friends, don't they? lolz!

Also from personal experience,when black boys go out with a non-black girl...the black girls starts on hating on her and tells each other that the black boy has "Jungle Fever" and make it sound that he's got a problem
...but if its vice versa they just tell the black girl that she's lucky and bitch some more on why black boys are bad boyfriends!

10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/07
^ That stuff you were talking abouts hits me close, Queen. I know exactly what you mean with the dating outside of their race and hanging with people outside of their race. I got the biggest beating of my life by multiple black guys who were years older than me, (and much bigger) when I dated a black girl.
37756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / アメリカ
Offline
Posted 4/19/07
ouch thats unlucky luckily the black community in my area seems to be accepting of the whites but the problem here is Hispanic where i live tend to start the most fights with everyone else. also at my highschool they tend to stay with themselves and exclude everyone else
1095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Somewhere in a la...
Offline
Posted 4/19/07

SeraphAlford wrote:

...*Chuckles* Www.dumblaws.com. Noodle, there is a city made just for you it seems! I forgot where already, but there is some place where an old law still lingers saying: "Women are not allowed to drive unless a male is running in front of the car and waving a red flag to warn oncoming motorists and pedestrians."


Unfortunately what you say is true. I take it we've both read "Ten things you can't say in America."
843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Cambridge
Offline
Posted 4/19/07
Poor Seraph! did u continue dating her??? did the girl know???

In my experience of the filipino culture as well there is one thing that i hate the most!!!
Teenage boys bragging and telling lies to each other that they had sex with a girl who they all know. Sometimes she's the girl they all have a crush on....but still single coz she rejected them all.
They act sooo immature and don't even realize that what they are doing is destroying that girl's reputation!!!

lolz! i told my friend that a fitting revenge for that is to go around and tell people how small their p****es are!!!
37756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / アメリカ
Offline
Posted 4/19/07

queenbee wrote:

Poor Seraph! did u continue dating her??? did the girl know???

In my experience of the filipino culture as well there is one thing that i hate the most!!!
Teenage boys bragging and telling lies to each other that they had sex with a girl who they all know. Sometimes she's the girl they all have a crush on....but still single coz she rejected them all.
They act sooo immature and don't even realize that what they are doing is destroying that girl's reputation!!!

lolz! i told my friend that a fitting revenge for that is to go around and tell people how small their p****es are!!!


if you do that you jus bein like the rest of the guys


it aint cool to insult the insulter after all
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/07

Unfortunately what you say is true. I take it we've both read "Ten things you can't say in America."

No, I just found it by mistake.

To Queen: I continued to date her for a short period after that. In the end, however, we both agreed that it was a bad idea for us to date. Yes, she knew about it. She most likely saved my life coz she ran off (this was her brother and his buddies so she knew they were serious) and got help. Me? Well, I tried to run, got cornered, and curled up and took the beating like a brat.

But that thin in the Filipino culture is everywhere. I've noticed it in every race. I hate it too. Makes me soo mad!

Syp: Yes, well here Hispanics are the majority. (Meaning whites are a minority) Then comes blacks, then whites. The whites are considered weak, and we have a numerical disadvantage. This being said everyone has a problem with us because we can't do much anything about it. However, Hispanics do cause most of the trouble here too. In fact this area is under the control of some hispanic gang apparently... I don't know, I just avoid people, but everybody talks about the gang wars. I don't know much about them, other than gossip and that the Hispanics dominate.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.