First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Monster Hunter 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / the place. . .
Offline
Posted 10/19/08
MH3 doesn't have a solid release date yet. . . The thread starter made a guess and even if it were true, the English version wouldn't come out till a later date anyways. . . assuming Capcom makes an English version. . .

And even though MH3 will be the latest game of the series once it's released. . . I don't think it will have the same content of other monster hunter games. . . I noticed in the gameplay videos and trailer there were no felyne fighters from mhp2g. . . and Monster Hunter Frontier which came before 2g has monsters that 2g doesn't. . . I think Capcom does this to keep each game unique to itself. . . So people would still play Unite/2g because it won't have the same content as MH3. . .
15120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/08
zomg. how come on wii. :O psp plox
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/19/08
The felyne fighters are useless anyway and only available in single player mode.
2229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / the place. . .
Offline
Posted 10/20/08
Explain how paralyzing monsters, putting monsters to sleep, acting as a decoy, nocking your character out of screams, and buffing your character are useless. . . It sounds like you don't know how to use them properly http://forums.skiesofcroda.com/index.php?showtopic=48 . . . The majority of players are playing single player mode. . . Playing multiplayer all the time will make you suck at the game. . .



3324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/20/08

riavan wrote:


bustword wrote:

Why wasn't this post in the monster hunter group
http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Monster_Hunters


It can be too, but this is the game forum :P



Just wanted people to join since there are about 60 members only. And no talk goes around there.
735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 10/20/08

tngrqb123 wrote:

zomg. how come on wii. :O psp plox


Capcom didn't have enough money to pay sony to put the game on their system, so they went to nintendo which was cheaper...

4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/20/08 , edited 10/20/08

GunSwordsman54 wrote:


tngrqb123 wrote:

zomg. how come on wii. :O psp plox


Capcom didn't have enough money to pay sony to put the game on their system, so they went to nintendo which was cheaper...



Yeah, that's totally it, not because the wii is a far more popular system and monster hunter is capcom's most successful franchise in Japan atm.

They wouldn't want to put it on the system that would sell the most copies, that's just stupid.

/heavysarcasmoff.


k1ngkam1kaze wrote:

Explain how paralyzing monsters, putting monsters to sleep, acting as a decoy, nocking your character out of screams, and buffing your character are useless. . . It sounds like you don't know how to use them properly http://forums.skiesofcroda.com/index.php?showtopic=48 . . . The majority of players are playing single player mode. . . Playing multiplayer all the time will make you suck at the game. . .



You fail to mention they consistently get in the way and they only do one of those things you mentioned, not all at once. Most players play single player, most english players (like those on skies of crimson or whatever they're calling it now). I'm sure in Japan it's quite another story.

You will find with MH3 on the wii, it's just so easy to get a second person to play, you won't need to go through the hell that is setting up your psp for xlink kai, finding a 3rd party wireless adapter that you can only buy off the internet, etc. Alternatively, you can just play split screen. The felines would be pretty unnecessary with how easy it is to get to get someone to play with on the wii version. Monster hunter was built and is meant to be a multiplayer game, the feline was just made so loners had it a little bit easier.


2229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / the place. . .
Offline
Posted 10/20/08

riavan wrote:

You fail to mention they consistently get in the way and they only do one of those things you mentioned, not all at once. Most players play single player, most english players (like those on skies of crimson or whatever they're calling it now). I'm sure in Japan it's quite another story.

You will find with MH3 on the wii, it's just so easy to get a second person to play, you won't need to go through the hell that is setting up your psp for xlink kai, finding a 3rd party wireless adapter that you can only buy off the internet, etc. Alternatively, you can just play split screen. The felines would be pretty unnecessary with how easy it is to get to get someone to play with on the wii version. Monster hunter was built and is meant to be a multiplayer game, the feline was just made so loners had it a little bit easier.




Unless your using a ranged weapon, your felyne won't get in the way because all melee weapons will pierce through it. . . maybe some monsters (akantor) would be annoying with a felyne fighter, but they're not as useless as you make them sound. . . Your felyne fighter will use any skills it knows, so obviously it will use more than one. . . It's not uncommon for a felyne fighter to paralyze a monster, buffer your character and knock you out of scream in 1 battle. . . if it could use all of them at once that would make the game really easy. . . Also, I never said MH3 should have the felyne fighters. I was giving examples on how the different games throughout the series don't share the same content. . .

And as Monster Hunter is hugely popular in Japan, of course they'd play multiplayer because it's probably easy to find partners. . . WE DON'T LIVE IN JAPAN. . . As you mentioned, "you won't need to go through the hell that is setting up your psp for xlink kai, finding a 3rd party wireless adapter that you can only buy off the internet, etc." Sony making ad-hoc enabled games playable online via PS3 is an attempt to change that. . . Since Monster Hunter Freedom Unite will be the 1st game to support that kind of connectivity and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is the US version of 2g, Japan isn't a factor in this equation. . . Which points me back to when I 1st said there's no solid release date for MH3 in Japan, let alone a US date in response to you saying "I'm sure the voice chat and friends lists would be great for MHP2NDG, but I think people would be playing MH3 on the wii around then anyway, which looks a lot better." People won't be playing MH3 by that time unless they're Japanese because they will get it a lot earlier than the rest of the world, if the game ever leaves Japan and also Japan wouldn't care about that feature because it for the US version of 2g. . . Since the voice chat and friend list thing is for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (which is US version of 2g) and Unite will be released sooner than MH3, most notably because a US release was confirmed unlike MH3 then most people (US) won't be playing MH3 by then because it won't be out in the US and it may not even be out in Japan by then either because there is no solid release date for it. . .

And it's amazing how you say you'll find it's easy to get a second person to play MH3 considering the game isn't out yet Don't make baseless allegations
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/20/08

k1ngkam1kaze wrote:


riavan wrote:

You fail to mention they consistently get in the way and they only do one of those things you mentioned, not all at once. Most players play single player, most english players (like those on skies of crimson or whatever they're calling it now). I'm sure in Japan it's quite another story.

You will find with MH3 on the wii, it's just so easy to get a second person to play, you won't need to go through the hell that is setting up your psp for xlink kai, finding a 3rd party wireless adapter that you can only buy off the internet, etc. Alternatively, you can just play split screen. The felines would be pretty unnecessary with how easy it is to get to get someone to play with on the wii version. Monster hunter was built and is meant to be a multiplayer game, the feline was just made so loners had it a little bit easier.




Unless your using a ranged weapon, your felyne won't get in the way because all melee weapons will pierce through it. . . maybe some monsters (akantor) would be annoying with a felyne fighter, but they're not as useless as you make them sound. . . Your felyne fighter will use any skills it knows, so obviously it will use more than one. . . It's not uncommon for a felyne fighter to paralyze a monster, buffer your character and knock you out of scream in 1 battle. . . if it could use all of them at once that would make the game really easy. . . Also, I never said MH3 should have the felyne fighters. I was giving examples on how the different games throughout the series don't share the same content. . .

And as Monster Hunter is hugely popular in Japan, of course they'd play multiplayer because it's probably easy to find partners. . . WE DON'T LIVE IN JAPAN. . . As you mentioned, "you won't need to go through the hell that is setting up your psp for xlink kai, finding a 3rd party wireless adapter that you can only buy off the internet, etc." Sony making ad-hoc enabled games playable online via PS3 is an attempt to change that. . . Since Monster Hunter Freedom Unite will be the 1st game to support that kind of connectivity and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is the US version of 2g, Japan isn't a factor in this equation. . . Which points me back to when I 1st said there's no solid release date for MH3 in Japan, let alone a US date in response to you saying "I'm sure the voice chat and friends lists would be great for MHP2NDG, but I think people would be playing MH3 on the wii around then anyway, which looks a lot better." People won't be playing MH3 by that time unless they're Japanese because they will get it a lot earlier than the rest of the world, if the game ever leaves Japan and also Japan wouldn't care about that feature because it for the US version of 2g. . . Since the voice chat and friend list thing is for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (which is US version of 2g) and Unite will be released sooner than MH3, most notably because a US release was confirmed unlike MH3 then most people (US) won't be playing MH3 by then because it won't be out in the US and it may not even be out in Japan by then either because there is no solid release date for it. . .

And it's amazing how you say you'll find it's easy to get a second person to play MH3 considering the game isn't out yet Don't make baseless allegations


TLDR.
I can't believe you wrote a whole angsty essay, way to flame, but I guess it happens a lot on the internet. Also, paragraphs are your friend.

Bottom line, If sales of mh "unite" are the same as mhf2, which they most likely will be
(since it's more like the same game with an expansion built in), you won't have anyone to play with online anyway. MHF2 wasn't compatible online against MHP2, so I don't see why this one would be.

The wii may remedy this, as it's a much more popular platform/console. 2 player split screen makes it more of a social game you can play with friends. Sales will no doubt be a lot higher both internationally and in Japan. BTW, do you know what a pre-loader is? I don't plan to wait for an english release.
2229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / the place. . .
Offline
Posted 10/20/08

riavan wrote:

TLDR.
I can't believe you wrote a whole angsty essay, way to flame, but I guess it happens a lot on the internet. Also, paragraphs are your friend.

Bottom line, If sales of mh "unite" are the same as mhf2, which they most likely will be
(since it's more like the same game with an expansion built in), you won't have anyone to play with online anyway. MHF2 wasn't compatible online against MHP2, so I don't see why this one would be.

The wii may remedy this, as it's a much more popular platform/console. 2 player split screen makes it more of a social game you can play with friends. Sales will no doubt be a lot higher both internationally and in Japan. BTW, do you know what a pre-loader is? I don't plan to wait for an english release.


(You should've read my post)
Correction. . .

The bottom line is. . . This isn't about mhp2g/unite online vs. mh3 online. . . If you'd have read my post or any of the others for that matter, you'd know that ALL I'M SAYING IS FELYNE FIGHTERS AREN'T AS USELESS AS YOU MAKE THEM OUT TO BE. . . that's it that's all

Pat yourself on the back. . . I'm done. . .
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/20/08 , edited 10/20/08

k1ngkam1kaze wrote:


riavan wrote:

TLDR.
I can't believe you wrote a whole angsty essay, way to flame, but I guess it happens a lot on the internet. Also, paragraphs are your friend.

Bottom line, If sales of mh "unite" are the same as mhf2, which they most likely will be
(since it's more like the same game with an expansion built in), you won't have anyone to play with online anyway. MHF2 wasn't compatible online against MHP2, so I don't see why this one would be.

The wii may remedy this, as it's a much more popular platform/console. 2 player split screen makes it more of a social game you can play with friends. Sales will no doubt be a lot higher both internationally and in Japan. BTW, do you know what a pre-loader is? I don't plan to wait for an english release.


(You should've read my post)
Correction. . .

The bottom line is. . . This isn't about mhp2g/unite online vs. mh3 online. . . If you'd have read my post or any of the others for that matter, you'd know that ALL I'M SAYING IS FELYNE FIGHTERS AREN'T AS USELESS AS YOU MAKE THEM OUT TO BE. . . that's it that's all

Pat yourself on the back. . . I'm done. . .


Do you have Mhp2ndG?
I'm just curious.
I mean sometimes they do something remotely useful, but not that often.
My point in bringing up the online is that they're not necessary in 3, since the felynes were only there to help people playing by themself offline. With the wii game it looks so easy to get another person with splitscreen/wifi, the need for a single player only AI don't seem needed.

17992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / look at your keyb...
Offline
Posted 12/9/08
iS MH3 comng to the PSP?????!?!?!
sounji 
93 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Florida
Offline
Posted 12/9/08
wooo monster hunter!!
237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / around the next c...
Offline
Posted 12/9/08
omg......................................
35 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Rock Hill, SC
Offline
Posted 12/7/09
i didnt read every single comment. but just to give some info. monster hunter is only for the wii. check gamestop.com. there is no bows,dual blades,gunlances or hunter horns. but we do have sword and shields, great swords, long swords, hammers, lances, light medium and heavy bowguns, and the new switch axe or whatever they decide to call it. ive heard there will be wiispeak and no cost for online play unlike the japan version from what i hear. this game is more like the first monster hunter for ps2.the old weapons will get new fighting moves like hitting monsters with your shield. from the japanese vids i saw, each type of weapon will have different attack button combos.that is either good or bad
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.