First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
A quick test to see who here is a human being.
Posted 10/22/08 , edited 10/22/08
If the following videos do not make you tear up, it means one of two things:

1.) You have no soul and are therefore a robot or a Fox News Employee
2.) You are not old enough to remember

And here are the videos-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ZdLBqSz8Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcvRMHz4mb4

Posted 10/22/08
I am a newly-built, robotic Fox News employee.
Here*
I also come with spellcheck.
Posted 10/22/08
why would i need a test to know that im a human =/

i already know that im one already . . .
killar 
69281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 10/22/08
I didn't tear up.

But I'm a heartless bastard so I don't count.
Posted 10/22/08 , edited 10/22/08

KinkyHamster wrote:

I am a newly-built, robotic Fox News employee.
Here*
I also come with spellcheck.


It's okay. At least your post was spelled correctly and you were polite. Which is more than I can say for my topic header. :/

Don't mind me. I have been drinking a bit.

I remember Fred Rogers and Jim Henson very well. I know you kids hear "things were better back in my day" all the bloody time but there really was nobody like those two. They genuinely cared about not only children, but about their fellow human beings as well. They believed that education and fun should never be exclusive of each other.

Just seeing if there is anybody old or in the know enough here to be affected as emotionally by this as I was.



142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / A land you do not...
Offline
Posted 10/22/08
F*CK YEAH! Not a single tear shed. I didn't even feel any sympathy or sadness or ANYTHING! MUAHAHAHAHA!
19863 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / Limbo
Offline
Posted 10/22/08 , edited 10/22/08
I need to replace the liquid release pistons in my eye sockets. The sodium H20 failed to discharge and now everyone's going to find out I'm... eh... wasn't a fan of these particular people. I was more into watching weird people wearing spandex costumes fight each other and them getting into robots once the bad guys went giant. I'm sure they're missed though.
killar 
69281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 10/22/08

Bakatron wrote:

It's okay. At least your post was spelled correctly and you were polite. Which is more than I can say for my topic header. :/



I fixed it for you. I think (I've been drinking too)
Posted 10/22/08 , edited 10/22/08
Oh well.

It was worth a try anyway.

I wonder if this generation has anybody that will provoke the kind of response these videos got from me a decade after their passing.

A side note to Starfire: You don't have to censor yourself. Trust me, I'm not going to be offended by the word "fuck."

edit: Thank you Killar. It is fixed.
Posted 10/22/08
I'm really not trying to be mean...but shouldnt someone green sing "it's not that easy being green"...i mean big bird is yellow so he cant relate to that song.....
Posted 10/22/08
I've seen WAY too many sadder goodbyes and heard WAY too man beautifully written songs to be affected by this ;D
3549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 10/22/08 , edited 10/22/08
I teared up while watching Mr. Roger's Goodbye.
D; Boo~

The Jim Henson one...
I didn't know who he was... so yeah.
Nothing came out of that.
Posted 10/22/08

kino_neko wrote:

I'm really not trying to be mean...but shouldnt someone green sing "it's not that easy being green"...i mean big bird is yellow so he cant relate to that song.....


It'd be weird seeing Oscar the Grouch sing it though.

Also, the part that nailed my heart to the wall was where Carroll Spinney (voice of Big Bird) chokes up near the end. Anyway, this was a tribute to the original singer of the song, who had just passed away at the time.

A part of my childhood died with him.

Posted 10/22/08

Bakatron wrote:


kino_neko wrote:

I'm really not trying to be mean...but shouldnt someone green sing "it's not that easy being green"...i mean big bird is yellow so he cant relate to that song.....


It'd be weird seeing Oscar the Grouch sing it though.

Also, the part that nailed my heart to the wall was where Carroll Spinney (voice of Big Bird) chokes up near the end. Anyway, this was a tribute to the original singer of the song, who had just passed away at the time.

A part of my childhood died with him.



Oh.....but still oscar is green...i miss kermit.....
Posted 10/22/08 , edited 10/22/08

kino_neko wrote:
i miss kermit.....


Me too

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.