First  Prev  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  Next  Last
What is the chance of bumping into your soul mate?
550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / .....check your b...
Offline
Posted 7/4/12

-Vega- wrote:

I found mine here in Crunchyroll.


do tell
7375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / The World That Wa...
Offline
Posted 7/4/12 , edited 7/4/12
I dunno how a lot of people try to play out their fairy tales, but when I bang into someone I usually apologize and be on my way. I also don't believe in soul mates anyway, and am generally not the sort of person who stops people I bang into for a chat because I think they were kinda hot.

I'm a realist and I'm fairly confident there's a plenty of girls perfectly suited to be my future bride. Evidently I can't find even one, and that's when I'm actually looking, so excuse me if I'm far from believing in fairy tale encounters.
35357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/4/12
Your chances are about 1 / 7,000,000,000

Good luck.
7185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/12
I'm not convinced that there is only 1 person for everyone. lol look at it like this - if there's billions of inhabitable planets in the universe then why think that we are the only one with life? There are billions of people on this planet so why think that there can only be one with true love for you?

I will say that i've had 2 anime like instances where I fell in love. The girl who by far loved me more than anyone ever has I met after leaving an argument with an ex of mine who moved in next door to me after we broke up (lol just that is anime enough). I walked away and ran into some friends who were in a large group. There was a new girl in it and just as before I walked away to go sulk about my argument, I stopped and said "hmm might as well introduce myself to her". That introduction turned into a 4 hour long conversation followed by a year of romance.

The other case was with the first girl I ever loved. I had moved to a new high school that was a lot smaller than my old one. I had met pretty much everyone by this point in time. One day I met eyes with someone I didnt recognize and I got all tingly. I found out she was dating a friend of mine so I put her out of my mind. Months later I ran into her again not remembering her and we hit it off pretty well. I ended up falling way deep in love with her. She was my first legit girlfriend and the last girl at that school that I ever legitimately met. Saved the best for last i guess?

In terms of odds, dude I'd say that if you open your confidence up and meet as many people as you can then you will easily run into someone special for you in a profound way once every 2 years or so. Of course most of those every-2-year people wont be the person you end up with either but they will stick out in your mind for years to come. Hopefully you'll be able to have a long lasting relationship with one of them soon.
15009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 7/4/12
I don't think I can find myself
23097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/4/12
The idea of the soulmate means I have to give into the idea that there's some outside force that will dictate my life, and I simply don't believe that's true personally. I think everyone, or at least nearly everyone, does have a couple different people out there that would be the perfect fit for them and not because they fit this ideal of a person you would personally want but because they're a person that just clicks with you. If we were all fated to one person that'd be really shitty solely for having to move around and find that person. I think it's more likely that everyone has a different experience or way of knowing and finding the "one". Sometimes it's the person sitting behind you in a high school classroom, the stranger on the train, or someone you meet or realize they're the one when you're 40.

There's little advice I think anyone can give that will accurately help anyone, because we're all different and you should never try and change yourself(I mean bearing their just traits that make you and not things like you like licking toilet seats or the fact you're just an ugly person physically and personality wise). The right person for you will accept you, and that person will be the most beautiful person in the world.
11983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Anime world...
Offline
Posted 7/5/12

Doom-Desire wrote:

I dunno how a lot of people try to play out their fairy tales, but when I bang into someone I usually apologize and be on my way. I also don't believe in soul mates anyway, and am generally not the sort of person who stops people I bang into for a chat because I think they were kinda hot.

I'm a realist and I'm fairly confident there's a plenty of girls perfectly suited to be my future bride. Evidently I can't find even one, and that's when I'm actually looking, so excuse me if I'm far from believing in fairy tale encounters.


You couldn't have said it better.

I completely agree with you.

But as for me, somedays, I really don't think there's a "soul mate" because that would mean that there is only ONE person out there for you in the entire world and how the hell are you suppose to find this ONE person if you are miles apart? I mean, you don't know who this ONE person is or where they are? So how the hell do you even find them?

IF you say destiny, well, destiny can be made so yea.
7375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / The World That Wa...
Offline
Posted 7/5/12

carmensakura07 wrote:


Doom-Desire wrote:

I dunno how a lot of people try to play out their fairy tales, but when I bang into someone I usually apologize and be on my way. I also don't believe in soul mates anyway, and am generally not the sort of person who stops people I bang into for a chat because I think they were kinda hot.

I'm a realist and I'm fairly confident there's a plenty of girls perfectly suited to be my future bride. Evidently I can't find even one, and that's when I'm actually looking, so excuse me if I'm far from believing in fairy tale encounters.


You couldn't have said it better.

I completely agree with you.

But as for me, somedays, I really don't think there's a "soul mate" because that would mean that there is only ONE person out there for you in the entire world and how the hell are you suppose to find this ONE person if you are miles apart? I mean, you don't know who this ONE person is or where they are? So how the hell do you even find them?

IF you say destiny, well, destiny can be made so yea.


True, but that's only if you believe in destiny as more magical than it actually is. Destiny doesn't tend to work as a personal fair god mother to unlucky people, else that would mean many of us have got screwed big time. The same way you'd find someone whose a better guitar player than you, or a better video game player than you, there's always someone more suited to you, its just a matter of availability and actually being able to find them. If you do I wouldn't put it down to destiny so much as circumstance and luck. There are far more deserving people who don't get a second glance from this so called benevolent deity called Destiny.

11983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Anime world...
Offline
Posted 7/5/12

Doom-Desire wrote:


carmensakura07 wrote:


Doom-Desire wrote:

I dunno how a lot of people try to play out their fairy tales, but when I bang into someone I usually apologize and be on my way. I also don't believe in soul mates anyway, and am generally not the sort of person who stops people I bang into for a chat because I think they were kinda hot.

I'm a realist and I'm fairly confident there's a plenty of girls perfectly suited to be my future bride. Evidently I can't find even one, and that's when I'm actually looking, so excuse me if I'm far from believing in fairy tale encounters.


You couldn't have said it better.

I completely agree with you.

But as for me, somedays, I really don't think there's a "soul mate" because that would mean that there is only ONE person out there for you in the entire world and how the hell are you suppose to find this ONE person if you are miles apart? I mean, you don't know who this ONE person is or where they are? So how the hell do you even find them?

IF you say destiny, well, destiny can be made so yea.


True, but that's only if you believe in destiny as more magical than it actually is. Destiny doesn't tend to work as a personal fair god mother to unlucky people, else that would mean many of us have got screwed big time. The same way you'd find someone whose a better guitar player than you, or a better video game player than you, there's always someone more suited to you, its just a matter of availability and actually being able to find them. If you do I wouldn't put it down to destiny so much as circumstance and luck. There are far more deserving people who don't get a second glance from this so called benevolent deity called Destiny.



Agreed. It's more of compatibility with the person together with some luck and circumstances.
7375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / The World That Wa...
Offline
Posted 7/5/12

carmensakura07 wrote:


Doom-Desire wrote:


carmensakura07 wrote:


Doom-Desire wrote:

I dunno how a lot of people try to play out their fairy tales, but when I bang into someone I usually apologize and be on my way. I also don't believe in soul mates anyway, and am generally not the sort of person who stops people I bang into for a chat because I think they were kinda hot.

I'm a realist and I'm fairly confident there's a plenty of girls perfectly suited to be my future bride. Evidently I can't find even one, and that's when I'm actually looking, so excuse me if I'm far from believing in fairy tale encounters.


You couldn't have said it better.

I completely agree with you.

But as for me, somedays, I really don't think there's a "soul mate" because that would mean that there is only ONE person out there for you in the entire world and how the hell are you suppose to find this ONE person if you are miles apart? I mean, you don't know who this ONE person is or where they are? So how the hell do you even find them?

IF you say destiny, well, destiny can be made so yea.


True, but that's only if you believe in destiny as more magical than it actually is. Destiny doesn't tend to work as a personal fair god mother to unlucky people, else that would mean many of us have got screwed big time. The same way you'd find someone whose a better guitar player than you, or a better video game player than you, there's always someone more suited to you, its just a matter of availability and actually being able to find them. If you do I wouldn't put it down to destiny so much as circumstance and luck. There are far more deserving people who don't get a second glance from this so called benevolent deity called Destiny.



Agreed. It's more of compatibility with the person together with some luck and circumstances.


Which annoyingly seem to be in short supply at present, some of us really drew the short straw in life.
756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Hueco Mundo
Offline
Posted 7/5/12
I think so... i dunno xD
Posted 7/5/12
Normally I'm quite realistic. Well, my mum claims I'm cynical but I call it being realistic.

I did experience something that felt like it was "right out of a manga" - the kind of thing I'd imagine in my dreams.
My school is an International school so it's huge and there are a lot of people I don't know. During one of my free study lessons I was in the library and it was absurdly full. Out of chance, out of all the hundreds of people that were in the library, the back of a boy's head caught my attention.

I don't quite understand it myself but I suddenly felt drawn to him, I guess you could compare if to how the planets gravitate around the Sun. Naturally I shrugged it off assuming I would never see him again, that happened all too often at my school. Yet he kept popping up everywhere and I mean everywhere. I had never seen him before that day yet after that day it's rare that I don't see him.

Following this small series of events that alerted me and made me feel conscious around him despite assuring myself that in the sea of people he wouldn't notice me like I noticed him the typical awkward boy and shy girl manga plot took place. Yes, I'm talking about the shyness, awkward stares, fleeting glances and the many times we caught one another looking at each other.

After some time I decided to check our horoscope compatibility for fun (my mum believes in that stuff) and according to it him and I are the most compatible match and it claimed that our "connection will be obvious the moment you lay eyes on each other". Personally I don't believe in those sorts of things, nor do I think he truly notices me like I notice him but to me, just this feeling alone is enough to be pulled right out of a manga.
11983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Anime world...
Offline
Posted 7/8/12

Doom-Desire wrote:


carmensakura07 wrote:


Doom-Desire wrote:


carmensakura07 wrote:


Doom-Desire wrote:

I dunno how a lot of people try to play out their fairy tales, but when I bang into someone I usually apologize and be on my way. I also don't believe in soul mates anyway, and am generally not the sort of person who stops people I bang into for a chat because I think they were kinda hot.

I'm a realist and I'm fairly confident there's a plenty of girls perfectly suited to be my future bride. Evidently I can't find even one, and that's when I'm actually looking, so excuse me if I'm far from believing in fairy tale encounters.


You couldn't have said it better.

I completely agree with you.

But as for me, somedays, I really don't think there's a "soul mate" because that would mean that there is only ONE person out there for you in the entire world and how the hell are you suppose to find this ONE person if you are miles apart? I mean, you don't know who this ONE person is or where they are? So how the hell do you even find them?

IF you say destiny, well, destiny can be made so yea.


True, but that's only if you believe in destiny as more magical than it actually is. Destiny doesn't tend to work as a personal fair god mother to unlucky people, else that would mean many of us have got screwed big time. The same way you'd find someone whose a better guitar player than you, or a better video game player than you, there's always someone more suited to you, its just a matter of availability and actually being able to find them. If you do I wouldn't put it down to destiny so much as circumstance and luck. There are far more deserving people who don't get a second glance from this so called benevolent deity called Destiny.



Agreed. It's more of compatibility with the person together with some luck and circumstances.


Which annoyingly seem to be in short supply at present, some of us really drew the short straw in life. :(


Oh well.... We'll just have to deal with it. *sighs*
347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Las Noches, Heuco...
Offline
Posted 7/8/12
Zero, there is NO chance because there is NO such thing as soul mates, step out of your damn fantasy world, people are shallow and care for looks no matter how much they deny it.

Ask yourself this: There are two different people; one is SUPER hot and the other has been hit with the ugly stick repeatedly, they both have great personalities, a personality you claim to love a lot. The ugly one likes you more, which one would you go for?
47179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114 / M
Offline
Posted 7/8/12
I decided not to give my answer because most of what I read already covers my thoughts... Basically life isn't good or fantasy-like. Just make the best out of the tiny good parts.
First  Prev  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.