First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
THE REAL Sebastien Michaelis
Member
3500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

iwanai wrote:

Inquisition, burning stakes, demons...to me the character is clearly inspired by the historical figure.
Only that i don't think that he was that hot , or at least he no longer is ^.^
Nice research really:)


hello!!! thanks so much... and yeah!!! i truly truly believe that the real sebastian isn't as hot or not HOT at all like our sexy as sin BUTLER!!! kyaaaaaa!!! >_<

.
Member
3500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

iwanai wrote:

Inquisition, burning stakes, demons...to me the character is clearly inspired by the historical figure.
Only that i don't think that he was that hot , or at least he no longer is ^.^
Nice research really:)


hello!!! thanks so much... and yeah!!! i truly truly believe that the real sebastian isn't as hot or not HOT at all like our sexy as sin BUTLER!!! kyaaaaaa!!! >_<

.
Member
5976 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 11/3/08
lolol, now we know his history
Posted 11/4/08
thats so well researched and the fact that he does exist
Member
3500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/4/08

PrincessOfDarkDepressions wrote:

thats so well researched and the fact that he does exist


thank you!!!^^ and yeah.. the mangaka truly research about sebastian... ^^ so cool that she name him after the inquisitor and the man who research every classification of demons...
Member
12798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / queens, new york...
Offline
Posted 11/4/08
nice that was very enlightening and made perfect sense
Member
3500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/5/08

sweet_sacrifice777 wrote:

nice that was very enlightening and made perfect sense


Thanks ^^

Member
9803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Edward Cullen's Room
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
What a great history this man is
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / London
Offline
Posted 11/10/08
Just a random note to mention that if you watch the recent episode of Junjou Romantica, the main character goes to a rich house and meets a butler, who is just about to say, "My name is..."

But before the butler can answer, the kid says, "Sebastian!"

It had me in stitches.

What a great parody.

(BTW- The butler's name was Tanaka, but who cares...)
Member
3500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/10/08

MangaGirls123 wrote:

Just a random note to mention that if you watch the recent episode of Junjou Romantica, the main character goes to a rich house and meets a butler, who is just about to say, "My name is..."

But before the butler can answer, the kid says, "Sebastian!"

It had me in stitches.

What a great parody.

(BTW- The butler's name was Tanaka, but who cares...)



HAHA YOU KNOW WHY??? Hmmm... sebastian is like a - typical name for butlers - hmmm.... like - TAKA or TAMA for cats... hehehe - yeah i have the anime and manga of junjou and i was laughing out loud that time....

Oh, by the way - you know little mermaid's SEBASTIAN??? His like the Great king triton's Butler right? hehehehe...

743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / longing to be in JP
Offline
Posted 11/11/08
ohh, thanks for sharing, thats pretty cool =]
Member
192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 11/12/08

annaivida wrote:


MangaGirls123 wrote:

Just a random note to mention that if you watch the recent episode of Junjou Romantica, the main character goes to a rich house and meets a butler, who is just about to say, "My name is..."

But before the butler can answer, the kid says, "Sebastian!"

It had me in stitches.

What a great parody.

(BTW- The butler's name was Tanaka, but who cares...)



HAHA YOU KNOW WHY??? Hmmm... sebastian is like a - typical name for butlers - hmmm.... like - TAKA or TAMA for cats... hehehe - yeah i have the anime and manga of junjou and i was laughing out loud that time....

Oh, by the way - you know little mermaid's SEBASTIAN??? His like the Great king triton's Butler right? hehehehe...



YES. i just watched that episode and thought maybe the sebastian thing was just coincidence. the mangaka probably just wanted to give the butler a common name-- a commonly perceived BUTLER name. like mentioned in episode 5, sebs was like, 'it's the name my master gave me' OR something along those lines.
Member
3500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/12/08

perceiver wrote:


annaivida wrote:


MangaGirls123 wrote:

Just a random note to mention that if you watch the recent episode of Junjou Romantica, the main character goes to a rich house and meets a butler, who is just about to say, "My name is..."

But before the butler can answer, the kid says, "Sebastian!"

It had me in stitches.

What a great parody.

(BTW- The butler's name was Tanaka, but who cares...)



HAHA YOU KNOW WHY??? Hmmm... sebastian is like a - typical name for butlers - hmmm.... like - TAKA or TAMA for cats... hehehe - yeah i have the anime and manga of junjou and i was laughing out loud that time....

Oh, by the way - you know little mermaid's SEBASTIAN??? His like the Great king triton's Butler right? hehehehe...



YES. i just watched that episode and thought maybe the sebastian thing was just coincidence. the mangaka probably just wanted to give the butler a common name-- a commonly perceived BUTLER name. like mentioned in episode 5, sebs was like, 'it's the name my master gave me' OR something along those lines.


Hehehe yeah - and also - The mangaka aptly name him after Sebastien Michaelis (the french inquisitor and wrote the book of classification of demons which has passed into general use in esoteric literature. ^^
Member
24010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / yume no sekai -_-
Offline
Posted 11/15/08
real?

huh?
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 12/21/08
Uh........the manga-ka could've picked Sebastien for a million reasons. It's just ironic that in reality the real Sebastien was involved with the Inquisition and with sorcery and demons.

Besides, there's an old tv series from back in the 1960s called 'Family Affair' who had a butler/nanny named.....well...guess.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.