First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Youth vs Experience
3399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / singapore
Offline
Posted 4/24/07
as i said...youth is the time we have to gain experience.
566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Practicing my "co...
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
"everyone who is experienced,starts out as a youth" quote taken from words of one of the greek philosopher (i dont remember who it was......)
4977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The Black Order
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
i say young is better because you get some good qualities
5397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Copernicus, Moon
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
experienced!!

please click and visit^___^!!~ thankSs!!~
http://dmoongoddess.myminicity.com
2365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Arlington, TX and...
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
not all old people are out of shape just to let you guys know....i've seen people twice my age outrun 18 year olds.
372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Canada baby!
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
experience allow for "mature" decisions, but it also biases our way of thinking. if we're too stuck on what your experience of the world provides, then you lose your innovative side. you can get stuck in your box.

youthfulness is more energetic and less stuck in the box, but it also leads to immature decisions.

so i say medium age, whatever dat may b
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
physically, youth is better... you are more active in ur daily life... but experience is better...

through experience.. the mistakes made in the past makes you into a better person.. thru experience.. you gain wisdom and knowledge and prevent more mistakes made...
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
i support arsenal football club, so yeah, i go with youth
7718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
Well since your comparing someone in their 20s to someone in their teens as to who is better. Not what will be better.

Someone in their 20s is at their physical peak. So they're probably going to be stronger, bigger, faster, etc. They probably will be smarter, have more experience, and maturity. They have socialized longer so they also can have more stories and humor. Think about it. Almost everyone can look back to a few years back and think of things they could've done better or things they are better at now. You keep getting better at it. The thing that a teenager will probably do better at is absorb information better. The older you get, you absorb information at a slower rate.
Posted 1/26/08

pootato wrote:

i think youth is better
yeah sure experience is all good and stuff... but don't you find it that sometimes experience is holding you back from something you want to do?

i don't know, i see youth as.. adventure waiting to happen
as opposed to experience... i've gone through the adventure, what now?


Hmmm... "i see youth as.. adventure waiting to happen". It's your perspective on the subject, and it is interesting, but it' a bit flawed as well. Sure when you're young everything you see is somewhat new and exciting, but this also makes the young a liability, because they can not see what is really important and tend to stray often.

As for "i've gone through the adventure, what now?"... Honestly, it is a bit harder to learn things when a person is older, but depending on an individual's views, life is a lesson in learning within itself.

As for the topic, when it comes to physical tests "youth" wins by a slim margin, but when it comes to intelligence tests "experience" wins by leaps and bounds. Over all I say experience.
7718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

jesusosorio wrote:


pootato wrote:

i think youth is better
yeah sure experience is all good and stuff... but don't you find it that sometimes experience is holding you back from something you want to do?

i don't know, i see youth as.. adventure waiting to happen
as opposed to experience... i've gone through the adventure, what now?


Hmmm... "i see youth as.. adventure waiting to happen". It's your perspective on the subject, and it is interesting, but it' a bit flawed as well. Sure when you're young everything you see is somewhat new and exciting, but this also makes the young a liability, because they can not see what is really important and tend to stray often.

As for "i've gone through the adventure, what now?"... Honestly, it is a bit harder to learn things when a person is older, but depending on an individual's views, life is a lesson in learning within itself.

As for the topic, when it comes to physical tests "youth" wins by a slim margin, but when it comes to intelligence tests "experience" wins by leaps and bounds. Over all I say experience.


First, I don't know why the thread creator refers 23 as age/experience since it's still pretty young or in between.
Anyway, don't you think that someone in their 20s will probably be stronger and faster than someone in their teens? It's like comparing a professional/college athlete to a high school athlete. Our muscle reaction and strength peak in our 20s.
Posted 1/26/08

tobydiah wrote:


jesusosorio wrote:


pootato wrote:

i think youth is better
yeah sure experience is all good and stuff... but don't you find it that sometimes experience is holding you back from something you want to do?

i don't know, i see youth as.. adventure waiting to happen
as opposed to experience... i've gone through the adventure, what now?


Hmmm... "i see youth as.. adventure waiting to happen". It's your perspective on the subject, and it is interesting, but it' a bit flawed as well. Sure when you're young everything you see is somewhat new and exciting, but this also makes the young a liability, because they can not see what is really important and tend to stray often.

As for "i've gone through the adventure, what now?"... Honestly, it is a bit harder to learn things when a person is older, but depending on an individual's views, life is a lesson in learning within itself.

As for the topic, when it comes to physical tests "youth" wins by a slim margin, but when it comes to intelligence tests "experience" wins by leaps and bounds. Overall I say experience.


First, I don't know why the thread creator refers 23 as age/experience since it's still pretty young or in between.
Anyway, don't you think that someone in their 20s will probably be stronger and faster than someone in their teens? It's like comparing a professional/college athlete to a high school athlete. Our muscle reaction and strength peak in our 20s.


Woah, slow down guy... You honestly don't know me, or the way I think so it's best not to jump to conclusions based on age alone. I decided NOT to go into detail because, honestly, who the hell wants some super long drawn out explaination. Of course it's VERY likely some adult could beat a teen at a contest of strength, but you still can't rule out the fact that odd stuff does happen every now and then.

This topic is actually unbalanced, it literally depends on the two subjects being pitted against one another and their various experiences. Who's to say they both can't coexist together?
3068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
who says youngsters can't be experienced?
it just depends on who, where, and how
not the age...

young ppl can suffer as much as older ppl
it just depend on the situation...
7718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

jesusosorio wrote:


tobydiah wrote:


jesusosorio wrote:


pootato wrote:

i think youth is better
yeah sure experience is all good and stuff... but don't you find it that sometimes experience is holding you back from something you want to do?

i don't know, i see youth as.. adventure waiting to happen
as opposed to experience... i've gone through the adventure, what now?


Hmmm... "i see youth as.. adventure waiting to happen". It's your perspective on the subject, and it is interesting, but it' a bit flawed as well. Sure when you're young everything you see is somewhat new and exciting, but this also makes the young a liability, because they can not see what is really important and tend to stray often.

As for "i've gone through the adventure, what now?"... Honestly, it is a bit harder to learn things when a person is older, but depending on an individual's views, life is a lesson in learning within itself.

As for the topic, when it comes to physical tests "youth" wins by a slim margin, but when it comes to intelligence tests "experience" wins by leaps and bounds. Overall I say experience.


First, I don't know why the thread creator refers 23 as age/experience since it's still pretty young or in between.
Anyway, don't you think that someone in their 20s will probably be stronger and faster than someone in their teens? It's like comparing a professional/college athlete to a high school athlete. Our muscle reaction and strength peak in our 20s.


Woah, slow down guy... You honestly don't know me, or the way I think so it's best not to jump to conclusions based on age alone. I decided NOT to go into detail because, honestly, who the hell wants some super long drawn out explaination. Of course it's VERY likely some adult could beat a teen at a contest of strength, but you still can't rule out the fact that odd stuff does happen every now and then.

This topic is actually unbalanced, it literally depends on the two subjects being pitted against one another and their various experiences. Who's to say they both can't coexist together?


Since the thread creator compares his age group (age 23; who refers himself as the older side) to a younger age group (probably teens unless he means 20-22, which I have no idea why he would compare people 1-3 years apart), you don't think he is comparing the entire age group as a whole? If he meant to compare case by case scenario, he would've compared 2 specific people together or narrowed it down using another method. You say that you can't rule out the fact that odd stuff does happen every now and then. If something odd happens, isn't that the opposite of what typically happens? Biologically, a male human being in their 20s has more developed muscle fibers, their body has fully grown, puberty has probably peaked to allow a steady testosterone flow, and they will have more experience in thinking as well as having more experience in a sport for the difference of the years they lived. I still can't see how teenagers will have a slight physical advantage compared to people in their low to mid 20s. Yes. Some 200 pound, 17 year old football player will probably have a physical advantage over a 100 pound 23 year old who has never lifted a dumbbell in life. But the question is comparing the the different age groups as a whole. I mean, I done any experiments on this to compare the 2 groups in person; but, you don't believe that the average 23 year old overpowers the teenager in physical aspects? Honestly, I think the thread creator didn't form his question well.
Posted 1/26/08

everworld_gal wrote:

as i said...youth is the time we have to gain experience.


See? She is making perfect sense... Also, who's to say they both can't coexist together.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.