First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Youth vs Experience
47421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Australia.
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
a little of both
8385 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

jesusosorio wrote:


pootato wrote:

i think youth is better
yeah sure experience is all good and stuff... but don't you find it that sometimes experience is holding you back from something you want to do?

i don't know, i see youth as.. adventure waiting to happen
as opposed to experience... i've gone through the adventure, what now?


Hmmm... "i see youth as.. adventure waiting to happen". It's your perspective on the subject, and it is interesting, but it' a bit flawed as well. Sure when you're young everything you see is somewhat new and exciting, but this also makes the young a liability, because they can not see what is really important and tend to stray often.

As for "i've gone through the adventure, what now?"... Honestly, it is a bit harder to learn things when a person is older, but depending on an individual's views, life is a lesson in learning within itself.

As for the topic, when it comes to physical tests "youth" wins by a slim margin, but when it comes to intelligence tests "experience" wins by leaps and bounds. Over all I say experience.



hahaha yeah of course it depends on the individual, but im speaking in general terms =3

when i said "adventure waiting to happen", i based it on the fact that because youths haven't experienced as much in their lives, they're always trying out new things. and well.. i dont know about you, but i find trying new things exciting O_O... . anyway whether they become a liability or not doesn't affect the "first time" high experience. because when you try something new, a childs mind doesnt always think about the consequences, theyre concerned about what their doing and how much fun their having xD because were care free young folks who depend on our parents money/housing/food.. and we do stupid things that someone else usually covers for. ie our parents yet again. and youths being a liability isnt a matter that the youth is specifically concerned about, it is the adults who act as guardians to those youths that worry about that stuff .. so it doesnt count =P that just acts as more proof that youth is better (well.. in my opinion xD)

"on a dimmer note" when you're older, you've done them all, you have "experience" (supposedly). the "been there, done that attitude" =P. and if youre a wild child back in the days, then you know the consequences of doing this and that and what youre parents went through etc. so you actually think! a kid does things on impulse most of the time, thinking comes later, but they dont care about that.. they dont have the responsibilities of an adult.. not enough to care as much anyway. AND you also have liability to your kids (as you mentioned earlier) or grandchildren.. or just youngsters in general.. because youre the adult, youre the role model..and if they do something stupid, especially if theyre under 18, its the experienced person who is blamed. as in "they shouldve known better", "gosh youre the role model, its your fault this kid is acting stupid", "they shouldve had better guidance" etc etc. and because of all that , the experienced few hinders from trying something wild- a word usually associated with excitement (because it may set a bad influence on the youth). the responsibility weighs you down... almost paralyzing.

for example, when i was in high school, i stayed up late at night and i went out all the time. but now that im in college, theres always homework/exams/papers to do and to study for.. so i learned to think twice before committing myself to an outing, or to movie nights etc etc. because i have more responsibilities now.. and school is an utmost priority, therefore restricting me from doing things i consider fun. the more we progress in life, the more responsibilities are weighed on our shoulders, responsibilities brought upon us BECAUSE of experience xD

but yeah.. like you said, it depends on how you look at it
i just thought id clarify my earlier post =P
46432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Japan
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
Well I can't say that either one is better because youth is a great thing and so is experience. Being young, you go through many experiences which makes gain more knowledge and wisdom. I mean I know when I was younger, I always thought I was right and never really listened to what my parents were saying most of the time. But as I started to experience those things on my own, I realized that they were right and it was because they, too, had to go through the same experiences. You can't grow and learn without experiencing things. As you get older, the more experience you gain. I am still young and have a lot to learn but its because of those experiences that I can grow and gain more knowledge and wisdom. I mean, you can't say that adults are right ALL the time and that's because, even though they are wiser, they are still learning and experiencing things the older they get as well. But I can say that they are far more knowledgeable than a 13 year old. (That may not be true for everyone because there are adults that still act as if they are 10 but this is how I think it is generally)
46432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Japan
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

pootato wrote:

i think youth is better
yeah sure experience is all good and stuff... but don't you find it that sometimes experience is holding you back from something you want to do?

i don't know, i see youth as.. adventure waiting to happen
as opposed to experience... i've gone through the adventure, what now?


I see your point but look at it this way. Just because you have experience, why does the adventure stop there? You are constantly learning through life. Just because you are 40 or 50 with a lot of experience doesn't mean you aren't still experiencing things and learning. My mom always says, you are constantly learning as you go through life. So, really, the adventure doesn't have to stop just because you are wiser and more knowledgeable. That just comes with age. But life is a constant learning process. There is ALWAYS an adventure waiting to happen in life

2910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / With in the light
Offline
Posted 1/31/08
just dream about it
Posted 2/4/08

pootato wrote:


jesusosorio wrote:


pootato wrote:

i think youth is better
yeah sure experience is all good and stuff... but don't you find it that sometimes experience is holding you back from something you want to do?

i don't know, i see youth as.. adventure waiting to happen
as opposed to experience... i've gone through the adventure, what now?


Hmmm... "i see youth as.. adventure waiting to happen". It's your perspective on the subject, and it is interesting, but it' a bit flawed as well. Sure when you're young everything you see is somewhat new and exciting, but this also makes the young a liability, because they can not see what is really important and tend to stray often.

As for "i've gone through the adventure, what now?"... Honestly, it is a bit harder to learn things when a person is older, but depending on an individual's views, life is a lesson in learning within itself.

As for the topic, when it comes to physical tests "youth" wins by a slim margin, but when it comes to intelligence tests "experience" wins by leaps and bounds. Over all I say experience.



hahaha yeah of course it depends on the individual, but im speaking in general terms =3

when i said "adventure waiting to happen", i based it on the fact that because youths haven't experienced as much in their lives, they're always trying out new things. and well.. i dont know about you, but i find trying new things exciting O_O... . anyway whether they become a liability or not doesn't affect the "first time" high experience. because when you try something new, a childs mind doesnt always think about the consequences, theyre concerned about what their doing and how much fun their having xD because were care free young folks who depend on our parents money/housing/food.. and we do stupid things that someone else usually covers for. ie our parents yet again. and youths being a liability isnt a matter that the youth is specifically concerned about, it is the adults who act as guardians to those youths that worry about that stuff .. so it doesnt count =P that just acts as more proof that youth is better (well.. in my opinion xD)

"on a dimmer note" when you're older, you've done them all, you have "experience" (supposedly). the "been there, done that attitude" =P. and if youre a wild child back in the days, then you know the consequences of doing this and that and what youre parents went through etc. so you actually think! a kid does things on impulse most of the time, thinking comes later, but they dont care about that.. they dont have the responsibilities of an adult.. not enough to care as much anyway. AND you also have liability to your kids (as you mentioned earlier) or grandchildren.. or just youngsters in general.. because youre the adult, youre the role model..and if they do something stupid, especially if theyre under 18, its the experienced person who is blamed. as in "they shouldve known better", "gosh youre the role model, its your fault this kid is acting stupid", "they shouldve had better guidance" etc etc. and because of all that , the experienced few hinders from trying something wild- a word usually associated with excitement (because it may set a bad influence on the youth). the responsibility weighs you down... almost paralyzing.

for example, when i was in high school, i stayed up late at night and i went out all the time. but now that im in college, theres always homework/exams/papers to do and to study for.. so i learned to think twice before committing myself to an outing, or to movie nights etc etc. because i have more responsibilities now.. and school is an utmost priority, therefore restricting me from doing things i consider fun. the more we progress in life, the more responsibilities are weighed on our shoulders, responsibilities brought upon us BECAUSE of experience xD

but yeah.. like you said, it depends on how you look at it
i just thought id clarify my earlier post =P


Oh, okay. You're right too.
27021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / On the computer xD
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
experience would be better
728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/26/09
I think both. There's no point in having the experience to do something if you're too old to do it.
Posted 11/26/09 , edited 11/26/09
Youth, you can always gain experience, but you can't gain back your youth.
12244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Campbell, CA
Offline
Posted 11/26/09

Kelzhal wrote:

Obviously there are things that the young can do that us older guys can't and things we older guys can do that the young can't, but wich is truly better? Not just physicaly but also intellectually


you answered your own question.

physicaly younger people can always do things older people cant.

but metaly, emotionaly, speaking, the person who has experienced more in life will always be the leader.
2645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / What? Your mom di...
Offline
Posted 11/26/09
Interesting... Um..
I think I'm going with experience.
30256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Davao
Offline
Posted 11/26/09
I think it's youth. I always thought that you can appreciate even small things better when you're not so experienced.
96836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/26/09
Experience, cause youth gets to experience some stuffs, but later on, they WILL have to rely on their experience, thus minimizing any experimentation and stuffs.. Sigh, just plain experience.. >.>
Posted 11/26/09 , edited 11/26/09

azrael910 wrote:

experience by far...

just because you have the capability to so something doesn't mean you have the brains to do it when it's necessary.

i'm a 25 year old freshman in college - most of the people i'm in class with are 18-20. i've seen and done so much more than them it's absurd. and it's reflected in the difference between the decisions we make.

the only thing really frustrating is that they learn a lot quicker than i can, but i'm willing to out work them so it's an odd sort of balance.



I have the same thing as you, i'm only 20, but I have goals in my life that I am trying to shoot for. So even though i'm a slower than average learner, it doesn't matter as long as I put the extra effort into it, I reconive my problems and that enables me to work and get past them.

In the whole social asept, It always seem like every group of people has AT LEAST 1 or 2 kids with an enormous ego and among those, one will be completely outspoken. The ego boosters make it so either you lower your standards and act like a complete idiot, or you just won't fit in. I like to goof around time to time, but I just don't get how it's become the nonstop personality of these kids who think they could do anything in the world without any training, knowlege, or consequences. The worst part is the fact that they have zero respect for the people who have spent the time and effort to have this knowlege. Ignorance is bliss eh? More like a burden to everyone else.

The reason i'm so mature is probably sparked by the fact that i'm a second child 11 years difference from my bro. I grew up listening to my parents talk about their days in nam, and I even watched my bro as he was able to do seemingly anything he wanted. "Kinda my role model". He even became distinguished in the marine corps. Overall, I grew up learning alot more about the black, the white, and the grey in the world, and I sometimes feel like I don't belong in my age group at all, because my brother has already been through the "Stupid highschooler" age.

By the time I started highschool, my bro had already been out of the marines for a while, and at highschool It struck me that I naturally noticed how it was almost like I mentally grew up along side my brother with the added insight of my parents, when observing the behavior of my peers.
619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / in this psycholog...
Offline
Posted 11/26/09
Experience is the best teacher, though..

so we have to live with it..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.