First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply What punk is.
15511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Texas.........
Offline
Posted 4/17/08
I didnt say it was wrong to be differet. *sigh* I was just saying that there IS a difference, and that there ARE some people who get it confused.


I guess what I mean is that some people put too much emphasis on being "different".


Oh, fuck it anway...........


Kinda like the people who think you gotta DRESS punk if you'r a punk, or to be punk. >_>


yeah......nevermind. XP
Member
442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
yeah...punk is what it is to you or whoever.... i guess it's about wanting change with how things are now...that's how I feel.
15511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Texas.........
Offline
Posted 4/19/08 , edited 4/19/08

luvhk456 wrote:

yeah...punk is what it is to you or whoever.... i guess it's about wanting change with how things are now...that's how I feel.




That's definitely part of it.


Ah, punk is a funny thing. It's whatever you want it to be, think for yourself, and be free. However, the flip side of things is that there is absolutely punk DO's, and DON'T's. Part of what makes it kinda hard to explain, and very interesting. XD





On a side note:


I find it annoying that the latino punk movement tends to be influenced by socialist crap.




Think for yourselves damnit............



CRASS LYRICS
"Bloody Revolutions"

You talk about your revolution, well, that's fine
But what are you going to be doing come the time?
Are you going to be the big man with the tommy-gun?
Will you talk of freedom when the blood begins to run?
Well, freedom has no value if violence is the price
Don't want your revolution, I want anarchy and peace

You talk of overthrowing power with violence as your tool
You speak of liberation and when the people rule
Well ain't it people rule right now, what difference would there be?
Just another set of bigots with their rifle-sights on me

But what about those people who don't want your new restrictions?
Those that disagree with you and have their own convictions?
You say they've got it wrong because they don't agree with you
So when the revolution comes you'll have to run them through
You say that revolution will bring freedom for us all
Well freedom just ain't freedom when your back's against the wall

You talk of overthrowing power with violence as your tool
You speak of liberation and when the people rule
Well ain't it people rule right now, what difference would there be?
Just another set of bigots with their rifle-sights on me

Will you indoctrinate the masses to serve your new regime?
And simply do away with those whose views are too extreme?
Transportation details could be left to British rail
Where Zyklon B succeeded, North Sea Gas will fail
It's just the same old story of man destroying man
We've got to look for other answers to the problems of this land

You talk of overthrowing power with violence as your tool
You speak of liberation and when the people rule
Well ain't it people rule right now, what difference would there be?
Just another set of bigots with their rifle-sights on me

Vive la revolution, people of the world unite
Stand up men of courage, it's your job to fight

It all seems very easy, this revolution game
But when you start to really play things won't be quite the same
Your intellectual theories on how it's going to be
Don't seem to take into account the true reality
Cos the truth of what you're saying, as you sit there sipping beer
Is pain and death and suffering, but of course you wouldn't care

You're far too much of a man for that, if Mao did it so can you
What's the freedom of us all against the suffering of the few?
That's the kind of self-deception that killed ten million jews
Just the same false logic that all power-mongers use
So don't think you can fool me with your political tricks
Political right, political left, you can keep your politics
Government is government and all government is force
Left or right, right or left, it takes the same old course
Oppression and restriction, regulation, rule and law
The seizure of that power is all your revolution's for
You romanticise your heroes, quote from Marx and Mao
Well their ideas of freedom are just oppression now

Nothing changed for all the death, that their ideas created
It's just the same fascistic games, but the rules aren't clearly stated
Nothing's really different cos all government's the same
They can call it freedom, but slavery is the game

Nothing changed for all the death, that their ideas created
It's just the same fascistic games, but the rules aren't clearly stated
Nothing's really different cos all government's the same
They can call it freedom, but slavery is the game
There's nothing that you offer but a dream of last years hero
The truth of revolution, brother................... is year zero.



http://youtube.com/watch?v=_2J41GWf-wM


Member
442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/3/08
I love that song...great lyrics...i also like Punk Is Dead, even though I don't think punk is dead.
Member
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 1/3/09

mexicanopunx wrote:
(Actually, if we wanna get really specific, I'm gothic-punk. Which is goth, but still qualifies as punk. A hybrid, if you will, as goth evolved from punk in the first place)

Uh you mean Deathrock then?
15511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Texas.........
Offline
Posted 1/3/09 , edited 1/3/09

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


mexicanopunx wrote:
(Actually, if we wanna get really specific, I'm gothic-punk. Which is goth, but still qualifies as punk. A hybrid, if you will, as goth evolved from punk in the first place)


Uh you mean Deathrock then?




Nah, not death rock.



It's been a while, and I've evolved just as everyone else does.

Musically I'm into thrash metal now, which does take influence from hardcore punk which shows lyrically as well. Take for example, "Opressing the Masses" by Vio-lence, "Coma of Souls" and "Extreme Agression" by Kreator, "Ignorance" by Sacred Reich (NO, they're not nazis. It's sarcasm. I think), and there are plenty of other examples. Thus it has all that raw energy, and agression, but the refinement of metal.

When one thinks about it, there are a lot of similariteis between the tastes and sensibilities of metal and goth, I just hadn't figured it out yet.


Ultimately though, labels are limiting, and shouldn't be taken TOO seriously (I realize that more NOW than I used to), though one has to admit that there is a tendency to want to be a part of something and to take pride in that.

I consider myself for the most part a metal-head, but my image shouldn't be defined solely by that tag. We as individuals are multi-faceted beings (some less faceted than others).
Member
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

mexicanopunx wrote:
Nah, not death rock.



It's been a while, and I've evolved just as everyone else does.

Musically I'm into thrash metal now, which does take influence from hardcore punk which shows lyrically as well. Take for example, "Opressing the Masses" by Vio-lence, "Coma of Souls" and "Extreme Agression" by Kreator, "Ignorance" by Sacred Reich (NO, they're not nazis. It's sarcasm. I think), and there are plenty of other examples. Thus it has all that raw energy, and agression, but the refinement of metal.

When one thinks about it, there are a lot of similariteis between the tastes and sensibilities of metal and goth, I just hadn't figured it out yet.


Ultimately though, labels are limiting, and shouldn't be taken TOO seriously (I realize that more NOW than I used to), though one has to admit that there is a tendency to want to be a part of something and to take pride in that.

I consider myself for the most part a metal-head, but my image shouldn't be defined solely by that tag. We as individuals are multi-faceted beings (some less faceted than others).


Deathrock is a blend of punk and goth. There is no "Goth-Punk."
Labels are there for a reason. If we did not have labels, communication would fail as there would be no way to express specifics.

Metal and goth? There's no relation unless your thinking of Gothic/Doom Metal [which is not 'Goth' and is often called Posergoth or Mallgoth.] like Marilyn Manson, Cradle of Filth, etc.

15511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Texas.........
Offline
Posted 1/4/09 , edited 1/4/09

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


mexicanopunx wrote:
Nah, not death rock.



It's been a while, and I've evolved just as everyone else does.

Musically I'm into thrash metal now, which does take influence from hardcore punk which shows lyrically as well. Take for example, "Opressing the Masses" by Vio-lence, "Coma of Souls" and "Extreme Agression" by Kreator, "Ignorance" by Sacred Reich (NO, they're not nazis. It's sarcasm. I think), and there are plenty of other examples. Thus it has all that raw energy, and agression, but the refinement of metal.

When one thinks about it, there are a lot of similariteis between the tastes and sensibilities of metal and goth, I just hadn't figured it out yet.


Ultimately though, labels are limiting, and shouldn't be taken TOO seriously (I realize that more NOW than I used to), though one has to admit that there is a tendency to want to be a part of something and to take pride in that.

I consider myself for the most part a metal-head, but my image shouldn't be defined solely by that tag. We as individuals are multi-faceted beings (some less faceted than others).


Deathrock is a blend of punk and goth. There is no "Goth-Punk."
Labels are there for a reason. If we did not have labels, communication would fail as there would be no way to express specifics.

Metal and goth? There's no relation unless your thinking of Gothic/Doom Metal [which is not 'Goth' and is often called Posergoth or Mallgoth.] like Marilyn Manson, Cradle of Filth, etc.






I hear what you're saying.


I don't mean tht there are obvious similiarites, but there are similarities nonetheless, actually.......this sums it up pretty well.




And just look at Ozzy.......


But then again, that's true mainly in the extreme metal scene.


But, we're getting off-topic, and I don't feel like getting into that can of worms.......>_>......@_@





Member
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

mexicanopunx wrote:

I hear what you're saying.


I don't mean tht there are obvious similiarites, but there are similarities nonetheless, actually.......this sums it up pretty well.


And just look at Ozzy.......


But then again, that's true mainly in the extreme metal scene.


But, we're getting off-topic, and I don't feel like getting into that can of worms.......>_>......@_@


Metalhead is completely different than goth. Ozzy is not goth.

If you're into goth, I would suggest you check out a group of mine; http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Gothic_Subculture

Goth, in context, is defined as a subculture of people [or said people] who are fans of Goth Rock, a subgenre of Post-Punk. Though it has evolved past this, this is the etymological standard of the definition.
Many people now a-days misunderstand that goth is about wearing all black and acting dark and gloomy. That's a vast misconception.
15511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Texas.........
Offline
Posted 1/5/09

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


mexicanopunx wrote:

I hear what you're saying.


I don't mean tht there are obvious similiarites, but there are similarities nonetheless, actually.......this sums it up pretty well.


And just look at Ozzy.......


But then again, that's true mainly in the extreme metal scene.


But, we're getting off-topic, and I don't feel like getting into that can of worms.......>_>......@_@


Metalhead is completely different than goth. Ozzy is not goth.

If you're into goth, I would suggest you check out a group of mine; http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Gothic_Subculture

Goth, in context, is defined as a subculture of people [or said people] who are fans of Goth Rock, a subgenre of Post-Punk. Though it has evolved past this, this is the etymological standard of the definition.
Many people now a-days misunderstand that goth is about wearing all black and acting dark and gloomy. That's a vast misconception.





Look, I know all about the misconceptions about goth.


If you don't think there are similarities between goth and metalhead subcultures, that's fine. That's your opinion, and I have mine, let's leave it at that.
Member
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 1/5/09

mexicanopunx wrote:

Look, I know all about the misconceptions about goth.


If you don't think there are similarities between goth and metalhead subcultures, that's fine. That's your opinion, and I have mine, let's leave it at that.


Settle down, I'm just making conversation and stating simple facts.
Don't be so sensitive over the internet.
15511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Texas.........
Offline
Posted 1/5/09

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


mexicanopunx wrote:

Look, I know all about the misconceptions about goth.


If you don't think there are similarities between goth and metalhead subcultures, that's fine. That's your opinion, and I have mine, let's leave it at that.


Settle down, I'm just making conversation and stating simple facts.
Don't be so sensitive over the internet.



I'm sorry if I was coming across as sensitive.

I'm not on much, and I try to keep my energy diverted to anime for the most part. >_>
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.