First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Meditation
1914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Cav
Offline
Posted 10/31/08
Well just recently, ive been researching about meditation and how to meditate (ill keep the reasons for myself), though i felt quite different from what i really expect it to feel. as from what i research meditation is a way to clear the mind of any thoughts may it be negative or positive, and to reach a state of inner peace (as in not to think of work, of school, of problems, of anime ,of the internet, of anything) i followed just what the beginners guide to meditation said.

at first i cant seem to stop thinking of anything, i could either make humming sounds just to set my mind off from what im thinking, but then i feel like counting my breath. not like from what meditation is, counting is still considered as thinking so i was doing it wrong.

but when i finally manage to get to a state where, like from what meditation is described a state where you don't think of anything (inner peace), but then i suddenly felt a heavy swaying of my body, then i notice my breathe is getting shorter and shorter so i panicked and snapped out from meditation.

Has anyone here every tried meditation? does anyone ever experience that when meditating? am i doing something wrong?

(P.S if you see a duplicate of this thread and, if this is posted on a wrong section sorry and pls report it. just want the thread to be read by lots of posters in CR since most of the active poster are viewing the general threads.)
Posted 10/31/08
I think you are having a medi-gasm.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 10/31/08
You have to hold some mercury while you're doing it to help you relax.
19849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / Limbo
Offline
Posted 10/31/08
I'm on my way to achieving enlightenment so I can fly and shit.
1707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / F / Pearl of the Orient
Offline
Posted 10/31/08
I meditate a lot but the way I do it by thinking about something deeply but slowly letting it fade and settle in the back of my mind. It's like falling asleep but not, because you're still awake, but that still, steady feeling is awesome. Breathing is part of meditation, so you have to make sure you keep your breath steady. It adds to the peaceful factor. Deep and slow, breath in positivity, exhale the tense-ness. x3 Feels goooood.
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 10/31/08
Meditation is good. I got Dhalsim style Reed Richards limbs and blow Yoga Fire now...
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 10/31/08
The closest I ever got to meditating was taking yoga for a week. =__=;
It was great though, I really did feel relaxed. I've always wanted to retake that class, but been too busy to ever bother.
1914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Cav
Offline
Posted 10/31/08
argg.. some of the folks arent taking the thread seriously TT__TT, oh well internet. lol



ShockingVibes wrote:

I meditate a lot but the way I do it by thinking about something deeply but slowly letting it fade and settle in the back of my mind. It's like falling asleep but not, because you're still awake, but that still, steady feeling is awesome. Breathing is part of meditation, so you have to make sure you keep your breath steady. It adds to the peaceful factor. Deep and slow, breath in positivity, exhale the tense-ness. x3 Feels goooood.


well its just that i cant feel at peace for very long, if i can remember i could only feel peace for about 1-3mins but thats it, every thought that i was trying not to think about suddenly gets in my head after that, i remember panicking about my breath getting shorter as if i was trying to hold my breath but i never feel like catching my breath afterward... so its really weird.

1707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / F / Pearl of the Orient
Offline
Posted 10/31/08

jhaybz29 wrote:

argg.. some of the folks arent taking the thread seriously TT__TT, oh well internet. lol



ShockingVibes wrote:

I meditate a lot but the way I do it by thinking about something deeply but slowly letting it fade and settle in the back of my mind. It's like falling asleep but not, because you're still awake, but that still, steady feeling is awesome. Breathing is part of meditation, so you have to make sure you keep your breath steady. It adds to the peaceful factor. Deep and slow, breath in positivity, exhale the tense-ness. x3 Feels goooood.


well its just that i cant feel at peace for very long, if i can remember i could only feel peace for about 1-3mins but thats it, every thought that i was trying not to think about suddenly gets in my head after that, i remember panicking about my breath getting shorter as if i was trying to hold my breath but i never feel like catching my breath afterward... so its really weird.



I never thought of meditation as letting out the tenseness, in the way that you forget your thoughts, but more of letting go of the feeling your thoughts bring. Like, if you're worrying about money problems and can't seem to relax, you try to rid yourself of the stress so your mind is clear and leveled an dyou can think properly about what you're going to do. I've pretty much applied meditation in many aspect sof my life (especially school and love life xDD) and with time, it gave me a sense of no worries and a more positive state of mind.

You're probably worrying too much, subconsciously. It keeps coming back to you and all, so if that's the case, try and set them aside for a bit, and in those 3 minutes that you feel peace, take the time to let go of all stress and slowly and steadily think through your thoughts. It helps, plus you feel less overwhelmed and everything feels organized. :3
1914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Cav
Offline
Posted 10/31/08

ShockingVibes wrote:

I never thought of meditation as letting out the tenseness, in the way that you forget your thoughts, but more of letting go of the feeling your thoughts bring. Like, if you're worrying about money problems and can't seem to relax, you try to rid yourself of the stress so your mind is clear and leveled an dyou can think properly about what you're going to do. I've pretty much applied meditation in many aspect sof my life (especially school and love life xDD) and with time, it gave me a sense of no worries and a more positive state of mind.

You're probably worrying too much, subconsciously. It keeps coming back to you and all, so if that's the case, try and set them aside for a bit, and in those 3 minutes that you feel peace, take the time to let go of all stress and slowly and steadily think through your thoughts. It helps, plus you feel less overwhelmed and everything feels organized. :3


huaw.. thanks ill try doing that. but it will take a bit of a while to do it though...

1707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / F / Pearl of the Orient
Offline
Posted 10/31/08

jhaybz29 wrote:


huaw.. thanks ill try doing that. but it will take a bit of a while to do it though...



You'll know when you get the hang of it. Good luck. :3
Posted 10/31/08

jhaybz29 wrote:

Well just recently, ive been researching about meditation and how to meditate (ill keep the reasons for myself), though i felt quite different from what i really expect it to feel. as from what i research meditation is a way to clear the mind of any thoughts may it be negative or positive, and to reach a state of inner peace (as in not to think of work, of school, of problems, of anime ,of the internet, of anything) i followed just what the beginners guide to meditation said.

at first i cant seem to stop thinking of anything, i could either make humming sounds just to set my mind off from what im thinking, but then i feel like counting my breath. not like from what meditation is, counting is still considered as thinking so i was doing it wrong.

but when i finally manage to get to a state where, like from what meditation is described a state where you don't think of anything (inner peace), but then i suddenly felt a heavy swaying of my body, then i notice my breathe is getting shorter and shorter so i panicked and snapped out from meditation.

Has anyone here every tried meditation? does anyone ever experience that when meditating? am i doing something wrong?

(P.S if you see a duplicate of this thread and, if this is posted on a wrong section sorry and pls report it. just want the thread to be read by lots of posters in CR since most of the active poster are viewing the general threads.)




ShockingVibes wrote:


jhaybz29 wrote:

argg.. some of the folks arent taking the thread seriously TT__TT, oh well internet. lol



ShockingVibes wrote:

I meditate a lot but the way I do it by thinking about something deeply but slowly letting it fade and settle in the back of my mind. It's like falling asleep but not, because you're still awake, but that still, steady feeling is awesome. Breathing is part of meditation, so you have to make sure you keep your breath steady. It adds to the peaceful factor. Deep and slow, breath in positivity, exhale the tense-ness. x3 Feels goooood.


well its just that i cant feel at peace for very long, if i can remember i could only feel peace for about 1-3mins but thats it, every thought that i was trying not to think about suddenly gets in my head after that, i remember panicking about my breath getting shorter as if i was trying to hold my breath but i never feel like catching my breath afterward... so its really weird.



I never thought of meditation as letting out the tenseness, in the way that you forget your thoughts, but more of letting go of the feeling your thoughts bring. Like, if you're worrying about money problems and can't seem to relax, you try to rid yourself of the stress so your mind is clear and leveled an dyou can think properly about what you're going to do. I've pretty much applied meditation in many aspect sof my life (especially school and love life xDD) and with time, it gave me a sense of no worries and a more positive state of mind.

You're probably worrying too much, subconsciously. It keeps coming back to you and all, so if that's the case, try and set them aside for a bit, and in those 3 minutes that you feel peace, take the time to let go of all stress and slowly and steadily think through your thoughts. It helps, plus you feel less overwhelmed and everything feels organized. :3


The late Bruce Lee once said:


Don't think, feel!
It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.
Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.


Meditation to me is a way to get connected with my feelings. Because my thoughts can be faulty if my mind wasn't clear, but my feelings are the reflections caused by my surroundings. Humans have the ability to feel emotions because this helps us to understand each other better through empathy, and that's why we're social creatures.

So jhaybz29, just like what ShockingVibes was suggesting, I think you have pimped up stress accumulated from you daily life. You were neglecting those feelings because you were concentrating on your thoughts, and only when you just got into meditation that they hit you all at once. The proof is the way how your body was reacting; it's reacting exactly as a person would be when under heavy stress.

If you want true inner peace, then meditation is only a doorway to your journey of obtaining inner peace through strength. Your next step is to find your center, that inner voice which you're trying to protect with morality. Then from that point on, redefine your surroundings and brace yourself with courage. You'll be in for a surprise.
5342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Upstate NY
Offline
Posted 10/31/08
i used to meditate a lot
not real meditation though, i would just calmly sit there until my mind blanked and my body became reaaally heavy and then i'd snap out of it
i wish i could keep myself from snapping out
Posted 10/31/08
Come on.I'm a very lazy person.
Please don't post too long.
I won't read it.As for my opinion,
since I didn't read the whole thing
and I lost my interest
reading it, I don't know.
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 10/31/08

Kippu wrote:

The closest I ever got to meditating was taking yoga for a week. =__=;
It was great though, I really did feel relaxed. I've always wanted to retake that class, but been too busy to ever bother.


Meditation and Yoga is totally awesome. everybody knows Madonna practices it because she secretly wants Dhalsim style powers too....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.