First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
AMVMaker regulars
3336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Trudging on throu...
Offline
Posted 3/9/08
I have a question regarding the AMV of the Month competition:

Can a person enter an amv for one month, for example April, and then enter another amv for another month, say for example July? What I'm asking is if there's a limit to how many times a person can enter the AMV of the month contest.

Please let me know. Thanks.
Creator
1191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 3/11/08
Answered!!
AMVMaker regulars
6005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Why be a stalker ?
Offline
Posted 3/13/08
so u can enter as many times as u want, but the video that gets into amv of the year, will be the one with the next highest votes(I think thats wat u mean =\ ),why cant we choose what video goes into the yr contest,if u won multiple times, anyways,if it is amv of the yr, can u win with a gmv?
AMVMaker regulars
3336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Trudging on throu...
Offline
Posted 3/15/08

BoundariesOfLife wrote:

so u can enter as many times as u want, but the video that gets into amv of the year, will be the one with the next highest votes(I think thats wat u mean =\ ),why cant we choose what video goes into the yr contest,if u won multiple times?


Agreed. Why? I think it's only fair that we get to choose which of our videos we want to enter into the amv of the year competition, if we won multiple times.

What if one month, many people decide to vote and another month only three people vote? If you win both months, there is not enough information to tell which video is better just from how many votes it received. Hence, I think it would be more accurate if the creator of the amvs gets to choose which one he/she will enter. In this way people won't have complaints or regrets such as, "If my other amv was entered I would have won...blah blah blah..etc." Don't you agree?

In the end it's up to you though.
Creator
1191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
Im sorry but the creator should think of what AMVs they enter not have a grudge because they cannot choose which 'winning' AMV is in the end decided upon. If the creator does not feel that the AMV that has been chosen for them is not good then they should not have entered it. I am sticking by this decision. Im sorry if it upsets people but this was what was I had in mind from the beginning and to change it now would be breaking away from that.
AMVMaker regulars
3336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Trudging on throu...
Offline
Posted 4/14/08

Neeka wrote:

Im sorry but the creator should think of what AMVs they enter not have a grudge because they cannot choose which 'winning' AMV is in the end decided upon. If the creator does not feel that the AMV that has been chosen for them is not good then they should not have entered it. I am sticking by this decision. Im sorry if it upsets people but this was what was I had in mind from the beginning and to change it now would be breaking away from that.


That's fine. I was just trying to help you avoid future outbursts of angry members like the one we had before....
Creator
1191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
Im sorry if I sounded angry but I just needed to make sure that I wasnt going to change this, it was either that or make it so the winner could not enter in the competition for the rest of the year and I thought that was a bit harsh
AMVMaker regulars
6005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Why be a stalker ?
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
And what about the Year contest? Will it still commence just for fun ?
Creator
1191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 4/15/08
of course its still going to happen, I never said it wasnt.
Posted 4/30/08
Wow, this is kinda gettin heated up, its supposed to be just for fun the competitions right?
AMVMaker regulars
6005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Why be a stalker ?
Offline
Posted 5/1/08

Neeka wrote:

of course its still going to happen, I never said it wasnt.


cool ^^ looking foward to it
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.