Who is going to participate in NaNoWriMo?
Posted 10/31/08
NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. You pretty much have to try to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. It begins tonight (november 1st) at midnight and ends november 30. Just wondering if anyone is actually doing it.....I am ^^

www.nanowrimo.org
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 10/31/08
Sounds like a complete waste of time.
welook 
17499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / havent u noticed...
Offline
Posted 10/31/08
not just any waste of time, but a complete waste of time. lol thats cold.

Sounds boring though
3358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / in ur closet >:D
Offline
Posted 10/31/08
haha i'm too lazy to participate in those kinds of contests, but even if i tried i probably wouldn't win anyways, because my wonderful writing streak stopped in 4th grade >.<
53942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/31/08
And what are the benifits of this?
Do you get a prize?
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 10/31/08

Nyarth wrote:

And what are the benifits of this?
Do you get a prize?


I doubt it, if you got anything it would most likely be humilation as people laugh at how stupid your "winning" book was, or something along those lines.
2937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / San Francisco CA...
Offline
Posted 10/31/08 , edited 10/31/08
Actually writing a 50,000 word short novel with "Bed Scene" is an instant win in the competition.
4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 10/31/08
Sounds interesting... sadly I have the inability to finish anything I start...
53942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/31/08

Allhailodin wrote:


Nyarth wrote:

And what are the benifits of this?
Do you get a prize?


I doubt it, if you got anything it would most likely be humilation as people laugh at how stupid your "winning" book was, or something along those lines.


Lol yeah... But would people read a 50 000 word long novel you wrote just for the sake of it? or they would just laugh at the title... At least there should be a certificate or a plaque or something...lol
Posted 10/31/08
I am! Though I'm not too positive if I'd get dedicated.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 10/31/08

Nyarth wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Nyarth wrote:

And what are the benifits of this?
Do you get a prize?


I doubt it, if you got anything it would most likely be humilation as people laugh at how stupid your "winning" book was, or something along those lines.


Lol yeah... But would people read a 50 000 word long novel you wrote just for the sake of it? or they would just laugh at the title... At least there should be a certificate or a plaque or something...lol


In the end, its nothing more that a waste of time. Some stupid event someone came up with because they were bored.There's no real gain, so why waste your time on it ?
Posted 7/17/09
Outdated thread

~locked
You must be logged in to post.