First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
aw... i miss gintama >_
3954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Limbo
Offline
Posted 11/1/08



No, it isn't. Most anime companies these days had to make compromise by making cheap anime that aren't worth their efforts, because fansub groups just keep stealing from them.


I would have to disagree with you. Gintama is one of my favorite animes of all time. Its play on words is far more advanced than most animes right now. It is an extremely popular manga in Japan right now. There have been over 17,000,000 copies sold. The very first has passed the one mil mark, and this is all info from March of last year. I do not believe that this anime is 'cheap' like you claim.

It is one of those animes that is not always very well known, but all who have seen it (from my friends and people I speak with) have fallen in love with it. It also does have a bit of intellectual humor to it so I could see why some may not get it.


25126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / England
Offline
Posted 11/1/08

IchigoTales wrote:


lemon4life wrote:


Kairoshu wrote:


Nycor123 wrote:

Hey, does anybody knows why Gintama is taking its time for a new subbed episode?

p.s. a thread made out of boredom~


cus the b*****d non subbers nags saying "when is it subbed, why isnt it subbed, stop adding episodes thats already here! we want new ones, what are the f***ing subbers doing" that they got so f***ing pissed that they said to all

"Screw you b*****ds, LEARN SOME JAPANESE and sub it yourself you lazy f**k, why the hell are we wasting our time, subbing episodes while you guys nag the crap and complain in our guestbook. Go f**k yourself"

and thats why


i almost agree
but isn't it kind of unfair to tell everyone to learn japanese when most people who watch anime are students who don't have that much free time. i can understand that people nagging all the time is really annoying but if the subbers don't sub for ages is it to much to ask why and for them to give us a simple answer like: we're on holiday or something like that and not leave us on the edge of our seats asking why we haven't been able to watch the next episodes of our favorite anime.


She's not telling everyone to learn japanese. But thoese who keep spamming/complaining/whinning on forums (Just take a look on CR forums for example) and etc. Since they got that much free time to whine, they could better use the time to learn japanese instead.



Thank you, at last someone smart enough to understand who I'm pointing at. I honor you.
Posted 11/1/08

Petbe wrote:



Petbe wrote:

YuS-SHS are doing Gintama, but Yuurisan had some RL things to deal with so there was/is a short break. They are going to be releasing a 3 episode batch, so 88-90 will be released all at once. It wont be too long till it happens.

But patience people, Gintama is worth the wait.


DomFortress wrote:

No, it isn't. Most anime companies these days had to make compromise by making cheap anime that aren't worth their efforts, because fansub groups just keep stealing from them.


I would have to disagree with you. Gintama is one of my favorite animes of all time. Its play on words is far more advanced than most animes right now. It is an extremely popular manga in Japan right now. There have been over 17,000,000 copies sold. The very first has passed the one mil mark, and this is all info from March of last year. I do not believe that this anime is 'cheap' like you claim.

It is one of those animes that is not always very well known, but all who have seen it (from my friends and people I speak with) have fallen in love with it. It also does have a bit of intellectual humor to it so I could see why some may not get it.




Then could you tell me why the lack of originality in the anime series Gintama, that its plot follows heavily with the original manga? Why most of the series' gags and punch lines all based on existing pop cultures? Why the whole series remind us so much like South Park in essence? Why are fansub groups still stealing the series from Sunrise, when its production value cost per episode could be as low as 1/3 of it would've cost for Sunrise to make a singe episode of The Vision of Escalfowne 12 years ago?

The Gintama series is cheap because it's targeting at the cheap audiences, just like most of the new series. It's just business as usual, nothing personal. Sunrise knew that they aren't gonna make anime series worth their effort when fansub groups just keep stealing from them, so they made compromise when they upped for popularity like Gintama, and reduced production cost by eliminating originality during the creative process. It's cheap because it was made cheap for those who steal.

1379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / BOSTON
Offline
Posted 11/1/08
-Stands up for speech-
WE NEED GINTAMA FOR LAUGHS AND GIGGLES AND MORE. WE WILL GO AND PRAY TO OUR LIFE(IF YOU WANT) TO HAVE GINTAMA BACK ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cough~ (not blaming them but I'm desperate to see whats gonna be next)
3954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Limbo
Offline
Posted 11/1/08 , edited 11/1/08



Then could you tell me why the lack of originality in the anime series Gintama, that its plot follows heavily with the original manga? Why most of the series' gags and punch lines all based on existing pop cultures? Why the whole series remind us so much like South Park in essence? Why are fansub groups still stealing the series from Sunrise, when its production value cost per episode could be as low as 1/3 of it would've cost for Sunrise to make a singe episode of The Vision of Escalfowne 12 years ago?

The Gintama series is cheap because it's targeting at the cheap audiences, just like most of the new series. It's just business as usual, nothing personal. Sunrise knew that they aren't gonna make anime series worth their effort when fansub groups just keep stealing from them, so they made compromise when they upped for popularity like Gintama, and reduced production cost by eliminating originality during the creative process. It's cheap because it was made cheap for those who steal.



Haha wow. I am sorry but it is blatantly obvious your mind set and how you value anime, or what criteria you use to determine what is a good anime and what is bad. I think in terms of originality, Gintama far excels in originality than most new animes. You can't honestly tell me that there are 'original' animes being released, regardless of origins or fansubbed or not. It is humorous because of the referencing to preexisting anime. It is a test of what is already known. If one realizes the reference, then it is added to the humor. But if one does not see it, it is still humorous.

It is clear that your attacks are toward fansubbers and those who watch. It blinds your ability to actually have a discussion, since your bias screams out. I do not care rather someone likes Gintama or not, I do. But you are calling thousands and hundreds of thousands of people cheap, and I have that truly offensive. But I am done debating since what you want to debate is an entirely different subject and not worth the time wasted. Ja
1782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / home
Offline
Posted 11/1/08
Domfortress . .. . . ... . .rofl this guy seems like he works for "big brother" kekekekkekeke
1782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / home
Offline
Posted 11/1/08
though i do agree with him that it is a shitty anime with a shitty premise and i dropped it in like 2 episodes or less.. . .. . . .. .. ... . . ..anime like that needs 26 episodes MAX like seto no hanayome which by the way i did like a hell of alot more thenm gintama.. . . . .. still though Domfortress seems like he works for the anime police
25126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / England
Offline
Posted 11/1/08

DomFortress wrote:


Petbe wrote:



Petbe wrote:

YuS-SHS are doing Gintama, but Yuurisan had some RL things to deal with so there was/is a short break. They are going to be releasing a 3 episode batch, so 88-90 will be released all at once. It wont be too long till it happens.

But patience people, Gintama is worth the wait.


DomFortress wrote:

No, it isn't. Most anime companies these days had to make compromise by making cheap anime that aren't worth their efforts, because fansub groups just keep stealing from them.


I would have to disagree with you. Gintama is one of my favorite animes of all time. Its play on words is far more advanced than most animes right now. It is an extremely popular manga in Japan right now. There have been over 17,000,000 copies sold. The very first has passed the one mil mark, and this is all info from March of last year. I do not believe that this anime is 'cheap' like you claim.

It is one of those animes that is not always very well known, but all who have seen it (from my friends and people I speak with) have fallen in love with it. It also does have a bit of intellectual humor to it so I could see why some may not get it.




Then could you tell me why the lack of originality in the anime series Gintama, that its plot follows heavily with the original manga? Why most of the series' gags and punch lines all based on existing pop cultures? Why the whole series remind us so much like South Park in essence? Why are fansub groups still stealing the series from Sunrise, when its production value cost per episode could be as low as 1/3 of it would've cost for Sunrise to make a singe episode of The Vision of Escalfowne 12 years ago?

The Gintama series is cheap because it's targeting at the cheap audiences, just like most of the new series. It's just business as usual, nothing personal. Sunrise knew that they aren't gonna make anime series worth their effort when fansub groups just keep stealing from them, so they made compromise when they upped for popularity like Gintama, and reduced production cost by eliminating originality during the creative process. It's cheap because it was made cheap for those who steal.



yet they still successfully grant us hilarious scenes. Why complain that it's cheap when they still do a good job making alot of us laugh unlike some other animes. as for your questions

"Then could you tell me why the lack of originality in the anime series Gintama, that its plot follows heavily with the original manga?"

why the lack of originality? most animes nowadays follow a similar plot to the past animes, for example, gundam 00 was apparently a anime to recreate the feeling of gundam wing. Bleach, a similar path to dragon ball z. possibly the same with naruto and one piece, the main cahracter becomes stronger, gains new powers. Why the plot follows heavily with the original manga? isn't it ADAPTED from a manga therefore you expect MANGA parts to be in the anime.

"Why most of the series' gags and punch lines all based on existing pop cultures?"

A perfect answer for that would be, why shouldn't it be based on existing pop cultures? I rarely seen animes that make fun of real life pop and fashion.

"Why the whole series remind us so much like South Park in essence?"

not everyone watch south park, if you ment "us" as in the people who does, me, being one of those. I would say no, it doesnt have a south park essence, reason one being, it's from a totally different country, the art is TOTALLY different. it could possibly might because i dont watch south park as much as you

"Why are fansub groups still stealing the series from Sunrise"

right back at you, why are you watching gintama here, if not, why are you even replying in a gintama tread. why are you watching something that is "stolen"

come on, i would love to argue with you on this, seeing that you seem so smart
Posted 11/1/08

Petbe wrote:




Then could you tell me why the lack of originality in the anime series Gintama, that its plot follows heavily with the original manga? Why most of the series' gags and punch lines all based on existing pop cultures? Why the whole series remind us so much like South Park in essence? Why are fansub groups still stealing the series from Sunrise, when its production value cost per episode could be as low as 1/3 of it would've cost for Sunrise to make a singe episode of The Vision of Escalfowne 12 years ago?

The Gintama series is cheap because it's targeting at the cheap audiences, just like most of the new series. It's just business as usual, nothing personal. Sunrise knew that they aren't gonna make anime series worth their effort when fansub groups just keep stealing from them, so they made compromise when they upped for popularity like Gintama, and reduced production cost by eliminating originality during the creative process. It's cheap because it was made cheap for those who steal.



Haha wow. I am sorry but it is blatantly obvious your mind set and how you value anime, or what criteria you use to determine what is a good anime and what is bad. I think in terms of originality, Gintama far excels in originality than most new animes. You can't honestly tell me that there are 'original' animes being released, regardless of origins or fansubbed or not. It is humorous because of the referencing to preexisting anime. It is a test of what is already known. If one realizes the reference, then it is added to the humor. But if one does not see it, it is still humorous.

It is clear that your attacks are toward fansubbers and those who watch. It blinds your ability to actually have a discussion, since your bias screams out. I do not care rather someone likes Gintama or not, I do. But you are calling thousands and hundreds of thousands of people cheap, and I have that truly offensive. But I am done debating since what you want to debate is an entirely different subject and not worth the time wasted. Ja


You claimed that my statements were blatantly obvious, that I was being bias and thus I was blind. But you made no move to oppose any of my claims with facts, yet up to now I'm matching your statements case-by case.

According to the International Copyright Act, if any two articles from different creators proved to have over 30% of their content that are the same, then the later article had violated the copyright of the former, unless consents were given by the original creator. That being said, just how much percentage of contents do you think that the Gintama anime has that are the same as its manga original? And if you compare Shibakane Hime: Aka by Gainax with its manga original, you can clearly see the difference in the two. Now can you still claim that Gintama the anime is an original work, just like Shibakane Hime: Aka?

So don't you dare label me again while dodging my questions; am I right, yes or no? And if so, why?
Posted 11/1/08

Hitokiri-Battoussai wrote:

Domfortress . .. . . ... . .rofl this guy seems like he works for "big brother" kekekekkekeke


Are you one of those "takes one to know one" kind of guy? What's your claim about me based on?


Hitokiri-Battoussai wrote:

though i do agree with him that it is a shitty anime with a shitty premise and i dropped it in like 2 episodes or less.. . .. . . .. .. ... . . ..anime like that needs 26 episodes MAX like seto no hanayome which by the way i did like a hell of alot more thenm gintama.. . . . .. still though Domfortress seems like he works for the anime police


Is there really such a thing as this "anime police" that you're claiming? Why haven't I heard of it?


Kairoshu wrote:



yet they still successfully grant us hilarious scenes. Why complain that it's cheap when they still do a good job making alot of us laugh unlike some other animes. as for your questions

"Then could you tell me why the lack of originality in the anime series Gintama, that its plot follows heavily with the original manga?"

why the lack of originality? most animes nowadays follow a similar plot to the past animes, for example, gundam 00 was apparently a anime to recreate the feeling of gundam wing. Bleach, a similar path to dragon ball z. possibly the same with naruto and one piece, the main cahracter becomes stronger, gains new powers. Why the plot follows heavily with the original manga? isn't it ADAPTED from a manga therefore you expect MANGA parts to be in the anime.

"Why most of the series' gags and punch lines all based on existing pop cultures?"

A perfect answer for that would be, why shouldn't it be based on existing pop cultures? I rarely seen animes that make fun of real life pop and fashion.

"Why the whole series remind us so much like South Park in essence?"

not everyone watch south park, if you ment "us" as in the people who does, me, being one of those. I would say no, it doesnt have a south park essence, reason one being, it's from a totally different country, the art is TOTALLY different. it could possibly might because i dont watch south park as much as you

"Why are fansub groups still stealing the series from Sunrise"

right back at you, why are you watching gintama here, if not, why are you even replying in a gintama tread. why are you watching something that is "stolen"

come on, i would love to argue with you on this, seeing that you seem so smart


And you just agreed everything I just said, so what's there to argue?

Are you questioning my reason to be on crunchyroll, just because I know for a fact that fansub groups are stealing from the anime studios? I paid for my internet subscription fee just like you did with yours, so I have every rights to be here just as you do. The only difference is that I'm not gonna lie about why I'm here; to support anime subculture by telling it as it is.
1782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / home
Offline
Posted 11/1/08
your a copyright natzi
59156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / ♥┼◙┼♥...............
Offline
Posted 11/1/08
I don't watch gintama heard it was funny, is it a funny anime
862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / secret
Offline
Posted 11/1/08
Gintama is like the most horrible anime I have seen I had to stop after two episodes... if anyone thinks it gets alot better and wants to argue with me then argue because I thought it was horrible. o.0
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 11/1/08

Hitokiri-Battoussai wrote:

your a copyright natzi


what does nazi have to do with copyright laws??

last time i remember nazi were dictators
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 11/1/08 , edited 11/1/08

addictedanime wrote:

Gintama is like the most horrible anime I have seen I had to stop after two episodes... if anyone thinks it gets alot better and wants to argue with me then argue because I thought it was horrible. o.0


why the hell not

at least I find it more entertaining than seeing LOUISE and all her bitchy-ness in ZnT. enuff said
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.