First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Does the Mustang own up to the title "King of the Road"or would u recommend a different muscle car?
34166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 11/5/08
Viper's are not exotics. they have no cruise control, traction control, are very stiff rides and are very rough. That's how they are supposed to be. Muscle cars.
Posted 11/5/08
what about the corvette, does that count?
Posted 11/6/08

espada64 wrote:

Your choice! Just so u know, i didn't make up the title, that is what they say.


ya there king of the road i would drive one
651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Mississauga, ON,...
Offline
Posted 11/8/08
The Mustang is the best-selling sports car around and I am being very broad in the term sports car so do not jump on me (Do not have updated stats so not positive about that). Does king of the road refer to power of the car or the number of people that own the vehicle which means that the more there are they kind of annex the territory of the road? I myself find all these new makes of old classics a major dis-appointment. The only new car that has impressed me is the Dodge Magnum (I know its not a re-make but it was inspired by the Old Charger and Challenger). Although now the high fuel consumption makes the 5.7L Hemi undesirable the package right beneath it still packs a punch.
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/10/08

Gunguru wrote:

The Mustang is the best-selling sports car around and I am being very broad in the term sports car so do not jump on me (Do not have updated stats so not positive about that). Does king of the road refer to power of the car or the number of people that own the vehicle which means that the more there are they kind of annex the territory of the road? I myself find all these new makes of old classics a major dis-appointment. The only new car that has impressed me is the Dodge Magnum (I know its not a re-make but it was inspired by the Old Charger and Challenger). Although now the high fuel consumption makes the 5.7L Hemi undesirable the package right beneath it still packs a punch.


Certainly if king of the road refers to a mix of categories being the most sold/driven to the power of the car...

It'd probably be a dead heat between the entire mustang line versus the entire honda civic line.

Everywhere you go, there isn't a single parking lot i can think of where you WONT see a honda civic or a ford mustang.

However, if king of the road solely means the combination of the two, it's really difficult.

In my opinion it'll always be the Mitsubishi Evolution or Subaru STI. well... except for the new ones... they make me cringe.
2678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

RossoCorsa wrote:

"What they say" also applies to anyone and everyone.

Simply put, some 12 year old could say that the Pintos and Gremlins are kings of the road. Doesn't mean it's true.

Ford simply lost all it had good for it after the 70's.

Although the 'king of the road' title changes more often than most people change their underwear, I'd have to say the most balanced car to date would be the Mitsubishi Evolution series.


thou has spoken (the new evo 10 rules!)
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 11/16/08 , edited 11/16/08

Gunguru wrote:

The Mustang is the best-selling sports car around and I am being very broad in the term sports car so do not jump on me (Do not have updated stats so not positive about that). Does king of the road refer to power of the car or the number of people that own the vehicle which means that the more there are they kind of annex the territory of the road? I myself find all these new makes of old classics a major dis-appointment. The only new car that has impressed me is the Dodge Magnum (I know its not a re-make but it was inspired by the Old Charger and Challenger). Although now the high fuel consumption makes the 5.7L Hemi undesirable the package right beneath it still packs a punch.


Most of the sales I bet were from women. About 2 of every 10 Mustangs I see which is about 20+ in an outing are men owners. I sat inside of a new mustang at a ford stealership to try to understand why people women especially love them and was shocked on how terrible the design was. The hosts of top gear werent joking when the gear changes are like when you operate on the heavy levers on big machinery. The plastic sounded brittle from being exposed to the sun. I found 2 things that were ok with the car and that was the seat and the small steering wheel. I looked at the modified factory one an not surprisingly it has more non functional scoops than a ricer boys civic.
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

CaisterNatsumi wrote:

Viper's are not exotics. they have no cruise control, traction control, are very stiff rides and are very rough. That's how they are supposed to be. Muscle cars.


The Koenigsegg CCX does not have either of those features and is a stiff ride. Any of Dodge products just cant be supercar material. I mean trucks is the first think on your mind when you hear the name.
237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

veyron1001 wrote:


va2140929 wrote:



The new Dodge Challenger.

The Viper is more of an exotic than a muscle car really


Nothing exotic about a Viper. A Mazda rx8 could probable be a close match to the challenger as its a very slow car.


the RX-8 is not a muscle car......
237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/16/08
isnt this tread about muscle cars and not imports? the GT40 is the best in my opinion
237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/17/08
lol correction on the GT40 i meant the GTO
1226 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/17/08
dodge challenger or chevy camaro
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/17/08

darkprojex wrote:


veyron1001 wrote:


va2140929 wrote:



The new Dodge Challenger.

The Viper is more of an exotic than a muscle car really


Nothing exotic about a Viper. A Mazda rx8 could probable be a close match to the challenger as its a very slow car.


the RX-8 is not a muscle car......


He's saying the rx8 could possibly match or outperform the new challenger. (which it can, with exception with its top of the line hemi... but even then it's still slow as paint drying).

No one said it's a muscle car. we're just using it for reference because all most people use rx8's for is to sit and look pretty.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.