First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Ominous Activities in China
295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 4/24/07

n0odle wrote:

Don't look at China's army for WWIII, look at North Korea's nukes.


why? china's army is giantic they it larger than any other in the world
14434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Moving around or...
Offline
Posted 4/24/07

SeraphAlford wrote:

I’ve been researching and studying a lot about the modern military expenditures of various nations recently. (That and other such topics. More for fun than anything else.) Glancing over my notes I was immediately bothered that Saudi Arabia spends 10.00% of its GDP on their military. However, they don’t seem (as far as I’m aware) to have much economical control over America so it didn’t bother me.

China, however, appears to be developing their economy in such a way that they may be able to have great control over rival nations. Their focus on the development of high-tech weaponry for example. It didn't bother me until I went more indepth on the entire thing. Also, more directly frightening, they’ve been increasing their military spending rapidly for over a decade. I believe they’ve increase it every years since 1990. Relatively this is a short period of time and may not mean much, however it still frightens me. Their also being shockingly opaque about their operations and reasons for the rapid developments.

Recently (I’m not 100% sure how this name is spelt) Jiang Inzhu announced China would increased their military budget by just bellow 18%. (o.2% shy) This adds over 350 billion yuan to the budget. It’s also not the first sudden and severe increase seen since the tern of the millennium. Their average increase from year to years is 15%, but in 2002 (or 2001, I’m not sure.) They’re military budget grew by nearly 20%.
We have reason to suspect that these publicly announced increases are only the tip of the ice-berg. (This is all according to the current united states deputy secretary of state, [I’m pretty sure that’s his title…] Mr. Negroponte.)

Beijing was also upset with America for selling missiles to Taiwan. However, the People’s Liberation Army recently developed a jet called the J-10. It’s their first jet of such a high technological level. They’ve also been test-launching anti-satellite missiles. Their sudden devotion to the development of high-tech weaponry seems to have more offensive inspiration than the Chinese government is willing to admit. It’s eerie to me. They claim they’re developing for defense against Taiwan, but if this is true then I don’t understand why they were upset about the missile sail to Taiwan. The missiles were strictly designed and intended for defensive purposes. This is my own connection; it may be mislead because I may not have all the information necessary to make a proper judgment call.

Is there anyone else who finds all of this scary? Do you believe their military spending increases are for defensive measures, or do you think China has more bellicose long term goals? I’m not sure but I’m leaning towards the latter. What actions do you think should be taken by the various governments? Do you think this may lead to a war? If so do you think this will be a war on large scale? Personally I think that Taiwan should be very nervous...

Oh, just to keep people properly informed about the topic: GDP= Gross Domestic Production. Also, America spends 6 times more money on their military than China themselves, so it may not be as aggressive for China to increase their own spending after all. America spends more money on their military than any other nation. (Though we only spend about 4% of our GDP on it.) I think they spend more than the next twenty nations put together.




WHAT!!! HOW DARE U.S. GIVE TAIWAN MISSLES!!! THATS HORRIBLE!!! Gosh, this might be the first time a world war will major in asia =p hopefully if there is one China will be able to bring the war to the west =p, hmm yeah North Korea might have a bigger chance of starting the war with lovable Kim Jong in charge, i been noticing lately but alot of things have been happening lately in Asia from the Middle East to the South East

32841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / london
Offline
Posted 4/24/07 , edited 4/12/08
cows go moo
11035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / WPG, Canada♥
Offline
Posted 4/24/07
hmm i dont want WWIII.
793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 4/24/07
No one in the world really wants a world war III, no one has wanted a world war after the first one. We've been trying to avoid one for fifty some years now. We somehow manged to make it through the cold war without one, but there is a good chance it might happen sooner or later, whether it will start in Asia, the middle east, or elsewhere. As of yet, people aren't worried enough to build bomb shelters in their backyards.
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 4/24/07
You know what I think? I think this thread sucks. Everyone think China is a threat cuz they make more money. We got North Korea blowing up nukes and US is still fucking Iraq for WMDs, which they don't got.
942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/24/07

n0odle wrote:

You know what I think? I think this thread sucks. Everyone think China is a threat cuz they make more money. We got North Korea blowing up nukes and US is still fucking Iraq for WMDs, which they don't got.

quoted for the truth
this world is getting more and more fucked.

942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/24/07
plus the freaking population
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/24/07

kamisama603 wrote:

I personally don't think China has the capabilities to match up against the US currently. But they might in 25-50 years from now. They are still lacking in many aspect in their military.... like their navy or airforce can't compare to the US.

I think its more of an Economic war... like having every other nations depended on their exports.... so if you cut them off... they be screwed.
or like how China is buying hundreds billions of dollars of US bonds...

so if they start asking for their money back... the US would be screwed too...


I disagree. I don’t think China has yet gained a level of Economic supremacy, but I predict they will in the future if things continue as they are. I do agree with the first part of your post. Currently I don’t think China could compare to America in any way. And they wouldn’t try to either.


Gt-racing wrote:


n0odle wrote:

Don't look at China's army for WWIII, look at North Korea's nukes.


so true, North Korea is more Cho then China.


tanyuj wrote:
this does not apply in HK....HK is different...


definitiy



Yes, N Korea’s Nukes are spooky too. But, that’s another topic.

What’s so special about HK?


kris07 wrote:

As their economy rises they're gonna need more oil. I think that they're preparing for when the time comes, they'll invade and take over all of the untapped oil sources for their country.


Interesting theory… *Thinks* Religiously that scares me because of my religions predictions of the end times… Spooky.


angelangel wrote:

China wants to be an impreialistic country. They want to control everything in their domain and curtail a little thing called free thought. They want the kids brought up in China to revere and respect their nation and see nothing beyond their nation and they try to achieve this objecitve by banning all outside influences.

China's militaristic government freely crushes opinion and riots against the military and the government therefore it lies and promotes opinions and riots against other countries.
Over the centuries, the main Han group of China absorbed or invaded many Seperate ethnic groups. 52 are recognized of the 400+ distinct groups. China also invaded Thailand, Burma, Vietnam and Taiwan within the past 1,000 years. History shows that China is even more imperialistic than even England and France. (In my opinion WWI started becuase of England and France's imperialistic natures and their monopoly on creatin colonies...)

Just to let you know:
Imperialism is the policy of extending a nation's authority by territorial acquisition or by the establishment of economic and political hegemony over other nations, countries, or colonies. This is either through direct territorial conquest or settlement, or through indirect methods of influencing or controlling the politics and/or economy.


Yes, yes, I know what Imperialism is. Thanks though, I hate having to look things up when I’m already being submitted to a mass of reading just to get everyone’s opinions and comments… I agree with most of your post. I can’t see anything that I disagree with actually. But, I’m not completely educated in the social programs or political ethos of China. Just their economy. So, my words not at all golden on this matter. Nor is my tongue silver. I’m certainly not being eloquent, am I? You, however, presented that quite well. I commend you.

Cronosilver… LMAO. You’re a funny dude.


mushroomjay wrote:

World War III would be a continuation of WWII which involved Axis forces V.S. Allies. It's a common mistake, no blame.

However in a war involving all nations V.S. China would be very, VERY bizarre. Not to mention close.

However, I think we should take care of the current threats out there. (As well, I'm very happy to see you more active on the forums Seraph. Not to mention the amazing (at least at CR) topic posts. I'm impressed to see a second paragraph in anyones first posts here.)


Thanks. My health has been failing me as of late I’m not always in the mindset to drag my body out of bed and jump onto CR for a debate… Besides that, I’m busy with school work. As I mentioned above I’m not only expected to take care of my own grades but also other people’s. It’s a total drag.

Well, I didn’t mean to suggest it would be a gang-bang on China. I’m sure China’s allies would be involved in such a war. Yes, I think it would come down to a clash between the Axis of Evil and the Allies. Oh, educate me would you? Who all was on the Axis? I may already know, but that would be trusting wikapedia….


johnnylee wrote:


n0odle wrote:

Don't look at China's army for WWIII, look at North Korea's nukes.


why? china's army is giantic they it larger than any other in the world


That’s out dated information. China recently shrank their giant standing army into a leaner force. I think they number in at like…what was it? 40,000? That’s not at all a massive army. What scares me about them is their weapons.

As far as the comment about why China would be ominous but not America: America has always been a military buff, and yet she hasn’t launched any imperial campaigns on anyone. China, on the other hand, has a history of trying to invade and capture territory. That was before they began to focus on their military… Also, America is very transparent and open with their military expenditures compared to China.


WHAT!!! HOW DARE U.S. GIVE TAIWAN MISSLES!!! THATS HORRIBLE!!! Gosh, this might be the first time a world war will major in asia =p hopefully if there is one China will be able to bring the war to the west =p, hmm yeah North Korea might have a bigger chance of starting the war with lovable Kim Jong in charge, i been noticing lately but alot of things have been happening lately in Asia from the Middle East to the South East


Oh, I’m sure China wont need to. No, America will just jump into it without any real reason… We apparently love war. Things that have nothing to do with us! What! Sweden had a riot! They crushed it? Destroy those who appose their rebellion! :p I wish America would mind its own… Then again, historically speaking, I’m glad they haven’t in the past…


neomanxl wrote:

china is a threat because they make more money. More money equals a greater military, and as history has shown, many things can be accomplished with a great military.


China’s GDP is tiny compared to Americas… I think… :p, without my books at my side I’m very nervous to state things as fact!

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/print/ch.html

That website seems pretty accurate. If you like you can read over it and educate yourself about China a bit more. I learned quite a bit from it… Though I only gave it a brief glance because I mostly prefer my books.
10576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 4/24/07
WWIII would most likely involve nuclear weapons. this would ultimately create chaos, and anarchy.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/24/07
...I doubt it. What nation would be fool-hardy enough to start a nuclear war? Still, I guess nobody would have these weapons if nobody was going to use em... So who knows. Well, if there was a nuclear war then that would be just about it for Human kind. I'd move to some tiny island out in the middle of the ocian.. Course, then I'd get some horrible mutation from drinking water that is pulluted with the radiation of nukes... Well, roaches, I envy you.
793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 4/24/07
Well no, but certain individuals will, for things such as genocide. There is also no good reason why any country has a large stock pile of nukes, but some do.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/24/07

notruthinaworldoflies wrote:

Well no, but certain individuals will, for things such as genocide. There is also no good reason why any country has a large stock pile of nukes, but some do.


I agree with the first part of your post. The second part, however, I do not agree with. There is plenty of reason. It's like a game of chicken. We're all bluffing are butts off to keep from a nuclear war. Most nations don't intend to use their nukes except to retaliate on a nuclear attack against them...

Posted 4/24/07
Well from what I read... Iran is rejecting the U.N's request to get rid of their nukes...
They basically said...
"We don't give a damn about the U.S. or the U.N. and if you want a piece of us... come and get it, and we'll make sure you'll regret it"

of course not in those exact words... but thats basically what they said from what I read.

So maybe not World War III but a nuke war could happen...
3399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / singapore
Offline
Posted 4/24/07
haha...i remember reading somewhere...in a fiction book...how in the future we will have a 60 second war...haha...all the nukes all over the world will blow up and that will be the end of us. it's scray...but it also might happen.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.