First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
The Anime Fansub Groups, Stealing From Anime Studio One Episode At A Time
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Heretic's Keep
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

zendude wrote:


DemonWithin912 wrote:


zendude wrote:


This is actually needs more speculation, meaning numbers and statics, proof. I do remember posting something here on Strike Witches and sales, but I doubt that the number of import buyers are significant, yet.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-10-12/strike-witches-dvd-volume-1-sells-11000-copies


*looks at statistic*

Now I believe that if you put anime into the mainstream then it would sell well.

Though, many things related to the anime can either reduce/improve the sale, even if it is in the mainstream.

For Gonzo to put their anime on Youtube and Crunchyroll, it could help sale in America a whole lot more as well.




Well, since it is the first of its kind, a legitimate company sub stream (sorry for the use of long adjective), it is something worth taking note of. The Anime itself is second rate, but again, the popularity and fuss over it might have played a factor on the sales.

Something that is needs to be taken note of is how many on the podcast sites, other than Japan, more specifically North America, actually watched the series on Youtube, crunchyroll, and BOST tv. How much market potential does this Anime actually have outside of Japan?

I actually don't know if countries like the Philippines and Asian countries got the opportunity to watch Strike Witches. Even if they did and want the DVD, the best that they could obtain the DVDs is through importing.


First of all, giving a damn about countries like Philippines would be a bad move, Seeing that piracy in that country is clearly very rampant.


Something that is needs to be taken note of is how many on the podcast sites, other than Japan, more specifically North America, actually watched the series on Youtube, crunchyroll, and BOST tv. How much market potential does this Anime actually have outside of Japan?


A very big potential, seeing that BOST-TV torrents were one of the factors why many people want to buy the DVD box sets(other than the uncensored scenes and the popularity), In SW's case, It's the fansubbed versions that boosted it's sales for the DVD Box sets.
12803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Child predators c...
Offline
Posted 11/2/08
Ooh, interesting information.
Crunchyroll has an Alexa internet traffic rank of around 500.
Gonzo, on the other hand, has an Alexa traffic rank of about 130,000.

In specifically Japan -
Gonzo has a traffic rank of 13,100.
Crunchyroll has a rank of arond 2,400.

In the USA -
Crunchyroll has a rank of 350.
Gonzo has a rank of 630,000 (the site IS in Japanese, though).

Anyways, Gonzo will get a lot more traffic seeing their name plastered around when they cut deals like this with crunchyroll.
14835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/2/08 , edited 11/2/08
I believe Fansubs bolster an anime's popularity by a whole lot, but it really does come down to the consumer.

If the consumer can get it for a far smaller cost or in the internet spectrum [practically nill] then the larger companies can not keep up with the stock they have and die out.

For example, Geneon USA.

I'm not saying that fansubbers killed off a whole company, but the internet had to have some part in it.
66098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

Erehe wrote:

First of all, giving a damn about countries like Philippines would be a bad move, Seeing that piracy in that country is clearly very rampant.


Something that is needs to be taken note of is how many on the podcast sites, other than Japan, more specifically North America, actually watched the series on Youtube, crunchyroll, and BOST tv. How much market potential does this Anime actually have outside of Japan?


A very big potential, seeing that BOST-TV torrents were one of the factors why many people want to buy the DVD box sets(other than the uncensored scenes and the popularity), In SW's case, It's the fansubbed versions that boosted it's sales for the DVD Box sets.


Ha. That's a good one.

Yes, I already mentioned that Strike Witches sales are partly due to streaming.
The thing I really want to know is how many foreigners are buying/importing the DVDs this time around when compared to traffic and views, considering areas and countries.

And also, out of curiosity, I want to see the site where they are selling the DVDs.
I bet that the ones buying are really hardcore Anime fans since they have an R2 DVD player.


necoyama wrote:

Ooh, interesting information.
Crunchyroll has an Alexa internet traffic rank of around 500.
Gonzo, on the other hand, has an Alexa traffic rank of about 130,000.

In specifically Japan -
Gonzo has a traffic rank of 13,100.
Crunchyroll has a rank of arond 2,400.

In the USA -
Crunchyroll has a rank of 350.
Gonzo has a rank of 630,000 (the site IS in Japanese, though).

Anyways, Gonzo will get a lot more traffic seeing their name plastered around when they cut deals like this with crunchyroll.


Source please.
12803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Child predators c...
Offline
Posted 11/2/08 , edited 11/2/08

zendude wrote:



Source please.


http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/crunchyroll.com

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/gonzo.co.jp

Of course, it's hard to determine anything with just traffic rankings.
Posted 11/2/08 , edited 11/2/08

DemonWithin912 wrote:

I believe Fansubs bolster an anime's popularity by a whole lot, but it really does come down to the consumer.

If the consumer can get it for a far smaller cost or in the internet spectrum [practically nill] then the larger companies can not keep up with the stock they have and die out.

For example, Geneon USA.

I'm not saying that fansubbers killed off a whole company, but the internet had to have some part in it.


However, it would take far less for small companies like anime studios to die out. Those that are still around are either got bought out, or are barely surviving buy breaking-even. With anime studios like Gonzo and Toei want to survive by marketing on the internet via streaming, the fansub groups with their illegitimate practice must make ways, unless they wish to challenge the creators with altered copies of their own works.

Now here's something to consider, once all anime studios are licensing their series on podcast sites and no longer on Japanese TV stations. There won't be illegitimate raw files for fansub groups to alter with. Not to mention that when anime got licensed on podcast, fansub groups must stop releasing online due to copyright act.
66098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

necoyama wrote:


zendude wrote:



Source please.


http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/crunchyroll.com

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/gonzo.co.jp

Of course, it's hard to determine anything with just traffic rankings.


True, but it is an indicator of what is more preferred. Though, it can't really tell specifically what is being watched. Thanks.
20300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 11/2/08
is this the reason why most of the good ones are license here in cr?...
and many people in youtube got locked for they uploaded a certain vid....
38556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The place where o...
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

kaname08 wrote:

is this the reason why most of the good ones are license here in cr?...
and many people in youtube got locked for they uploaded a certain vid....


maybe
and the fact that they did not get the permission from the creators or the one who license them
14835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

kaname08 wrote:

is this the reason why most of the good ones are license here in cr?...
and many people in youtube got locked for they uploaded a certain vid....



That could be a reason, but it is breaking the Copyright Infringement of the the source.
12803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Child predators c...
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

zendude wrote:


necoyama wrote:


zendude wrote:



Source please.


http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/crunchyroll.com

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/gonzo.co.jp

Of course, it's hard to determine anything with just traffic rankings.


True, but it is an indicator of what is more preferred. Though, it can't really tell specifically what is being watched. Thanks.


No, but that's (ostensibly) why the Gonzo and other sponsored stuff gets slapped on the front page.
12803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Child predators c...
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

zendude wrote:


necoyama wrote:


zendude wrote:



Source please.


http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/crunchyroll.com

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/gonzo.co.jp

Of course, it's hard to determine anything with just traffic rankings.


True, but it is an indicator of what is more preferred. Though, it can't really tell specifically what is being watched. Thanks.


Yes, but that's (ostensibly) why the Gonzo and similarly sponsored stuff is slapped on the front page.
66098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/2/08 , edited 11/2/08

necoyama wrote:


zendude wrote:


necoyama wrote:


zendude wrote:



Source please.


http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/crunchyroll.com

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/gonzo.co.jp

Of course, it's hard to determine anything with just traffic rankings.


True, but it is an indicator of what is more preferred. Though, it can't really tell specifically what is being watched. Thanks.


Yes, but that's (ostensibly) why the Gonzo and similarly sponsored stuff is slapped on the front page.


I wonder how much is Shinji is making on this deal. "LAWL"
38556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The place where o...
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

zendude wrote:


necoyama wrote:


zendude wrote:


necoyama wrote:


zendude wrote:



Source please.


http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/crunchyroll.com

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/gonzo.co.jp

Of course, it's hard to determine anything with just traffic rankings.


True, but it is an indicator of what is more preferred. Though, it can't really tell specifically what is being watched. Thanks.


Yes, but that's (ostensibly) why the Gonzo and similarly sponsored stuff is slapped on the front page.


I wonder how much is Shinji is making on this deal. "LAWL"


that is something we will never know
66098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

riku911 wrote:


zendude wrote:



I wonder how much is Shinji is making on this deal. "LAWL"


that is something we will never know


Do you think that BasouKazuma know? "LAWL"
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.