Created by drawbridge
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
What kind of martial arts do you do?
770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M / Classified Info
Offline
Posted 11/2/08
i only do Kung Fu
1844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / In The Abyss
Offline
Posted 11/2/08
Wanna take up one but they all seem to be done very badly...
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 11/2/08
i dont do any. i can street fight and thats all u need.
49 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Vermont, USA
Offline
Posted 11/2/08
I've done Aikido and Iaido for a year. I like training on my own from books more though... even if I don't really get it right, it's more creative. *spins a sword around and takes off an ear* X3
5561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Neverland
Offline
Posted 11/2/08 , edited 11/2/08
I dont do that stuff but, i do watch sometimes when I go with my friend to his class
9803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Edward Cullen's Room
Offline
Posted 11/2/08
Don't do any of that stuff
13092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/08
I do Tae-kwon-do and used to do martial arts.
Posted 11/2/08
o.o i box and i wrestle and i street fight, but no official training
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

Shabbernigdo wrote:

i dont do any. i can street fight and thats all u need.


all martial arts trained for street fighting is just street fighting...fighting is fighting, reguardless of how you do it...peace over war
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

RagTanium wrote:

o.o i box and i wrestle and i street fight, but no official training


isnt street fighting mostly amature boxing and wrestling? peace over war
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

KariKun wrote:

Wanna take up one but they all seem to be done very badly...


What do you mean by done badly? peace over war
Posted 11/2/08

JJT2 wrote:


RagTanium wrote:

o.o i box and i wrestle and i street fight, but no official training


isnt street fighting mostly amature boxing and wrestling? peace over war


kinda , but sometimes its just wild swings

the boys i fought with just swings wildly .____.'' and they cuoldnt wrestle me coz since im still a girl and they're stilll stronger than me i learned how to get away from grapples and wat not

o.o oh and they tend to use >_> w.e they can hold as weapons
1844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / In The Abyss
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

JJT2 wrote:


KariKun wrote:

Wanna take up one but they all seem to be done very badly...


What do you mean by done badly? peace over war


I mean that they all only have basics, and advanced stuff is never that advanced at all, I even know some guys who took martial arts, well more specifically karate but they are still weak and can't fight all that well.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

KariKun wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


KariKun wrote:

Wanna take up one but they all seem to be done very badly...


What do you mean by done badly? peace over war


I mean that they all only have basics, and advanced stuff is never that advanced at all, I even know some guys who took martial arts, well more specifically karate but they are still weak and can't fight all that well.


fights are based on individuals, not styles.And usually advanced moves (when learned as a combat style) are relativly simple and effective.All that flashy stuff that is seen in movies are fake. They dont work and its not really martial arts. Real moves are very simple and effective.

Example: an advancement from a jab is simply a straight punch.the straight has more power then the jab.The jap can be used as a combination for the straight.the jab can set up the straight for a clean shot.Its simple, but advanced. And theres a lot you can do with it.If you have ever seen any one fight before, you would know real fighting is ugly and random. So matial arts trained for fighting must be ugly and random.Flashy doesnt work.

So when you say "badly" it should be a good thing when you want to fight for the street.Some advanced grappling moves tend to get a little more complex, but at the same time they usually lose thier combat effectiveness- whats simplest is usually more effective...peace over war

184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / HappyEvilFunLand
Offline
Posted 11/2/08

martial arts that rly work in real fights arent
pretty most of the time
its
no-holds-barred is the only way i can put it
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.