First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Is it really THAT fun to laugh at other people's deaths??
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 11/3/08
Very sorry to hear about your friend, but people are more insensitive on the internet, you know....
Posted 11/3/08

rexxar wrote:



aight chill,its true i evevn had up the article, but yeah report this topic


For the record, i did not and have no desire to report this topic, and i don't need to chill, i was just answering your question, not attacking you.


ok, thank you for answering my question (non sarcastic)
Posted 11/3/08

h4x0rz wrote:

Very sorry to hear about your friend, but people are more insensitive on the internet, you know....


*sighs* i guess so
27007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / AUSTRALIA
Offline
Posted 11/3/08
Sorry to hear that<3

Don't care about those stupid bastards who comment here. Ô.o
Nothing nice to write? Don't comment -_-
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

rexxar wrote:


trnjackie23 wrote:


rexxar wrote:


trnjackie23 wrote:

Last night i made a topic about my friend who got shot by basturd and they havent found out the guy yet, my friend was just an innocent teen sitting on the bus.
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1108/566416.html
Yet these jerks(im not telling names) come and say "boohoo ppl die everyday" or just laughs at it, is it really that fun?? i dont think so i bet they wouldnt want people to laugh when someone close of them died. well, thats all you can reprt it if you think its lame or whatever.


This is the wrong place to mourn.


well, yeah i know that, im not mourning, im going to his house on wedsday to mourn with his family. Im just saying why ppl find its funny to laugh at other ppls death


Okay, some of things:
1) You posted in the wrong place, this is not a forum for dead notices.
2) We don't know him, the impact is greatly reduced or no effect at all.
3) Just because someone say it, especially on the internet, we don't know for sure if it is true.
4) Alot People DO die everyday, do not think you are more important than the others.

So in conclusion, people find it is okay for being an asshole and laugh at someone's death for the reason above.





You're justifying the fact a person made fun of another's random murder?

1) How the fuck is this a reason for a guy to be an asshat? Maybe the girl wanted to tell people that some guys can actually shoot a random kid and get away with it?

2) Just because you don't know him personally you can just poke fun of him? It automatically doesn't make that guy a person?

3) What the hell? Please make sense.

4) People do die everyday, but not always is it a random act that a person just gets away with. Even if it's not the most uncommon thing in the world, it doesn't make it okay.

Conclusion: You can't come up with good points.
4552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/3/08 , edited 11/3/08

HokiePokie wrote:


rexxar wrote:


trnjackie23 wrote:


rexxar wrote:


trnjackie23 wrote:

Last night i made a topic about my friend who got shot by basturd and they havent found out the guy yet, my friend was just an innocent teen sitting on the bus.
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1108/566416.html
Yet these jerks(im not telling names) come and say "boohoo ppl die everyday" or just laughs at it, is it really that fun?? i dont think so i bet they wouldnt want people to laugh when someone close of them died. well, thats all you can reprt it if you think its lame or whatever.


This is the wrong place to mourn.


well, yeah i know that, im not mourning, im going to his house on wedsday to mourn with his family. Im just saying why ppl find its funny to laugh at other ppls death


Okay, some of things:
1) You posted in the wrong place, this is not a forum for dead notices.
2) We don't know him, the impact is greatly reduced or no effect at all.
3) Just because someone say it, especially on the internet, we don't know for sure if it is true.
4) Alot People DO die everyday, do not think you are more important than the others.

So in conclusion, people find it is okay for being an asshole and laugh at someone's death for the reason above.





You're justifying the fact a person made fun of another's random murder?

1) How the fuck is this a reason for a guy to be an asshat? Maybe the girl wanted to tell people that some guys can actually shoot a random kid and get away with it?

2) Just because you don't know him personally you can just poke fun of him? It automatically doesn't make that guy a person?

3) What the hell? Please make sense.

4) People do die everyday, but not always is it a random act that a person just gets away with. Even if it's not the most uncommon thing in the world, it doesn't make it okay.

Conclusion: You can't come up with good points.


Justifying? i am just making theories on why people would want to laugh at people's death.

1) This is a entertainment site primary for teens and young adults, and that crowd came with immature people, trolls, freaks, and a KinkyHamster. You can't expect all of them to be an angel. someone is going to be an asshole.

2) I am not saying we should poke fun at him because we don't know him, i am saying the impact of his death won't affect strangers that much. If someone close to that asshole who made fun of him died, then it wouldn't be so funny for him now right?

3) I am saying don't believe what everyone tell you, especially on the internet, because the internet is law-less and have little to no consequence when you say something. So people tend to lies. With this thought in mind, people will have doubts no matter how convincing a thing is.

4)i am not saying if it is okay or not, just saying the fact: people die everyday, you are just one of them.

In conclusion: read and think before you say something.
Posted 11/3/08 , edited 11/3/08
i laugh at everything. i know, i am an arsehole....kill me for it.

i tend to make jokes about death in general, because it makes it easier to bear, at least for me that is.
death is part of life. some die in a tragic way, some die while having sex, shit happens, and because it's part of your life, you should start to get used to it. yes, it is sad. but a little joke here and there helps sometimes to make the whole thing easier.
Erehe 
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Heretic's Keep
Offline
Posted 11/3/08
For some unknown reason, I find some deaths funny that i actually laugh at it, Dunno why?

27007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / AUSTRALIA
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

rexxar wrote:


HokiePokie wrote:


rexxar wrote:


trnjackie23 wrote:


rexxar wrote:


trnjackie23 wrote:

Last night i made a topic about my friend who got shot by basturd and they havent found out the guy yet, my friend was just an innocent teen sitting on the bus.
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1108/566416.html
Yet these jerks(im not telling names) come and say "boohoo ppl die everyday" or just laughs at it, is it really that fun?? i dont think so i bet they wouldnt want people to laugh when someone close of them died. well, thats all you can reprt it if you think its lame or whatever.


This is the wrong place to mourn.


well, yeah i know that, im not mourning, im going to his house on wedsday to mourn with his family. Im just saying why ppl find its funny to laugh at other ppls death


Okay, some of things:
1) You posted in the wrong place, this is not a forum for dead notices.
2) We don't know him, the impact is greatly reduced or no effect at all.
3) Just because someone say it, especially on the internet, we don't know for sure if it is true.
4) Alot People DO die everyday, do not think you are more important than the others.

So in conclusion, people find it is okay for being an asshole and laugh at someone's death for the reason above.





You're justifying the fact a person made fun of another's random murder?

1) How the fuck is this a reason for a guy to be an asshat? Maybe the girl wanted to tell people that some guys can actually shoot a random kid and get away with it?

2) Just because you don't know him personally you can just poke fun of him? It automatically doesn't make that guy a person?

3) What the hell? Please make sense.

4) People do die everyday, but not always is it a random act that a person just gets away with. Even if it's not the most uncommon thing in the world, it doesn't make it okay.

Conclusion: You can't come up with good points.


Justifying? i am just making theories on why people would want to laugh at people's death.

1) This is a entertainment site primary for teens and young adults, and that crowd came with immature people, trolls, freaks, and a KinkyHamster. You can't expect all of them to be an angel. someone is going to be an asshole.

2) I am not saying we should poke fun at him because we don't know him, i am saying the impact of his death won't affect strangers that much. If someone close to that asshole who made fun of him died, then it wouldn't be so funny for him now right?

3) I am saying don't believe what everyone tell you, especially on the internet, because the internet is law-less and have little to no consequence when you say something. So people tend to lies. With this thought in mind, people will have doubts no matter how convincing a thing is.

4)i am not saying if it is okay or not, just saying the fact: people die everyday, you are just one of them.

In conclusion: read and think before you say something.


Did you click on the link?
There's a news report and video clip.


4552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/3/08 , edited 11/3/08


So? is there anything that can confirm a relation between the OP and the decease?
And i don't think there was a news link yesterday.
Posted 11/3/08
Boards survive based upon what the community wants. Usually something like this would go in a thread where you talk about your day, but this is a bit more complicated than that. There is conflict in this topic because trnjackie23 made it very personal, and most users are keeping their responses very general.

Specifically, trnjackie23 has just experienced something that is making her question the appropriateness of humor in death. For the sake of keeping this available for the greater community, we should keep this topic broad, because a ragtag community of geeks is never going to give trnjackie23 peace for the friend she has lost.

Personally, I have never found a friend dying funny. But at the same time, dark comedy is the paperback pornography of the humor spectrum. The Darwin Awards http://darwinawards.com/ is a site that chronicles people dying in inauspicious ways, arguable for the overall improvement of the gene pool. Any comedian who says "what, did I say it too soon?" just told a joke at the expense of a dead person or great tragedy. Dead baby jokes are ridiculously popular considering that they are never appropriate. Humanity, including yours truly, is pretty sick as a whole and I beg you not to let humor get between you and your memories.

People have laughed all my life, I can only hope they'll laugh just as hard when I'm gone. Find peace knowing atleast someone got something out of it, that it wasn't 100% loss for all.
26 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / California
Offline
Posted 11/3/08
I think in a movie it is funny if it is delivered in an ironic way. When to comes to real life situations I by no means find death funny. That is a real person that we are talking about. They were someones child, friend, maybe even had children or brothers and sisters. I think that it is a bit messed up to laugh at some one getting murdered. Try to think if it was your family member or friend it would not be so funny then would it? Then I understand that there are still immature people out there that get kicks off of others misfortunes because they are miserable with their own lives.
Posted 11/3/08

KaliC07 wrote:

I think in a movie it is funny if it is delivered in an ironic way. When to comes to real life situations I by no means find death funny. That is a real person that we are talking about. They were someones child, friend, maybe even had children or brothers and sisters. I think that it is a bit messed up to laugh at some one getting murdered. Try to think if it was your family member or friend it would not be so funny then would it? Then I understand that there are still immature people out there that get kicks off of others misfortunes because they are miserable with their own lives.


*claps claps* well said.
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

HokiePokie wrote:


makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

The person stated a fact, perhaps he didn't know you were close to him... Sure you get pissed when someone laughs at the death of a person you know, because he/she is your friend. Not being able to see he/she again pains you only to have someone making a joke out of it. On the other hand, you neither does the dead have any connections with that person. To them, its just another grave dug. Death is something one should not joke about. But humans are all different in terms of personality and opinions. It saddens you but, that's just life. People die that's why we have to cherish each other.

To cut it short, No its not fun to laugh at someone's death. But I would if it the C.O.D were funny..


Just because people die everyday doesn't mean there is any justification to act so rudely to people who just lost someone they knew. The person stated a fact, true, but the person didn't have to say it in such a rude way. Plus apparently that person also MOCKED her... You may not know the guy killed or the girl mourning, but you can still show at least some sympathy.


Like I said, both persons have no connection and thus, no feelings of sympathy. With people dying everyday, its just become apart of life and nobody takes it seriously, its just another death. To them, sympathy and mourning is pointless since it won't resurrect or redo anything. Its their way of telling you to, move on.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 11/3/08
It depends on how they died, if someone got shot, then its not as funny if someone fell from a high place onto something like a car or a parking meter. I would totally laugh at that, but people getting shot has no comical value to me. It all depends on how the person dies. But real-life death, can be absolutely hilarious at times. It all depends on how they died, which directly relates the the comical value of that persons death. But yea I laugh at people's death if I find it funny.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.