First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Sexism in anime?
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 11/3/08
hahaha, i didn't know this is some topic to be fighting over about.

but yea, it all depends on what genre u like to watch. i personally prefer shoujo, so many animes i watch has girls as main characters but i also like some animes that is not shoujo, such as full metal alchemist, such an awesome anime totally love it..... I have never liked watching animes that is sexist as u describe in the first place, such as bleach, naruto, prince of tennis, they just don't interest me, and i seriously hate love hina and shows that is similar.

So let me just say, whether an anime is good or not has nothing to do whether is based on girls or guys, it's the storyline that interests fans most of the time and what really keep them fans.... but there are quite often animes that just aimed to please or attract a specific type of audience, and i see no problem with that even though i do not like it since i won't even be watching it.. so enough said.

let me just name some shoujo animes, you all forgot to mention the very classic Sailormoon!!!!!!
there are many others too, such as: full moon wo sagashite, Azumanga daioh (characters all girls, cute and funny, love it ), Magic knight rayearth, Cardcaptor Sakura, Kodomo no Omocha, Ultra Maniac, Wedding peach (kinda copy of sailormoon), Mermaid Melody (so childish), kamikaze kaitou jeanne, Special A, Saiunkoku monogatari , Ouran Highschool Host Club, Shugo Chara, Saint Tail, and the list goes on and on.......
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lo222ok wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

When was the last time you saw the main character of an anime to be a female? probably 90% of all animes have males for the leading role and women to support them (not to mention probably half of them show that women cook and clean and stuff)


your a dumbass....if you actually watch them all, then you would know....since you havent seen all the animes...then your statement is truly false!
Statistically, there are thousands of animes right now...
i agree that males are the most main characters, but you are over exaggerating...90%?
Seriously?
I would have to say 49% female and the rest is male...
but its natural.... Its been like this for thousands of generations...MALE is The HEAD of the family.......The person who runs the house...dont take this personally from me.....because its been throughout history....
You agree?? Or disagree??qoute it and tell me why


well sorry for not being an anime fucktard like you

i have a life you know

so why the hell are you bitching about something that you know nothing about and trying to seem intelligent


aww are you offended cuz your an anime fucktard too

first of all he called me a dumbass.

second of all, when did i try to make myself seem intelligent


first of all i am not offended cause I happen to like anime I am offended that you seem to think that people that like anime are "fucktards" great use of proper English by the way and second you say you have a life yet when i look you have over 600 CR points so that means you spend some time here to accumulate those points last the intelligent thing was my observation was due to the lack of my attention at the first post and you stating a question



i don't give a fuck if you were insulted or not. o and btw i got this from your profile

play alot of online games love anime and manga my favorite charater in a game is Gan Ning from dynasty warriors. my favorite anime is Battle Programmer Shirase, Negima, Mahoraba ~heartful days~, and many more.

I dont think you should be saying others don't have a life especially when you don't either (btw nice japanese song on your profile. Do you even speak japanese)

hai so desu yo baka!


Jesus christ go kill yourself




why just because i bothered to learn Japanese????


Jesus Christ do you think learning a few simple phrases from anime is "learning japanese"?



not that it is any of your information im taking japanese at school


yeah because every school considers japanese as one of the major languages to learn

nice try. At least make up a story that is BELIEVABLE?
428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / In a computer Class
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lo222ok wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

When was the last time you saw the main character of an anime to be a female? probably 90% of all animes have males for the leading role and women to support them (not to mention probably half of them show that women cook and clean and stuff)


your a dumbass....if you actually watch them all, then you would know....since you havent seen all the animes...then your statement is truly false!
Statistically, there are thousands of animes right now...
i agree that males are the most main characters, but you are over exaggerating...90%?
Seriously?
I would have to say 49% female and the rest is male...
but its natural.... Its been like this for thousands of generations...MALE is The HEAD of the family.......The person who runs the house...dont take this personally from me.....because its been throughout history....
You agree?? Or disagree??qoute it and tell me why


well sorry for not being an anime fucktard like you

i have a life you know

so why the hell are you bitching about something that you know nothing about and trying to seem intelligent


aww are you offended cuz your an anime fucktard too

first of all he called me a dumbass.

second of all, when did i try to make myself seem intelligent


first of all i am not offended cause I happen to like anime I am offended that you seem to think that people that like anime are "fucktards" great use of proper English by the way and second you say you have a life yet when i look you have over 600 CR points so that means you spend some time here to accumulate those points last the intelligent thing was my observation was due to the lack of my attention at the first post and you stating a question



i don't give a fuck if you were insulted or not. o and btw i got this from your profile

play alot of online games love anime and manga my favorite charater in a game is Gan Ning from dynasty warriors. my favorite anime is Battle Programmer Shirase, Negima, Mahoraba ~heartful days~, and many more.

I dont think you should be saying others don't have a life especially when you don't either (btw nice japanese song on your profile. Do you even speak japanese)

hai so desu yo baka!


Jesus christ go kill yourself




why just because i bothered to learn Japanese????


Jesus Christ do you think learning a few simple phrases from anime is "learning japanese"?



not that it is any of your information im taking japanese at school


yeah because every school considers japanese as one of the major languages to learn

nice try. At least make up a story that is BELIEVABLE?

here is my highs schools website japanese is an offered course
http://www.narbonnehigh.org/apps/classes/show_all_classes.jsp?termREC_ID=&rn=8670725
Posted 11/3/08

LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lo222ok wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

When was the last time you saw the main character of an anime to be a female? probably 90% of all animes have males for the leading role and women to support them (not to mention probably half of them show that women cook and clean and stuff)


your a dumbass....if you actually watch them all, then you would know....since you havent seen all the animes...then your statement is truly false!
Statistically, there are thousands of animes right now...
i agree that males are the most main characters, but you are over exaggerating...90%?
Seriously?
I would have to say 49% female and the rest is male...
but its natural.... Its been like this for thousands of generations...MALE is The HEAD of the family.......The person who runs the house...dont take this personally from me.....because its been throughout history....
You agree?? Or disagree??qoute it and tell me why


well sorry for not being an anime fucktard like you

i have a life you know

so why the hell are you bitching about something that you know nothing about and trying to seem intelligent


aww are you offended cuz your an anime fucktard too

first of all he called me a dumbass.

second of all, when did i try to make myself seem intelligent


first of all i am not offended cause I happen to like anime I am offended that you seem to think that people that like anime are "fucktards" great use of proper English by the way and second you say you have a life yet when i look you have over 600 CR points so that means you spend some time here to accumulate those points last the intelligent thing was my observation was due to the lack of my attention at the first post and you stating a question



i don't give a fuck if you were insulted or not. o and btw i got this from your profile

play alot of online games love anime and manga my favorite charater in a game is Gan Ning from dynasty warriors. my favorite anime is Battle Programmer Shirase, Negima, Mahoraba ~heartful days~, and many more.

I dont think you should be saying others don't have a life especially when you don't either (btw nice japanese song on your profile. Do you even speak japanese)

hai so desu yo baka!


Jesus christ go kill yourself




why just because i bothered to learn Japanese????


Jesus Christ do you think learning a few simple phrases from anime is "learning japanese"?



a little reminder:
learning japanese and knowing japanese are completely different.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lo222ok wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

When was the last time you saw the main character of an anime to be a female? probably 90% of all animes have males for the leading role and women to support them (not to mention probably half of them show that women cook and clean and stuff)


your a dumbass....if you actually watch them all, then you would know....since you havent seen all the animes...then your statement is truly false!
Statistically, there are thousands of animes right now...
i agree that males are the most main characters, but you are over exaggerating...90%?
Seriously?
I would have to say 49% female and the rest is male...
but its natural.... Its been like this for thousands of generations...MALE is The HEAD of the family.......The person who runs the house...dont take this personally from me.....because its been throughout history....
You agree?? Or disagree??qoute it and tell me why


well sorry for not being an anime fucktard like you

i have a life you know

so why the hell are you bitching about something that you know nothing about and trying to seem intelligent


aww are you offended cuz your an anime fucktard too

first of all he called me a dumbass.

second of all, when did i try to make myself seem intelligent


first of all i am not offended cause I happen to like anime I am offended that you seem to think that people that like anime are "fucktards" great use of proper English by the way and second you say you have a life yet when i look you have over 600 CR points so that means you spend some time here to accumulate those points last the intelligent thing was my observation was due to the lack of my attention at the first post and you stating a question



i don't give a fuck if you were insulted or not. o and btw i got this from your profile

play alot of online games love anime and manga my favorite charater in a game is Gan Ning from dynasty warriors. my favorite anime is Battle Programmer Shirase, Negima, Mahoraba ~heartful days~, and many more.

I dont think you should be saying others don't have a life especially when you don't either (btw nice japanese song on your profile. Do you even speak japanese)

hai so desu yo baka!


Jesus christ go kill yourself




why just because i bothered to learn Japanese????


Jesus Christ do you think learning a few simple phrases from anime is "learning japanese"?



not that it is any of your information im taking japanese at school


yeah because every school considers japanese as one of the major languages to learn

nice try. At least make up a story that is BELIEVABLE?

here is my highs schools website japanese is an offered course
http://www.narbonnehigh.org/apps/classes/show_all_classes.jsp?termREC_ID=&rn=8670725


nice job googling "japanese classes offered in highschool"

btw if you REALLY wanted me to have believed you, you would have commented me in japanese instead of saying hai so desu yo baka, but now its too late cuz you can just copy and paste from some japanese website or use some online translator
428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / In a computer Class
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lo222ok wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

When was the last time you saw the main character of an anime to be a female? probably 90% of all animes have males for the leading role and women to support them (not to mention probably half of them show that women cook and clean and stuff)


your a dumbass....if you actually watch them all, then you would know....since you havent seen all the animes...then your statement is truly false!
Statistically, there are thousands of animes right now...
i agree that males are the most main characters, but you are over exaggerating...90%?
Seriously?
I would have to say 49% female and the rest is male...
but its natural.... Its been like this for thousands of generations...MALE is The HEAD of the family.......The person who runs the house...dont take this personally from me.....because its been throughout history....
You agree?? Or disagree??qoute it and tell me why


well sorry for not being an anime fucktard like you

i have a life you know

so why the hell are you bitching about something that you know nothing about and trying to seem intelligent


aww are you offended cuz your an anime fucktard too

first of all he called me a dumbass.

second of all, when did i try to make myself seem intelligent


first of all i am not offended cause I happen to like anime I am offended that you seem to think that people that like anime are "fucktards" great use of proper English by the way and second you say you have a life yet when i look you have over 600 CR points so that means you spend some time here to accumulate those points last the intelligent thing was my observation was due to the lack of my attention at the first post and you stating a question



i don't give a fuck if you were insulted or not. o and btw i got this from your profile

play alot of online games love anime and manga my favorite charater in a game is Gan Ning from dynasty warriors. my favorite anime is Battle Programmer Shirase, Negima, Mahoraba ~heartful days~, and many more.

I dont think you should be saying others don't have a life especially when you don't either (btw nice japanese song on your profile. Do you even speak japanese)

hai so desu yo baka!


Jesus christ go kill yourself




why just because i bothered to learn Japanese????


Jesus Christ do you think learning a few simple phrases from anime is "learning japanese"?



not that it is any of your information im taking japanese at school


yeah because every school considers japanese as one of the major languages to learn

nice try. At least make up a story that is BELIEVABLE?

here is my highs schools website japanese is an offered course
http://www.narbonnehigh.org/apps/classes/show_all_classes.jsp?termREC_ID=&rn=8670725


nice job googling "japanese classes offered in highschool"

btw if you REALLY wanted me to have believed you, you would have commented me in japanese instead of saying hai so desu yo baka, but now its too late cuz you can just copy and paste from some japanese website or use some online translator


-_- you know what im really tired of your skepticism so i take the highground as say i agree to disagree with you.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lo222ok wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

When was the last time you saw the main character of an anime to be a female? probably 90% of all animes have males for the leading role and women to support them (not to mention probably half of them show that women cook and clean and stuff)


your a dumbass....if you actually watch them all, then you would know....since you havent seen all the animes...then your statement is truly false!
Statistically, there are thousands of animes right now...
i agree that males are the most main characters, but you are over exaggerating...90%?
Seriously?
I would have to say 49% female and the rest is male...
but its natural.... Its been like this for thousands of generations...MALE is The HEAD of the family.......The person who runs the house...dont take this personally from me.....because its been throughout history....
You agree?? Or disagree??qoute it and tell me why


well sorry for not being an anime fucktard like you

i have a life you know

so why the hell are you bitching about something that you know nothing about and trying to seem intelligent


aww are you offended cuz your an anime fucktard too

first of all he called me a dumbass.

second of all, when did i try to make myself seem intelligent


first of all i am not offended cause I happen to like anime I am offended that you seem to think that people that like anime are "fucktards" great use of proper English by the way and second you say you have a life yet when i look you have over 600 CR points so that means you spend some time here to accumulate those points last the intelligent thing was my observation was due to the lack of my attention at the first post and you stating a question



i don't give a fuck if you were insulted or not. o and btw i got this from your profile

play alot of online games love anime and manga my favorite charater in a game is Gan Ning from dynasty warriors. my favorite anime is Battle Programmer Shirase, Negima, Mahoraba ~heartful days~, and many more.

I dont think you should be saying others don't have a life especially when you don't either (btw nice japanese song on your profile. Do you even speak japanese)

hai so desu yo baka!


Jesus christ go kill yourself




why just because i bothered to learn Japanese????


Jesus Christ do you think learning a few simple phrases from anime is "learning japanese"?



not that it is any of your information im taking japanese at school


yeah because every school considers japanese as one of the major languages to learn

nice try. At least make up a story that is BELIEVABLE?

here is my highs schools website japanese is an offered course
http://www.narbonnehigh.org/apps/classes/show_all_classes.jsp?termREC_ID=&rn=8670725


nice job googling "japanese classes offered in highschool"

btw if you REALLY wanted me to have believed you, you would have commented me in japanese instead of saying hai so desu yo baka, but now its too late cuz you can just copy and paste from some japanese website or use some online translator


-_- you know what im really tired of your skepticism so i take the highground as say i agree to disagree with you.


GOOD FOR YOU now maybe you can stop spamming my thread

Jesus Christ

17467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 11/3/08
for this conversation to become this distorted and off course from the actual forum topic... should i be laughing or should i continue to pitty anyone that actually read this thread >.< including me
1744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Lowell
Offline
Posted 11/3/08
You guys say Jesus Christ a lot.
588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Houston Texas
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

LemonyPanda wrote:


lo222ok wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lo222ok wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

When was the last time you saw the main character of an anime to be a female? probably 90% of all animes have males for the leading role and women to support them (not to mention probably half of them show that women cook and clean and stuff)


your a dumbass....if you actually watch them all, then you would know....since you havent seen all the animes...then your statement is truly false!
Statistically, there are thousands of animes right now...
i agree that males are the most main characters, but you are over exaggerating...90%?
Seriously?
I would have to say 49% female and the rest is male...
but its natural.... Its been like this for thousands of generations...MALE is The HEAD of the family.......The person who runs the house...dont take this personally from me.....because its been throughout history....
You agree?? Or disagree??qoute it and tell me why


well sorry for not being an anime fucktard like you

i have a life you know


Fucktard?? seriously?? is that even a word?? no im not being a "fucktard"
what ever that means...its called using your head and common sense...your being a dumbass and sit your ass on the computer all damn day long...
use your head! shithead!!
If you had a life...why the fuck do you have 700 crunchypoints???
i think ive proven my point....
not to be an ass...but your a dumbazz! Yes dumbazz, with "Z's"


ok I i have no life because i don't watch as much anime as you do.



lol.....yes....u have no life....true indeed..but your also ignorant...ignorant with your surroundings and ignorant about logic and ignorant about common sense...not the quantity of the episodes seen that shows you have no life, but your ignorance...
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

lo222ok wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lo222ok wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lo222ok wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

When was the last time you saw the main character of an anime to be a female? probably 90% of all animes have males for the leading role and women to support them (not to mention probably half of them show that women cook and clean and stuff)


your a dumbass....if you actually watch them all, then you would know....since you havent seen all the animes...then your statement is truly false!
Statistically, there are thousands of animes right now...
i agree that males are the most main characters, but you are over exaggerating...90%?
Seriously?
I would have to say 49% female and the rest is male...
but its natural.... Its been like this for thousands of generations...MALE is The HEAD of the family.......The person who runs the house...dont take this personally from me.....because its been throughout history....
You agree?? Or disagree??qoute it and tell me why


well sorry for not being an anime fucktard like you

i have a life you know


Fucktard?? seriously?? is that even a word?? no im not being a "fucktard"
what ever that means...its called using your head and common sense...your being a dumbass and sit your ass on the computer all damn day long...
use your head! shithead!!
If you had a life...why the fuck do you have 700 crunchypoints???
i think ive proven my point....
not to be an ass...but your a dumbazz! Yes dumbazz, with "Z's"


ok I i have no life because i don't watch as much anime as you do.



lol.....yes....u have no life....true indeed..but your also ignorant...ignorant with your surroundings and ignorant about logic and ignorant about common sense...not the quantity of the episodes seen that shows you have no life, but your ignorance...



LOL TRUE WORDS FROM A TRUE NERD I GUESS I HAVE TO STUDY UP SOME ANIME THEN
6008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/3/08
hmmm maybe this topic should be closed if this flame wall keeps going on.... Really its just a question so try to be civil with each other you know.
251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In the middle of...
Offline
Posted 11/3/08
You have to consider...anime is made in Japan. In Japan, there is still an underlying principle of old ideologies that came from China such as Confucianism in which order is stressed above all else. There is a reason that the anime always portrays things such as boys wanting girls to make them lunch, to wipe their faces of rice, and to be caring, because that is the ideal in Japanese society or at least that has been the traditional ideals. You have to consider that these cartoons aren't made in America or somewhere where women are more concerned with rights than with raising families.
1744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Lowell
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

potemayo_163 wrote:

hmmm maybe this topic should be closed if this flame wall keeps going on.... Really its just a question so try to be civil with each other you know.


Yea, you guys should stop beasting on each other lol.
25126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / England
Offline
Posted 11/3/08

LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lokii999 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


lo222ok wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

When was the last time you saw the main character of an anime to be a female? probably 90% of all animes have males for the leading role and women to support them (not to mention probably half of them show that women cook and clean and stuff)


your a dumbass....if you actually watch them all, then you would know....since you havent seen all the animes...then your statement is truly false!
Statistically, there are thousands of animes right now...
i agree that males are the most main characters, but you are over exaggerating...90%?
Seriously?
I would have to say 49% female and the rest is male...
but its natural.... Its been like this for thousands of generations...MALE is The HEAD of the family.......The person who runs the house...dont take this personally from me.....because its been throughout history....
You agree?? Or disagree??qoute it and tell me why


well sorry for not being an anime fucktard like you

i have a life you know

so why the hell are you bitching about something that you know nothing about and trying to seem intelligent


aww are you offended cuz your an anime fucktard too

first of all he called me a dumbass.

second of all, when did i try to make myself seem intelligent


first of all i am not offended cause I happen to like anime I am offended that you seem to think that people that like anime are "fucktards" great use of proper English by the way and second you say you have a life yet when i look you have over 600 CR points so that means you spend some time here to accumulate those points last the intelligent thing was my observation was due to the lack of my attention at the first post and you stating a question



i don't give a fuck if you were insulted or not. o and btw i got this from your profile

play alot of online games love anime and manga my favorite charater in a game is Gan Ning from dynasty warriors. my favorite anime is Battle Programmer Shirase, Negima, Mahoraba ~heartful days~, and many more.

I dont think you should be saying others don't have a life especially when you don't either (btw nice japanese song on your profile. Do you even speak japanese)


Dude give up, you got served lol, your tread is a total failure LOL You're trying to win yourself back by swearing and insulting people LOL it's hilarious
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.