First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Why the title is 'Toradora!'?
1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / UAE
Offline
Posted 11/12/08
that's cool

thnxxxxxxx 4 telling us
Member
496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 11/14/08

psalmatha wrote:

well, i always wondered why

and here's what i found out...>______<



THEREFORE...


Even though I'm a firm Taiga x Ryuuji believer, I don't really understand your reasoning. Just because their names are together in the title doesn't mean they'll end up being an item. It could just be referring to the two of them working together to achieve their own goals, which is what's happening now. And if I know anything about romantic comedies, the author's going to end up dragging this out on and on and on and on and on for at least two or three seasons and then give us an ending where they're almost at the point of going out but then something happens and Taiga ends up hating him again (a la comedic effect).

Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong. If I'm not, there's always fanfiction.
Member
825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Canada - Miami(Un...
Offline
Posted 11/14/08
I'm a believer in Taiga X Ryuuji, But Ryuuji said that the dragon and the tiger are equals hence toradora, I know they have crushes but Kitamura is dense and if he really liked Taiga he would of continued to go after her, how do you mistake a confession for friendship. And I like Minorin and she's funny but I don't think she has any feelings for Ryuuji, she probably sees him as a friend. And I agree with some people make it unpredictable that ryuuji and taiga will get together
Member
25145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 11/14/08

zarth4 wrote:

I'm a believer in Taiga X Ryuuji, But Ryuuji said that the dragon and the tiger are equals hence toradora, I know they have crushes but Kitamura is dense and if he really liked Taiga he would of continued to go after her, how do you mistake a confession for friendship. And I like Minorin and she's funny but I don't think she has any feelings for Ryuuji, she probably sees him as a friend. And I agree with some people make it unpredictable that ryuuji and taiga will get together

Honestly, I think Taiga X Ryuuji would be the most obvious plot. So that is why I believe it won't happen and if it does, it'll happen while so deep in the plot. I am pretty sure Minorin and Kitamura will both eventually start being a bit more serious, not to mention the model girl is now in to make Ryuuji's life hell. So if Ryuuji and Taiga does end up together, chances are a lot of people are gonna end up not liking it due to the new side of Minorin and Kitamura... Though i'd find it very ironic if Kitamura and Minorin would end up going out with each other.. which is a scenario I wouldn't doubt anyway.
Member
25145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 11/14/08

animeotakujoanne wrote:


Kypi wrote:

It often seems that any anime with the voice actor (the one that plays taiga), i seem to like. O_o.


same here!!! i loved her in zero no tsukaima
this particular character seems to be a mix between louis and shana,
the dog references are similar to loises, and the "shut up shut up shut up!'s" are exactly like shana's
I was wondering why Taiga's voice sounds familiar.. I still need to watch Shana, but Zero no Tsukaima.. I <3 it. The second season was the best so far, the third season is.. meh.

Member
825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Canada - Miami(Un...
Offline
Posted 11/14/08 , edited 11/14/08
I disagree but you never know what's going to happen it's up to the author their could be a twist near the end, but common how do you mistake a confession for liking someone as a friend. The guy said he liked her before he had his chance and he blew it. Anyhow The way I've seen it on the net people want taiga and ryuuji to be together and others want them to just be friends and get together with their crushes so who know's what's going to happen.
Member
825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Canada - Miami(Un...
Offline
Posted 11/14/08 , edited 11/14/08
Wonder if Ami is going to be just a pain to taiga or actually treat ryuuji as a friend or develop feelings for him.
Moderator
7428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / A Theater Near You!!
Offline
Posted 11/14/08
Good to know
Member
8005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Edamame
Offline
Posted 11/14/08
i don't know but it's cute i like the title
Member
4231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / midnight_EcLiPsE
Offline
Posted 11/15/08

DarkSlushie wrote:


psalmatha wrote:

well, i always wondered why

and here's what i found out...>______<



THEREFORE...


Even though I'm a firm Taiga x Ryuuji believer, I don't really understand your reasoning. Just because their names are together in the title doesn't mean they'll end up being an item. It could just be referring to the two of them working together to achieve their own goals, which is what's happening now. And if I know anything about romantic comedies, the author's going to end up dragging this out on and on and on and on and on for at least two or three seasons and then give us an ending where they're almost at the point of going out but then something happens and Taiga ends up hating him again (a la comedic effect).

Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong. If I'm not, there's always fanfiction.


huh?! now its YOU i dont understand...
didnt you read what i said...?
here...


please do take note of the word ..."MAYBE"

dont you think why their names are together is because they WILL later end up together...?!
"and if i know anything about romantic comedies,"
YES, the author WILL DRAG IT ON AND ON BECAUSE WHATS THE POINT OF IT BEING A SERIES IF THEY WILL JUST in one CLICK of a FINGER BE TOGETHER...
where's the fun in that? the challenge? the thrill? neh?

let me clear this to you, the purpose of the author is really simple...

yes, they are "in love" with another character
but cant you even see beyond that?
that since "they are always working together to achieve their own goals"
they create this "bond," this "trust/security" and comfort of being with each other which they cant be with that person "they are in love with." (eg. with taiga being flat chested, she cant face kitamura but with ryuuji its totally okey for her to be open and be honest)
but they CANT see that yet...because they are always together as friends..
later on, i hope that will develop.

get me now?
{/b]
16329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / F / Singapore lah!
Offline
Posted 11/15/08
ya
tora = tiger = tiaga
dora = dragon = ryuuji

im so sure that they'll end up tgt.
Member
496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 11/15/08

psalmatha wrote:

huh?! now its YOU i dont understand...
didnt you read what i said...?
here...


please do take note of the word ..."MAYBE"

dont you think why their names are together is because they WILL later end up together...?!
"and if i know anything about romantic comedies,"
YES, the author WILL DRAG IT ON AND ON BECAUSE WHATS THE POINT OF IT BEING A SERIES IF THEY WILL JUST in one CLICK of a FINGER BE TOGETHER...
where's the fun in that? the challenge? the thrill? neh?

let me clear this to you, the purpose of the author is really simple...

yes, they are "in love" with another character
but cant you even see beyond that?
that since "they are always working together to achieve their own goals"
they create this "bond," this "trust/security" and comfort of being with each other which they cant be with that person "they are in love with." (eg. with taiga being flat chested, she cant face kitamura but with ryuuji its totally okey for her to be open and be honest)
but they CANT see that yet...because they are always together as friends..
later on, i hope that will develop.

get me now?

I did catch the word 'maybe' but because of the word order, I read it as 'maybe you know', as in 'maybe you know already'. So I assumed you were stating a fact rather than a theory.

And no, just because their names are together in the title does not mean that the two will ultimately get involved romantically. As Ryuuji himself has put it, "throughout history, only the dragon has been able to stand with the tiger as an equal." That's why the title is "ToraDora". It's referring to their partnership, not their love!

And another thing: It's not that I expect the two of them to fall in love "in one click of a finger" and I understand where you're coming from with that. What makes a good romance is not how it ends, but what happens in the middle. However, what I don't want is for that middle to become a pointless charade which brings us to an ending that doesn't offer any real closure. I wasn't saying anything about ToraDora in particular, but more than a few series have met this very same fate. I'm not saying ToraDora is likely to share it but there's nothing that says it won't happen either. But this is just me ranting. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

What were we talking about again? Oh, right. Love. Yes, they're in love with other characters and yes, I CAN look past that fact. But anything further than that is just wishful thinking. You think just because they're "working together" that they'll eventually come to realize their love for each other? What makes you so sure that this is going to happen? Are you the person writing the series? No, you're not. So quit with the 'THIS WILL HAPPEN' standpoint.
Member
825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Canada - Miami(Un...
Offline
Posted 11/15/08 , edited 11/15/08
Wow you people need to relax, it's a show for entertainment, the whole realize feelings for each thing has been done before and the whole team up to get the person we love scenario has been done before.

I just don't want the whole realizing feelings from the crush or main character's at the end of the series scenario it's been done to death and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, I just want a good build up to who they like. Honestly I do want ryuuji and taiga to end up together in a unpredictable way where it' building up to that not the whole working together thing that their doing but if they end up with their crushes I hope I'm surprised where it's building up and it's done in a good way so I'm not disappointed.

I know other people don't want them to get together but if you ask me Taiga had the right idea that they should work independently, she built up the courage to confess to Kitamura than their other failed attempts.
Member
25145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

zarth4 wrote:

I disagree but you never know what's going to happen it's up to the author their could be a twist near the end, but common how do you mistake a confession for liking someone as a friend. The guy said he liked her before he had his chance and he blew it. Anyhow The way I've seen it on the net people want taiga and ryuuji to be together and others want them to just be friends and get together with their crushes so who know's what's going to happen.

Eh, I seen quite a few twisted endings for animes.. One of the worst being 'School Days'. As for this anime though? I would prefer them to end up with their crushes in this series.. Or at least make it where the plot isn't so obvious. Though I like it how Taiga virtually didn't care when the model girl was all up on him.. I was expecting more drama so that made it seem more un-predictable. So I am liking it so far, cause i'm starting to not be able to tell the outcome.. Reminds me of the manga of Ichigo 100%.
Member
4231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / midnight_EcLiPsE
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

DarkSlushie wrote:


psalmatha wrote:

huh?! now its YOU i dont understand...
didnt you read what i said...?
here...


please do take note of the word ..."MAYBE"

dont you think why their names are together is because they WILL later end up together...?!
"and if i know anything about romantic comedies,"
YES, the author WILL DRAG IT ON AND ON BECAUSE WHATS THE POINT OF IT BEING A SERIES IF THEY WILL JUST in one CLICK of a FINGER BE TOGETHER...
where's the fun in that? the challenge? the thrill? neh?

let me clear this to you, the purpose of the author is really simple...

yes, they are "in love" with another character
but cant you even see beyond that?
that since "they are always working together to achieve their own goals"
they create this "bond," this "trust/security" and comfort of being with each other which they cant be with that person "they are in love with." (eg. with taiga being flat chested, she cant face kitamura but with ryuuji its totally okey for her to be open and be honest)
but they CANT see that yet...because they are always together as friends..
later on, i hope that will develop.

get me now?

I did catch the word 'maybe' but because of the word order, I read it as 'maybe you know', as in 'maybe you know already'. So I assumed you were stating a fact rather than a theory.

And no, just because their names are together in the title does not mean that the two will ultimately get involved romantically. As Ryuuji himself has put it, "throughout history, only the dragon has been able to stand with the tiger as an equal." That's why the title is "ToraDora". It's referring to their partnership, not their love!

And another thing: It's not that I expect the two of them to fall in love "in one click of a finger" and I understand where you're coming from with that. What makes a good romance is not how it ends, but what happens in the middle. However, what I don't want is for that middle to become a pointless charade which brings us to an ending that doesn't offer any real closure. I wasn't saying anything about ToraDora in particular, but more than a few series have met this very same fate. I'm not saying ToraDora is likely to share it but there's nothing that says it won't happen either. But this is just me ranting. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

What were we talking about again? Oh, right. Love. Yes, they're in love with other characters and yes, I CAN look past that fact. But anything further than that is just wishful thinking. You think just because they're "working together" that they'll eventually come to realize their love for each other? What makes you so sure that this is going to happen? Are you the person writing the series? No, you're not. So quit with the 'THIS WILL HAPPEN' standpoint.



hhmmm...i know what youre saying already
but i still stand to my point..
we have different views on this and im open to that..
but then again i still stand to my point

hhmm..to make this more "challenging" (? i dont know exactly what term to make of this..)

BUT..
why dont we bet on it?
name yours if you like..

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.