First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Why the title is 'Toradora!'?
Member
825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Canada - Miami(Un...
Offline
Posted 11/16/08 , edited 11/16/08
Like I said before if their crushes do develop feelings I hope I'm not disappointed, I hope I'm surprised in a unpredictable way instead of what happens in other romance comedy animes so whoever they end up with I'm satisfied. Out of all the romantic/comedy shonen anime's I enjoy this out of all of them, Ryuuji isn't indecisive like Makoto and Junpei, I rewatched true tears and I gotta say I was more satisfied with that ending than the Ichigo 100% manga ending.
Member
25145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

zarth4 wrote:

Like I said before if their crushes do develop feelings I hope I'm not disappointed, I hope I'm surprised in a unpredictable way instead of what happens in other romance comedy animes so whoever they end up with I'm satisfied. Out of all the romantic/comedy shonen anime's I enjoy this out of all of them, Ryuuji isn't indecisive like Makoto and Junpei, I rewatched true tears and I gotta say I was more satisfied with that ending than the Ichigo 100% manga ending.

True tears? I'll keep that in mind to watch. Ichigo 100% Didn't have a very satisfying ending but it did have one that did fit in place. So I was actually pretty satisfied since it ended in a way I never would've predicted. Unlike a certain Strawberry Panic, that ending made me - , -. I was depressed for like a week, though I watched that about a year or so ago. As for good animes, this is a pretty good one. Though if you went based off the first episode, like my idiot of a friend did. You'll assume right away 'Those two are gonna go out.' Which, seems pretty predictable. I agree with you though, I hope this ends in an unpredictable way.. Just not too un-predictable like School Days..
Member
496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

psalmatha wrote:

hhmmm...i know what youre saying already
but i still stand to my point..
we have different views on this and im open to that..
but then again i still stand to my point

hhmm..to make this more "challenging" (? i dont know exactly what term to make of this..)

BUT..
why dont we bet on it?
name yours if you like..



I am well aware of the fact that we have different opinions and I expect nothing less of you to stick to your own.

There's nothing in this series as of yet that says that Ryuuji and Taiga would end up together--and on that not, someone please take that "spoiler" out of the extended information on the front page.

But I'm actually hoping to be proven wrong. As I've said already, I give the Ryuuji x Taiga pairing undying support! They would make such a cute couple! But for now, let's just sit back and watch how things develop.
Member
4231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / midnight_EcLiPsE
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

DarkSlushie wrote:


psalmatha wrote:

hhmmm...i know what youre saying already
but i still stand to my point..
we have different views on this and im open to that..
but then again i still stand to my point

hhmm..to make this more "challenging" (? i dont know exactly what term to make of this..)

BUT..
why dont we bet on it?
name yours if you like..



I am well aware of the fact that we have different opinions and I expect nothing less of you to stick to your own.

There's nothing in this series as of yet that says that Ryuuji and Taiga would end up together--and on that not, someone please take that "spoiler" out of the extended information on the front page.

But I'm actually hoping to be proven wrong. As I've said already, I give the Ryuuji x Taiga pairing undying support! They would make such a cute couple! But for now, let's just sit back and watch how things develop.


ah..your no fun at all..
i was hoping..you .....
well, nevermind anyways as you said "sit back and watch"
5563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / phils..*blink* *b...
Offline
Posted 11/16/08
ahhh..i see thats cool i really hope they'll end up together
928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Jakarta, Indonesia ~
Offline
Posted 11/16/08

beef222 wrote:

you know if you read the manga you will see what does Toradora

in the manga Ryūji tell taiga that .... his the dragon and she is the tigar

see






it's clear that ryuuji have feelings for taiga

So that's the meaning behind the title...
Member
12516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / singapore
Offline
Posted 11/17/08

Yamato21 wrote:


beef222 wrote:

you know if you read the manga you will see what does Toradora

in the manga Ryūji tell taiga that .... his the dragon and she is the tigar

see






it's clear that ryuuji have feelings for taiga

So that's the meaning behind the title...


uhm...where did yuu find this manga scan?whr can i read it?!
928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Jakarta, Indonesia ~
Offline
Posted 11/17/08

livinghell_x wrote:



uhm...where did yuu find this manga scan?whr can i read it?!


they have it there : http://www.onemanga.com/Tora_Dora/

164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 11/17/08
toradora means tiger dragon
tora means tiger
dora means dragon
taiga is the tiger
ryuji is the dragon
Posted 11/17/08
Soka,Now I got it^^
Member
386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 11/17/08
icic tats hw the show gt its name .ahhaha.
Member
496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 11/17/08

psalmatha wrote:

ah..your no fun at all..
i was hoping..you .....
well, nevermind anyways as you said "sit back and watch"


What did you expect me to do? You didn't offer any counter arguments or evidence so what more could I have said?
Member
496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 11/17/08

Yamato21 wrote:

it's clear that ryuuji have feelings for taiga

So that's the meaning behind the title...

Feelings? I don't see how you got that from this. Ryuuji is just worried about Taiga and that's a far cry from a declaration of love.
Member
25145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 11/17/08
Just so you guys know.. Just cause Ryuji said 'I'll stand beside you'. Do not take it out of text like that. He simply ment he will help her get what she wants. The tiger and the dragon had a friendship or a bond and helped each other out. It does not mean they will go out, it just means their friendship won't be broken. I'm not saying they won't go out, i'm just saying the title has nothing to do with their relationship.
Member
546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / FrIsKo, CA
Offline
Posted 11/20/08
tora (tiger) and dragon.
pretty simple
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.