First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Has anime raised your expectations of guys/girls
251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / somewhere on the...
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
Wait expectations for what Countery? because girls are diffrent all over the world.....take for Italy for one.....Girls are out of the house before they're 17 sometimes, guys don't leave the house till in their 30's at times. USA kids leave when they leave. In Japan they leave when they go to a School further then the train can take them in 40 mins or less. Other then that Hole famlies stay in the house or move to a bigger house the more they grow....expectations for any one should be up in the air till they date around a little and find out what they like. Persanly.......No it hasn't change I have 9 Sisters they get to nit pick any girl I bring home all I have standers for is if she can tolerate them....so far....no surviers....:(
2449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / school. stuck here!
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
yeah..... kindda.
110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 11/6/08

renevatia wrote:


lonely_devil wrote:


zeggyduran wrote:

you are talking about stuff create by a society that is nearly completely amoral. In other words is nearly and completely lacking in any moral standard. A society where guys are expected to be complete a**holes, and girls assume that the only way to prove they are in love is to sleep with the guy....who happens to be an a**? hard to say. yes I have seen many an example were the guy and male hero character of the story showed moral fiber and complete honor and respect while surrounded by a bunch of love crazed women. I have also seen stuff were all the characters are a bunch of bimbos.

so has it raised my expectation of guys and girls? no not really
my expectations for relationships are bit higher then that.


^ i totally agree wit u


you are passing judgment on another culture with your standards of morality.
this subject is controversial because of how generalized it is, so your argument doesnt really have a support

relating to topic

not really, I can still part anime with reality to a certain degree..lol


go live in that country for a while and see. japan has one of the highest rates of suicide in the world. they may act a happy people but that is a facade. their ideas honor are more pride then anything. the characters also tend to reflect it. the male main character is made to look like a gentleman to appeal to women who don't find that in reality, the women are made to look both cute and sexy and easy to appeal to all the perverts.
funny but I also noticed a lot anime seems make perversion a form of humor. who do think that appeals to? this does apply because you must understand the audience in which anime is intended to appeal to.
16277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / With Jesus
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
I never really thought about it but I think it has. lol
492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
Kind of
38880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / Far
Offline
Posted 11/6/08

zeggyduran wrote:


renevatia wrote:


lonely_devil wrote:


zeggyduran wrote:

you are talking about stuff create by a society that is nearly completely amoral. In other words is nearly and completely lacking in any moral standard. A society where guys are expected to be complete a**holes, and girls assume that the only way to prove they are in love is to sleep with the guy....who happens to be an a**? hard to say. yes I have seen many an example were the guy and male hero character of the story showed moral fiber and complete honor and respect while surrounded by a bunch of love crazed women. I have also seen stuff were all the characters are a bunch of bimbos.

so has it raised my expectation of guys and girls? no not really
my expectations for relationships are bit higher then that.


^ i totally agree wit u


you are passing judgment on another culture with your standards of morality.
this subject is controversial because of how generalized it is, so your argument doesnt really have a support

relating to topic

not really, I can still part anime with reality to a certain degree..lol


go live in that country for a while and see. japan has one of the highest rates of suicide in the world. they may act a happy people but that is a facade. their ideas honor are more pride then anything. the characters also tend to reflect it. the male main character is made to look like a gentleman to appeal to women who don't find that in reality, the women are made to look both cute and sexy and easy to appeal to all the perverts.
funny but I also noticed a lot anime seems make perversion a form of humor. who do think that appeals to? this does apply because you must understand the audience in which anime is intended to appeal to.


well , like i said, your statement tries to define morality, which is nothing more than personal point of view.
but yes, I will have to agree with you on the rest lol
but theres a whole section of genres that doesnt apply to the audience you are talking about, but that is another story.
12090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
no...................!
406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
yup. anime influenced me in all sorts of ways.
1854 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Malaysia/Iowa, USA
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
totally. anime ain't anime without beautiful bishies and doe-eyed girls (don't really care about the girls, since I am one and straight) . anyway, you get so used to FAINT*-quality men, that after you get off the screen, and look around you, it is like, depressing~

but u know, you don't really think about anime men and real men as one species. they are definitely separate.
13660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Detective Agency
Offline
Posted 11/6/08 , edited 11/6/08
Yes. I feel invincible.
(raised expectation in self)
1053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / phiLippinEs
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
yes.. a lot!

one of my friend said that my standards are so high..

just like an anime character he said..
38556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / The place where o...
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
nope
cause anime characters aint real
1854 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Malaysia/Iowa, USA
Offline
Posted 11/6/08

zeggyduran wrote:


renevatia wrote:


lonely_devil wrote:


zeggyduran wrote:

you are talking about stuff create by a society that is nearly completely amoral. In other words is nearly and completely lacking in any moral standard. A society where guys are expected to be complete a**holes, and girls assume that the only way to prove they are in love is to sleep with the guy....who happens to be an a**? hard to say. yes I have seen many an example were the guy and male hero character of the story showed moral fiber and complete honor and respect while surrounded by a bunch of love crazed women. I have also seen stuff were all the characters are a bunch of bimbos.

so has it raised my expectation of guys and girls? no not really
my expectations for relationships are bit higher then that.


^ i totally agree wit u


you are passing judgment on another culture with your standards of morality.
this subject is controversial because of how generalized it is, so your argument doesnt really have a support

relating to topic

not really, I can still part anime with reality to a certain degree..lol


go live in that country for a while and see. japan has one of the highest rates of suicide in the world. they may act a happy people but that is a facade. their ideas honor are more pride then anything. the characters also tend to reflect it. the male main character is made to look like a gentleman to appeal to women who don't find that in reality, the women are made to look both cute and sexy and easy to appeal to all the perverts.
funny but I also noticed a lot anime seems make perversion a form of humor. who do think that appeals to? this does apply because you must understand the audience in which anime is intended to appeal to.


dude you are generalizing too much. you are like saying that all japanese are sexually-repressed, tortured souls with smiles forced on their faces. I don't think that it is accurate to judge the ppl from the popular media they produce. it has some grain of truth to it but to say that the ppl of that culture are mirror images of the characters you see, well, that is stretching it. like say, US TV, the popular Hollywood shows, some americans might feel/do like that maybe some parts of their lives but can you say that, oh, that is just all they are? and also, have you noticed that the same sort of movies (say romance) all the heroines act/are like either A, B or C? and ultimately all channel they same kind of feel you get after watching them. what about the other part of american culture/people? completely neglected.

in anime too, I think that there is the tendency to follow somewhat what other artists of the same genre are doing, and therefore incorporate the same elements. an anime would look different, in every aspect different but characters tend to act a lot like characters of any other anime, don't you think?
like think...there is Hagi in Blood+ and Tooya in Ayashi no Ceres. seriously what is the damn diff betw these 2 stoic, too silent, mysterious ppl?

so I can kinda saying is that, the men you see in anime, are the ideal ANIME men. and the girls, the ideal ANIME girls. in anime, the girls act like that and the men act like that. does that mean that the real japanese girls and men act like that? ehh? it is not so much the truth, but rather faithful adherence to anime character rules.

so the hentai I think falls under the same category. they have been drawing hentai characters since you and I were in diapers and probably will till our children start wearing them instead. tradition man. tradition. how it started is a bit of a Q. but ya, agree. the perverts part in anime can be a bit unsettling when you are not thinking, "oh just part of Japanese culture"
and have you met real japanese ppl? they are super polite but really, other than that, they are pretty normal.
15734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
im now into romance and all that lovey dovey shit
but im loving it!
172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NowHere
Offline
Posted 11/7/08


Yeah......

But its hard to find people that their attitude acts like an anime.....

Well im looking forward to find a girl that somehow acts like an anime....

Like for Example......

I like the girls that are....

Cool like Mizore Shirayuki of Rosario+Vampire...
Sweet Shy like Haruna Sairenji of To Love-Ru...
Romantic like Lucy of Elfen Lied....
Defend herself from bad guys like Satsuki Kitaoji of Ichigo 100%....
Caring like Elle Oomura of Happy World(manga).....


Any many more....

thats my criteria for girls....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.