The Wärtsilä-Sulzer RTA96-C
Posted 11/6/08
Cant really find a place to put this so thought the car section was the most appropriate =D
The Wärtsilä-Sulzer RTA96-C is the world's most powerful diesel engine. Its a shame they use it in large sea vessels.

Total engine weight: 2300 tons (The crankshaft alone weighs 300 tons.)
Length: 89 feet
Height: 44 feet
Maximum power: 108,920 hp at 102 rpm
Maximum torque: 5,608,312 lb/ft at 102rpm

It would be really interesting to put this into a car! pretty sure a rich person who are interested in cars might be interested *cough- a young prince*



683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
You would need a tire truck next to you where ever you go.
5352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
that'll be great for moving at the pace of a snail.
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/6/08
Kinda hilarious if someone redid a boat to look like a ferrari.

Kinda like Jay Leno and his TankCar.
1445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 11/6/08

Gt-racing wrote:

that'll be great for moving at the pace of a snail.


slow but can push a building lol
711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/7/08
wow i never thought i see so many digits for torque...5mil *drules*
16455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / ダバオ国際空港 - DIA [DV...
Offline
Posted 11/7/08 , edited 11/7/08
well, all we need now is a car HUGE ENOUGH to fit the engine....

*btw, ooh i see korean writing...is that for a Hyundai?*
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/7/08

RPMD_4G63 wrote:

well, all we need now is a car HUGE ENOUGH to fit the engine....

*btw, ooh i see korean writing...is that for a Hyundai?*


Hyunda's comin' up pretty quick. Their genesis is starting to make me think differently... even though they still copy the fuck out of other companies. (but ford did it with its Edge being a true replica of the xB...)

16455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / ダバオ国際空港 - DIA [DV...
Offline
Posted 11/8/08

RossoCorsa wrote:


RPMD_4G63 wrote:

well, all we need now is a car HUGE ENOUGH to fit the engine....

*btw, ooh i see korean writing...is that for a Hyundai?*


Hyunda's comin' up pretty quick. Their genesis is starting to make me think differently... even though they still copy the fuck out of other companies. (but ford did it with its Edge being a true replica of the xB...)



i've read in our local car mag that the Genesis Sedan looked like a Mercedes Benz S Class... and the rear similar to BMW's and the i10 hatch's shape reminds me of the 1-series...so i think they want to be on par with European Cars...


*my *
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/10/08

RPMD_4G63 wrote:


RossoCorsa wrote:


RPMD_4G63 wrote:

well, all we need now is a car HUGE ENOUGH to fit the engine....

*btw, ooh i see korean writing...is that for a Hyundai?*


Hyunda's comin' up pretty quick. Their genesis is starting to make me think differently... even though they still copy the fuck out of other companies. (but ford did it with its Edge being a true replica of the xB...)



i've read in our local car mag that the Genesis Sedan looked like a Mercedes Benz S Class... and the rear similar to BMW's and the i10 hatch's shape reminds me of the 1-series...so i think they want to be on par with European Cars...


*my *


Hyundai and Kia live off of copying the ideas of whatever key selling points are done by other companies.

Sadly, we can't do anything about it (though i wish we could) Just like how Ford created the Edge, which is a dead obvious clone of the xB scion.
You must be logged in to post.