First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Father’s Have a Right -not- to pay Child Support?
2704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Trinidad and Tobago
Offline
Posted 11/9/08


i'm dealing with case 3! >.<
30712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Where the Wild Th...
Offline
Posted 11/9/08
That is crazy unfair to guys.
I think the second one especially is really mean and dumb.
I mean really, she even admitted to leading the guy on believe that she had a pill
so, it's really HER fault.

The whole sperm donor thing is really gay too.
I mean, sure, some guy donated sperm to make an extra few bucks
but, it was their decision to use the sperm in the first place.
And, I mean, if the mother contacted the sperm donor before any of the whole financial business
and just for the sake of letting him meet the child or something, then MAAYBE it'd be alright to ask for a little money
but, just asking it because its genetically 'his' really isn't fair.

Personally, I think a father is the one who cares for the baby the most.
Genetics shouldn't matter anymore, not in our times anyways.
397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/08


I admit my statement was a bit too much, but you implied by your earlier statement that "if the laws were changed, men would look for loopholes to escape paying child support". In other words, you're against changing the law, which these women had found loopholes in to make the men pay child support. That makes it seem pretty much like you think if someone has to take advantage of the law then it should be women. I pretty much agree with your assessment on who should pay child support and whatnot though.
397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/08

darkskinempress wrote:



i'm dealing with case 3! >.<


Ok thanks for clarifying.
5561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Neverland
Offline
Posted 11/9/08

cardmage wrote:



I admit my statement was a bit too much, but you implied by your earlier statement that "if the laws were changed, men would look for loopholes to escape paying child support". In other words, you're against changing the law, which these women had found loopholes in to make the men pay child support. That makes it seem pretty much like you think if someone has to take advantage of the law then it should be women. I pretty much agree with your assessment on who should pay child support and whatnot though.


Now that I look back on what I said i didn't mean it as simplistically as it came across, I'm srys
2066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 11/9/08
i dunno if u got a kid you should probably support it somehow. money is the least you can do if you feel like havin a kids a good idea
397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/08

lonely_devil wrote:


Now that I look back on what I said i didn't mean it as simplistically as it came across, I'm srys


Ok. Yeah it happens. And I'm sorry if I came across as sounding harsh. Didn't mean to. I was just too engrossed in the discussion.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 11/9/08 , edited 11/9/08
Thank God theres someone who doesn't support child support. I mean its obvious people have to pay child support is because of some feminist bitch who wanted more rights for women. I mean what the fuck what if its the Father who wants to keep the baby after a divorce, and after the woman leaves them and the Father needs money, why doesn't the woman have to pay child support? This is truly sexist and i freaking hate it. (especially about the abortion thing i mean cmon why does the dad have to pay when he didn't even want the baby in the first place)

im really conservative on these things
Posted 11/9/08

TsuruyaSan wrote:

lol wut


I agree.

I read like one paragraph and gave up.

Too lazy. xD
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 11/9/08

LemonyPanda wrote:

Thank God theres someone who doesn't support child support. I mean its obvious people have to pay child support is because of some feminist bitch who wanted more rights for women. I mean what the fuck what if its the Father who wants to keep the baby after a divorce, and after the woman leaves them and the Father needs money, why doesn't the woman have to pay child support? This is truly sexist and i freaking hate it. (especially about the abortion thing i mean cmon why does the dad have to pay when he didn't even want the baby in the first place)

im really conservative on these things


Women do pay child support if the man takes the child in some and very rare cases and sometimes they pay alimony.............
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 11/9/08

raja613 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

Thank God theres someone who doesn't support child support. I mean its obvious people have to pay child support is because of some feminist bitch who wanted more rights for women. I mean what the fuck what if its the Father who wants to keep the baby after a divorce, and after the woman leaves them and the Father needs money, why doesn't the woman have to pay child support? This is truly sexist and i freaking hate it. (especially about the abortion thing i mean cmon why does the dad have to pay when he didn't even want the baby in the first place)

im really conservative on these things


Women do pay child support if the man takes the child in some and very rare cases and sometimes they pay alimony.............


thats not what i learned in my health class

and maybe california laws are different...california is so god damned liberal
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 11/9/08

LemonyPanda wrote:


raja613 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

Thank God theres someone who doesn't support child support. I mean its obvious people have to pay child support is because of some feminist bitch who wanted more rights for women. I mean what the fuck what if its the Father who wants to keep the baby after a divorce, and after the woman leaves them and the Father needs money, why doesn't the woman have to pay child support? This is truly sexist and i freaking hate it. (especially about the abortion thing i mean cmon why does the dad have to pay when he didn't even want the baby in the first place)

im really conservative on these things


Women do pay child support if the man takes the child in some and very rare cases and sometimes they pay alimony.............


thats not what i learned in my health class

and maybe california laws are different...california is so god damned liberal


According to a survey released by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, there is an increase in the number of mothers who have been made to make child support payments. In the past five year, 55 percent of the respondents in the survey said that courts are making more mothers pay to support their children, reported The Wall Street Journal. Divorce attorneys also cited that the size of payments amounts have increased in the past five years. Fourteen percent cited the payments have decreased and 44 percent said they payments have stayed the same.

A famous person who pays child support is Anne Heche....Ellen's ex-girlfriend lol

Here's a story in FLA where a woman paid child support
http://www.wftv.com/news/16454151/detail.html
Other stories:
http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070114/NEWS/701140392/1004/NEWS03
http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/33085974.html
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 11/9/08

raja613 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


raja613 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

Thank God theres someone who doesn't support child support. I mean its obvious people have to pay child support is because of some feminist bitch who wanted more rights for women. I mean what the fuck what if its the Father who wants to keep the baby after a divorce, and after the woman leaves them and the Father needs money, why doesn't the woman have to pay child support? This is truly sexist and i freaking hate it. (especially about the abortion thing i mean cmon why does the dad have to pay when he didn't even want the baby in the first place)

im really conservative on these things


Women do pay child support if the man takes the child in some and very rare cases and sometimes they pay alimony.............


thats not what i learned in my health class

and maybe california laws are different...california is so god damned liberal


According to a survey released by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, there is an increase in the number of mothers who have been made to make child support payments. In the past five year, 55 percent of the respondents in the survey said that courts are making more mothers pay to support their children, reported The Wall Street Journal. Divorce attorneys also cited that the size of payments amounts have increased in the past five years. Fourteen percent cited the payments have decreased and 44 percent said they payments have stayed the same.

A famous person who pays child support is Anne Heche....Ellen's ex-girlfriend lol

Here's a story in FLA where a woman paid child support
http://www.wftv.com/news/16454151/detail.html
Other stories:
http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070114/NEWS/701140392/1004/NEWS03
http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/33085974.html



what about california?
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 11/9/08 , edited 11/9/08


I tried lol there are none....ya'll are very liberal on women it seems lol
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 11/9/08

SeraphAlford wrote:

Women aren’t the only one’s participating in the act of sexual intercourse, but they are the only one’s participating in the act of making the decision of rather or not they want to be a parent.
I don't quite see it that way. I see the woman has having the choice to allow the fetus to use her body in order to develop into baby. I do not think that the father has any say in that decision because it is not his body being used by the fetus in order to develop. The woman can choose to have the baby but not to be a parent, and in many cases a woman will give the baby up for adoption immediately after birth so she does not have to support it using her money.




It is female superiority because women are being given a right that men do not receive even though men are also concerned. Either abortion should be illegal, men should have a say in abortion, or woman should have no right to demand child support unless the man agreed that he didn’t want her to have an abortion.
I think I agree with you here. I see the child support system as it currently exists to be unreasonable. If the woman has the right to terminate her obligation to the child by giving it up for adoption then the father should have the right to say he wishes to terminate his obligation. After he does so the woman should be able to choose to keep the child on her own or give it to the federal government. I have always felt that the system we have in place is totally unfair and I am behind you 100% on this issue.






Your argument of personal responsibility is self-contradictory. Letting women have abortions is in fact allowing them to get out of the consequences of their actions. There is the exception of rape and incest, but statistics show that less than one percent of abortions attained result in either one of these.
I don't think that consensual incestuous sex is any different from non incestuous consensual sex. I also do not see abortion as a way to get out of the consequences of an action. As I have previously stated, I see abortion as as denial. There is no moral obligation for me to give you my kidney if you will die without it. Its mine. The fetus has no claim to the woman's body.





First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.