First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Marriage , why do they do it?
173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / London
Offline
Posted 11/7/08
they dont, its in everyones imagination.
1308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In Professor Layt...
Offline
Posted 11/7/08

KinkyHamster wrote:


cloax0desu wrote:

WILL YOU PUSSIES GO FIGHT SOMEWHERE ELSE. THIS IS OFF TOPIC.

Where are the mods?

Your post is also off topic.


and i assume yours is as well, but at least it I'm not arguing senselessly.

and to add to the topic, marriage is also a great way to add to financial wealth and a sense of security for the individuals. those who find marriage boring within a couple of years probably do not love each other enough and should not have been married at all...
100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 11/7/08
- To pass on your genes/legacy the right way
- Life long companionship and have someone to share everything with

That's what I think marriage is. If you marry for money or sex, you're doing it wrong.
5561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Neverland
Offline
Posted 11/7/08

I only have 2 cousins and they're in the will 2
2704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Trinidad and Tobago
Offline
Posted 11/7/08
love
convenience
economic support
tradition
religion


Posted 11/7/08
so they can have sex without people judging them wrong . . .
Posted 11/7/08

lonely_devil wrote:


I only have 2 cousins and they're in the will 2


lol make sure they don't get more than you....if so, maybe you should start making them "disappear"
Posted 11/7/08
hmmm they get married cuz they have nothing better to do.....
6804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / England
Offline
Posted 11/7/08
I LOL at this topic

A: because well its obviously started to fuel a argument lol

B: because well its about marriage something you can possibly understand properly until you have been in a "serious" relationship

C: because it has made me realise how cynical young people seem to be these days (makes me sound old >_< goes into an "in my day" rant)

but taking this topic more seriously lol, You cant completely understand the reasons for modern day marriage until you find the person you hope to spend you life with. (sounds soppy yes)

Posted 11/7/08
my answer can be explained by this:
QUESTIONS, why do you ask them?

it's as simple as that.
1010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / mi casa
Offline
Posted 11/7/08
everybody falls in love right? why souldnt we?? family???
7442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Tampa, FL
Offline
Posted 11/7/08

Bearcrunch wrote:

If you get marry, u either

- get bored of each other eventually
- cheat on ur spouse
- the romantic died away when tey are over 40 and they acted more like friends
- on rare cases, kill them to get money

So why? Is it because u want a kid and somebody to take care of it but kids are annoying.



Well well, aren't we the cynic?

Some of us actually love a significant other so much we want to spend the rest of our lives with them.

And just so you know:
- If you really love someone, they don't get boring. Yes, they may do things that annoy you, and you may have arguments, but boredom, if you really care- nope.
- Again, if you are TRULY in a committed relationship, you won't cheat.
- OK, fyi, in most cases, the romance doesn't die away, it's just a lot more discreet because, well...if a couple has kids, they probably don't want to get all lovey-dovey in front of them. There are also a lot more concerns, like dealing with every day life situations, that take some time away from romance. Doesn't mean it goes away. If it does, then you can divorce.
- Yes, I do know someone who seems like they're killing their spouse to get money. I know another story about a couple my mom knew when she was young that was around the same lines. However, this is RARE, so it generally doesn't stand for all marriages.

And if you think kids are annoying, you don't have to have them. I don't want them.

15734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/7/08
Because you love this one person so much
you want to live and die with them!
1359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 11/7/08 , edited 11/7/08

touchzanaflexpens wrote:


Bearcrunch wrote:

If you get marry, u either

- get bored of each other eventually
- cheat on ur spouse
- the romantic died away when tey are over 40 and they acted more like friends
- on rare cases, kill them to get money

So why? Is it because u want a kid and somebody to take care of it but kids are annoying.



Well well, aren't we the cynic?

Some of us actually love a significant other so much we want to spend the rest of our lives with them.

And just so you know:
- If you really love someone, they don't get boring. Yes, they may do things that annoy you, and you may have arguments, but boredom, if you really care- nope.
- Again, if you are TRULY in a committed relationship, you won't cheat.
- OK, fyi, in most cases, the romance doesn't die away, it's just a lot more discreet because, well...if a couple has kids, they probably don't want to get all lovey-dovey in front of them. There are also a lot more concerns, like dealing with every day life situations, that take some time away from romance. Doesn't mean it goes away. If it does, then you can divorce.
- Yes, I do know someone who seems like they're killing their spouse to get money. I know another story about a couple my mom knew when she was young that was around the same lines. However, this is RARE, so it generally doesn't stand for all marriages.

And if you think kids are annoying, you don't have to have them. I don't want them.



Sup, my bad too long don't feel like reading it, but my post is really a though gained from years of watching t.v. And you have admit finding the one u truly love is hard
7442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Tampa, FL
Offline
Posted 11/7/08

Bearcrunch wrote:


touchzanaflexpens wrote:


Bearcrunch wrote:

If you get marry, u either

- get bored of each other eventually
- cheat on ur spouse
- the romantic died away when tey are over 40 and they acted more like friends
- on rare cases, kill them to get money

So why? Is it because u want a kid and somebody to take care of it but kids are annoying.



Well well, aren't we the cynic?

Some of us actually love a significant other so much we want to spend the rest of our lives with them.

And just so you know:
- If you really love someone, they don't get boring. Yes, they may do things that annoy you, and you may have arguments, but boredom, if you really care- nope.
- Again, if you are TRULY in a committed relationship, you won't cheat.
- OK, fyi, in most cases, the romance doesn't die away, it's just a lot more discreet because, well...if a couple has kids, they probably don't want to get all lovey-dovey in front of them. There are also a lot more concerns, like dealing with every day life situations, that take some time away from romance. Doesn't mean it goes away. If it does, then you can divorce.
- Yes, I do know someone who seems like they're killing their spouse to get money. I know another story about a couple my mom knew when she was young that was around the same lines. However, this is RARE, so it generally doesn't stand for all marriages.

And if you think kids are annoying, you don't have to have them. I don't want them.



Sup, my bad too long don't feel like reading it, but my post is really a though gained from years of watching t.v. And you have admit finding the one u truly love is hard


Tsk tsk, laziness.

TV!? Sorry but I just found that funny right there. 99% of the things you see on TV aren't accurate.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.