First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
FUNimation Entertainment Officially Launches on Hulu
65554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/8/08

-Athrine- wrote:

Funimation is the only one left in licensing anime in the US im pretty sure there gonna down next. ADV already gave up licensing and decided to be a distribution company only.



1. ADV - there gonna get bankrupt soon im pretty sure of it they already started not license anime anymore.
2. Geneon entertaiment - well there already bankrupt.
3. Funimation - may last for a few years but there gonna get bankrupt sooner or later.

this is just my opinion but i won't buy some anime DVD box set if i haven't seen the whole series yet. i bought a Evangelion box set because i already watched it and really liked it.


I would like to discuss on how this is from the fansubs and such, but this thread is much more better at this subject.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-371988/The-Anime-Fansub-Groups-Stealing-From-Anime-Studio-One-Episode-At-A-Time.html?pg=0

And yes, DVDs and box sets are too expensive to be seen blindly. But hopefully this transition will help out the companies and the fans. But only time will tell.
15762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/08

zendude wrote:


TriPad wrote:


zendude wrote:


TriPad wrote:

CR is getting a lot of problems these days.


Be more specific.


Retarded posts, site bugs, weekly update, competing with other sites, etc


True, especially the first one.
But crunchyroll has the edge on the other sites because of the enormous community and loopholes in the copyright laws.

I am really interest on what the Executive of crunchyroll will say in this conference about crunchyroll.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2008-11-05/crunchyroll-to-speak-at-massachusetts-institute-of-technology-m.i.t



Lol, update me on this zen, I'm intrigued.
65554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/8/08

TriPad wrote:


Lol, update me on this zen, I'm intrigued.


"LAWL"
These are the kind of news that you don't hear about on crunchyroll.
I will note that request. Hopefully, they release the report on this.
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / 大迷宮
Offline
Posted 11/8/08
I wouldn't be surprised is there's already a person that said "This might be some sort of opposing sign for CR. =/".
I think so too, yes.
.. But Hulu..? Why Hulu?
15762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/08

zendude wrote:


-Athrine- wrote:

Funimation is the only one left in licensing anime in the US im pretty sure there gonna down next. ADV already gave up licensing and decided to be a distribution company only.



1. ADV - there gonna get bankrupt soon im pretty sure of it they already started not license anime anymore.
2. Geneon entertaiment - well there already bankrupt.
3. Funimation - may last for a few years but there gonna get bankrupt sooner or later.

this is just my opinion but i won't buy some anime DVD box set if i haven't seen the whole series yet. i bought a Evangelion box set because i already watched it and really liked it.


I would like to discuss on how this is from the fansubs and such, but this thread is much more better at this subject.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-371988/The-Anime-Fansub-Groups-Stealing-From-Anime-Studio-One-Episode-At-A-Time.html?pg=0

And yes, DVDs and box sets are too expensive to be seen blindly. But hopefully this transition will help out the companies and the fans. But only time will tell.


That is the sad truth of the animu industry today, fansubbers are giving out free fansubbed eps which affects the producers since they can reap no benefits from this. In short, the animu industry in some country is slowly dying but I doubt that affects the japs.
15762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/08

zendude wrote:


TriPad wrote:


Lol, update me on this zen, I'm intrigued.


"LAWL"
These are the kind of news that you don't hear about on crunchyroll.
I will note that request. Hopefully, they release the report on this.


Or you could just send me the site to where you find this, exclude google pl0x.
65554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/8/08

TriPad wrote:


zendude wrote:


TriPad wrote:


Lol, update me on this zen, I'm intrigued.


"LAWL"
These are the kind of news that you don't hear about on crunchyroll.
I will note that request. Hopefully, they release the report on this.


Or you could just send me the site to where you find this, exclude google pl0x.


This site:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/

Well, I'll probably post it up in the forum if they release the report.

Note to self:
November 21, 2008

I wonder if the mods know anything about this. "LAWL"
They are probably as blind as us.
6649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 11/8/08 , edited 11/8/08

zendude wrote:


-Athrine- wrote:

Funimation is the only one left in licensing anime in the US im pretty sure there gonna down next. ADV already gave up licensing and decided to be a distribution company only.



1. ADV - there gonna get bankrupt soon im pretty sure of it they already started not license anime anymore.
2. Geneon entertaiment - well there already bankrupt.
3. Funimation - may last for a few years but there gonna get bankrupt sooner or later.

this is just my opinion but i won't buy some anime DVD box set if i haven't seen the whole series yet. i bought a Evangelion box set because i already watched it and really liked it.


I would like to discuss on how this is from the fansubs and such, but this thread is much more better at this subject.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-371988/The-Anime-Fansub-Groups-Stealing-From-Anime-Studio-One-Episode-At-A-Time.html?pg=0

And yes, DVDs and box sets are too expensive to be seen blindly. But hopefully this transition will help out the companies and the fans. But only time will tell.


I already know that fansub is illegal but saying that the whole anime industry is losing money thats just BS why because i know for the fact that the japanese anime industry is doing really good.

The ones thats really suffering is the North american anime industry not the whole anime industry there losing money because no one buys Anime DVD box set in companys like. ADV,Funimation and many more.

So saying the whole anime industry is losing money thats so selfish of the north american anime industry there just after for the money.
118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 11/8/08
I think CR is better bc thy release what is being seen in japan now..I mean who wants to only get shows that aired ages ago? Yeah its nice to see old stuff but Id much rather watch a new show than things that were aired like 5 years ago and are dubbed and edited <-dumb
65554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/8/08

-Athrine- wrote:


zendude wrote:


-Athrine- wrote:

Funimation is the only one left in licensing anime in the US im pretty sure there gonna down next. ADV already gave up licensing and decided to be a distribution company only.



1. ADV - there gonna get bankrupt soon im pretty sure of it they already started not license anime anymore.
2. Geneon entertaiment - well there already bankrupt.
3. Funimation - may last for a few years but there gonna get bankrupt sooner or later.

this is just my opinion but i won't buy some anime DVD box set if i haven't seen the whole series yet. i bought a Evangelion box set because i already watched it and really liked it.


I would like to discuss on how this is from the fansubs and such, but this thread is much more better at this subject.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-371988/The-Anime-Fansub-Groups-Stealing-From-Anime-Studio-One-Episode-At-A-Time.html?pg=0

And yes, DVDs and box sets are too expensive to be seen blindly. But hopefully this transition will help out the companies and the fans. But only time will tell.


I already know that fansub is illegal but saying that the whole anime industry is losing money thats just BS why because i know for the fact that the japanese anime industry is doing really good.

The ones thats really suffering is the North american anime industry not the whole anime industry there losing money because no one buys Anime DVD box set in companys like. ADV,Funimation and many more.

So saying the whole anime industry is losing money thats so selfish of the north american anime industry there just after for the money.


Well, post it on that thread to see if you are right.
15762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/08

zendude wrote:


TriPad wrote:


zendude wrote:


TriPad wrote:


Lol, update me on this zen, I'm intrigued.


"LAWL"
These are the kind of news that you don't hear about on crunchyroll.
I will note that request. Hopefully, they release the report on this.


Or you could just send me the site to where you find this, exclude google pl0x.


This site:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/

Well, I'll probably post it up in the forum if they release the report.

Note to self:
November 21, 2008

I wonder if the mods know anything about this. "LAWL"
They are probably as blind as us.


I was expecting that link.
65554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/8/08

linabean3 wrote:

I think CR is better bc thy release what is being seen in japan now..I mean who wants to only get shows that aired ages ago? Yeah its nice to see old stuff but Id much rather watch a new show than things that were aired like 5 years ago and are dubbed and edited <-dumb


The point is that FUNimation (HULU), Toei(CR), and Gonzo(CR) are testing out a new strategy by using the internet as a medium to reach a wider audience. Their approach to it is a bit different, one is releasing oldies and the other releasing something brand new. This is not about DUB or SUBs.
Posted 11/8/08
what the hell is hulu?
65554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 11/8/08

BlazingRb wrote:

what the hell is hulu?


North America Podcast Site
Probably the most extensive site that has recent releases from American television.
Posted 11/8/08

zendude wrote:


BlazingRb wrote:

what the hell is hulu?


North America Podcast Site
Probably the most extensive site that has recent releases from American television.


so that's why i can't watch dr.house in there . . .

just remembered it now
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.