First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Christianity and Catholic
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 11/10/08


Right, the whole god created us in how own image crap again, well god must look like a monkey then, because that's what we evolved from. and what your saying is god was asking for perfection ? Phsh that's bullshit, and as for jesus dying for our sin, what so it lasts forever ?
763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / iN MY ROOM Duh ♥
Offline
Posted 11/10/08
catholics believe in one god but christians believe that there are different gods or something, i think. also christians mock catholics, i THiNKS
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 11/10/08

Digix wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


Digix wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

Man that makes god sound like a total bitch. Heh, so the devil helps people out a lot eh, for what reason ? So if god is this mass murdering asshole why do so many people warship him ? Out of fear ? Kinda makes satan sound like a good person when you put it that way.


well if he kills the one you want to be killed he is your good friend :)
you do not consider that killing your enemies is a sin.

anyway, I recommend you to read these books
http://www.vaidilute.com/books-downloads.html by Leo Taxil
it is very funny but correct interpretation of bible and Evangelia


Books, Nah.


well it depends on how fast you can read, and i think it was quite a fun way to learn truth about bible which they are trying to hide.

Of course that is just a waste of time anyway


The bible is just a bunch of contridictions anyway, it would be nothing more that a waste of time to read it.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 11/10/08

Allhailodin wrote:



Right, the whole god created us in how own image crap again, well god must look like a monkey then, because that's what we evolved from. and what your saying is god was asking for perfection ? Phsh that's bullshit, and as for jesus dying for our sin, what so it lasts forever ?


Look why don't you go read the bible instead of asking people on the internet to breast feed you
693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 11/10/08

LemonyPanda wrote:

You have to know that the old testament and the new testament are completely different. In the old testament, their sins were not forgiven, they were only looked over meaning even the purest believer of God was dirtier than the dirtiest Christian. God hates sin, he has no use for it, and therefore doesn't need the people who have it (i know it sounds cruel but you have to realize we are creations and he is the creator.) However, once Jesus died, we became changed as now the Blood of Jesus is over us and we are forgiven of our sin. So now, we don't get killed for commiting sins. Do you see what I'm saying?


That looks quite absurd to everyone who is trying to understand. Nobody was ever killed because of any sin in the bible only lots of mostly innocent people died.
Christianity is more about bringing up to life all bazilion of dead people and then sending then to hell or heaven

Also do not forget statement of Pope and Jesus
Old testament is absolutely valid and Jesus especially stated that he does not change a single letter of old teaching but even brings on even more rules and restrictions.

however church dared to change ten commandments, reorganize hierarchy of angels and even change teaching of Jesus.

so in current situation it is hard to tell what is sin.
for example Jesus very clearly stated that nobody should pray in public like corrupt priests do.
but almost instantly St peter changed that and told that it is OK to do what Jesus forbids.
at that rate pope is technically free to declare that killing people is not a sin if they are black

10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 11/10/08

LemonyPanda wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:



Right, the whole god created us in how own image crap again, well god must look like a monkey then, because that's what we evolved from. and what your saying is god was asking for perfection ? Phsh that's bullshit, and as for jesus dying for our sin, what so it lasts forever ?


Look why don't you go read the bible instead of asking people on the internet to breast feed you


The bible is full of lies and contradictions, so I doubt I would read such a useless book.
693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 11/10/08 , edited 11/10/08

Allhailodin wrote:
The bible is just a bunch of contridictions anyway, it would be nothing more that a waste of time to read it.


it has no more contradiction than average anime series.
its more like church teachings contradicts with bible.
but we watch anime and read books too, that one is no much diffrent
imagine that bible is made of all tenchi series when each movie or season represents separate bible books.
we will have about same amount of contradictions

however i would like church to drop that R rated old crap and replace it with "melancholy of haruhi" anime
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 11/10/08

Digix wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

You have to know that the old testament and the new testament are completely different. In the old testament, their sins were not forgiven, they were only looked over meaning even the purest believer of God was dirtier than the dirtiest Christian. God hates sin, he has no use for it, and therefore doesn't need the people who have it (i know it sounds cruel but you have to realize we are creations and he is the creator.) However, once Jesus died, we became changed as now the Blood of Jesus is over us and we are forgiven of our sin. So now, we don't get killed for commiting sins. Do you see what I'm saying?


That looks quite absurd to everyone who is trying to understand. Nobody was ever killed because of any sin in the bible only lots of mostly innocent people died.
Christianity is more about bringing up to life all bazilion of dead people and then sending then to hell or heaven

Also do not forget statement of Pope and Jesus
Old testament is absolutely valid and Jesus especially stated that he does not change a single letter of old teaching but even brings on even more rules and restrictions.

however church dared to change ten commandments, reorganize hierarchy of angels and even change teaching of Jesus.

so in current situation it is hard to tell what is sin.
for example Jesus very clearly stated that nobody should pray in public like corrupt priests do.
but almost instantly St peter changed that and told that it is OK to do what Jesus forbids.
at that rate pope is technically free to declare that killing people is not a sin if they are black



theres a scritpure in the bible i forgot where that says sin is the cause for death...and your probably going against catholics not protestants. We believe in different things and i agree catholics do not make any sense at all
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 11/10/08 , edited 11/10/08

Digix wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:
The bible is just a bunch of contridictions anyway, it would be nothing more that a waste of time to read it.


it has no more contradiction than average anime series.
but we watch anime and read books too, that one is no much diffrent

however i would like church to drop that R rated old crap and replace it with "melancholy of haruhi" anime


The christian religion in general is full of fucked up morals that make no sense and its full of completely illogical stuff that probally never happened. So in general it seems like a waste of a life. So why would I read the very thing they base there life off of ?
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 11/10/08

Allhailodin wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:



Right, the whole god created us in how own image crap again, well god must look like a monkey then, because that's what we evolved from. and what your saying is god was asking for perfection ? Phsh that's bullshit, and as for jesus dying for our sin, what so it lasts forever ?


Look why don't you go read the bible instead of asking people on the internet to breast feed you


The bible is full of lies and contradictions, so I doubt I would read such a useless book.



maybe to a dumb ass like you it wouldn't make sense. Kinda like how you can't expect a 2nd grader to read and understand a college textbook
Posted 11/10/08

ichbinfroh wrote:


puppet89 wrote:

i dunno .. but my question is what's the difference between

Protestant, Baptist, Presbyterian, Catholic, etc.


ok, we talked a lot about this in my history class last year, so i'll try to explain in a nutshell.

before the protestant revolution, the catholic church was *the* church. it wasn't called catholicism, it was christianity. later, a christian theologian named martin luther posted a list of things he was against with in the church itself called the 95 theses. the church was corrupt at that time and many people were starting to doubt it. martin luther realized that you didn't have to be saved by your works, but having full faith in god and jesus as your savior. eventually, people began to follow what martin luther said and it eventually evolved into protestantism. it's interesting because martin luther only wanted to better the church, not create a whole new denomination. there are a lot of other things that happened, but i don't remember it all

the other denominations are branches of protestantism were started by different theologians from different countries. they usually have different beliefs in religious practice and how to live daily life and whatnot...


aahhh ... ~ i see .. we talked about this in my history class too ...
Posted 11/10/08
Christianity is what I would define as the belief in Christ and His teachings as told in the New Testament. Catholicism is the religion behind Christianity. People confuse the two terms either because they don't know or overlook the history behind the Catholic Church. There was a major break in the main branch (Catholic) around 1000 AD and during the Protestant Reformation in the 15th century due to some discrepancies within the original Catholic Church. Thus different Christian denominations surfaced. Catholics and all the denominations that broke off from the Catholic Church are technically Christians provided that they place their beliefs in Christ and His teachings. They only differ in their method of worship and how they conduct their services (if applicable) to name a few.
144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Nottingham, Engla...
Offline
Posted 11/10/08
don't know or care but i wish people would stop making threads about religion/god
its starting to get pretty fucking boring.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 11/10/08

LemonyPanda wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:



Right, the whole god created us in how own image crap again, well god must look like a monkey then, because that's what we evolved from. and what your saying is god was asking for perfection ? Phsh that's bullshit, and as for jesus dying for our sin, what so it lasts forever ?


Look why don't you go read the bible instead of asking people on the internet to breast feed you


The bible is full of lies and contradictions, so I doubt I would read such a useless book.



maybe to a dumb ass like you it wouldn't make sense. Kinda like how you can't expect a 2nd grader to read and understand a college textbook


The "Idiot" uses "Insult" but it fails.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 11/10/08

Allhailodin wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:



Right, the whole god created us in how own image crap again, well god must look like a monkey then, because that's what we evolved from. and what your saying is god was asking for perfection ? Phsh that's bullshit, and as for jesus dying for our sin, what so it lasts forever ?


Look why don't you go read the bible instead of asking people on the internet to breast feed you


The bible is full of lies and contradictions, so I doubt I would read such a useless book.



maybe to a dumb ass like you it wouldn't make sense. Kinda like how you can't expect a 2nd grader to read and understand a college textbook


The "Idiot" uses "Insult" but it fails.


on no im being criticized by a nerd on the internet who thinks he's so tough because he can challenge the most popular religion in the world on a forum usually made for asian dramas and animes
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.